IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jcar302.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 11 years ago

Only have high speed, but am always looking for cyclone and pinbot.

6 months later
#364 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Update on my HS...
I ended up sending the main board and sound board off to get repaired. One week and $60 later and I'm up and running!
That was just too easy.
I played it for an hour last night and I can say that the sounds and callouts do really help the experience.

Where did you get it back from in one week? I called all the usual suspects that people like and minimum was about 3-4 weeks wait, one of the even more popular guys said 8 weeks.

I landed up using my spare 11a in my cyclone and will send the original out to be repaired.

Tip102's and n24401's are kinda easy to replace with a little practice and understanding how to test them, now those U chips, i don't trust myself with, the traces are much thinner....

2 months later
#448 10 years ago

Going to ask what may be a stupid question at this point.

I've swapped boards around a little while one of my sys11 boards was being repaird.

Originally when i turned on high speed (with 11a board) it ran a check automatically and told me which switches need adjusting.
Now that i put all mpu's back where i had them, i can't figure out how to get it to do that anymore. I know i have errors from the diagnostic testing, but i liked when it told me on start up. I knew from gameplay some had to be out of adjustment.

Edit: after reading through my cyclone book, it says on 11b (which would be cyclone right?), big guns will do this after 120 balls without activating a switch (or something like that). I know for sure with the 11a that was in high speed it did the self check and it wasn't no where near 120 balls. I'm just confused.

8 years later
#3842 1 year ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

It's not JUST the rules or depth. There are so many other reasons most all new games are no longer appealing to own. I'm glad someone else sees it too. New games are basically all empty hearted shells of the former glory days/years of great pinball. 1980-82 and 1991-93. Show me a new game like the ones from those years that actually has a soul... TNA came close but still falls short for me on a couple sweet spots/reasons for owning. For me, the closest game to date that just MIGHT have a soul... is Maiden. Most everything else is unispired, overpriced, rushed, money grabbing, horseshit. We have officially moved into the "post covid scare" era of pinball where ANYTHING can sell to an unsuspecting fool for 10 grand or more. If it has a silver ball in it and an HD LCD screen, people want it and will pay whatever for it. Good game play or "code"? Ha, that doesn't even matter any more. Theme is WAY more important than gameplay or code because it gets the kids and wife to participate. Designers didn't care about those things in 80-82,91-93. Slap a theme on it and mail in the design. Oh well, more great games for me to buy from people that are dumping stuff to buy the new Stern Bond.

I find the newer games (sterns specifically) to all look and feel like the same game with a different theme. I do still want to own a mustang pin, but other than that one and maybe stern batman, i rarely have the desire to own anything newer than WPC.
The simpsons pinball party may have been my biggest let down, beautiful pin, great art and sounds, but damn i had no clue what i was doing after months of owning it.

2 weeks later
#3857 1 year ago

Pinch the contacts together with a pair of needle nose.
I've learned the hard way when contacts are bad they may never work again.
Chased my tail on a couple of switches on Game show only to find out after i wasted a lot of time the easiest solution was the actual solution.

Also change the diode making sure you put it back on the identical way.
You could clip one end and test it, but at that point you already have to resolder anyway.
They are a couple bucks for 100 of them.

#3860 1 year ago

If you don't know how to reset the high scores, make sure you know how to put it back on freeplay before resetting it. I rarely if ever delete the high scores, but i'm pretty sure there is a setting for it.

1 week later
#3901 1 year ago

If you are choosing a color, i'd say the wolfpac is the best choice.
If i'm remembering correctly, he told me that if i didn't like the green i chose (for milionaire), he could sell me the parts to change it to a different color.
I'm pretty good at soldering and it took me just over a couple hours to do the entire board.
They are a good way to save some money if it's a low budget machine or you think you are into a project too much.

#3909 1 year ago

Time consuming, but not difficult.
Not totally sure how many solder joints, but id guess 400 or more.

