IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChrisS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#117 11 years ago

Diner, RBG, EATPM

Chris

1 year later
#900 9 years ago

I'm still bummed I missed one of these a couple years ago at $650.00. Def a different layout. Very fun to play.

chris

#932 9 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Man, I miss this club. I may have to trade my TAF back for a couple of Sys 11 games. Just an awesome era of pinball!

I was playing a party animal the other day and it's amazing to me the quantum leap forward that SYS11 machines became. Between the call outs & game play they are just hard to beat.

Chris

#933 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I posted this in another thread, but I thought the sys11 boys might like it.
22 sys11s in a row. The other ones are around the corner.
rd.
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Wow. I see the layout has changes RD.

I've been to Dave's place and it is truly a sight to see. 1 long row of System 11 machines. It's breathtaking. Oh and the rest of his collection isn't to shabby either.

Chris

1 week later
#968 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Almost. Just need a decent PINBOT.
If anyone has one at a decent price, and can drop to either Los Angeles, Savannah, Houston or New Jersey freight depot for me, drop me a pm.
rd.

You find a Bad Cats?

2 months later
#1072 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

What does one do when one has a few hours to spare?
Move all your System 11 pins into order of manufacture of course!
Starting with High Speed right up to Rollergames along this wall. A few gaps for machines that are in the workshop. The black top Ballys are on the other wall ...
rd.
image.jpg

OMG. I would have loved to be there to help with the move. What a great way to do it.

#1077 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Chris!
I've been meaning to do it for ages, then I'd go to do it, look at 25 odd machines, and go do something else instead.
The whole room is re-orientated since you were here last time. I worked out I could get more in with a different layout, so I moved them all. There are 94 in there now, with gaps left for the missing ones ... Will be 100ish when they all move into the room.
Sweet!
rd.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Dave I love it.

I love that you can walk in now and with the internal rows spun you can see the SYS11 row on the back row.

Was it trial and error to find out that you could make more of the space? Or did you map it out on paper?

chris

#1088 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

We had 100+ people here for Pincade in March, and the flow around the long rows wasn't good. So I thought "how about turning them...?"
I got a plan of the house and drew the new layout on there ... Turned out I could get more machines in, and increase the flow of people. The original plan allowed 100 machines, with nothing else. This way, I have 100 (or slightly more) and also have room for the sofa in the corner. Nice one.
rd.

Sounds like it's time for another trip to NZ.

1 month later
#1140 8 years ago

I think I commented in here on my small System 11 collection.

Just added another. Dr. Dude.

Anyone have some extra parts for this title. Plastics? Mix Master?

That puts me to 7
Dr. Dude
ES
Radical
BC
Diner
EATPM
Riverboat Gambler

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/23002

#1143 8 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

How is your ramp? I will have a pretty nice one (not perfect) available in the near future.

Believe it or not but my ramp is in amazing shape. That can't be safe for the mix master spinner. Why did anyone thing that a ball dropping on plastic wouldn't be a problem I'll never know.

Yeah this one is average condition. Wear at the magnet and then at the islands where the ball drops from the ramps.

Again with that type of wear I would have thought the ramp would have had damage.

#1144 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

How you liking dude? It's on my list but never quite sure about it. Also diner.

Well I have always wanted one. I think it's a fun machine with interesting art. Can't wait to get it home and take the top side down and clean and LED it.

Diner is a fantastic machine. Love it so much. That is another one that could use a tear down. I keep hoping playfielda are comb so I just keep waiting. Guess I just need to bite the bullet and order some bits for it and clean it up.

Chris

2 months later
#1172 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

My Pinbot arrived from New Jersey yesterday.
I now officially have all 30 System 11 pinball machines in my house.
rd
image.jpeg

Congrats RD.

That is a fantastic goal and achievement ESP. when your working deals across the big pond like that.

Dave's collection is outstanding and the space he built for it is really nicely done.
chris

1 week later
#1210 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Okay, but would you make an exception for the GI connector? Seems like an IDC replacement would burn, same as the original.

