IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jmckune.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3111 3 years ago
Quoted from Phesson:

I have a Jokerz. The draw poker scoop kick out fires around three times before it can kick the ball up into the top inlanes. It has a 23-800 coil. Should I replace it with a stronger coil? What would the next one up from that be?

With scoops, make sure the rubber tip on the end of the VUK plunger hasn’t broken off. If it’s bare metal the arm likely isn’t long enough anymore and it’s damaging the ball.

#3114 3 years ago
Quoted from Dthwsh:

Hey everyone!
I just purchased my first pin, an F 14.
I have it set up and it seems to play a little slower then I remember.
I have the manual and I've adjusted the feet but I think I'm missing something.
Also I can't seem to make any adjustments to the game modes. ie. meduim, easy, etc.
Can anyone point me to a sticky or set up thread? I've searched but maybe I'm using the wrong wording.
I want to get it set up properly before I look into modding it in any way.
Thanks in advance

You can try waxing the playfield and cranking the rear feet up more. If you want to make adjustments to the game just hit the advance button on the coin door (the one all the way to the left from your perspective) and then once you make it to the setting you want to adjust, hit the start button. Once you get to the end of the menu it will save your settings.

1 year later
#3467 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Figured this would be the place to ask about my road kings:
Upon startup or sometimes at the start of a new ball, the little red coil for the ramp flap will fire repeatedly. The ramp doesn’t open. It’s just the little coil that clicks. I think it’s a relay.
Any one with advices ?

I haven’t looked at that game so not sure. Is it one of those up/down ramps like on whirlwind or Pinbot? If so it may be a flaky position switch and the coil may be firing to try and get the ramp in the “correct” position

#3470 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Yes. It’s the smaller coil that seems to pulse a bunch of times, then stops.
So perhaps the issue is that the cpu is seeing the ramp flap as up, (I.e. the “up” switch is seen as closed, causing little “down” coil to fire)?

Yes. Happened on my WW when I first got it. Sometimes happens once if it’s been sitting a while. Adjust “ramp down” switch to be more sensitive or replace

3 weeks later
#3486 2 years ago

Is that a CPR playfield? The diner inserts make me think yes but it looks amazing!

#3489 2 years ago
Quoted from harig:

Do sys11 games (SoF) have an alarm like the credit dot on later games when eg one switch is broken...I assume they have but I'm just not sure

Yes. Upon power up if there are any errors there will be an audible noise in addition to the screen showing “press enter for Test Report” on early sys11 games this may just be a knocker, but on later games, they had unique sounds that would play in addition to the normal startup bong

2 weeks later
#3515 2 years ago

Can confirm. My whirlwind either powers on with a quick speaker squeal or firing the knocker if it’s been sitting. If it hasn’t been off long it’ll power up quietly. Bad Cats on the other hand makes a noise that I can only describe as a terrifying electric noise while also firing a coil. So I’d say the coil thing is normal.

#3518 2 years ago

I’d probably scrub that board down really good. If anything else prevents possible flammable material being removed from the pins

2 months later
#3627 1 year ago

Added another one. Not sure if I’ll like this game or not but got it as a semi working project on the cheap!

9DC064A5-7596-47CA-B624-48DFBC73C7B4 (resized).jpeg9DC064A5-7596-47CA-B624-48DFBC73C7B4 (resized).jpeg
#3637 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Oh my and next to Road Show! Perfect.
My grail game is Road Show and I didn't realise all the references to Pat Lawlors other games till I played them later.

That’s ironically the same way mine is setup

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3642 1 year ago

So that fire I picked up, there are several solenoids not working. I’m trying to read the schematic and if I’ve done it right, the. I initially suspected the A/C select but just want to make sure as the ramp on the left side seems to sporadically move despite both solenoids for that being on the problematic “A” side. Which leads to my question. I’m looking at the manual and it states that at rest the relay connects to the A side. It appears though that everything working is on the C side. It could be that the driver transistor for the AC is shorted but then I wouldn’t expect it to click each time? I also measured voltages at the non working coils and none of them had power. When the A/C select doesn’t have a coil “selected” does it lose its power as well or merely the connection to ground? The problem solenoids in this game are all in the “switched section. What am I missing here?

