IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chosen_S.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#605 9 years ago

Sign me up!

High Speed
Space Station

Love em all!!!

4 months later
#813 9 years ago

Im about to add a Radical to the lineup, any cool additions or mods out there for it?

3 weeks later
#820 9 years ago

I just added Radical! to my list

but I had to let f-14 off to make it happen, Im realy enjoying Radical, its not super challenging but it's just really fun and quick, I have it setup on a really really steep incline, I'm guessing an 8% grade? it made the game play just as wacky as it looks

I'm in the process of adding in the 3rd slingshot, as of right now, I just need to wire it up. I'm thinking of adding in the VUK, but i'm not sure what all parts I need, and I believe I need special prototype roms that I dont really want to use, if anyone has a simple way of making the mod happen, please let me know!!!

1 week later
#829 9 years ago

I just added the third kicker in my Radical!
It works ok, it's not really strong, but I'm not sure it needs to be.

Does anyone here have a radical, and installed the third kicker, and can let us know their experience?

1 week later
#865 9 years ago

I'm selling a high speed on the market if anyone is looking for a nice one

2 weeks later
#891 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

System 11 number 28 just arrived from Houston, Texas.
Only two more to go now!
rd.
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Im coming to visit you when you have all 30, I keep telling my wife that we are going to take a 2 month trip to NZ, she just laughs at me, but I'm dead serious

#894 9 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I joined the System 11 club a while back when I got a Pinbot project, but left the club when I sold it a few months later as a slightly improved project.
But, I rejoined this club via buying a Fire! locally a couple weeks ago. And I'm picking up a Dr. Dude this weekend.
Trivia question (that I don't know the answer to): Is Fire! the only S11 game that has any kind of ball save?

Space station

#902 9 years ago

Starting on the proto mod for Radical!

Need help, please post here for any advice... Also I need a few parts: a system 11 vuk, and a subway (not sure which I need)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-prototype-vuk-and-3rd-sling-add-on

Any help is most appreciated!

#910 9 years ago

I'm looking for a System 11 VUK extension mounting bracket assembly for adding in the VUK to Radical

Can anyone please help me...

Thank you!

IMG_9341.PNGIMG_9341.PNG

#931 9 years ago

Someone please sell me a Swords of Fury, my Family really wants one

#939 9 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Any one know off hand what apron this goes with?
The shooter gauge is for an F-14, but the apron isn't. (was supposed to be.)
001.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
002.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
Edit - Looks like PinBot

looks like BOP too

1 week later
#957 9 years ago

Just added in a keeper... Swords of Fury!!!

Post mods to yours, and maybe some links to hard to find parts, like spinner decals, and the upper PF Decal

#978 9 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I parted with my Taxi and Pin*Bot this Saturday. I was sad to see them go, but they went to a good cause: my friend's new barcade. I think the Pingods must have witnessed my act of "kindness" as the very next day a Swords of Fury fell into my lap.
I'm pretty stoked. I'll miss Taxi and Pin*Bot, but I know they will be back in my possession one day. For now, "LIONMAN".

I recently got a SOF too!!! I love the game so much, frequently, I'll get up in the middle of the night to go play a few games... that's right, I get out of bed and go to the garage barefoot out of a dead sleep

#989 9 years ago
Quoted from BCpinhead:

In follow-up this is the diagram I'm referring to. How to test for the 5.9v AC?
I should mention that in testing one wire at a time to ground on AC I got:
yellow = 4.75v approx
yellow white = 0.45 v but as low as 0.3v??
schematic1.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

I had issues with my gi on Space Station, I had to replace the relay under the pf, and pushed all the connectors back in real tight everywhere. Don't know if this helps

1 month later
#1006 8 years ago

Road kings for 2k??? Am I off my rocker or is that too high?

Hazoff, I'm really confused about your collection. Looks like you've been around the block and fell in love with system 11... I hope you get a SOF some day and join that club too

1 week later
#1019 8 years ago
Quoted from Silvercoin:

Added a new System 11 to the collection!! BK2K!!

032.JPG

Every time I see a photo of this game I get the song stuck in my head!

badadow, duhduhduhduhduhduhduhddaduhdadaaaaaa, dadaaaaadaadadaaaaduuuuuuuu

#1025 8 years ago

Son of a gun! Took forever to get my few

What system 11 do you guys think is the hardest to acquire ???

2 weeks later
#1103 8 years ago
Quoted from ejacques:

Sign me up!
Just bought a Diner and I'm living it!

I'd live my Space Station if I were an astronaut, I Lived my Radical when I was a kid, but I hope to never Live my Earthshaker.

