IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MustangPaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#223 10 years ago

Sign me up! Just bought a HS, should be here in a week or so. Never played the game but what sold me was a video, with great sound, of the game play. Ball action was great, call outs were great and the light show was fantastic. So much to love about this game, can't wait to get and play.

#225 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Just to help motivate anyone still "thinking" about upgrading their system 11 flipper springs...
Can you tell which one has been cleaned and has shiny new parts?
They even *sound* much better -- you hear that hard *CLACK* sound on every strike -- instead of a slow murky "splurghfffff" sound with every spring contraction (gross).
Thanks Vid1900!
-mof
OLD sys11 flipper (slow) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - NEW sys11 flipper with much faster play (fast)

Can you buy the whole assembly new or do you have to rebuild the old one? Thanks

#230 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Here is my SYS11 lineup...
Poor iPad cam, but you get the idea...

Nice! But which one (in your opinion) is the best. I know you love them all but which one could you not live without.

#232 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

From what I've read in the vid1900 thread Terry at Pinball Life will assemble an entire assembly for you for ~$36. I've found that re-using the brackets and coils is fine, so I saved a little $ since I was planning to do 10+ sets of flippers.
-mof

$72 for both...I could live with that. My High Speed comes Monday so I'll see how the flippers are. Thanks mof.

#234 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

EATPM is the best game. Next, is Radical. I have a special connection to Time Machine, and I'd probably sell both Elvira and Radical before TM....
F14 is fun, but as soon as I find a Diner I can afford, it's GONE!!!!

I have room for one more and I really like EATPM but a little low on $$$ after buying HS.

#238 10 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

I posted this in another thread as well but I thought here might be a good spot since we all have the one thing in common.
2 issues with my Grand Lizard.
#1 Left kicker kicks... but doesn't register a score. It gives an switch error 43 although I can't seem to find any physical faults with the 3 switches when I examine them. They're reasonably straight. Is there a way for a guy who isn't the best technically to test these switches with a multimeter to find out if a switch is wrecked? I may also try removing the old solder and re-soldering all the contacts.
#2 I'm missing some SFX. Music is all good... some sounds play... but stuff like the Lizard (roar? Didn't know lizards roared) and the monkey sounds in the background don't play. Tried re-seating the rom chips and the cables... nothing.
Got the Liz almost 100%... just need your help a little longer!
Looking for a decal if someone has one to repair the playfield wear up top. Has anyone ever made one?
Thx,

Sorry, can't help with any of those. I'm green at all this too.

#239 10 years ago

Hey Club 11 members, my High Speed came today and I was dismayed that they didn't even change the rubbers, they need replacing BAD. There has been some talk on PS about rubbers not being what they used to be so the question I have is, who makes a good kit for my HS and what kind of luck have you had with the quality of the rubber. Thanks guys.

#242 10 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

I might have an EATPM for sale once I get my Funhouse back together. I only have room for 4 pins and once FH is done EATPM will probably have to go.

Keep me informed, who knows what the future holds.

#243 10 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

I would say just look in your manual, should have a list of what rubbers you need and order from pinball life. No need to pay a premium for someone to do it for you, very cheap and easy to do yourself.

Good point, thanks

#247 10 years ago
Quoted from onceler:

Sign me up! Just acquired my first pin tonight; a BK2K.

Welcome to the Club...and your first pin too. Is it in good shape?

#248 10 years ago
Quoted from dukejules:

After sneaking around here for a while, it's about time my first post!
Got a Diner, Dr. Dude, Whirlwind, Earthshaker and I'm planning to buy a nice F14-Tomcat!
Sign me up, please! Sys11's games are the best!

WOW! Your in PB big time. Nice to see you here.

#250 10 years ago

Sounds like a winner. Gonna LED it? That really saves the power supply and the home electric useage bill.

#254 10 years ago
Quoted from onceler:

Yup, just picked up a Cointaker kit today. I'll probably start by just replacing a few bulbs that are out until I get the hang of it. I also picked up new rubbers, fuses & a remote battery holder. It also doesn't hurt being about 30 minutes away from Pinball Life.
I'd like to find another system 11 machine in fair condition that I can restore, but more importantly learn on.

Good for you. Now your fun is starting. Just make sure you have a magnetic nut driver for changing the insert bulbs, makes life A LOT easier.

#265 10 years ago

Nice vid. They made 27,000? You just don't see these come up for sale. They must be real keepers. Yours looks great.

#267 10 years ago

Your Banzai looks great too. The art on System 11 games is fantastic.

#272 10 years ago

Hey guys, I put a question up in Tech called System 11 Question and I'd really like to hear from a High Speed owner about my question. Can ya help me out? Thanks.

1 month later
#278 10 years ago

I can't find the assembly's for my HS at PBL. They have every thing but.

#280 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I can't speak to HS, but for GL, which is also 1986 -- I had to grab 2 flipper brackets with the cap bracket on there, since GL's brackets didn't have 'em. From there, add parts as needed. So if HS is like GL, that might be why you wouldn't get an all-in-one -- not sure if that was your goal.
-mof

All in one was my goal.

#285 10 years ago

Thanks Jeff and mof. Now you've got me wondering what's the dif. btw the stock rebuild kit and the changing over to the Fliptronics set up.