#3644 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Maybe the ramp switch? Machine will fire the ramp coils if it doesn’t know where the ramp is.
rd

I just ran through test. The only ramp coil working is right down. I also ran through switch test of the playfield switches. The only stuff not working is the 6 stand ups at the top of the playfield. Maybe the switch stack inside the relay is worn and not detecting the contact to give the coils power. No coil on the A side is working

#3647 1 year ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Check the A/C relay board for cracked solder joints.
[quoted image]

Will do, I believe on Fire it is located on the rear left side of the playfield and is white instead of yellow, there are no header pins as on the early ones they soldered the wires directly to the pads, but the cracked joints may be at the relay itself. I’ve checked and that is the one that is physically clicking during the test mode. It also clicks on a repetitive motion while in attract mode. I believe it is attempting to go back to the A side to correct a ramp that is out of position to no avail as when I raise the playfield, the clicking stops.

#3648 1 year ago

Here are pictures of Sol 12 A/C select. It does not show any suggestion of cold joints

With 1J12 removed, there is still no voltage at problem coils.
35C112B2-3BA2-43B4-8378-08C4B637775C (resized).jpeg35C112B2-3BA2-43B4-8378-08C4B637775C (resized).jpeg7C426203-68FF-4836-B334-0256D20193C1 (resized).jpeg7C426203-68FF-4836-B334-0256D20193C1 (resized).jpeg

#3650 1 year ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Did you test the fuses under the playfield? You can test the red wires on the A/C relay for coil voltage.

I found only one fuse under the playfield, and it was for the flame tube. Am I missing a 2nd fuse somewhere?

Edit: Found it. Hiding behind thick wiring and it tests bad
09FBE559-7DC1-483F-935A-C83B7B70EFAF (resized).jpeg09FBE559-7DC1-483F-935A-C83B7B70EFAF (resized).jpeg

#3653 1 year ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Now the bigger question, why is it burnt?

I put in a 2.5 AMP fuse. Upon startup, I cannot hear anything lock on, however. After a few seconds I smell the familiar smell of when my taxi burnt a coil and immediately shut off. I went through all the coils I could see and none were warm to the touch. I went to the backbox and nothing on cpu was hot. Don’t want to send anything up in flames. The bridges have not yet been modified to have the inline fuse for early system 11s. Fuse blew so probably a problem somewhere. I’m noticing that several coils have a half ass diode install on them. If I’m not mistaken The coils don’t even need a diode as that’s what the diode board under the playfield is for. Only the flippers should need them.

#3655 1 year ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Not true! The diode board under the play field is for the A/C circuits only. All coils need a diode, unless the diode is installed some where else like on a WPC game the diodes are on the Power driver board. Later system 11 game the diodes are installed on the Aux power supply. This game however needs diodes installed at each coil.

So pull off 1J-11, 1J-12 and 1J-19 from the CPU board. Install a new fuse. Turn on the game. If the fuse does not burn, connect each connector back on one at a time while seeing if the fuse burns. This should narrow it down to a few coils/flash lamp circuits.

That’s where I’m mixed up then, my other sys 11s are the later versions with the Aux power board

#3657 1 year ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Not true! The diode board under the play field is for the A/C circuits only. All coils need a diode, unless the diode is installed some where else like on a WPC game the diodes are on the Power driver board. Later system 11 game the diodes are installed on the Aux power supply. This game however needs diodes installed at each coil.

So pull off 1J-11, 1J-12 and 1J-19 from the CPU board. Install a new fuse. Turn on the game. If the fuse does not burn, connect each connector back on one at a time while seeing if the fuse burns. This should narrow it down to a few coils/flash lamp circuits.

I found the culprit and determined why I wasn’t able to hear anything lock on. The culprit was the ramp raise solenoid. The ramp was already in the up position which is why I couldn’t see or hear anything as the plunger was already inside the coil. This must have happened before I got the game because those solenoids had never worked. Moving the plunger for that ramp is very hard and it shows signs of heat damage. And Q32 is what made the magic smoke smell. Without even testing can tell it is blown. Exhibit a and b

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3658 1 year ago

And after testing, I found a separate driver and pre driver that were bad. All of them connected to U20. All of those items have been removed and replaced. Before I put the board back in I’m going to remove all of the diodes that are soldered in completely wrong and replace them with new ones the correct way.

