IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DennisAZ.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#479 10 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Here is a pic of the volume pot inside the cab. Can you check yours to confirm, I just opened my coindoor and got this pic. The first lug has a barewire all the way down, is this right/normal? Thanks

The pictures help a lot. Check for intermittant shorts:
Is the flat ground wire running behind the pot wires shorted to any of the wires/terminals?
Are the cable shield wire terminal and the red wire terminal shorted to the bracket?
Is the black wire terminal shorted to the flat ground strap?
What is the flat ground wire connected to on its end? The bracket?
If this was mine, I would resolder the three terminals.

Dennis

#485 10 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Broken tab, ok or replace? Where do you get one and whats it called? Thanks

No problem the other tabs should hold it tight enough. I don't think it is worth the effort of replacing.
Mouser Electronics carries the plugs and jacks FYI.

http://www.mouser.com/Connectors/Headers-Wire-Housings/_/N-ay0lo/

Dennis

1 week later
#503 10 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

DennisAZ said:

No problem the other tabs should hold it tight enough. I don't think it is worth the effort of replacing.
Mouser Electronics carries the plugs and jacks FYI.
http://www.mouser.com/Connectors/Headers-Wire-Housings/_/N-ay0lo/
Dennis

Hey thanks for posting the link. I'am gonna have to call them ,as I cant find the one for J2. Does it just unplug from the board or is it soldered?

I'm not quite sure what you are looking for. I don't have a High Speed machine. I'm guessing that you are looking for a replacement header. From your picture it is a 4 pin X 1 row. You would need to measure the pitch between the pins. I'm guessing 3.96mm. Filtering the Mouser link, I get:

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/26-60-4040/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMs%252bGHln7q6pm%252bS0pk2Wo0XxOtobA9PVs7w%3d

This would be just one example. It would need to be soldered to the board.

Dennis

9 months later
#665 9 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

I love those ramps! I'm kind of torn as I have a crack in my black ramp so I could justify it. However my playfield really only has wear around the back loop as it wasn't mylared like the rest, so I'm afraid with the clear ramp it would be too noticable.

I think there might be something called paint that might help your situation.

#667 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Need a little bling for your High Speed?

IMG_0424.JPG 54 KB
IMG_0573.JPG 98 KB

Quoted from skywelker:

What is this 'paint' you speak of? Actually playfield touchups scare me, not sure why. I guess it's because I'm not much of an artist but I'd rather do a playfield swap!

Mark has said he tried painting one of the clear ramps. However, he didn't report how successful it was. But with a clear or transparent ramp, you can do things like this:

Bay Door Open.jpgBay Door Open.jpg

I did this on my Space Station.

#669 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Now that's the way to light up the ramp. Didn't you rig it to light when the ramp gate dropped? How's your lit station holding up? That was a great mod.

All 4 of my mods for the Space Station have been working without a glitch. They came out much better than I expected. The lit up toy space station was my first. It has been working for just over a year now. I thought I would have to polish the copper clad board. So far not needed.

Yes the ramp is only lit when the drop target (bay door open) is down. OFF when the bay door is closed. I did add an extra dimmer to the ramp LEDs. I have the brightness turned down from what the above picture shows.

I'm a little surprised that there weren't more comments about the sound controlled speaker LED mod. I really like them. And thanks Paul for your positive comments.

Dennis

pic2.jpgpic2.jpg

#683 9 years ago
Quoted from EdisonArcade:

Sign me up!
I'm paying attention to your AWESOME mods. Nice work.
I have owned my Space Station for about 3 weeks now and have so far rebuilt PS, flippers, pops, waiting on LEDs and probably gotta spring for the speaker upgrade. Such cool music. I bought a clear blue ramp from Freeplay40 (lucky timing, huh?) I want to light it up like yours sometime in the future.

Thanks for the compliment. I'll help with any questions you might have.
Dennis

1 month later
#727 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Blame it on that cold front that came through.

Cold front??? What is a cold front?

2 months later
#843 9 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

RCA1 said:

I don't know this game, but are you sure you don't mean "diodes" instead of "capacitors"?

Yes, I think that was it. I removed one and Radio Shack had some

Diodes are directional. Make sure you put the diodes in with the correct direction.

1 month later
#994 9 years ago
Quoted from BCpinhead:

In follow-up this is the diagram I'm referring to. How to test for the 5.9v AC?
I should mention that in testing one wire at a time to ground on AC I got:
yellow = 4.75v approx
yellow white = 0.45 v but as low as 0.3v??

If you want to, you could disconnect the connectors coming from the transformer. Then from your diagram measure the AC voltage at 7P3.

7P3: (pins 1 & 2 are in parallel as are pins 3 & 4) measure either yellow to either yellow/white
pins 1-3 or 1-4 measure 5.9 AC volts
pins 2-3 or 2-4 measure 5.9 AC volts

I suspect there may be some kind of short in the GI circuit. Are the lights in "condition green" also dim?

2 months later
#1080 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Hey, I purchased a six-diode LED pad in blue to place behind my blue spinout dish on Taxi - help me locate a 12v source that I can tie it into???? The pad just has two bare wires on the end - I don't want it to blink, but stay on all the time while the game's on. I think the flashers are 12v but I want a steady "on" not flashing in tandem with the flasher bulbs.

Thanks!

On both of my machines, I added a 110 volt outlet that is switched on when the machine is turned on. There is a connector plug going to the main power transformer that has a jumper for 110 volts. I tied into this for the extra outlet. Then I plugged in a 12 volt wall wart for my external power supply. This isolates it from all the other power supplies in the machine. If you need less than 12 volts, just add a different wall wart. Just make sure the amp rating of the wall wart is larger than what the circuit requires. You should also wire the outlet correctly with respect to the hot and neutral.

Goodwill is a good source for cheap wall warts.

#1099 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

DennisAZ:

Wow, that is a good idea also - I'm not that electronically inclined so I think I'll stick with the DK power tap plug-in thingy..........thanks though for the idea! I had no clue that finding 12v was a bit more than just tying into a pre-existing light somewhere!!!

I needed 9 volts for my sound controlled speaker LED light mods. So I used the switched outlet with a 9 volt wall wart:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sound-controlled-speaker-led-lights

I have also used a wall wart with selectable output volts to lower the light level of another LED mod.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette-drag-strip-under-lighting

#1110 8 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

Has anyone here replaced TIP102 before? Are some better than others for replacement?
http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=tip102

I replaced one on my Space Station CPU board that was used for a flasher. The SS schematic has a footnote that it uses special TIP 102s. The one that was burned out was not the "special" ones. I got the special ones from Marco:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/TIP102

Since replacing it I have not had any problems. The CPU board is double layered. Cut the legs off the bad transistor first and desolder them individually. I like to use a solder wick. Then carefully solder in the new one.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-DSB

4 months later
#1245 8 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Hello

Yes. I did order two of the relay boards from Marco and am awaiting their delivery. Just wanted to be ready to install when I get them. I did order the proper connector as well. All parts are on their way.

I suspect that MAYBE the relay board that is now in the backbox was under the playfield.

Sorry for any confusion.

George

This is the company that supplies the relay boards for Marco:

http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DennisAZ.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club?tu=DennisAZ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.