#288 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Here's the complete set of links to UPGRADE your flippers to WPC Fliptronics-era flippers. (note: If you have a system 11A or earlier, you will likely be missing the capacitor bracket in your flipper bracket assembly, and you'll need new brackets as well (#6.)
1) these are required x1 ($21.50)
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=983&parent=172
2) these are required x2 ($0.85)
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=270&parent=60
3) these are required x2 (2x$2.50)
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=262&parent=0
4) you "MAY" need these depending on which coil brackets you have x2 (2x $1.50)
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=368
5) you "MAY" need these depending on whether your old ones are reusable/missing x2 (2x $1.30)
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=276
6) you "MAY" need these depending on whether you have the capacitor brackets built into your flipper assembly brackets. Get L and R, one each. 2x ($9.25)
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=259
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=260
Total Min cost:
$28.20
Total Max cost:
$43.05
OR, you can have an entire kit sent out $40: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=172
Hope that helps!
-mof

Thanks mof, I've got enough projects going so I would get the entire assembly, with 3 flippers to do and only $40 each it would save me alot of time. Three question though, which game, which coil and which stop?

#290 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Ya basically, look at your JM machine's flippers. Your other three games can feel that good.
-mof

So your saying the JM assembly's will work in my HS? I'm talking about replacing the 3 flippers in my HS not 3 other games.

#294 10 years ago

Wish I could help. Replacing the sound board sounds like a good idea. How much are they? I have HS also and am watching how you fix your problem, it could happen to me someday. I'm rootin you on.

#296 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I just completed my first ever total shop job. Got everything reinstalled this morning. Except for the wear spots, every thing is look SOOO much better!. I installed LEDs in the backbox and on the playfield. Hopefully will be able to get the insert LEDs installed tonight.
After that, I'll only be lacking the sound/callouts and the police light to fix. Thanks for your encouragement.

Your way ahead of me, re-stenciling the front of mine and what a PAIN! I have a feeling it's going to turn out looking like crap.

#300 10 years ago

I know that trying to do some major cabinet work is above my skill level. I'm taking baby steps and so far I've learned a few things in the process which has been fun. 6 months ago I never thought I'd be changing out caps on a power board, but I've done it now and it actually fixed something.
I guess worst case scenario for me is that I have a working game which is missing the sounds and voice and the beacon light. I guess those can be addressed at some point in the future if I cannot figure out a fix.

Wood working is really simple, getting it ready for the stencil is easy, it's using the brand of stencils I'm using is what sucks, no registration marks to go by, the application paper is WAY to sticky, there is NO overlaping of the colors like on the original games so the registration has to be PERFECT and to top it off when they numbered the stencils for order of application they got the order numbers wrong, which I caught.

Have you thought about sending your sound board in and have someone troubleshoot it?

2 weeks later
#319 10 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Sign me up! Love my System 11's and will probably end up with more. I currently have WW, EATPM, and recently picked up a project BK2K. Can't wait to get the BK2K up and running!

I'm looking for a EATPM. Great S 11 line up.

#322 10 years ago

My HS is still in the garage, restenciling the coin door side and it's turning out like crap!!! These stencil kits are for the birds and it needs to be torn down and cleaned. TO MANY PROJECTS

3 weeks later
#331 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Joined the club, picked up a really routed EATPM, working on nursing it back to health. Playfield wear is really bad, and right over Elvira between the flippers too, gonna be a project to touch it up. Had mylar over the damage, pulled it yesterday without any paint coming up, so that's a good start.
Rebuilt the flippers to WPC style (with proper segmented bats), have a new LED display to put in for the outgassing plasma, picked up the CPR plastics, new chrome for the speaker panel, and if the playfield goes well and I don't screw myself on this project I'll get decals and redo the cabinet, it's shot. Oh, got the ramp cliffys too.
The CPR playfield might be a couple years out, so no point in waiting at this point, if I hold onto it until then I might swap it though.
You know you're having a good time when you have to order from Marco, Bay Area Amusements, Pinball Life, and MAD all at the same time because nobody stocks everything you need.

No THAT'S a project. It's great your bringing another girl back to life.

#332 10 years ago

I'm getting another S11, Space Station.

#334 10 years ago

The pic of her is going to really be a pain but the green on the apron looks nice. Suggestion, use a black light to see what lights up as you go, it's mostly the green...but I imagine you know this all ready. Where would you find that green anyway?

#338 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've ordered some fluorescent green along with my normal opaque colors, I'll see if I can get anything close to it.
If I had a good scan of Elvira I could maybe make a waterslide decal of just the blacks, and paint the colors in, I dunno.

Sounds like some good ideas. I've only seen the fluoresent paint in latex. Have to do some more looking. For the apron I'd think you'd need an enamel. I'd really like to get my apron done in high quality and cleared smooth as a babies butt.

#340 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Got the green paint in today, will mess with how it matches soon. I really should start a thread, I'll work on it. Got an original idea for the monster slide plastic to share too.

Is it latex? I'll be following your thread, you got some great ideas.

#342 10 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

She's worth putting the time and money into. I put almost 2 months into mine, and she came out very nice..

What did you do to her?

#344 10 years ago

Bummer. How many coats did ya put on?

#346 10 years ago

Back to square one then. Has to be enamel on the stock one don't ya think. Where would ya go to find out this stuff?