Also remember these machines were on for 16 hours a days for years on end. This is why those connectors burned or ended up with cold solder joints.

In the home environment the amount of hours put on the machine are probably an 1/8 of their former life. I.E. Less wear.

#1261 8 years ago

Yeah its def not super challenging but Dave is right. It has great callouts. The applause sign is also a nice touch.

chris

1 month later
#1327 8 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

My left pop on pinbot will die after about 5 games, stay dead for a bit, then come back on, then go out again. It's really strange

Did you check the wires connected to the selonid that drive the pop? Sounds like a loose wire somewhere.

1 week later
#1332 8 years ago

Hey Dudes,

Looking for some custom cards for the following Sys 11 machines.

Riverboat Gambler
Police Force
Radical
Bad Cats

Anyone have some they have done.

#1334 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I'd love riverboat and Police Force too!

Might have to pimp someone to handle theSe.

#1336 8 years ago

Thanks. Printed.

#1340 8 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

I don't know about these titles but several others can be found here
http://www.pinballcards.com
He has a Tomcat F14 and Whirlwind He may do others for a donation, He has at least one more request for Bad Cats
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballcardscom-custom-instruction-cards

Yeah I have donated for some of his other titles. So at some point I will make a request and donated for the couple I still need.

thanks

1 month later
#1403 8 years ago

Hey Dudes,

Getting ready to put back together my Pool Sharks.

I need some pics of the Talking Shark actuator wire and how it attaches to the coil below. Also my actuator wire is missing. Anyone have a good idea of how to make one or purchase one.

chris

Screen_Shot_2016-02-21_at_8.26.13_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-02-21_at_8.26.13_AM_(resized).png

#1408 8 years ago

That's a really nice looking playfield.

#1410 8 years ago

I've been in for a while but don't think I have posted.

In order of purchase.

Riverboat Gambler (first pin)
EATPM
Police Force
Diner
Earthshaker
Radical
Bad Cats
Pool Sharks
Dr. Dude

3 months later
#1474 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

CPR playfield and backglass, new blue Spin out ramp, both new ramps, plastic set, and topper.

Love the look of a brand new playfield.

3 months later
#1541 7 years ago

Just added number 10 with Cyclone.

Riverboat Gambler
Police Force
Diner
BatCats
Radical
EATPM
Dr. Dude
Pool Sharks
Cyclone
Earthsharker

1 month later
#1573 7 years ago

Picked up a cyclone for the second time.

RBG
Police Force
Diner
Bad Cats
Radical
EATPM
Dr. Dude
Pool Sharks
Cyclone
ES

1 month later
#1608 7 years ago

Anyone have a "subway ramp" for Cyclone. Mine is being held together with duct tape.

1 week later
#1615 7 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

I bought a brand new one from starship fantasy not too long ago. Email Larry to see if they are still in stock.

Thanks. I was able to source one through a private seller. Just leaves one of those for someone else in need.

#1616 7 years ago

Hey All,

Does anyone sell the cyclone drop target decal? Is there someone repo'ing these?

2 weeks later
#1623 7 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Send me your address, I have one for you I never used. I'll mail it out to you. PM sent.

Thanks for the drop sticker. It looks great.

#1624 7 years ago

Added another one to the collection. She's a little rough but it will be a nice addition.

IMG_1606 (resized).JPGIMG_1606 (resized).JPG

#1627 7 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

I have a police force and high speed both of which had removed locks when I bought them. Got the keyless locks from pinball life but they don't hold the door closed. They came with the straight cam, do these titles require the offset cam for the lock? Can someone take a picture?

That's strange because I use all pinball life locks. Does it have a bit of slop in the door? If that's all it is then bend the cam with a couple pairs of vice grips. I've had to do that in the past

1 month later
#1699 7 years ago

Thanks to MGC I now have a SoF.

I'm coming for you Dave.