Oh... and if I had a Road Kings, I'd have Lived that last weekend

3 months later
#1157 8 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

Sign me up!
Space Station is my first and only machine, got it for cleaning out a basement.

Welcome! Space station is my favorite game, says a lot from the looks of a few of the games I have... Once you get good at the left dock shot and the ramp shot, the game starts to sing, amazing!

4 weeks later
#1170 8 years ago

I'm coming to live at your house, booking my flight right now, I'll bring spare parts and wax to pay room and board

Quoted from rotordave:I havent got room for the last 20 haha
They are about to take over my garage.
My 2009 Lexus has never seen the inside of a garage ... And it looks like it never will
rd

#1176 8 years ago

I'll recap my system 11's

Space Station
Earthshaker
Radical!
Swords of (Fun)Fury... LIONMAN!!!

had to sell: F-14 Tomcat
Want: Whirlwind, Rollergames, Pinbot... all of the system 11 games actually

Quoted from rotordave:

Excellent! Be prepared to work hard, it's pretty much a full time job looking after them all.
rd

If only I didn't live 1/2 way across the globe, I'd fix em and shine em all up, then do it again... congrats on all 30 games!

#1193 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Truck Stop isn't an 11. It's a Bally game.
Every Sys11 has its good points. So I like em all. Millionaire is at the bottom though.
rd

Congrats on finding Radical, I'm sure that one was tough. Which was the hardest to track down?

1 week later
#1209 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I've done both. Even with gi I think idc is fine. Especially in home use and with LEDs.

I was about to say, if you use LED's, then the current draw is quite a bit less, and will extend the life of the connector

1 week later
#1281 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

13! Wow! What sort of man would collect that many Sys11s! Must be craaaaaazy!
rd

Ha! I have a lowly 3, keep having to sell them to achieve getting them...

Oh yeah! I heard there was an Aussie somewheres that has them all!!! Crazy fella!

#1284 8 years ago

Boy! I know how to plant a foot in mouth pretty well!

Thanks, I got lucky with the condition of my radical... About to place the wireform and vertical up kicker back in it that was omitted from the factory

#1286 8 years ago

Anyone have tips on fixing bubbles in the Mylar on an Nos pf??

image.jpgimage.jpg

3 weeks later
#1313 8 years ago
Quoted from BCpinhead:

I figured out that the white w green dash powers the translite backlighting. The white w purple dash powers left playfield GI, I thought white w yellow powers the right side GI but I need to get into the molex connection with my dmm and it is very hard to get in there...tomorrow's job.

image.jpeg

There's also a relay if memory serves, I think it's connected under the playfield, I had to clean my pins on it really well and replace the connector on it I believe... It's been a few years though

#1318 8 years ago
Quoted from BonVivant:

Sign me up! if this is still going
New to the game, but loving my F-14 lots

Such a cool iconic brutally hard game. I have never had a game on one that lasted more than 3 min

1 week later
#1335 8 years ago

Radical is out there, I'll look around again

Ahhh... Found it

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-radical-custom-pricingrules-cards

3 months later
#1431 8 years ago

System 11 Gurus, I need some help getting my Radical! back up and running

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-please-system-11-radical

2 months later
#1482 7 years ago

Radical! is my go to, sometimes it's the only game that even exists to me.

Don't give me wrong, I like all my other games just as well. But there's something about the pure simplicity of the system 11 range that really captures the art of pinball design In almost every way. I wish a few developers would reach back in time to create more games from the s11 platform

7 months later
#1630 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Is there a way to adjust how hard the trough kicker kicks out the ball? My Taxi is now bouncing the ball off the wall and then it goes back into the trough. On my High Speed, sometimes it would barely pop the ball and so it would sit on the ledge.

It's not the coil power, it's the trough, the Angle of the metal right next to the shooter lane needs to be adjusted just right, my radical does it and so does my space station, sometimes I just have to pull glass and bend the angle toward me

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#1690 7 years ago
Quoted from SPeD66:

I've yet to meet a woman who enjoys pinball that doesn't like Taxi. Taxi is girlfriend/wife/daughter approved.... ALWAYS.

Not in my house, my wife can't stand it. Discovered that this weekend, who knew!?!
Could have picked up a Marilyn at tpf, but was shot down

2 weeks later
#1701 7 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Thanks to MGC I now have a SoF.
I'm coming for you Dave.
RBG
Police Force
Diner
Bad Cats
Radical
EATPM
Dr. Dude
Pool Sharks
Cyclone
ES
Gameshow
Swords of Fury

You're about a 3rd of the way! Nice

3 weeks later
#1713 6 years ago

Hey guys!
I'm looking for a nice High Speed Backglass

Any one out there?