#348 10 years ago

That is VERY good reading, sounds like a lot of trial and error. Make sure you take REAL close shots before and after. Looking forward to them.

#350 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Honestly I'm probably gonna just not worry about it, the goal is simply to get this playfield livable for a while so I can wait out the CPR repro.

Hopefully not a long wait. I'd probably get one for wall art, got a NOS LOTR and a very nice Spiderman so far.

1 week later
#358 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Since I've last come here to the SYS11 meeting I've:
Lost a F14,
Added a Mousin' Around
Added a Diner (which I still need to pick up).

Winter projects? I just got a Space Station, those slings are the fastest I've ever seen, you can't even see the ball when they get going.

#359 10 years ago

Pinballcenter.eu has color transparent pop bumper bodies and skirts for Williams games. The whole assembly would light up not just the caps.

#362 10 years ago

Update on my HS...
I ended up sending the main board and sound board off to get repaired. One week and $60 later and I'm up and running!
That was just too easy.
I played it for an hour last night and I can say that the sounds and callouts do really help the experience.

I don't have the time or the need to learn a new skill like board repair so I'm with you.

#363 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Not project machines. Both ready to go.. The Mousin Around is about the best non restored sample I've ever seen, and the Diner looks great in the photos.. Just have to pick It up now...
That Mousin Around has slings like that... They're powerful nasty!

With the ball flying around like that it's a wonder something doesn't get broken.

#368 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I suck and still haven't started a thread like people told me to, but I've got the first coat of clear coat on Elvira sanded down with 600 grit and am getting ready to start touch up paints and decals.
I'm thinking of taking my waterslide paper out to Kinkos to see if they can laser print the big Elvira in color. If that comes out okay I'd mask her off on the playfield with frisket, airbrush her flat white, and then lay down the color decal right over that. I've never used waterslides, I have no idea if that will really work, but on paper it sounds like the best shot at restoring all her little details.

Sounds tricky.

#369 10 years ago
Quoted from sys11fan:

Sign me up!
Can`t believe I just found this

How long you had yours? In good shape I hope.

#371 10 years ago

I didn't notice you had so many pins, I thought you only had one System 11 .

1 month later
#384 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Elvira is rising from the dead. Sneak peek before/after:

image.jpg 2 MB

image-896.jpg 2 MB

What a difference. Great job!

#385 10 years ago
Quoted from 1969nam:

Sign Me Up......I just purchased my 1st pinball......High Speed. I really enjoy the game.

Welcome and good choice.

#387 10 years ago

Diner....nice. You got all 22 pins in one room?

#390 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thanks, I was pretty pleased with how well I was able to match the purple, it's a tricky color. It's not a crazy HEP restore, but it's going to feel really good when it's done I think. Gotta order decals, this cabinet is ROUGH.

image.jpg 2 MB

I'll say it is. Be careful with the new decals, the ink is thin and you can rub it right off.

#393 10 years ago
Quoted from jkroeck25:

Sign me up. I got into pinball during the system 11 years and they will always be favorites.
Have: F14, Rollergames and Police Force
Had: High Speed and Road Kings

I just got my F-14 last weekend. It's a MONSTER!

#396 10 years ago
Quoted from haffie96:

Sign me up! Defenitely the best pinball machines came out around that time. I have a Whirlwind and a Police Force now, had a High Speed in the past and getting a Rollergames next month! cant wait

2013-09-08 21.36.54.jpg 2 MB

Nice S11 line-up.

1 week later
#398 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I can now officially join the club, picked up a High Speed in nice shape.

To be a real member ya got to get the club T-shirt and wear it every time you play it.

1 week later
#405 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Almost back in the functional part of the club again. Just need to track down an electrical problem that's killed all the coils. Put the last parts back on today. Cab decals are shipping.

image.jpg 2 MB

I just bought some flourecent transparent green star posts for mine, gonna see how that looks under black light. It killed ALL your coils as in they are all shot now?

#406 10 years ago
Quoted from Frankenator:

got me a pretty beat up players WW couldn't wait or pay for a nicer one so saved me some cash and bought a project pin. yes that's a run on sentence with the only capital letters where it matters. loving it even in its sad condition looking forward to the refurb glad to be in this club now

Welcome to the club. Sounds like your havin fun.

#407 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Was cruisin E-Bay and found a nice pink Cadillac. Fits right in and matches the ES car.

car.jpg 673 KB

ES---F-14.jpg 861 KB

ES2.jpg 869 KB

That looks pretty cool. Now ya gotta make the head lights work.

#410 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Loose connector!
I just put those same green posts on my Scared Stiff. You can't see in my EATPM picture above, but I put the fluorescent orange ones on it. I'll take better photos in a bit.

So you really didn't kill them. Cool, do they light up good?

#412 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i'm in... a Bad Cats now lives in my gameroom... as a hardcore em guy, i never thought i'd see the day i owned a ss machine, but i gotta admit, this thing is a boatload of fun...

image-663.jpg 801 KB

Welcome. Looks to be in nice shape.