RBG
Police Force
Diner
Bad Cats
Radical
EATPM
Dr. Dude
Pool Sharks
Cyclone
ES
Gameshow
Swords of Fury

1 week later
#1707 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The more Sys11s the better!
rd

Exactly. And I'll never get there. I'm out of space and it doesn't seem all that cool to have them but have them stored at other people's houses or folded up. My uncle is already holding onto earth shaker. He has room for 2 more if I sell family guy....... Which I'm thinking about doing just to make room for System 11's. it's a real sickness.

8 months later
#1894 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Thanks to MGC I now have a SoF.
I'm coming for you Dave.
RBG
Police Force
Diner
Bad Cats
Radical
EATPM
Dr. Dude
Pool Sharks
Cyclone
ES
Gameshow
Swords of Fury

Just added Jokerz.

Not sure how long it will stick around since I’m out of space. I would really like a taxi, rollergames and then an F-14.

1 month later
#1952 6 years ago

Anyone sitting on a jokerz playfield?

I need one.

Thanks

1 week later
#1969 6 years ago

Just added another. F-14. Looking at a Taxi this weekend.

Radical
Pool Sharks
Gameshow
Dr. Dude
EATPM
Bad Cats
Diner
Police Force
Riverboat Gambler
Swords of Fury
Cyclone
Jokerz
F-14

#1975 6 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Seek help.
For what it's worth, I'm really enjoying my F14. It'll have to go due to space, but it is adrenaline inducing fun!

Yeah I’m looking forward to getting some time on it. I might end up dropping a new play field in it. This hobby is out of control.

#1976 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

I'm really enjoying the two Sys11s I have here ( Space Station and Radical!) and a police force came up nearby-ish...
What do you think of Police Force?

I like police force. It’s not deep but the call outs are fun. It’s also a fun game for group play. We always pull names out of the hat when we play it for the final order. That way it’s fair whoever goes last has a chance at stealing the high score.

It’s a fun shooter and it’s another sys11 in your collection so how do you go wrong.

I miss space station. That layout was just so unique with the slings right against the flippers.

#1984 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Update to the status of my sys11s:
Working:
Road Kings
Millionaire
Radical
Pool Sharks
Transporter the Rescue
Bally Game Show
Bugs Bunny
Dr. Dude
EATPM
Bad Cats
Taxi
Diner
Rollergames
Police Force
Whirlwind
Earthshaker
Riverboat Gambler
Swords of Fury
Big Guns
Space Station
Grand Lizard
High Speed
Pinbot
Cyclone
Mousin Around
Bk2000
Fire
Jokerz
F-14
Under restoration:
Banzai Run

I hate you.

#1991 6 years ago

I have a question for you sys11 gurus.

Diner:
At the end of a ball, after you drain the ball sits in the trough and the game stops making music / sound. Then it sits there doing nothing for about 15 seconds. Then it totals your bonus, gives you your score and moves onto the next ball of player.

This isn’t consistent and happens every 5-7 games after 1 of the balls.

Thoughts?

#1998 6 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

I have never owned a Diner, but I doubt it is supposed to do that. Does it proceed to count up bonus if you jar the game a little? That would probably mean a ball trough switch needs adjusting or might be sticky and just needs replacement. Can't hurt to give 1J8 a look on the CPU for ANY sign of corrosion as well. If ther is any of the green oxidation on it, that will need to be re-pinned. That would be the first 2 things I would do ..GL

Thanks man. Typically even with the shaking it still thinks about it.

Quoted from rotordave:

It’s stuffed mate!
CPU related somehow.
Maybe check the chips and see if any are getting excessively hot. Sounds like one of the processing chips is getting confused and stalling.
Maybe swap out the 6802s (the big ones) carefully with another pin, and see if the problem goes away ....
rd

Thanks RD. Yeah after league last night it did it more and more with the increased play. So maybe it’s heat related.

#1999 6 years ago

Ok. Taxi is home. Somehow I forgot about ES when I made the list.