2 months later
#1776 6 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

I picked up a Fire!, my 3rd different system 11 over the last couple years. It has some issues and I'm working through them but my skills are limited. Currently the issue is the lower left kicker (sling) is not firing. It's a special solenoid. The other specials are the 3 other kickers and they are ok. I'm good at following directions so what I have so far is I can fire the solenoid by grounding at the solenoid lug and then I grounded the tab of Q77 and it fired so power and wiring ok. I metered Q77 and Q76 pre-driver and they were within the accepted ranges on the system 11 repair guide. So from what I gathered the next step is to test the 7402? chip at U50 that controls Q77 and Q79. I have a logic probe (LP-560) I've never used yet and I cannot find what I should be looking for in testing on the various pins. I can't make anything from the schematics. I want to actually narrow down and find the problem before replacing components. I've read of cases when everything in line is replaced but there are still issues. Sorry if this has been referenced already. Thanks.
Edit: Also to add it does not fire when the switches are hit also. Verified continuity to IJ18 across 7 and 8 when switches at kicker hit. To test at connector I made a jumper to do a quick short across 7 and 8 and nothing happened. Made sure I was doing it right as a quick hit across 7 and 9 fired the right kicker. So definitely in the board just not sure how to test.

Sounds like the u50 is the culprit just from reading your findings... I don't understand how to follow the high and low with the logic probe either, I'd love a tutorial on how to read that side of logic so I can stop asking the same questions as well. If it were mine I'd replace the pre driver of q77 and test, if that's not it, remove u50 socket it and replace, if that doesn't work,(goes with out saying) there's a problem higher up

8 months later
#2059 6 years ago

I’m starting a Transporter project, next to impossible to find parts... please help an insane person out

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transporter-the-rescue-rescue

4897A551-04AA-4725-BC21-D01EE074DC70 (resized).jpeg4897A551-04AA-4725-BC21-D01EE074DC70 (resized).jpeg

#2069 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Damn, you better wear a breathing filter mask and gloves when you tear into that.

Bro, you have no idea how excited I am to have this project, even if I find a full machine, I’m still going through with the process. But I need parts!!!

Anyone have a 3 bank drop target set from whirlwind, Radical, pool sharks, big guns? I just need 1 more set, including the opto board that comes on it, for a decent price ??

74F3B9C0-FB5C-45E3-B6C8-33BB3C9D37B3 (resized).png74F3B9C0-FB5C-45E3-B6C8-33BB3C9D37B3 (resized).png

D7AB6059-7AAE-41B1-AD2D-E95B22100DE9 (resized).pngD7AB6059-7AAE-41B1-AD2D-E95B22100DE9 (resized).png

#2071 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Radical (System 11C) has different boards to the one you've pictured that uses a single connector in the middle for both power and signalling:

Space Station (System 11B) uses the same board as you've pictured (I think):

You’re right! Thanks, so yes, I need the one I pictured, omit Radical

#2073 6 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Marco had a universal one that is supposed to work with many System 11 games but they are out of stock.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-13205-1
Not that you care, but I had to pay a bit more than this for a Whirlwind specific opto off of Ebay today. Boo.

Thank you!

A few gracious pinsider sold me theirs!

Now I need the bowl that goes on top of the crossover ramp and various plastics

#2078 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

If I decide not to do the cover I will give you the one I have....It's not perfect but better than nothing!

Quoted from Chosen_S:

Thank you!
A few gracious pinsider sold me theirs!
Now I need the bowl that goes on top of the crossover ramp and various plastics

Yes It’s coming along! Doing my best to collect every part... the plastics are going to be the biggest challenge.

dozer1 Freeplay40 if you guys don’t figure out a way to reproduce this piece, I’ll jump in and help figure out something!

#2085 6 years ago

I need a system 11b, but I Have an 11c

Anyone have a parts list of what to populate the sound section with?

1 week later
#2092 6 years ago

I need ramps for Transporter... all three except the crossover, can a few of you fellows that need ramps for transporter please send Freeplay40 a message or post on his ramp thread that you are interested?!?

He has the ramps in question and can produce them if there’s enough interest...

Or if you want to sell me yours, I will take the 2 that are on the rear left, the one on the right I might attempt making a wire form , maybe. Maybe not

#2099 6 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Still working on a Space Station with boot up issues. It will only boot randomly. What I have just found is that if I leave the machine on for an hour (in the state where the cpu didn't boot), when I come back to it, it seems to boot fine. So, something seems to be heating up and then making the required connection for the cpu to boot. Does that point to a cracked solder joint somewhere on cpu, or a power supply issue?
Voltages seems good, and power supply caps have been replaced.

