IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryguy80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3346 2 years ago

Have some leads on a Whirlwind (for me) and Police Force (for the wife, who is not much of a pinhead) to start my pin collection. Anything I should know about common to owning and working on System 11 machines, other than they are fun as hell to play?

#3353 2 years ago
Quoted from freakandgeek:

What do you think of the Top 10 System 11's listed here?
https://gameroomblog.com/system-11-pinball-machines/

I think High Speed is ranked too high on this list. While it was innovative, it's not particularly deep relative to other System 11s. Taxi is too low on their list. There's more to do in Taxi than High Speed, and it's flat out more fun to play. It should be at least #2 or #3. No issues with Whirlwind being #1. It's Pinside's top System 11 machine as well. Whirlwind vs. Taxi - While Whirlwind is deeper and has a terrific layout, there's something satisfying playing Taxi. It just makes you feel happy. It's fun!

I know Police Force isn't the most desirable title, with the unlimited millions center ramp and steal high score - I'm looking for one for the wife. If she doesn't end up liking it, I will swap it for a Taxi. Have room for two pins in an unfinished area of the basement, and one will eventually be a Whirlwind when the time comes.

#3370 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Clear coated playfield ..
[quoted image]
Meet completely rebuilt cabinet …
[quoted image]
I see more work in my future …
rd

Looking forward to the end result!

3 weeks later
#3402 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Road Kings is great fun.
I was actually thinking about this the other day … are Mark Ritchie SYS11 games better than Steve Ritchie? Blasphemous!
Mark: Road Kings, Taxi, Diner etc
Steve: F14, Bk2000, Rollergames
Food for thought!
rd

I feel Mark Ritchie is underrated. If I were to choose Taxi as my next game to bring home, all my machines would have been designed by Mark - SlugFest, Police Force, and Taxi.

4 months later
#3635 1 year ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Added another one. Not sure if I’ll like this game or not but got it as a semi working project on the cheap!
[quoted image]

Only played Fire! a couple times when it first came out and remember it for being really different from what I was accustomed to playing at the time. Not many locations seem to have Fire!, heck, I think I saw Millionaire more frequently. Perhaps I need more plays on Fire!, but don’t remember it being very memorable. At least no “just one more game” qualities.

1 year later
#4145 9 months ago

Pinball is one of things where everyone has a different opinion on a particular machine. You almost have to find the machine and play it to see if it suits your style. I mean Bugs Bunny is not well regarded in the rankings, but you'll find people who like it.

3 weeks later
#4215 9 months ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Whirlwind... probably my favorite System 11 game

Mine too. Waiting to get my hands on one. My grail game. Timing was just never right…when I was in the market during Covid, couldn’t find a machine. Now that I’m trying to save and put some money away after some bigger expenses over the last year or so, they pop up all the time now. Funny how it works…lol.

2 months later
#4292 6 months ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Id rank space station, then jokerz. Grand lizard doesn’t get a fair shake because I haven’t played it enough.

Same. I like Space Station more than Jokerz. Haven't played too much Grand Lizard, but wasn't blown away by it.

#4320 6 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I think police force is sort of underrated.

Agreed. I like how Taxi plays more, but Police Force is fun and quirky. While my high scores are from the center ramp and take high score, I'm not good enough to hit the ramp all day, so I do go for other scoring strategies like the Jackpot or spell P-O-L-I-C-E. I wouldn't consider myself a great player (my best in PF is a little over 17mil), so it's kind of my speed for trying to master different shots.

I actually got this machine for my wife since she likes the police/detective kind of shows, but she didn't really get into it other than the flashing lights topper. Probably will eventually swap Police Force for a Taxi, and then add a Whirlwind at some point since I only have room for two machines at the moment.

2 weeks later
#4378 5 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Honorable mention to Pinbot, which i think has the best sounds/music of all.
Space station too

The first thing that always comes to mind when Pinbot is mentioned is the audio. That bass!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryguy80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club?tu=ryguy80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.