IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Platypus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1156 8 years ago

Sign me up!

Space Station is my first and only machine, got it for cleaning out a basement.

3 weeks later
#1164 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

I am looking for some decent instruction cards for my Diner !
can anyone recommend any ?

I found some at this site

http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/

He also has price cards and more

I printed mine on buff cardstock for an older look and laminated them before cutout I also made some different price cards (3 ball, 5 ball and free play)

2 weeks later
#1199 8 years ago

After tracing problems on my Space Station I am noticing several loos connectors on on my boards. I have read more than once on the advice of replacing old connectors.

I am a little confused by the selection of Molex connectors when looking at GPE site.

First off does my System 11b machine use mostly .156 KK style connectors?

like this? https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=86

RotorDave suggested a while back to order the ultimate molex kit from Pinball Life. That kit appears to be the punch down style IDC. Aren't the crimp ones much better. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1642

I am considering this crimper http://www.amazon.com/HT-225D-Cycle-Ratchet-Crimping-interchangeable/dp/B007JLN93S/ref=sr_1_1

Any other tips on what to order would be appreciated.

#1204 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I use the ultimate molex kit (push/hammer! style) and love them. Easy to use, they match the original factory ones, and will last forever in a home environment. The original ones have lasted 20-30 years in a commercial arcade!
rd

It makes sense to me that if they lasted 28 years so far, a new set will last another 20 or more in a home environment.

Do you actually hammer? I have a cat5 insertion tool, will that work for setting the wires?

I pulled my GI connector and it is a bit toasty. on the list for replacement along with some of the connectors feed ing the interconnect board feeding the insert .

The long connector on the top of the power board looks like it gets heavy use. Those wires are larger, do they fit the same connectors

#1217 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Agree 100%.
If you think about it, 16 hours a day (and 24 hours a day in truck stops around Europe) x 7 days a week = 112 hours a week
The Taxi pin came out in 1988. So that's 27 years old now, and the GI molex is toast. Let's just say it lasted half its life before it started deteriorating ... 13 years.
13 years x 112 hours a week = 75,700 hours of use before it started deteriorating.
If you turned on your Taxi a hour every day (I doubt many home pin owners would turn it on an hour a week..) and multiply that by 75,700 hours ....
Lots of assumptions there, but I think you should be pretty safe.
rd

Dave, to complete your calculation, If the machine is on 1 hour a day those connectors won't see 75,000 hours for over 200 years, I don't think I'll still be playing then

#1218 8 years ago

Thanks folks for the input on connectors. I like Swampfires attention to the most robust repairs possible. I considered doing crimps on the heavy use connectors, but having only one pin I don't want to stock too many different parts, my spares kit is all ready growing. I plan to just go with the IDC's

How often do you all end up replacing the male pin connectors on the board? Can they often just be reflowed with solder?

do you guys use contact cleaner on your connectors? I notice lots of the pins look oxidized. I bought a 5 ounce can of DeoxIT gold G5 on clearance at Radioshack for $8 yesterday

2 weeks later
#1290 8 years ago

I love the cabinet art on that Dr Dude! Makes me a little dizzy.

1 month later
#1337 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Hey Dudes,
Looking for some custom cards for the following Sys 11 machines.
Riverboat Gambler
Police Force
Radical
Bad Cats
Anyone have some they have done.

I don't know about these titles but several others can be found here
http://www.pinballcards.com

He has a Tomcat F14 and Whirlwind He may do others for a donation, He has at least one more request for Bad Cats

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballcardscom-custom-instruction-cards

1 month later
#1396 8 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Sign me up, just got my first pin a fire! Table I'm restoring a month ago. Hopefully adding a bk2k soon as well!

I grew up in Iowa City playing pinball in the 1970's, first at the student union and bowling alleys, then at the many bars, several had entire gamerooms with several machines.

Welcome to pinside, I would love to play your Fire sometime.

2 weeks later
#1414 8 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Ok folks, my friend and I are kind of stumped at this point on fixing my fire table and thought I'd throw this out there to see if anybody has an idea.
We have resoldered the wire to the left rescue lights and got the flashers and A side mechanicals working again. However, our C side (right side) mechanicals are not working at all - the bell, right up and down ramp, right ball lock kicker, etc. anything that is supposed to be on C side. Even more interestingly is that when the coil test is run, the A side will go in place of the C side, so for example, when running through the coil test, the Knocker will sound when it is supposed to, then instead of the bell ringing, the knocker will sound again. Weird. We replaced ALL of the fuses in the table, so we're kind of at a loss for what could be wrong. I believe that maybe we put a C side wire somewhere it shouldn't be which might explain the C side firing when the A side goes, or there's a short, or there's something else.
Any thoughts/comments/ideas/prayers would be helpful. I can post pics later if anybody needs.
Thank you!

Is your A-C relay making? I would be checking some of your transistors also in particular the one which controls the relay. follow the schematics.

2 years later
#2624 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I have a Space Station (11B) that has the lock on the side of the backbox. Unfortunately I do not have the key for the backbox. Is drilling it out okay to do? I'm just concerned that it could somehow cause some damage inside the backbox.

If you have the key # someone might be able to gift you one. If you are to drill it out you might just drill the pins with a small bit. I have never done that but think it would do less damage to other parts. I had only one key for mine and have since replaced the locks to use the same keys

#2626 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Is there some way to find out the key number?

It is often printed on the lock

4 years later
#4389 5 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

PS battery box location won’t affect sound. You have some sort of RF interference happening.
rd

Or a bad ground with the board mounting screws

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,490.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 12.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bartlett, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Platypus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club?tu=Platypus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.