5 months later
#4141 9 months ago
Quoted from derfske:

thoughts about rollergames? seems like a decent game.. but the ratings ae not that high for its price.. someone is offering me one.. and i am thinking about it

If you can buy it right, it's like any other pin. Go ahead, enjoy it for a while and move on.
Personally i wouldn't pay up for it. I wouldn't even go to the low end of the pinside average.

#4147 9 months ago
Quoted from Ryguy80:

Pinball is one of things where everyone has a different opinion on a particular machine. You almost have to find the machine and play it to see if it suits your style. I mean Bugs Bunny is not well regarded in the rankings, but you'll find people who like it.

I have a prototype Bugs Bunny.
I like it, but my kids love it. Probably because somehow my 5 year old hit the jackpot in 2 different games propelling him to the #1 and #2 spots on the high score list.
It's a decent game, but the thing i like most are the art and the sounds. Very friendly game for non pinball players.

Derfske, the rankings are truly a disaster for all pins.
Any time you mix different generations of people and different era's (of anything), it's bound to get messy.
My biggest gripe is that when a new stern comes out people rank them up to the top. Personally i think 90% feel like exactly the same game with a different theme. What's worse is after 6 months on the market all these people that rated their games in the top 10 have it for sale. If it's so great why are you selling it already?

If you want to talk system 11, grand lizard is ahead of 100 games that are better than it (including roller games). How is that possible?
I could almost file it under the worst system 11 i've ever played.

#4149 9 months ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

To each their own. I really like Grand Lizard! I've only played it a few times, but it was a stand-out.

I don't think there is anything wrong with liking or preferring a game but here is the list of system 11's grand lizard beats according to the ratings:
Mousin
Space Station
Cyclone
Bad Cats
f14
Dr Dude
Fire
Jokerz
Big Guns
Police Force
Game show
Pool Sharks
Bugs Bunny
Millionaire
Road kings

I've had almost all of those and have had extensive access to all of them. It beats one or two on that list that's about it.
If you go back a few years nobody wanted grand lizard you would almost have to give it away.
Then i guess because of low production numbers it became a little bit of a trophy.
I'm not criticizing the fact that you enjoy it, but there is no way it's better than that entire list.

1 week later
#4193 9 months ago
Quoted from Lymes:Does anyone know where I can buy system 11 mirror blades? I’m looking for a set for my Whirlwind. Thanks!

You will likely need to buy and cut existing system 11 mirror blades. I traded my whirlwind a while back, but i'm pretty sure there is clearance issues in the top corners.
Really shouldn't be that big of a deal.

#4199 9 months ago

Before i even messed with anything else, i would remove the entire battery holder and install NVRam or a remote pack WITH a disconnect. Don't buy the kind without it, makes pulling boards a nightmare.

1 week later
#4216 9 months ago

I traded my whirlwind back to my friend that sold it to me.
Was a really fair deal when i bought it, a reasonable deal to give it back (typically we offer games back to each other).
But damn, out of all the pins i sold or traded, it may be the only one i wish i still had.

#4224 8 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah … it’s a continuous wire (not cut)
It’s inserted once then continues to another destination.
Sometimes they loop back to another connector.
If you look at your yellow GI wires on the interconnect board, you can see an example of that.
I’d send you a picture of my Jokerz but I’m nowhere near it for a week.
rd

Yup, i've had they are always a mess on the interconnect board.
I'd be curious on how you guys fix it when the wires are too burnt to pass through, besides it's hard to recommend using another IDC connector after the first one burnt up.
In the past i've soldered and heat shrunk the 2 wires (well two wires after it got destroyed by heat and split into two) into one single wire then crimped on a single lead.
That's what i have done, but i don't know the proper fix to avoid the IDC connector.

#4226 8 months ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Your first mistake is attempting to use IDC connectors. Pinball industry used them because they were fast to assemble and cheap, NOT because they were reliable. Absolute pieces of shit.
When two wires are present, jam both wires into each Trifurcon pin, crimp it, and just use a molex type connector https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CF15612

I've not tried to put two wires into one pin, i will next time, just didn't seem like they would fit.

#4229 8 months ago

Thanks, I do use a ratcheting crimper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jcar302.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club?tu=jcar302 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.