#3660 1 year ago
Quoted from king-pin:

Just a quick question for Dr Dude owners.
My "big shot "just fell apart. Can it be glued back together like it looks or does it need to be replaced?
Thanks.

If you find a new one, you let me know the source. Currently have a dude where the big shot figure is a cutoff sling plastic from funhouse so we are basically punching the girl!

4 months later
#3808 1 year ago

Can someone post a photo of how a system 11 with the side entry back glass lock is supposed to look? I see the part the lock is supposed to push on to hold glass In place but I can’t figure out what the cam is supposed to look like. Obviously the one in my picture is wrong but I am able to extend that one straight up but it looks like a flat one would not be able to hold it either in the fully upright position as it looks like it would just slide right past the lock cam.

55AF29A0-AF86-4D28-AF2A-6D7462E91C86 (resized).jpeg55AF29A0-AF86-4D28-AF2A-6D7462E91C86 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#3877 1 year ago

So I’m working on rebuilding the upper flipper on my Transporter. I am a little bit confused. The long shaft flipper does have a c clamp on it for “correct” height but when I use it, the flipper seems to sit higher than others I’ve seen and also seems like it’s unnaturally high. I tried removing it, when I lower it down to a level that looks like it’s reasonable, the ball guide right behind it seems to collide with the rubber causing interference in its return. Is there any adjustment for the the exact resting position the fat end sits at? First photo shows the positioning with the spacer on the shaft. 2nd position seems like a more correct height but that’s about as far back as the flipper can retract before the ball guide hits the rubber and stops it’s from retracting.
Edit: replaced bushing and it’s fine now

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#3887 1 year ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

No need to replace the bridges or large cap. Just add the extra fuses on the inputs of the bridges. It is described on pinwiki.com

Diner is an 11C and does not require this modification. That modification is only recommended for the early 11 and 11A board sets without the AUX power driver. From High speed up to and including Fire!

#3895 1 year ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Best Sys 11C display? Pinscore, Rottendog, Wolfpactech, etc?

I haven’t personally had to buy any replacement displays. The Transporter I bought has the Bally split Rottendog displays and they look very close to original. Only way to tell is the more pronounced segment lines when off. Pin score is also a good option, many of those installed in location game near me and the look good too. Basically all should be fine, get whichever is in stock and convenient

2 weeks later
#3922 1 year ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Question..while re-capping my Diner power supply, I noticed F3 was blown. I tested the Bridge rectifier and it was bad, so I replaced it. I've never had this pin powered up, so I expect I'm going to find some gremlins that existed when it was put into storage. Anything I should look for that causes the BR to fail? I've gone through everything on the playfield and tested for shorts. Tested coils and diodes. Any suggestions from the System 11 gurus welcome...I would rather do the work before I power her up. I'm re-assembling and doing cab decals at the moment, so hope to plug her in by the end of the weekend.

Sometimes just happens with age. These things are approaching 40 years in the case of 11 and 11A and sometimes the only explanation is age. The board set is reliable and I suspect you won’t find any more issues with the bridge after replacement

#3930 1 year ago

Does anywhere sell the yellow long shaft carrot flipper as used on Transporters upper flipper? I replaced the worn out lower Williams bats that were on mine but the upper on I couldn’t seem to find and it is also pretty worn looking.

92C94EFE-A1DC-471F-BCB4-039BF24CEC72 (resized).jpeg92C94EFE-A1DC-471F-BCB4-039BF24CEC72 (resized).jpeg
#3938 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Whirlwind?
I was guessing by the blue paint and the hole in the top of the backbox for the fan.
Chris

Redacted

#3945 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Australians wish they could see my collection too.
Actually there’s a dozen of the buggers showing up here next month for World SYS11 Champs.
They’re ok in small doses.
Can’t have them around too long though! The flies get annoying. And don’t even get me started on the Didgeridoo racket.
rd

Lol my friends dad is from Adelaide Australia and all he goes on and on about are the “bloody New Zealanders” I would love to see interaction from locals between the two places

1 month later
#4072 1 year ago

Does anyone see anything obviously out of place on either of these switch stacks? I’m trying to diagnose switches not working on Fire! (All of the upper stand ups) they are coincidently connected to the lane change switches and as I have already replaced the transistor (which had been replaced before) plus the chip for the switches. I’m now suspecting a high voltage short from the flippers. Before replacing the chip and transistor again, would like some expert eyes to see anything obvious. What would I need to order to completely rebuild the switch stacks? Obviously half of it is a flipper rebuild but as far as the regular lane change switch, is there a switch to order that covers both?

