IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin-Pilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2863 4 years ago

Looks great, Nice Game Room!

1 month later
#2882 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

This has been discussed elsewhere and it seems that the center self-latching switch is the one that's hard to come by. I took a look at Digikey, but I don't know enough about switch terminology to reasonably narrow down their 170,000 push button switch choices.

DigiKey sure has a TON of stuff! Hard to find what you want for sure! Filters are your friend lol

I believe the ON-ON DPDT are the latching switches. https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/c-k/F2UEE/401-1223-ND/417517

I would give them a call to be safe.

2 weeks later
#2914 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

He knows, he’s been to my place.
You’re overdue for your next visit, chriss !
Talking of visiting NZ - everyone is welcome at the next World System 11 Championship - March 8, 2020, at my place.
Now officially the worlds 35th largest pinball tournament!
Qualify on 12 Classic Sys11 titles ... and play the other 18 in my arcade! All 30 baby! Booom!
All the tournament games have tournament roms with fixed jackpots. Just outfitted Pool Sharks with Søren’s new roms and sorted a few bugs for him. It’s awesome!
See you all there!
rd
[quoted image]

#pool-sharks - Fun pin. I have one and you do not see a lot of them any more.

1 week later
#2954 4 years ago
Quoted from onlydjz:

When you want to fix the battery holder with a nice fitting/bolt or whatever...lol
[quoted image]

Fix one problem... Create another problem... Whoa

2 weeks later
#2976 4 years ago
Quoted from Barr993:

Just joined the System 11 club with a project Taxi. Took a little to get working but new playing well except for a shorted knocker coil.
One question: there are no flipper switch capacitors or flipper capacitors. There should be right?

Yes, there should be capacitors. (see attachment)

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 7.59.33 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-01-10 at 7.59.33 PM (resized).png
6 months later
#3151 3 years ago
Quoted from Phesson:

I have cleaned the assembly, bent the feeder assembly multiple times and it never gets better.
I have straightened it again and shot a slo-mo video. The ball shoots out, hits the ball gate and back into the scoop 8 out of 10 times.
Is it the angle of the worn playfield?
Any thoughts?

I would definitely replace the eject shield first. In the slow motion the ball is ejected into the side of the exit then bounces around. Can you make any adjustments?

11 months later
#3273 2 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Hoping someone can help me sort out this power supply setup too. I no longer have any SYS 11 machines of my own and my old pics aren’t showing this either. Figured this is the best place to ask before starting a new thread.
There’s this push on push off power button. Than it looks like they took the actual power switch and moved it to the power box. It’s almost like this box is for an early WPC power box.
I’d like to sort it out and make it right if possible. Otherwise I’ll just finish up installing the new power cord and call it done.
The pilgrim hat was broken so perhaps the cord was ripped out and messed up the power box so an early WPC was used.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting modification there. Definitely looks like a WPC power box. Not sure how the 2nd switch is wired in or why. The system 11 should just have a power box with the filter and fuse but no switch. Also missing is the Thermistor Between the Fuse and the line. See pic below.

Power_box (resized).JPGPower_box (resized).JPG

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 months later
#3289 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Looks like I’ll be joining the system 11 club soon. I have a good lead on a Taxi. Is there anything in particular I should be on the lookout for when I check this game out?
Thanks in advance

There are posts referencing this on the TAXI club thread. You should be able to find a lot of info there.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-club-members-only

#3293 2 years ago

#high-speed and that era games are the best.

#3299 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Sorta embarrassed to admit I have 34 System 11s at the moment. Lol
All the 30 made … plus extra Taxi, Whirlwind, Rollergames and Pool Sharks.
When you have a Radical in your lounge, you know there’s a problem. Lol
rd[quoted image]

I've got a Pool Sharks. Don't see a lot of them. Was one of my first games I bought.

2 weeks later
#3313 2 years ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

I am just finishing up a full restore of a FunHouse and I had to replace a flasher transistor and when I was working on the board I noticed this part had blackened the board and when I turned it on it was very hot; too hot to touch. However, everything is working. Firstly, what is this, I can't seem to find it in the schematics because there is not clear label on the board? Also the two grey cubes next to it also have some discoloration and are warm but not hot. These are BR2 and BR3 which I think are bridge rectifiers?
I see it has a large heat sink so maybe they are just supposed to be this hot? I feel like I should replace them and maybe the bridge rectifiers as well but there maybe some other logic that is driving why they are so warm.
Thanks in advance for any help.
It is the circular part with the purple heat sink in the picture.[quoted image]

Hard to tell in the Pic but the top Capacitor C11 looks like it might be bulging. If that is the case you definitely want to replace it.

#3315 2 years ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

Thanks for the keen check but I think it was just a flash artifact. I just pulled the glass and they are both perfectly flat. No bulging.

Hard to tell from the pic, must have been light illusion

3 weeks later
#3319 2 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

So I am/was getting two annoying sounds through my High Speed speakers. First one was a high-pitched electronic "whine", which would change in volume as the lamps turned on/off in attract mode. I tightened all the boards' screws in the backbox and that eliminated 98% of the whine noise, so problem essentially solved there.
Second noise is a low pitched "hum". It mostly disappears if I disconnect either J1 or J2 from the sound board (same change when I unplug either one). Power supply possibly causing this?

Do you have the OEM Power supply?

I had the same hum and I put in an aftermarket power supply and 90% of the hum was gone. I have since rebuilt my OEM power supply caps but have not tried it to se if that may have fixed the problem.

#3322 2 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Yes, original PS and original transformer. Thinking I need to either recap the PS or the sound board?

Always a good idea to recap the PS if it has never been done. Wether that fixes the problem I am not sure.

One more thing to check is the volume rheostat. If it has a bad ground I have heard that can cause a hum as well.

#3328 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Happiness is a shiny SYS11 transformer.
AKA “I spent hours doing this and nobody will ever see it”. Lol
rd[quoted image]

There is something about a sharp looking Transformer. The heartbeat of the system.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (OBO)
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 109.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin-Pilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club?tu=Pin-Pilot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.