Radical
Pool Sharks
Gameshow
Dr. Dude
EATPM
Bad Cats
Diner
Police Force
Riverboat Gambler
Swords of Fury
Cyclone
Jokerz
F-14
Taxi
Earthshaker

#2000 6 years ago

Hey all,

Looking for a few things.

Taxi:
Left ramp
Play field - CPR or one that is blown out so I can do a hardtop to it

Jokerz:
Playfield

F-14:
Play field

Thanks for any leads. Just PM me.

2 weeks later
#2028 6 years ago

RD,

Takes some pics of the rows now. I need to see all those babies lined up together. That pic of the Bally cabs looks great.

I won't even make you turn them all on.

#2030 6 years ago

Oh man. I forgot that was going down.

Wish I could be there. Currently waiting to board our private for our tour of Asia.

Good Luck RD.

2E0242F9-3A27-41AB-8C08-FC2389211E9B (resized).jpeg2E0242F9-3A27-41AB-8C08-FC2389211E9B (resized).jpeg

#2034 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey Chris have you ever seen the Journey 1983 Fronters tour video? I know you, the crew and band would really like it. I have it on dvd and have watched it at least a dozen times over the years. How many stops on this tour? Send some pictures if you have time.

Ha pictures.

Not to derail the tread but our current boss tends to keep the scheds tight so we are either traveling to a new country or doing a show in a new country and then the next day I'm traveling to a new country. So here are the amazing pictures of Tokyo from the hotel before heading over to the gig.

IMG_5609 (resized).JPGIMG_5609 (resized).JPG

IMG_5610 (resized).JPGIMG_5610 (resized).JPG

#2035 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Oh, the life of a rock star music guy ...
rd

Exactly. This one made sense since we have about 30 cases we need to ship between cities so the cost of freight, baggage and airline tickets for 26 people adds up to a little bit less than the plane. But if you add in the time to move between cities with connections it makes the day so much shorter. Wish we could do this all the time.

Last time we did a run like this we did 3 continents, 5 countries and 9 shows in 14 days. In the end 2 people had ear infections & the dudes voice was blown out. So we have luckily slowed things down now.

How was the tourney?

1 month later
#2094 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

Will post pics of that when the gameroom is more setup:

I dig the “power-up” foot rests. Very clever.

1 month later
#2199 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

So chriss when you come back to NZ next time, you can play all of them!
rd

Sign me up.

Dave that is an amazing accomplishment. Now I'll never catch you. Now the real question with what the B Run's and Bad Cats command will you just sell them both?

1 week later
#2220 5 years ago

Last call.

I'm looking for someone sitting on an old taxi playfield that is beyond bringing back with touch-up. I'm about to sand down an average one to hardtop it.

Anyone?

1 week later
#2233 5 years ago

Added Fire today.

Radical
Pool Sharks
Gameshow
Dr. Dude
EATPM
Bad Cats
Diner
Police Force
Riverboat Gambler
Swords of Fury
Cyclone
Jokerz
F-14
Taxi
Earthshaker
Fire

#2236 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Over half way there champ!
rd

Ha. Slowly but sure wins the race. Actually when I picked up the Fire the seller had a Banzai Run........I didn't even want to ask.

#2237 5 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

I'll see your 16 sys11's and raise you 5.

#2242 5 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

What, no Whirlwind?

To be honest. WW isn't one of my favor machines. I know i'm not odd many out but I am. So that is always further down the list of wants on my part. Don't you worry.......I'm working on it........

chris

6 months later
#2512 5 years ago

This weeks project. Taking 2 and making 1.

IMG_7688 (resized).JPGIMG_7688 (resized).JPG
#2513 5 years ago

Added RollerGames today. This one will be next weeks project. It should clean up pretty nicely.