#416 10 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Hey System 11 fans!
I created a thread a week back or so that didn't get any replies -
I put LED flashers in Taxi , Rollergames and Whirlwind, but a few of them 'ghost' when you press the flippers.
Upon researching this it is because of warming resistors, and a few people have noted that you could cut them... however it seems on these games the resistors are not under the playfield they are on the interconnect board.
I clipped a few on the interconnect board on Taxi , but since it no longer 'completes the circuit?' the flasher no longer works at all. So I soldered them back, and everything is back to normal.
Should I remove the resistor completely and just place a wire to jump it in it's place? Does anyone have any experience doing this with these titles, or is there another option, I read somewhere about adding a capacitor. I really don't want to mutilate the board, would rather add then remove.
Thanks guys!

WOW. That didn't happen to me when I did my Space Shuttle. I just clipped one wire on each one and it worked perfectly.

#420 10 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

perhaps I clipped the wrong ones? I'm not sure there is probably 8 or 10 of them in a row on the interconnect board. Does Space Shuttle have the single resistors under the playfield?

Yes it does, here's a pic.

IMGA0349.JPGIMGA0349.JPG
#439 10 years ago

Get that girl a chair, can't start um to young.

2 weeks later
#443 10 years ago
Quoted from Silvercoin:

Added System 11 pin #4!!
EARTHSHAKER!!!!

013.JPG 323 KB

Looks like it's in nice shape. Does it have the sinking building?

#445 10 years ago
Quoted from Silvercoin:

it does not, woulda been cool. Still way fun the way it is!

If I had more room that's one I'd love to get.

#452 10 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

So it is with great sadness that I announce I must relinquish my seat in the Sys 11 club.
I sold my Grand Lizard yesterday. I am currently pinless. Will be picking up a Data East Star Wars tomorrow which is blasphemy for you dedicated SYS 11'ers. I hope to one day be re-accepted in to your fraternity once again.
Cheers gentlemen.

At least your not giving up pins altogether. See ya back here.

#453 10 years ago

Welcome Andy. I may be selling my F14 tomorrow, hate to see it go but I got a few to many pins and that one gets played the least. Nice example too.

1 week later
#460 10 years ago
Quoted from Grauwulf:

Sign me up!
Currently only own one Sys11 machine, High Speed, but it's the third one I've had.
I've played 19 of the 30 SYS11 machines though.

3rd one?

#462 10 years ago
Quoted from Grauwulf:

Yep. I had 2 at once years ago, one was supposed to be a parts machine but was just too nice to part out, so I tracked down the missing parts and repaired the boards. Sold them both to finance other machines and then regretted it. #3 is going to get a new CPR reproduction playfield and will not be leaving my collection this time.

Sweet. I have one but it needs some attention but the pf is in nice shape for a HS. That's one game that should be minted out and it sounds like yours is going to get that treatment. Start a thread about your rebuild, lots of HS owners would love to follow it. We would be soooo jealous seeing the new pf go in it.

#464 10 years ago
Quoted from Grauwulf:

Just picked up HS#4 last night. lol
I'm addicted. Sadly this one is only going to be a parts machine, there's way too many parts missing, but I will make one really nice machine out of two.

That's great, you addict you.

#470 10 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Both, fades out and just goes out altogether. Weird how when I touch the knob and turn it the sound comes back. I was told to follow the wires from the volume knob all the way to the board in the backbox, pull the plug and reseat it. Is that the volume pot? If it is what do you use to clean it? Thanks

Contact cleaner. If I'm not mistaken there is a coil of copper wires wound in a 270 degree circle and when you turn the knob a copper contact slides over the coiled wires. Hope I described it right. If you saw a picture you would understand better. It's very simple.

#472 10 years ago

Yes the pot on the side inside the cab, my HS is jammed together with some other pins and I can't get at it to see if the cover for the pot comes off. If it's like my Space Shuttle it's a sealed reastat type and you can't clean it. If you have the manual it might tell you what type it is. Don't know if RS would have the type you need, pins are made using industrial grade parts because of the heavy use they get. A new one probably would be the way to go but where to get is beyond me. Give Marco a shot or one of the other suppliers.

#491 10 years ago
Quoted from kguenther6:

Thought I would share an interesting fix to a problem I was having with my F14 Tomcat. After the 3 balls would be captured the game would release one after a little bit before it was supposed to. It was usually the middle one but not always. It could happen to any of the 3 captured balls. And the game wouldn't realize there were multiple balls going after releasing one. So when one ball was lost it would think the ball was over even though I had another ball going. After replacing many parts I finally replaced the resistor/capacitor network at SRC6 and that fixed the issue. I figured it was a switch matrix problem but it was a bear figuring out exactly what the problem was. The SRC6 can't be tested in network so it wasn't easy to find. Hope this might help someone else that may run into the same issue.

At least your were able the figure it out, I would have been COMPLETELY lost.

2 months later
#530 10 years ago

A lot of people are finding the joy of S11 games which goes to prove you don't have to spend 8-9k to have fun in this hobby.

2 weeks later
#540 10 years ago
Quoted from tcore:

Sign me up!
I love System 11 games.
I currently only have 3 games in my collection, but one of them is a Whirlwind and I'm looking to add more System 11 games in the future. I love Earthshaker, Taxi, Pin-Bot, Cyclone, etc.

Nice...I hope ya got room.

3 weeks later
#545 10 years ago

Added some LEDs to the Pink Cadillac mod on my Earthshaker tonight. Looking good for sunny drive time!

caddie.jpg 91 KB

That' cool.

