IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ranhorton.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 11 years ago

Another proud Whirlwind signing up.
(And ex cyclone clown)

1 month later
#129 11 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Sign me up. I have Whirlwind and Earthshaker.

We need to get you a Fire! so you can have the ultimate "Music" pin lineup of Earth, Wind and Fire!

2 weeks later
#166 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Wondering... Should there not be a club for system 3-9 games?
-mof

I've got a Sorcerer that would happily join.

#174 10 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

So I have a Grand Lizard. The upper left flipper sticks upright during gameplay occasionally. It'll stay that way unless I push the flipper button repeatedly. I've tried turning it manually and it does tend to stick if it rotates fully sometimes. So I don't think it's any electrical issue. Is that a spring issue? Does the coil need to replaced? Flipper rebuild? Any thoughts?
Thanks,

I'd check the coil sleeve to see if it's all gummed up.
Plus the spring. It could be wedging itself against the flipper plunger.
Also the coil stop to see if it's super beaten down and somehow "gripping" the bottom of the the flipper plunger.

#182 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I will be trying Vid1900's suggestions regarding replacing the flipper springs on System 11's. I bought a pack of 10 pairs to change 'em up on all my machines. Will report back the improvements. Will need to take videos of before and after. Got the parts, just need the time.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers
-mof

I followed vids tutorial when i did my whirlwind flipper rebuild.
The tutorial was perfect and the flippers are playing perfectly!

3 months later
#308 10 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

I have added Whirlwind to my earthshaker ! They work so well together !

Now you need a Fire! to put next to that whirlwind so you'll have Earth, Wind and Fire.

3 years later
#1722 6 years ago

Finally rejoined the club with a Mousin Around.

3 months later
#1793 6 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

I was going to swap out some boards with my Taxi. Are they compatible????

Chances are the interconnect board you want to swap in will not be compatible. Those are specific to each game. I learned that one the hard way.

1 year later
#2559 5 years ago

Is Atlantis considered system 11 or Bally 6803?
Or are they basically the same?

2 weeks later
#2619 5 years ago

If more people were able to get some time on Mousin I have a feeling it would get a lot more hype and appreciation. After whirlwind (that I wish I never sold!) Mousin is my favorite Sys 11.

11 months later
#2966 4 years ago
Quoted from Silvercoin:

Hey all. So I am re-joining the Sys 11 club, I have someone shopping a Jokerz for me.
What I'd like to know, is if there are truly any above 3K System 11 titles? I'm looking to grow my collection and have seen some what I would say wonky pricing. Now I know people can ask what they want, but I was wondering about your input?
Thanks!
Ps. I'm looking for a Police Force next.. my son is into Police/Fire cars/truck stuff!

I’ve owned a few system 11s (still have/love Mousin Around) and the only system 11s that probably deserve to be over 3k would be Banzai Run or gorgeously shopped-out/refurbished games like Whirlwind and Elvira. Maybe a couple of the “rare” system 11s that are in great shape like Transporter or Radical.
Just my thoughts.

#2968 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

They only ones I think are worth over $3k are BR and BC (only because it is hard to find) - Most System 11 games should be in the $1500-$2000 range depending on title. Would love to have them all but not paying $3k for MA or a freakin earthshaker

I think you are on the mark for the majority of system 11 games but condition is king and a true HUO system 11 (or one that has been reconditioned over the years with NOS parts) in amazing shape should fetch mid-to-high $2k in today’s market.

3 months later
#3083 3 years ago

Just posted this in the Mousin Around club but figured it may get more views/responses here:

Hey guys-
Just replaced all the original capacitors on my power supply board.
Started the game and it powered up fine. Went to test TP4 and got 0 volts instead of -12V
Tested TP1 and got 10V instead of 5V.
Tested TP3 and got 26V instead of 12V.
New capacitors I put in:
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=W12246-PEC-KIT
Thoughts? Is this correct volt readings since some of the capacitors are larger values than the originals.

#3085 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Volts don't matter on capacitors as long as UF matches and you are meeting the minimum volt amount. Did you install any backwards or in the wrong spots?

Ahhh. Good to know.
Thanks Chris!

And thankfully I didn't install any backwards as far as I can tell.
Spent a bit of time researching and learning about the polarity of capacitors and triple checked each before soldering them in.
Played a few games and it played fine.
Just confused as to why I'm getting such high readings (or no readings) on the different volt TP knobs.

#3087 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

What did you use as ground when taking the measurements? A bad connection in the backbox to ground could result in weird readings.

I used the TP2 GND, the braided ground wire as well as one of the power supply mounting screws.

I also noticed that the capacitor size that came in the Great Plains kit for C1 & C3 are larger uf values

C1, C3:
Original = Axial Electrolytic 150uF, 150 Volt
Kit = Axial Electrolytic 220uF, 160 Volt
GPE part number CEA-220uF-160V-RMD

#3090 3 years ago

After replacing all the power supply capacitors yesterday, I’m now just realizing I no longer hear the system 11 “bong” when I power up my game.
But the game still plays fine.

Thoughts?
Anything in particular to check?

#3091 3 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

After replacing all the power supply capacitors yesterday, I’m now just realizing I no longer hear the system 11 “bong” when I power up my game.
But the game still plays fine.
Thoughts?
Anything in particular to check?

Also noticed when I press the sound test button on the CPU I only get one test sound that says "JACKPOT"...not 2 sounds like the manual mentions.

2 years later
#3796 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Great work! All system 11's need a ball save feature. At least when I'm playing. LOL
Chris

I second this!
I used to be a fan of keeping games true to their original programming but a ball save option on Sys11 games would be very welcomed in my home! My Mousin Around plays brutally fast and drainy. Put Soren’s new code in my Mousin for the center ramp and love it!

1 year later
#4508 44 days ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

I'll probably try my first LED OCD in this, it does a lot of fading and want to see how the do in person.

I put an LED OCD in my Mousin Around and love it. Such a great “device.”

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.99
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 279.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Titusville, FL
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ranhorton.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club?tu=Ranhorton and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.