446EEFB1-D8F1-41AF-8715-8487782EB340 (resized).jpeg446EEFB1-D8F1-41AF-8715-8487782EB340 (resized).jpegA6B91F53-6BBD-48B4-A63F-811C9FEF33CB (resized).jpegA6B91F53-6BBD-48B4-A63F-811C9FEF33CB (resized).jpeg
#4074 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

So the whole of column 3 is out?
Have you checked continuity of the whole wire chain from the end back to the molex pin?
If so - have you done the switch test on the board with the jumper wire? Jumping the pins between rows and Columns while in switch test - that will ascertain if it is your CPU board at fault.
rd[quoted image]

I’m surprised to report shorting the pins activated the switches in edge test. I guess that means I have a wiring break

I’m also getting a reading of 008 on diode setting from the right lane change to the pin. I’m stumped as to why nothing in that column is registering without jumping pins. I will note I have to wiggle the probe a lot more to get a reading vs the other columns.
7B799540-8200-4A54-8F4D-7645DCC6FF40 (resized).jpeg7B799540-8200-4A54-8F4D-7645DCC6FF40 (resized).jpeg

#4076 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That’s always one of the first things I cross off the list.
Pretty rare to have a board related switch issue on a SYS11 in my experience. Unless someone’s done something pretty stupid. Lol
The fact that the whole column is out would make me follow that green/orange wire all the way from the molex pin on the CPU (check the signal is going through the connector to the pin) to the end of the chain.
Not uncommon for a wire in a harness to have a break in it. Can be intermittent too, touching on and off.
You mention the switch diode … if you think it’s suspect, just replace it … but a bad diode is probably more likely to cause switch matrix chaos rather than taking out a whole column.
rd

I’m gonna have to probably take that wire out of the bundle. This game was a project and the board was toast in multiple spots when I got it. I have replaced the switch transistor for that column. Before I changed it, it was visibly damaged and also looked like it had been changed before. There were also a couple of blown solenoid transistors. Poor wiring on every coil that some idiot had done before. I’ve had it sitting for a while because it had so many issues. I’m getting motivated to get it going again. This is the last issue on the electrical side (as far as I know) I need to pop the fuse back in under the playfield to test the transistor, rewiring of every solenoid I have done. The left ramp up was locked on and blew that solenoid circuit.

3 weeks later
#4085 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

System 11 guys:
I've owned a bunch of system 11s and love the era. One of them I haven't, and it's SOF.
I can't say as I've ever played one either. I do like the theme and I love progressive jackpots.
TO those who have a good amount of time on one, and have played a variety of other system 11s, can you give me your input? Kinda wanting to buy one but would love to hear feedback on thoughts of it.

I want it too! Just haven’t found one close yet!

2 months later
#4156 9 months ago
Quoted from splattii:

I own a Cyclone and the ferris wheel rubber needs to be replaced. I'm going to use this as an excuse to re-do this machine with a hardtop. Since I'm going to do that, might as well as LED throughout and beef it up. My experience will pinball machines up until now has been with earlier machines, ie Eightball Deluxe, Meteor, Star Trek (Bally), System 80b machines etc... Do I need any mods to put LED into a System 11 game or can I just buy LED and move forward? I know for Eightball and Meteor I needed an Alltek, I don't recall needing anything for the System 80b. Hoping Williams 11 is easy on me... thanks

Nothing extra needed. Just keep in mind, if you are also doing the under playfield inserts to use non ghosting bulbs, otherwise, you may have bulbs that are dimly lit when they are supposed to be off. For the regular illumination you can use the regular 1 or 2 SMDs

2 weeks later
#4207 9 months ago

Your power supply board is likely due for rebuild

1 week later
#4235 9 months ago

Brought another home today!