1 month later
#550 9 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Isn't that Bally? who cares your in! welcome!

Hey....who made you boss.

#552 9 years ago

Well...for the right amount of $$$ I could look the other way...this time. I heard your a nice guy.

#555 9 years ago
Quoted from SPeD66:

I'm most definitely still in the club with 5, but I had to say goodbye to High Speed a few days ago.
It went to a good home though & I have successfully infected a rookie pin owner.

You virus you, good show.

#558 9 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I am in. Whirlwind.

Great choice. What took ya so long.

#560 9 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You have one of the best System 11b pinballs made. EATPM.

"What you talkin bout Wilson" She IS the best S 11b made. and she's mint too.

#563 9 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Banzai Run and Whirlwind are just as good.

Demms is fight'n words.

4 weeks later
#570 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

If given the choice , would you go with original style sys 11 legs (short stiffening rib ) or the newer style WMS legs (long rib ) ?

image-459.jpg 8 KB

Doesn't make any diff. to me.

#576 9 years ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Sign me up!
FIRE!

FIRE!!! Quick pull the Fire Alarm. Nice score.

3 weeks later
#586 9 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

I love System 11 games! They are a great combination of easy to learn rules, but good amount of challenge.
Currently I have a Pinbot and a Whirlwind that is coming together. I didn't get a CPR playfield so I'm touching this one up. I did get a new set of CPR plastics, however. The cabinet's almost ready for repainting and then decals.
In the past I've also had a Rollergames and a Taxi.
When I was at the VFW show and looked at a lot of them all lined up, it was funny to see how similar a lot of them are. Some kind of spinning ramp skill shot, a couple of ramps, 5 main objects to get jackpot lit, and a progressive jackpot. There is variety in the System 11 lineup too.

What a collection that would make, a complete, mint System 11 collection....I wonder if it exists.

1 week later
#597 9 years ago
Quoted from abaxas:

Sorry all but I have sinned and bought a WPC game....Luckily it's a BOP, so I still maintain a 100% alphanumeric line up.

Hope yours is in good shape. I've got one too and love it.

4 weeks later
#599 9 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

I bought Jokerz! without ever playing that title, or seeing it played, so I could the wife and kid hooked on pinball.

You devil you....good show.

#602 9 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Sign me up!

image-180.jpg 224 KB

I have STPro, Space Station and BoP also. You have good taste sir.

#604 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Don't think I ever officially joined the club... Have High Speed, BOP, EAPTM and F-14.

Nice ramp on the Space Station!!!

Well your in now. Yeah I was wondering where he got that cool custom blue ramp on Space Station. I looks swwwwwweat

#611 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Almost ....

image.jpg 91 KB

image-435.jpg 83 KB

Well....what's takin ya so long.

#615 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Only taken 20 years so far ... So what's another year or two?
Some pins are made of "Unobtainium" here in NZ so I need to import them.
I have 26 of the thirty made.
Still need 4 to get the whole collection.
Bad Cats
PINBOT
Road Kings
Millionaire
I had a nice Millionaire lined up in Chicago when I was there but it wouldnt fit in my hearse
rd.

Just 4 more, so close.

#619 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

A timely reminder to all pinheads ... But especially Sys11 guys ... To check your batteries regularly.
I opened my Diner last week and even though the alkaline batteries were only around 12 mths old, one had gone bad and made a real mess. Had to remove the board, strip it and socket some chips.
I am in the process of installing remote battery holders on ALL my pins to ensure this doesn't happen again.
I got 100 battery holders for 26c each out of Taiwan plus postage. I think it was $32 USD all up. It takes me less than 5 minutes to install one. They come with very short wires, I lengthen them out so the batteries sit on the bottom of the cabinet well away from the electronics.
32c a pin and 5 mins work is cheap insurance when a new Sys11 CPU is $400 USD. Very cheap indeed!!
rd.

Good to remind us, thanks. I just checked mine and they are good. Must be all the salt air you get.

#621 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The only salt air in Pukekohe comes off my steak dinner lol
We are about 20 miles from the Tasman Sea I guess.
rd.

That salt air travels pretty far inland.

#623 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Depends how big my steak is.
rd.

You cow murderer you.

#630 9 years ago

That fits the game perfectly and it actually does something game related not just sit there looking pretty.

4 weeks later
#643 9 years ago

and here's the blue Space Station ramp and it's improved from an original too. What a work of art.
IMGA0254.JPGIMGA0254.JPG

2 weeks later
#668 9 years ago
Quoted from DennisAZ:

Mark has said he tried painting one of the clear ramps. However, he didn't report how successful it was. But with a clear or transparent ramp, you can do things like this:

I did this on my Space Station.

Bay Door Open.jpg 127 KB

Now that's the way to light up the ramp. Didn't you rig it to light when the ramp gate dropped? How's your lit station holding up? That was a great mod.

#671 9 years ago
Quoted from DennisAZ:

And thanks Paul for your positive comments.

They are positive because your mods are fantastic. I only wish I had the skill to reproduce them.

#673 9 years ago
Quoted from mainelycoasters:

Sign me up
Owner of Pin-Bot and Taxi!!!
love both of theses games.

Welcome, just get um?

