IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ElCid95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3235 2 years ago

A friend's Riverboat Gambler is having some problems when it powers up. It starts a cycle of the lift crank assembly on the ramp moves a little, followed by the left drop target solenoid energizing and all the controlled lights will go out and then come back on. I've also noticed that the +5VAC and blanking leds on the MPU board are solidly lit, and the diagnosis led is blinking. The diagnosis and the blanking led will go out when the left drop target solenoid is energized. I've reseated all the connectors on the MPU board and there is nothing that jumps out at me on the MPU board that looks fried. Now when I go into the adjustments and bookeeping settings, the solenoids stop there energizing cycle. Any suggestions on where to start to troubleshoot this?

#3236 2 years ago

So I fixed that problem by reseating 1J8 on the MPU board. Now the next problem is the game will reset shortly after I launch the first ball. Also the display is saying press advance when it is powered up. When I check the messages, it says wheel error, and I've reseated the two connectors on the back side of the wheel board without solving the error.

#3237 2 years ago

I spoke too soon. The resetting is back with the energizing of the solenoids for the left target bank and the ramp...

1 week later
#3242 2 years ago
Quoted from ElCid95:

I spoke too soon. The resetting is back with the energizing of the solenoids for the left target bank and the ramp...

The fix was to replace the bridge rectifier on the power supply board, however that was after I recapped the board and replaced Q5 trying to track the problem down the schematic. The next problem was while all the solenoids work in test, most didn't work during gameplay. The problem solenoids were all of them minus the flippers, slingshots and pop bumpers. After I added a little bit of solder to the connector pins/bridge rectifiers on the auxiliary power driver unit board everything was working perfectly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ElCid95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club?tu=ElCid95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.