IMG_4652 (resized).jpegIMG_4652 (resized).jpeg
#4239 8 months ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Congrats! I’m jealous! I’ve been looking for the perfect Rollergames for my level of project readiness for a while now, hoping to find one within a reasonable distance of me this year.

I drove 14 hours round trip to get it! It’s mostly working. Has a couple of flaky switches. Other than that it’s dirty and needs shopped and updated to LED

IMG_4653 (resized).jpegIMG_4653 (resized).jpegIMG_4654 (resized).jpegIMG_4654 (resized).jpegIMG_4655 (resized).jpegIMG_4655 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#4242 8 months ago

On the Rollergames I picked up recently, the double diverter mechanism was frozen, almost like it had a coil that overheated at some point. Almost impossible to move the mechanism. To my surprise, I found no replaced or damaged transistors and no sign of damage to the coil when I took the mechanism out. Next step I undid the linkage that moves both diverters together. Now o found that both of them are still very hard to turn. I can’t see anything out of order with it. All I can think of is someone tried to use lubricant at some point and now it’s basically concrete. Luckily I had a second trashed ramp I was able to steal the diverter mech off that and it’s working now, but was wondering if there is any chance of salvaging the second one? I tried to figure out how to get it apart but I can’t seem to get the crank arms off to remove the shaft to inspect it.

4 weeks later
#4263 7 months ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Any thoughts on how much the average System 11 weighs? I have a Riverboat Gambler and a potential buyer wants to know the approximate weight.
Thanks,
Alan

Around 220-250LBS

2 weeks later
#4270 7 months ago
Quoted from sullivcd40:

Thanks rd, I put out a wtb ad for an oem board, maybe I’ll get lucky. I think dumbass is pretty backed up, I’ll send him a message though.

Is it booting? I can clearly see alkaline damage on the battery pads but above and below look good from what I can see.

Edit: never mind. See it now on the chips below.

1 week later
#4288 6 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

System 11 guys: Rank jokerz, space station and Grand liz.

Id rank space station, then jokerz. Grand lizard doesn’t get a fair shake because I haven’t played it enough.

#4295 6 months ago

Brought another one home!

IMG_0046 (resized).jpegIMG_0046 (resized).jpeg
#4297 6 months ago
Quoted from tylery85:

Sweet! Great collection.

Thanks, looking to get most of the system 11 greats by the time I’m done. Looking to add Mousin Around, Pinbot, Diner, Swords of Fury, Radical, and Elvira. That should about complete what I’m looking for.

2 weeks later
#4369 6 months ago
Quoted from tylery85:

LIONMAN! I regret selling mine a few years back. I think I did because I got very good at it really fast and after that lost interest. The scoring on it made competitive play difficult with the rolling jackpot. I don't like the idea that I can play the same game twice and depending on something out of my control my score can be completely different. I do think it has the best original music out of any pinball I've experienced. Definitely deserves a subwoofer and to crank the sound up. I would love to hear others' opinions on that though or other games with great music packages.

It’s definitely up there. A lot of the system 11 games have very good music. Whirlwind, BK2K, Earthshaker. Bride of Pinbot also has very good music

1 month later
#4439 4 months ago
Quoted from sullivcd40:

Whirlwind lower right flipper stopped working mid game, upper still works. I replaced the coil and cap, getting 72 volts at the lugs, resistance is the same on the left and right coils. It won’t fire when I clip an alligator lead to the rail and touch the middle lug, the left flipper will fire when I do this. There is continuity between the cabinet switch and the coil. My next thought is to start swapping boards with Taxi. Is there anything else I should look at?

It’s possible you have a transistor that’s failed but those usually fail as a short. You’d have to test to confirm it’s bad. You’re sure all 3 lugs are getting voltage and the switches are registering? Have you done a switch edge test yet?

1 week later
#4446 3 months ago

I am about to start a major system 11 project/revival of a Swords of Fury. Game is in pieces and has been out of commission for 10 years. Going to start with the cabinet and then move on to the playfield. It comes with a NOS playfield and I’m wondering if anyone has any advice on how to handle that? It’s very nice with minor imperfections in the top right corner which will be covered by the ramps. Should I look into clear coating it or adding Mylar? It currently has neither and I don’t want it to start wearing quickly without something in place. How difficult is a clear coat? If full playfield Mylar a bad choice?