#686 9 years ago

It's usually corrosion so use a little thread penetrating lube on the nut a couple of times, let it work overnight spray some more on, wait a couple of hours, grab the nut with a locking pliers and try to remove the steel insert from the top. If it comes off get a new nutsert (that's what they are called) at the hardware store. Wire wheel the threads of the steel insert then place the new nutsert under the playfield and tap into place with a hammer and thread the shaft back in. What I do is I screw a #6, 3/8th inch screw up against the nutsert which helps keep it from spinning ever again. It's easy to do but hard to describe.

#689 9 years ago
Quoted from ahock13:

are you putting another screw into the ply adjacent to the nutsert?

That is what you do, it keeps the nutsert from ever spinning. The nutsert thread is 6-32 I think. Just bring the post bolt with you to the store to be sure.

3 weeks later
#717 9 years ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

Oh, man, Earthshaker and Diner are neck and neck for my next pin, you lucky dog!

I'd go with Earthshaker ESPECIALLY if you could get one with the sinking building. It would a no contest pick for me then.

#721 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballrus:

Member!

image.jpg 224 KB

Looks to be in fine shape. Never played one.

#722 9 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

Sign me up!
Elvira!

I have one too and love it. Gonna be a keeper ya think?

#726 9 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Yes....that's what I meant.
Don't know how I could have typed "cold mind".

Blame it on that cold front that came through.

#729 9 years ago
Quoted from DennisAZ:

Cold front??? What is a cold front?

It's a weather front that drops the temp. to 70......for you guys anyway.

#730 9 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Finally got my second Sys 11 a month ago to join with my WW. Bad Cats! In process of redecaling the cabinet as it wasn't a painted one. (Obviously!)
Came home
No orange!

IMG_8164.JPG 163 KB

Very nice. I see you use skates to move pins, have you ever thought of doing this to them. The game will never fall of then..
IMG_7800.JPG 196 KB

IMG_7822.JPG 208 KB

IMG_8166.JPG 172 KB

ModifiedPinSkate.JPGModifiedPinSkate.JPG
#733 9 years ago

Yeah you guys on the left coast got it rough, costs ya a small fortune to ship anything new in.

1 week later
#749 9 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

I thought I sould mention that I've just released a Tech Chart for Mousin Around, Bad Cats, Whirlwind and some more.
Complete solenoid, switch and lamps information on one big sheet (or PDF).
The file is available from my website http://www.inkochnito.nl.
Look in the "Tech Chart" section.
If I missed something or made an error, please let me know.
More game Tech Charts are comming...
Enjoy your game,
Peter
If you like my work, please send me a donation via PayPal.

Thank you for doing this. I don't need one but I'm sure others do.

#757 9 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

You mean like this?

F-14, SOF and Pin*bot

20141122_154842.jpg 246 KB

What no BOP? I'll bet Pinbot wants his bride next to him.

#762 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Then you have to get a Jackbot too
rd.

I'm not a crowd follower.

#774 9 years ago

They said it could hit 30 on Fri-Sat. A HEAT WAVE.

1 week later
#781 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I acquired a Whirlwind recently, been waiting for one a while.

Nice, in good shape?

#789 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Yeah, its playfield is one of the nicer originals I've seen. Not.diamond but all inserts are very flat as well. For the price I paid it was a fair deal. Came with an unopened set of repro plastics from CPR.

Sounds nice and new plastics to boot.

3 weeks later
#811 9 years ago
Quoted from Rec:

Happy new year to all Sys11 fans! Here is my newest project, it was a parts machine, now I'll try to put it together again. Missing a lot of parts, but I have some ideas where to find them...

tax.jpg 87 KB

Looks like a challenge. Best of luck in saving a great game.

4 weeks later
#818 9 years ago

Looks like a fun game, never played one though. Congrats.

3 weeks later
#870 9 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I hate to be that guy but Funhouse is a WPC lol. OK I kind of enjoy being that guy. Nice score either way though. I would love to have a Funhouse. My wife thinks that Rudy is way too creepy to buy though.

3 weeks later
#917 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm in again with a Space Station. What a great game, it took me 4 years to realize that these are my favorite style of pinball, not too deep but great shots and coolest music SFX I've encountered with nice lightshows. Just appeals to my 80's youth. They remind me of Nintendo and early Sega consoles. Good Times.

Good to hear, I love mine too.

#951 9 years ago

Any one know off hand what apron this goes with?
The shooter gauge is for an F-14, but the apron isn't. (was supposed to be.)
001.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
002.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
Edit - Looks like PinBot

Looks just like the ones on my Space Station and BOP.

#956 9 years ago

No lane change on Whirlwind either.
Looks like the wrong color for Space Station.
So far, looks like BOP, PinBot, & Police Force. I have a PinBot I could put it on, but my original is pretty clean and signed by python.

Yup your right, I got a better light and Space Station is white, red, black but same design. BOP is yellow, red, black with same design.

2 weeks later
#998 9 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

Seems I can't stay out of this club! Big Guns was the first game I bought that wasn't a project. I loved it but sold it and bought a High Speed. I traded that for an Earthshaker. I loved ES but traded it today for a game I've wanted since I first played it.....

20150412_215947.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Very nice, I hope it's not a project.

#1000 9 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

Nope! It probably could use a shop job but I hope not anything major.

Excellent.

1 month later
#1058 8 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

Other solution stop hitting the coin door with you knee!!!

