IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jibmums.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2093 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

Back at my old condo. I have a house now and the games are in the basement soon to be joined by the other system 11 games I have. Will post pics of that when the gameroom is more setup:

Hey Brendan, congrats on the house! Kelly and I bought one last year also, finally enough room for my collection (and a few to come) in the basement.

4 months later
#2343 5 years ago

What are you guys using to restore the original look to your System 11 (and also WPC) backbox hinges? In this particular case, Earthshaker and T2? I can't quite tell what the original black should look like.....semigloss? semiflat? matte black? I was figuring on using Rustoleum semigloss spray.

4 weeks later
#2418 5 years ago

Looking for a diverter arm assembly for Riverboat Gambler..... or just the metal shaft..... or just the black arm. Whatever ya got.

large (resized).jpglarge (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#2463 5 years ago

I'm finding that the black drop targets (part #03-8749, the ones that have opto tabs) on games such as Earthshaker and Riverboat Gambler are prone to breaking right at the thin part on the very bottom where the reset plate pops them back up. The plastic they're made of is unaffected by SciGrip solvent, the one I use to repair ramps, so that's no use. Has anyone had luck with using crazy glue to fix these, or are they made of one of the plastics the CA glues don't work well with? Yes, I can buy new ones, just don't want to if I don't have to.

1 month later
#2494 5 years ago

Can anyone tell me what that tan Loctite-type stuff is that Williams used on all the threads on System 11 flipper assemblies? It looks and acts like a cross between Crazy Glue and mud, and it's on all the threads in the base, the bushing screws, coil stop screws, coil bracket screw, and EOS switch bracket screws.

#2499 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Wait till you try to take out the playfield posts from the T Nuts. Oooooooofffffff!!!
rd

That's actually never a problem anymore. Once I snapped a few when pulling them out of Earthshaker several years ago and started heating them with a soldering iron, they come out like butter. This hard crap on the flipper base threads is like a whole 'nother animal though.

2 years later
#3318 2 years ago

So I am/was getting two annoying sounds through my High Speed speakers. First one was a high-pitched electronic "whine", which would change in volume as the lamps turned on/off in attract mode. I tightened all the boards' screws in the backbox and that eliminated 98% of the whine noise, so problem essentially solved there.

Second noise is a low pitched "hum". It mostly disappears if I disconnect either J1 or J2 from the sound board (same change when I unplug either one). Power supply possibly causing this?

#3320 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Do you have the OEM Power supply?
I had the same hum and I put in an aftermarket power supply and 90% of the hum was gone. I have since rebuilt my OEM power supply caps but have not tried it to se if that may have fixed the problem.

Yes, original PS and original transformer. Thinking I need to either recap the PS or the sound board?

1 year later
#4399 5 months ago

While we're on the subject of hums..... on my System 11's I've noticed two distinct and different hums. One was more of a higher-pitched electronic "whine" in my High Speed, that grew louder/softer in relation to whatever was lighting up on the playfield. I tightened every screw holding the boards and that hum/whine was reduced to a very acceptable level, so problem solved.

The other, on Pinbot, is a hum that sounds something like an electric razor. It stays at the same volume during attract mode and gameplay. I've tightened all boards' screws and it didn't change the hum one bit. I had picked up a sound board cap kit but don't want to molest what looks like a brand new board unless necessary, since I don't know what the cause might be. Would I be better off capping the sound board or the power supply first? I see where owners have recapped boards and nothing changed. What's my next move here?

#4402 5 months ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Brand new board? Or a nice condition 35 year old board.

You should recap any and all 35 year old electrolytic caps where ever they are located.

How about some pics of the boards so we can see if the caps have been replace in the past.

They're all the original boards (serial # stickers match the machine) and have never had any work done to them. Not new, they just look like new, it's a fairly pristine machine. I've done a few cap kit installs on other Williams games and they've unfortunately never solved the problem.

Here are the sound board and power supply, only thing that looks iffy to me are C1 & C3 on power supply.

100_8579 (resized).JPG100_8579 (resized).JPG100_8581 (resized).JPG100_8581 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jibmums.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club?tu=jibmums and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.