AF1F4FCE-78ED-4315-84C5-EEC502D8952E_1_201_a (resized).jpegAF1F4FCE-78ED-4315-84C5-EEC502D8952E_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
#4448 3 months ago
Quoted from tylery85:

I would be interested in following your progress if you make a thread on it. LIONMAN! I miss mine quite a bit. My favorite music of any pin.

Will likely make a thread, not sure exactly how quickly moving it will be though. I’m going to pick this project up in the next 2 weeks, after that, first order of business will be replacing the MPU, Power supply, and Aux power supply boards. All 3 of these are missing. I think I may be able to get a used original power supply that needs a full rebuild of both high voltage and recap for free. The other two I’m working with DumbAss on as I have no interest in the Rottendog boards. After that, there will likely be a halt from paying for the project and boards. Game is currently in pieces but the guy selling did a check and was able to verify all major components and harnesses are there.

3 weeks later
#4472 89 days ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

I have a Bad Cats, serial #1315297, a re-import from West Germany. I’ve had it for many years, it is mostly working but now I want to bring it up to 100%. I wonder if you folks could help with a few suggestions as to how to deal with this problem.
1. In solenoid Test Mode, when testing Controlled Solenoid 9 (cat motor), the BAD CATS flashers flash and the cat motor does not spin.
Solenoid 10 (PF GI), nothing happens.
Solenoid 11 (BB GI), nothing happens.
Solenoid 12 (A/C relay) clicks correctly.
Solenoid 13 (Woman motor), cat motor spins, woman does not.
Solenoid14 (BAD CATS flashers), PF GI blinks
Solenoid 15 (Seafood wheel #2), nothing happens.
Solenoid 16, (Seafood wheel #1), nothing happens.
I have checked and re-checked all connectors and headers on the MPU, Aux. P/S and Interconnect
Boards countless times with no change. Gameplay reflects test mode.
I'm stumped. I have a good DMM and Logic Probe, no scope. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Alan

Did you verify all of the wires connected to these things match up with the manual? That is quite a few solenoids off but it’s possible someone hacked the wiring not paying attention

#4476 88 days ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Hi Jmuckne, thanks for the reply.
All the wires that are in connectors match the manual. One strange thing I found is that Aux Dvr Bd 9-pin connector 5J2 has only four wires in the IDC housing: pins 5,6,8 and 9, for solenoids 9,10,11, and 12. The other slots 1,2,3 and 4, for solenoids 13,14,15 and 16 have no wire in them and appear to have never had a wire in them. These missing wires start at MPU 1J12 and by the manual are supposed to go to the Aux Dvr Bd 5J2 then to the Interconnect. But on my machine, they go from 1J12 directly to 2J11 and 12 on the Interconnect board. Does the ground for these wacky solenoids supposed to come from the Aux Dvr Bd? Could the wiring be different because it's a re-import? I cannot find a German language manual.

The only thing that would be different is the transformer jumper so that the machine got 220v vs 120v. I’ll take a look later but you’re going to want to make sure all wiring colors and connections match the manual at both the coils themselves as well as where they connect.

Use the solenoid table to quickly verify wire colors and connections on both the coil and connector side. It will even go as far as giving you the exact pin the wire should be in. It should go playfield>interconnect>cpu

IMG_0550 (resized).jpegIMG_0550 (resized).jpeg
#4477 88 days ago

Can someone tell me what parts these are? One looks to be a plastic insulation piece for wires leaving the power box. Not sure the official name or where to find it. On the side where the power cord comes in, is that some type of strain relief fastener?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4483 82 days ago

Trying to decide what color GI for my Swords of Fury. Stuck between frosted sunlight and clear cool white. Usually I’d do cool white for blues and warm or sunlight for reds. This game has plenty of both! Anyone have pictures of theirs?

3 weeks later
#4491 61 days ago

Both bad cats and RBG are later system 11 games with the 2 x 16 digit displays. The only difference is RBG will have an additional output to daisy chain to the extra display. Not sure if it will work, I’m sure if you plug it in, worse that would happen is garbled data but it still should light up

#4497 60 days ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

I plugged it in my Bad Cats last night, and the lower display works just fine, but the upper display is stone dead. Now the upper display does not have the little sparkles in it that indicate an out-gassed display, so is there some way to check to see if it is really dead, or, like Lazarus, can be brought back from the dead? Thanks.

