IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider supermatt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#736 9 years ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

I just assumed the sinking building version goes for some ungodly sum, but I haven't looked into it. Trying to convince my friend and pinball co-investor that Earthshaker is a better game than Whirlwind (though I do think Whirlwind is very good).

I have both, and although I love Earthshaker, Whirlwind is a far superior game. I may be putting my ES up for sale in Mass. soon. I'm kind of on the fence about it. It would be tough to let it go.

#741 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

I sometimes think it comes down to condition. My ES is somewhat of a beater (cab is alright, mainly the inserts in the playfield are blown out) and my WW is shiny and clean. If they were in equal condition I dunno what I would think.

Both of mine are in really nice condition but I think as far as game play goes, everything they tried to do on ES was brought to pure perfection on WW. Both are great games though.

3 weeks later
#786 9 years ago
Quoted from ahock13:

Whirlwind was the third in the Comet, Cyclone, Whirlwind trilogy, right? I have the Cyclone (my childhood favorite) and may try to collect the others ...

Hurricane was the third in the trilogy. Cyclone is the only Sys. 11 though.

#788 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Whirlwind is system 11b.

I know it is. I was saying among Comet, Cyclone, and Hurricane that Cyclone is the only system 11.

2 years later
#1650 7 years ago

Long overdue pic of my Sys.11's that I've been meaning to post for a while. I always keep coming back to these games as the most fun and enjoyable to play.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#1666 7 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-364
You are most likely going to have to disassemble that drop mech and clean it before it will work right. They get gummed up a little bit and drop slow. Very common.

I just did that tonight to my Marilyn drops as they were dropping very slowly. Also cleaned the optos because it was slow registering as well. They snap right down now.

1 year later
#2123 5 years ago
Quoted from Sk0r:

Solders done but the issue isn't fixed. It worked well for about 15-20 minutes then the fuse blew again. Upon taking a look at the coil, I noticed this brownish area. From your experience, could it be a sign of a damaged coil?

It could also be a faulty end of stroke switch causing the fuse to blow. I had the same problem on my Whirlwind and that's what was causing it. Haven't had a problem since replacing it.

4 years later
#4098 1 year ago
Quoted from slochar:I agree that Earthshaker needs a way to do something else after you collect the jackpot

People have always said this but it’s not entirely true. Yes, you can’t hit another jackpot but you can hit the jackpot shot unlimited to collect the quake trip for 250k points for each shot. Pretty much the same as Whirlwind except the value doesn’t increase by a million with each shot. You can also use the opportunity of being in multi ball to cycle as many balls up the center ramp to build up your miles to get to the end of the road bonus after which each center ramp shot is worth 200k points.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 23.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider supermatt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club?tu=supermatt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.