IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sciddleybop1980.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1197 8 years ago

Here are mine. Gone but not forgotten are SOF, F14 and Earthshaker. I absolutely loved ES but in the end, the fact you couldn't relight the jackpot just took the edge off it. One had to go so I kept WW and let ES go. Would still have another one day though

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Taxi got the full treatment. New cpr pf and back glass, cab decals, ramps and pinled display.
Sorry, deleted all my phone pics with taxi on it, only have this one.

Here's my old line up

image.jpegimage.jpeg

System 11 games are simply the best. Great era of games

1 year later
#1790 6 years ago

Hi guys. Has anyone experienced symptoms like this on a sys 11? I'm in the throws of purchasing a Banzai Run and the seller has had issues tonight.

Hi Gaz

Banzai has a start up issue, I went to start packing it today and I had to turn it ON/OFF then ON again to get it to boot up. It did this when I first bought the machine back in January but went away after a couple of weeks and it's been tip top ever since. Behaviour wise it always boots up on the second switch ON and seems to stay like this for a while and has always played perfectly.

UPDATE: Went back into pin room just now after leaving it off for an hour and started up slightly differently and now flippers and kickouts are really sluggish.

Any suggestions much appreciated guys.

Thanks in advance
Gaz

#1792 6 years ago

I was going to swap out some boards with my Taxi. Are they compatible????

#1794 6 years ago

Yeah I though that too. To be fair, I'm more looking at swapping the mpu and power boards as they sound the likely culprits

#1796 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

No need. More times then not you will have 2 damaged boards.

Excuse my ignorance mate. Is that because if there's a fault off the board, it could damage the other board?

I could understand that if it was a short somewhere

Thesefaults seems to be power related, booting on second try and weak coils. Which leads me to believe failing components on the board itself.

But hey. What do I know!! That's why I'm posting here.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1799 6 years ago

Thanks. I appreciate the advice. Thing is, I've purchased the game and it's awaiting shipping. Currently in Scotland a very looooooong way from me. I'm trying to help the seller who has a taxi he can try and swap boards out with to see where the fault lies before it ships on Thursday. I'll pass all this on but not sure how competent he is with a DMM.

Thanks again

#1804 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

If were me, and there was no battery corrosion! I would still buy it. But I can fix board problems.

Haha. Yeah, I can to an extent!!! Like very basic!!
It's no biggie. He will pay for any repair just a ball ache to send off. I'd at least like to narrow it down to a board

#1806 6 years ago

Yes, it looks free from corrosion. I'll keep you posted. Thanks thus far

6 months later
#2045 6 years ago

Regarding your diner fault, it sounds like you have a bad diode somewhere. It will
Only manifest itself in conjunction with a 3rd switch activation which sounds like it’s causing a ghost switch activation, in this case the outhole switch. Try and recreate it in switch test by pressing the under ramp switch in conjunction with other switches to see which one ghosts the out hole (if that makes any sense whatsoever!)

#2055 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

That sounds like a nightmare. I'll get in there and test the diodes and see what I find.

You can narrow it down slightly by unplugging large banks of targets if that is an option (I think diner has at least one bank of drop targets doesn’t it?)

4 months later
#2259 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Whirlwind is randomly shooting out locked balls. This recently became my game, so I'm not super familiar with it. Any tips on this issue would be great. Thanks.

Fairly common mate. Check the lock and trough switches in switch test see how they’re behaving. I expect one of them will need a little tweak

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 279.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball

$ 109.00
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Machine - For Sale
Gulf Shores, AL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sciddleybop1980.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club?tu=Sciddleybop1980 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.