Yeah and if you keep the key in the lock.....a friend of mine slammed his knee into my coin door and broke the key off in the lock, had to drill out the lock. Shortly there after I put all keyless locks in ALL my games.

#1061 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinbali:

^^^^^^that sucks but it's funny

You should have been here, he was cussin and a swearing cuz he tore his pants and had a nice bloody gash in his knee. He's been a LITTLE more calm with his playing ever since.

#1066 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I just bought the DK pinball 12 volt power boards for all my system 11's and that allows for some very cool led strip add ons or even a mod with a splitter I can add two long led strips, will post some pics when I done. Mezel sells them I believe as well.
http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/?page_id=940

Where did you tap into for 12v power? A different place for each game?

#1069 8 years ago

Oh that's right, it's all explained on their site....dummy me. I have 3 in my Stern games so that's what I was thinking of. I forgot there were different versions. Thanks

#1086 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Road Kings with Led's and I just finished putting in several comet LED strips. With a nice high pitch this game is fast and set to hard quite challenging, music and SFX are the coolest, love it.
DSC01741.JPG DSC01742.JPG DSC01743.JPG DSC01745.JPG DSC01748.JPG DSC01749.JPG DSC01753.JPG

Way cool looking.

#1087 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Whirlwind, quickly becoming one of my favorite pins.

DSC01758.JPG
DSC01759.JPG
DSC01763.JPG
DSC01764.JPG

That looks great.

#1092 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Pencil in Auckland, March 2016.
Big System 11 news coming for that date ... Wink wink
rd

I'd LOVE to go but the price.

#1094 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I just booked to Los Angeles (ex Auckland) ... About $900 USD return on Air New Zealand.
About the same price as a beat up Millionaire pin. Cheap!!
rd.

But I'd also have to get from Minneapolis to LA first and that's more $$$$

#1104 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I'd live my Space Station if I were an astronaut, I Lived my Radical when I was a kid, but I hope to never Live my Earthshaker.
Oh... and if I had a Road Kings, I'd have Lived that last weekend

4 months later
#1168 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

My Pinbot arrived from New Jersey yesterday.
I now officially have all 30 System 11 pinball machines in my house.
rd
image.jpeg

Congrats.....and they all work....right. Up to 120 now, have you got room for any more?

#1173 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I havent got room for the last 20 haha
They are about to take over my garage.
My 2009 Lexus has never seen the inside of a garage ... And it looks like it never will
rd

Sounds like you need an addition to your game room. Time to attach a new building.

1 week later
#1215 8 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Be sure to check the two 24v relays under the playfield as they to have weak molex pins and will probably have some damage at the connection. One is for your PF lights and one is for the Green lights. I replaced those two relays and molex connections with new from marco spec. There is also one in the head but that one on mine was not to bad. Will probably replace soon, just to do it! I will be getting me a kit from PBL today though.

Have you ever had the problem of the green lights always staying on? Mine do, the relays seem to be ok but do you think it might be the green lights relay anyway?

1 week later
#1271 8 years ago

Hey guys, seeings how pinlink is having trouble getting the connector apart don't you think it might be hard to reconnect it? What would be the best way to clean it up so it goes back together again easily? A dremel with a small wire wheel to clean the contacts then a light coating of dilectric grease? What do the pros say?

#1273 8 years ago

Your welcome, I've been meaning to ask that question for a long time so when your question came up it seemed to be the perfect time to ask.

3 weeks later
#1294 8 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

purple or pink display?

Never heard of one of those.

1 week later
#1306 8 years ago

That looks great but you need a couple of double spot lights to light up those dark spots.

#1312 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Just getting started, what a fun game, better than I remembered.

#1319 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Such a cool iconic brutally hard game. I have never had a game on one that lasted more than 3 min

That's why I sold mine, no body liked it except me

3 weeks later
#1355 8 years ago

When I get my Mustang on the road we could have our own car show.

4 months later
#1463 7 years ago

If I'm not mistaken there's a diode on that coil and the blown diode would cause the coil to lock on and that would cause the transistor to blow. So replace the diode too. I think that was the right order. I had the same thing happen to the shooter coil on my T3 and that was the fix along with a second diode put on that coil.

7 months later
#1605 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I forgot to post it here ...
The 2nd Annual World System 11 Championships are at my place in New Zealand on March 5th, 2017.
I have chosen 10 machines from my collection (I have all of the Sys11s here to play)
Players play one game on each machine, top 32 go into head to head playoffs.
Last year we had about 75 players in the Champs, from Australia, NZ, Japan and France.
All welcome! Come play!
rd

Dang if I had the money I'd be there.

1 month later
#1659 7 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

Just want some opinions. If you bought a System 11 MPU board on eBay and the description said "good looking condition / untested" would you agree that it was inappropriately described if it showed up and had battery acid damage affecting most of the components within 1-2 inches of the battery box. Traces on the back look good, but solder joints on front clearly corroded and battery box connector pins corroded all the way through on 2 of the connectors.

Oh yeah, it does NOT "look" good with that kind of damage. Can you return it?

#1662 7 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

Yes, I'm returning it. I didn't expect a definitely working board, but I definitely wasn't expecting acid damage with a description like that. Looks like I'll be out up to $50-60 worth of shipping in the end which is rather frustrating for a deceptive description. He claims that he's not trying to scam and that he is no expert, but he has multiple pinball boards for sale and knows pinside, so I'm not buying it. Everybody in pinball knows about battery damage and I think it's just about the worst thing anyone talks about.

