IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8136 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0915 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0911 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7900 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zene10.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2052 6 years ago

Picked up a Whirlwind recently. In decent shape. I had to de-rainbow-puke it, rivet one target and replace another broken one.

Question: When a ball is in the shooter lane for a period of time, the game goes into a ball search. Is this normal?
Shooter lane switch is working correctly.

#2054 6 years ago

Switch

Quoted from GRUMPY:

No.

Does it have a pink connector on the switch? Yes, cut it off and solder wire to the switch.

Shooter lane - Switch-Matrix: Switch 59, Row: White-Orange, Column: Green-Gray.

Looks like I have an issue: The diode is correct, however, I have a White-Red wire soldered to the same terminal as the White-Orange.

I'll try cutting the White-Red and check the White-Red row to see where the errant wire should belong.

Thanks.

IMG_3018 (resized).JPGIMG_3018 (resized).JPG

#2056 6 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Switch

Shooter lane - Switch-Matrix: Switch 59, Row: White-Orange, Column: Green-Gray.
Looks like I have an issue: The diode is correct, however, I have a White-Red wire soldered to the same terminal as the White-Orange.
I'll try cutting the White-Red and check the White-Red row to see where the errant wire should belong.
Thanks.

Looking at the schematic, the White-Red and White-Orange share a jumpered connecter at the board. I thought that might be an issue.

I clipped the White-Red wire and the switch was dead. Hmmm...

But after tracing wires back, the White-Red wire in the picture turned out to be a White-'Reddish Orange' and not White-Red. There are definitely two different shades of orange in the White-Orange wiring.

I'll try GRUMPY 's suggestion next and remove the pink connector and solder directly.

1 month later
#2162 5 years ago

I've been getting intermittent game resets (especially during multiball) on Whirlwind. I've been down this road before with a WPC game, WH2O.

Diodes have all been checked on the flippers - all good.

Found a suspect on the Aux Power Board (see picture). Hmmm...

Not going to mess around and just shotgun the usual suspects for replacements using vid1900 and Schwaggs System 11 guides.

Off to Great Plains to load up on rebuild parts for the power boards (caps, transistors, resistors, zeners, plugs and headers, fuses, etc. & a couple of heat sinks thrown in for good measure).

IMG_3280 (resized).JPGIMG_3280 (resized).JPG

7 months later
#2500 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Wait till you try to take out the playfield posts from the T Nuts. Oooooooofffffff!!!
rd

Ouch. Wish I would of thought of the soldering iron. I snapped several re-habbing my Whirlwind.

1 month later
#2532 5 years ago

Broken multiples before I read about the heating suggestion.

#2567 5 years ago

I blew the 5V switching regulator on my White Water. Same part?

https://www.arrow.com/en/products/ptr08060wvd/texas-instruments

Call Rottendog. They were very helpful diagnosing the problem after I described what I did to blow the 5V.

#2568 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Different strokes ...
One of the main things is most people don’t have access to good playing EM games. If you don’t know how good/fun they can be, you won’t want one.
If they came along to O-dins place in SoCal and spent a night playing multiplayer games on his tuned up collection, I guarantee that would open their eyes ... that’s where EMs shine, multiplayer games. Anyone can win - a real leveller.
And yep, I have 8. Unfortunately that’s all I have room for in my setup - I’ve had to sell about 6 I didn’t want to sell. Out of all my 126 pins, the 8 EM pins get more play on a daily basis than any other pins.
rd

Just picked up my first EM, Surfers , after playing a bunch at D&D pinball and at Pecos . If the game is well maintained, I agree, so much fun. I'm now much more interested in an EM than another SS.

Sorry I missed you rotordave in Tucson (by 1 day). I was on the East Coast visiting family, otherwise I would have been happy to have you and your family over for a meal and some pins.

#2569 5 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I have 4 friends that also have pin collections and they have zero and not looking for an EM at any price..

I've become a much better player after playing short flipper EMs.

#2587 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

will do...I have all other voltages except 5v....I need to see why it not getting 5v to power supply board. It s a new rottendog PS and all other test point voltages look good.[quoted image][quoted image]

I have a rottendog board in my White Water. I blew the DC to DC Converter and Switching Regulator Module.

Same issue. No 5V until replaced.

It looks like this:
5v.jpg5v.jpg

#2599 5 years ago

No 5V? Check your u191.

See my previous post.

PTR08060WVD
TEXAS INSTRUMENTS

pic soon.[quoted image][quoted image]

1 year later
#3209 3 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Parts - Wanted

WTB: plastic Coin Inlet Chute #27-1112

New!

Wanted! “Looking for a plastic Coin Inlet Chute, part #27-1112, the screws onto the inside of the coin door by each coin slot. This is for my Bad Cats, but it fits on other System 11's als...”

52 minutes ago

Jarrettsville, MD

Wanted

Alan_L

pm sent

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Stephenson, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 19.99
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement
Cabinet parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zene10.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club?tu=zene10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.