Radical
Pool Sharks
Gameshow
Dr. Dude
EATPM
Bad Cats
Diner
Police Force
Riverboat Gambler
Swords of Fury
Cyclone
Jokerz
F-14
Taxi
Earthshaker
Fire
Rollergames
IMG_7686 (resized).JPGIMG_7686 (resized).JPG

#2517 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Jokerzzzz is hands down the best bang for buck Sys11 out there. Great game.

You’re catching up to me dude .. you’ll need that bigger house down south you were talking about.
rd

That is the scary thing. We are looking at land. Which means room to build an outbuilding. I guess it will have to be as long as one row for all the system 11's. Then I can just drop them in as I find them.

Being over 1/2 way feels like a feat unto itself.

#2520 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Are you going for it, too? All of them?

I mean I love system 11’s. So I might as well pursue them all........ just means I have to have titles like pool sharks & bugs bunny.

#2526 5 years ago

I asked this in the Jokerz thread but does someone make sling protectors for it. It seems to me those slings are in danger of damage since they hang out over the playfield. I know system 11 machines used them in a few machines so I would mind having a few sets.

Also is there a RollerGames club? I’m looking for a protector for the droptarget bank as well.

#2541 5 years ago
Quoted from Deerlakes6:

My dynamic duo....so great having them together...System 11 at it's best
[quoted image]

Both amazing games. Although Atlantis isnt a sys11. It’s 6803. Feels like a sys11 though. And it’s still a great machine.

3 weeks later
#2644 5 years ago

is there a pool sharks club?

3 months later
#2774 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Hey all, I had a full tear down of playfield pics of my Bally Game Show. Not that too many are working hard on GS, I thought i'd toss this link in for others.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xdfXZXW2YhcLfe5zORlQx0z1HD8K2ldb?usp=sharing

Thanks. I have my touched up and clear coated playfield back (Not that many are doing that ) and will need to do a playfield swap in my near future.

6 months later
#2908 4 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

Here is the Williams side.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice stuff. Sweet Jesus between you and Rotordave you are sucking up all the Sys11's out there and hoarding them on your island.

LEAVE SOME FOR THE REST OF US.

#2909 4 years ago

Bad Cats.

Does anyone know if the Williams 5 bank drop target rest ledge is available for sale? I can't seem to find the Williams one to fix my bad cats.

I see the Stern ones. Will they work? I don's see a Williams reference #.

thanks for the insight.

1 month later
#3013 4 years ago

Does anyone has a source on a Gameshow “car” drop target sticker?

I need a new one.

#3014 4 years ago

Posted this over in the playfield thread.

Hey All,
Game Show playfield I pulled out of my machine. This one actually is in pretty good shape. If yours is blown out you could easily drop this one in and be in good shape. Mylar, bubbling and some ball trails but overall decent.
Or hang it on the wall.

I'm thinking $250 + shipping since this really could go back into a machine.

IMG_1470 (resized).JPGIMG_1470 (resized).JPGIMG_1471 (resized).JPGIMG_1471 (resized).JPGIMG_1472 (resized).JPGIMG_1472 (resized).JPGIMG_1473 (resized).JPGIMG_1473 (resized).JPGIMG_1474 (resized).JPGIMG_1474 (resized).JPGIMG_1475 (resized).JPGIMG_1475 (resized).JPGIMG_1476 (resized).JPGIMG_1476 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#3043 4 years ago

Anyone have a lead on the Car Drop Target decal for gameshow?

IMG_3571 (resized).JPGIMG_3571 (resized).JPG
#3058 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Booooooom!!

rd[quoted image]

Yes

9 months later
#3217 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Just thought I’d ask this here: does anyone else replace Tnuts w just a nut and washer under Pf?
I’m restoring a diner and have multiple cracked screws posts. I heat the tnut before unscrewing, but some crack off (the posts).
Any reason to NOT just reattach the new post w a nut under pf?

I’ve done this in a few instances. A lot of time the Tnut was used because it’s under a mech plate or near some type of switch you don’t want coming into contact with that post or any extra metal.

It’s just an open Playfield underneath you should be fine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChrisS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club?tu=ChrisS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.