On ebay did you mark it as Not as Described? You might not have to pay return shipping. I'm just guessing here.

2 months later
#1743 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

just finished restoring this nice system 11 touched up playfield removed mylar and CC playfield, repaired and cleaned all mec's rebuilt flippers to new style and a lot more led's etc.. let me know if you want to see more

I've never played the game but it looks like fun. Love the pf art.

#1749 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

anyone add flipper button Leds? I'm not sure which ones to get. Want to make blue/red for my pinbot and where to pick up the 12v. Thx for any help.

You could always DIY it and save big $$$ Use 6.3v double flex head leds.

#1752 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

thx. which leds? Then just alligator clip a GI bulb?

Either. Some like the 555 sockets and some like the 47 sockets. I did mine with 47 sockets cuz I got them local for 10 cents each. Get power from the coin slot bulbs.

#1754 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

awesome....My last question was about sockets....what kind of stores sell them?

PBL and Marco are 2. We have an Ax Man surplus store in town so I get um cheap. This picture was taken before Comet came out with 2 head bulbs.

IMGA0862 (resized).JPGIMGA0862 (resized).JPG

#1761 6 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

Off to pick up "Space Station"in a couple of hours.

That was 6 hours ago....how did it go?

#1762 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

space station is awesome!

Yup but having the slings that close to the flippers can be a real problem at times. But that what makes it so much fun.

#1764 6 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

He's got about a 6maybe 7 hr drive just to get to it. Great commitment.

WOW, that's for sure. Done that a couple of times myself.

#1767 6 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

Space Station has touched down.

Quoted from PAPPYBALL:

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

Tell us about the trip too.

#1773 6 years ago

That looks really nice. Congrats. Good to hear it was an uneventful trip.

1 month later
2 months later
#1819 6 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Just added another system 11 to the collection of many. Space Station condition green edition

You know what would look nice on that green edition. Come and join the Space Station club, no one has a green edition.

IMGA0986 (resized).JPGIMGA0986 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#1869 6 years ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

My first effort at a scroll saw project...

The inspiration for my sign...

Very nice, put some EL paper behind it and center it on the wall behind the games.

1 week later
#1871 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Finally became a member of the club over the weekend with a Space Station:

(Radical is just a temporary resident until a friend builds a new house)

Hope it's in good shape.

2 months later
#2004 6 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Perhaps a stupid question, I have been wondering, what does "sign me up" actually do? Do the group moderators keep a list of people signed up?

No it's just a phrase people use when they finally get a System 11 game or any game and they join that club.

2 weeks later
#2033 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Oh man. I forgot that was going down.
Wish I could be there. Currently waiting to board our private for our tour of Asia.
Good Luck RD.

Hey Chris have you ever seen the Journey 1983 Fronters tour video? I know you, the crew and band would really like it. I have it on dvd and have watched it at least a dozen times over the years. How many stops on this tour? Send some pictures if you have time.

2 weeks later
#2060 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I’m starting a Transporter project, next to impossible to find parts... please help an insane person out
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transporter-the-rescue-rescue

Damn, you better wear a breathing filter mask and gloves when you tear into that.

2 weeks later
#2091 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

Back at my old condo. I have a house now and the games are in the basement soon to be joined by the other system 11 games I have. Will post pics of that when the gameroom is more setup:

Sounds like the couch and tv are going bye bye.

1 week later
#2108 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

No need to order, just go to your nearest home supply/hardware store. I think everyone has home depot, but any place similar will have machine screws. Save yourself a bunch of money

Yup and Ace Hardware has a good assortment too.

2 months later
#2231 5 years ago
Quoted from Rick37160:

Guys, thank you for your help with this machine.
After determining that both displays were bad, I sold it to a pinball arcade the other day so they can finish restoring it.
I'm sticking with my Fireball Classic.
Rick

I like the Classic.

1 week later
#2241 5 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Up to Two Sys 11 now. Prob one of the fewest owned ones and the most owned one
Game Show is my new one, will have lots of time to put into it when the weather goes to shit in the winter, fun game

Love the mirrored bg on RS.

1 month later
#2297 5 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

If you can figure out an upper playfield for Space Station I'm sure there's people that would be keen.

I second that.

4 weeks later
#2411 5 years ago
Quoted from Andyzola87:

Added another system 11 to the lineup! Picked up this Earthshaker about 2 weeks ago and started ordering parts. The game had 2 broken ramps, a burnt out display and it wasn’t booting. So far I have the game fully working, I replaced both ramps with new ones from Starship Fantasy, ordered a new blue LED display and I added WiFi controlled RGB LED accent lighting to the side and center ramp to brighten up the play field. This game is a lot of fun and the play field was in decent condition. Most is covered with Mylar and there’s a few wear spot but nothing major. Here’s some pics of its current state with the led lighting off and on.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's a cool game, I've always wanted one. Congrats.

9 months later
#2793 4 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

Mirror blades and a couple of spotlight kits helps too.

and spend the extra money on the double head spot lights.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.99
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball

$ 39.99
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MustangPaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club?tu=MustangPaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.