IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8136 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0915 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0911 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7900 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider completist.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1719 6 years ago

Sign me up!

When i first got back into pins i figured i'd just want DMD's. But it's the Sys 11's getting most of the plays in my house. So far:

Dr. Dude
F-14
Taxi
Pinbot
Earthshaker

I hope to add Whirlwind and Diner next. Never even played Diner but know i want one lol. Earthshaker is my next to restore. Got one off route with some wear on pf and a cab thats seen better days. But plays fast and 100% and is a tonne (yep a full metric tonne) of fun.

6 months later
#1872 6 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Sign me up!
When i first got back into pins i figured i'd just want DMD's. But it's the Sys 11's getting most of the plays in my house. So far:
Dr. Dude
F-14
Taxi
Pinbot
Earthshaker
I hope to add Whirlwind and Diner next. Never even played Diner but know i want one lol. Earthshaker is my next to restore. Got one off route with some wear on pf and a cab thats seen better days. But plays fast and 100% and is a tonne (yep a full metric tonne) of fun.

Well since posting this i acquired the two Sys 11's i was on the hunt for. Whirlwind was a 15hr round trip cross border. But i found a Diner 15mins from my house. Hard to beat that!

#1875 6 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Oh snap, I love close pickups.
So you met the guy with the demoliton man and leathal weapon? Did dm really go for 3900??

I actually met him before but didn't put that together until after i responded to kijiji ad. He has a good reputation as a seller and takes good care of his machines. Everything but LW was gone in 24hrs. I played the Junk Yard and it was in great shape. Not sure what the other pins went for but i didnt think Diner was going to last long and i never see them up here let alone that close.

#1881 6 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

That's awesome, close finds are hard to turn down, esp when its a rarer title.
A buddy and mine saw the ad for dm and the price and I was skeptical but he said the seller would get that...
Did any of them need any work?

I only took a close look at Diner and JY. But i think everything was plug n play. On Diner He had even done the GI connectors and threw on new legs as the originals were wrong.

Quoted from emkay:

Wow, when did DM become a nearly $4K pin? For that kind of money there are many I'd rather have...

We're talking Canadian pesos lol. But often pricing up here is USD at current exchange plus taxes - basically what you would have to pay if you went south to get it. Which is why i don't mind roadtripping it cross border.

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Since when is DM a System 11 game?

You are right it's not. Didn't mean to highjack the thread. Back to business here - DINER has landed

11 months later
#2479 5 years ago

Latest addition added today

My System 11 row is taking shape - now i just have to find a HS and a SOF to round out my top eleven 11’s.

AD7529B2-9B2E-4367-8ABE-9293AE6DC6AD (resized).jpegAD7529B2-9B2E-4367-8ABE-9293AE6DC6AD (resized).jpegEA1CF62C-8D25-4854-B9E8-FA7D185935F8 (resized).jpegEA1CF62C-8D25-4854-B9E8-FA7D185935F8 (resized).jpeg
#2482 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Then add another 19 and you’ll have all of them!
rd

That’s an awesome ambition. Going to be a grind that’s for sure!

2 weeks later
#2484 5 years ago

HS found and brought into the gameroom today. I really just wish i wasnt OCD about lining up based on order of release. I have to shift EVERY other sys 11 down 1 to make room for this

#2487 5 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

I dunno. I like order of release, but I'd also want to group like ES/WW and Taxi/Diner together.

That’s also a good method - which i had originally considered. I just like seeing the evolution of the machines, like when they changed cab designs, coin door styles etc.

#2493 5 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I am currently replacing the components for the +100 and -100 volts on the power supply board on my Dr. Dude. The display stopped working (F1 always blows) and I’ve been using the pinrepair site to guide me a bit and checked all the things they recommended to localize the issue. What puzzled me a bit is that they don’t mention replacing the 150 uF 160V electrolytic capacitors (C1 and C3) along with everything else. As I understand it, electrolytic capacitors have limited lifespan of around 20 years so replacement would seem to me to make sense. So my question is - is there a reason not to replace them?
The capacitors in my Dr. Dude are axial, but I have only been able to find radial ones so this is what I bought. My (admittedly limited) knowledge of capacitors tells me it makes absolutely no difference if they are radial or axial. Am I missing something?

I think its just good PM to replace all electroytics while you are in there. I bought all the caps in bulk from GPE - using his kit description as a reference. You can use radial - just will need to extend the lead to the right through hole (they have polarity).

2 months later
#2617 5 years ago

Why do I still want BBBB even with its reputation of being terrible? Is it really that bad? I’ve never seen one to play one. But i grew up with Bugs and the theme alone intrigues me...

5 months later
#2809 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

My Taxi was resetting with no pattern I was able to figure out. The only thing is it did it at times when coils were going off. Today it happened when I hit the ramp to start multiball. It rang the bell one time and reset as it kicked the ball out.
I opened the game and I had actually rebuilt the power supply about a year ago. I have a few games, so I don’t remember all the repairs I do. But, system 11 resets normally mean the power supply need to be rebuilt. Sooooooo, what do you do if you’ve already rebuilt it?

Check you voltages on the power supply test points and then see what you are getting for your +5V on the mpu. Really depends on what was rebuilt. You could still be generating low 5V and with enough resistance through the connectors could be enough to drop you below an acceptable threshold.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider completist.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club?tu=completist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.