Hmmm. It may be because it’s looking for that second display to complete the circuit. I don’t think it’s like older games where you can simply move the connector to another spot to test.

4 weeks later
#4512 30 days ago

For those that may not have been following my thread, I successfully resurrected Swords of Fury serial 211 from its bucket of parts of 16 years. With the NOS playfield and translite, it looks brand new!

IMG_0911 (resized).jpegIMG_0911 (resized).jpegIMG_0915 (resized).jpegIMG_0915 (resized).jpeg
#4515 29 days ago
Quoted from alexorear:

I recently picked up a Pinbot project and now that I've gotten into it I've realized some of the wiring harnesses has been cut out. I've found a wiring harness for Fire on eBay. Both are system 11A games. Would this harness work in Pinbot? I'm gonna look at the wiring diagrams for both. Does anyone make new system 11 wiring harnesses?

What part is cut out? Solenoids, switches, or lamps? Or is it simply the GI? If it’s the GI, what likely happened is that the playfield had stapled wire braid that was not actually apart of the harness and will need to be remade

#4517 29 days ago
Quoted from alexorear:

Honestly I'm not sure entirely sure. Looks like maybe some of the wiring between the transformer and the power supply as well as maybe the light matrix (blue and black wires). The game is at a friend's house currently who is helping me put the game back together. Unfortunately we live an hour apart. He's going to look at it more indepth in the next few days and I'm going to go through it all will him this weekend. Looks like the manual is very thorough so I'm thinking we can rebuild whatever is missing, just gonna take some time.
We also noticed that I might be missing 2 flasher resistor boards for the topper but the manual has no mention of the topper. Where can I find information on the topper wiring?

The good news is if it’s inside the cabinet and not apart of the playfield, it’s easy to make yourself. Controlled Lamp wires for the playfield for this era are generally yellow-x and red-x, switches are generally white-x and green-x, solenoids will be colors such as VIO-x, blue-x, orange, red etc. it sounds like you may have missing wires from the transformer secondary or possibly coils. Detailed pictures would help. I don’t have a Pinbot currently but I will see what I can find on the topper.

#4519 28 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

It bugs me more the harness is from (I think) a comet. Some wires I confirmed don’t match. Yes we are missing about 4-5 plugs. Missing the complete 2 harnesses coming off the transformer (flat 4 is simple to replace). Also the extra harness from comet is still stitched together with part of a harness I don’t need, so I need to remove that. I know we can fix it, just going to need some new connectors, and stare a wiring diagram a lot. Just caught me off guard when ever I went down there to just redo the rectifier wires, replace that plug, and add in the 2 new fuses. lol so I still need to check, some of the cut stuff we might not need since we have extra harnesses. Yellow flat 4 on the floor doesn’t fit transformer.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, those would be easier/cheaper to make yourself. You’ll need a crimp tool capable of handling .93 and .156 crimp pins. And various size molex housings. If I were you, I’d make the obvious ones like the general illumination (yellow wire). And get photos of the connectors you aren’t sure about from the Pinbot club (or you could look at the owners manual and search for the wire colors which would tell you their location and pin position). Wirebot on here or Marco has a good selection of most of these wires (18 awg would be the correct size for these locations)

#4521 28 days ago

You are able to use molex vs IDC (factory). This is recommended if you are doing them anyways

2 weeks later
#4565 11 days ago
Quoted from sullivcd40:

Does anyone know which cabinets are interchangeable with Taxi and/or Whirlwind?

High speed, GL, Road Kings,and Pinbot are the same

Millionaire-Jokerz is the same

Earthshaker-BBBB are the same (not accounting for Bally vs Williams backbox heads)

#4583 6 days ago
Quoted from alexorear:

Last question (for a while), what gauge is the wiring running from the MPU to the playfield, specifically connectors 1J12 and 1J12 (solenoids). Is it 22awg or 18awg?

Any wire carrying voltage (solenoid power for example) will be 18AWG. Switch and lamp matrix wires will be 22 AWG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jmckune.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club?tu=Jmckune and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.