Check for burnt connectors going to and from the transformer, or cold solder joints on the power supply board

2 weeks later
#2131 5 years ago
Quoted from Sk0r:

While I was in a finally-repairing-this-damn-pinball mood, I pulled out the interconnect board which always had connectors in bad shape, including one that's preventing playfield GI from working:
- J6 wires have always been soldered directly to the pins (working fine afaik)
- J7 always had 3 wires directly soldered to the pins as well (working fine afaik)
- J9 had a proper connector but one of the pin burnt at some point. When I tried to unplug the connector, the pin came with it (not working!)
Upon taking out the interconnect board, my plan was to fully replace J7 and J9 male and female connectors with trifurcon connectors. J6 I'm not sure, it sounds very painful to do this "looped" wiring (one wire shared by 2 pins) with trifurcon so I planned on just cutting them and use terminal block strips to re-assemble them (not touching the soldered wires which seem to work fine, although yes yes I know it's not the perfect way).
Anyway, now that I finally saw the back of the interconnect board for the first time, I don't think I'm up for the task with my beginner's skills in soldering. I did manage to successfully replace a pop bumper transistor once, but that's pretty much all I ever did as far as board job is concerned.
Pics are attached. Do you think I can pull this one off or I should send it for repair because the damage level requires expert hands?
Thanks!

First off, you’ll never get good, if you don’t jump in and go slow.

Get all of your parts together before you start

Get solder braid, and wic (clean) up the solder around the pins. Use solder flux, it helps the solder flow better.

Get some locking foreceps to grip, hold and pull pins.

It doesn’t look like the solder pad is gone from the pin that pulled out, that’s a good sign.

Heat up each pin and pull them one by one when the solder is hot.

Clean up all of the holes really good before setting in the new sets of pins

#2135 5 years ago
Quoted from Sk0r:

OK so I didn't know soldering braid even existed haha. This seems to make desoldering an absolute breeze. All I have is a cheap solder sucker for now but I will buy some soldering braid asap along with some flux. Dumb questions again:
When desoldering, I should first apply flux then desolder using the braid? Once the solder is gone and connector removed, should I clean the pads that had burnt pins? If yes, how?
Also, do you know what's the patch-up job on the top right of the third pic? The two wires connecting two different connectors.

You’re correct, apply flux, I use a q-tip., heat up backside of pin where the solder is, remove pin. Rinse and repeat for the rest of the pins. Place braid on the solder and heat up the braid, the solder will flow into the braid And remove it self from the board. Doing this enough will clean the solder pads. If you feel you need to do more cleaning to the pads, you can use a fiberglass pen to brush over the area.

Quoted from Buzz:

It's a bypass because it looks like the line on the board is no good. Very common. Use very fine solder on the board and don't forget to OHM your work to make sure nothing is touching. Go for it you will feel great when you do.

Yes

3 weeks later
#2172 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Added a sweet System 11 tonight. Bad Cats!

Wow, and a Proto type back glass?!

#2176 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Wait, what? If you mean the one on the wall, that's a print. It's signed and numbered by Python Anghelo. I've had it for years and always wanted to add a Bad Cats pin next to it.
If that's not what you're referencing, I'm interested to hear about it
Chris

I meant the print on the wall, I thought it was a proto . Still very, very cool

2 months later
#2294 5 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

You need to remove the warming resistors.

And in some cases place a resistor between the legs on the flasher

***Don’t remember where I read this

1 week later
#2328 5 years ago

Does anyone know if a sound board 11581-2003 will swap over to a 11581-2008??

Taking boards from a gameshow over to a transporter

Thanks y’all

#2338 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Does anyone know if a sound board 11581-2003 will swap over to a 11581-2008??
Taking boards from a gameshow over to a transporter
Thanks y’all

Bump

1 month later
#2452 5 years ago

Hey fellas, and gals... I need to buy a system 11B mpu, working...

I’m building a Transporter the rescue from scratch, I have almost every single piece except the MPU the left and right ramps, and plastic set.

Me and another fellow have taken many many steps on getting the plastic set reproduced, it won’t be long until we have all of the photo shopping and vectorizing finished.

Please let me know if you’ve got anything I need, thank you

#2455 5 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

Love to see the plastic reproduction process - actually love to find someone to reproduce some plastic ramps!

Freeplay40 will soon start on the left and right ramps!

The crossover ramp is already made and in stores.

The plastics have taken all summer, I think maybe spring we will have a first print???

1 week later
#2469 5 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Definitely, I can see damage on U41 and SRC 2 and 5. This board should be repaired by an experienced tech. Need a value in it's current condition.

I’ll give ya $200 for it

I really need a system 11B folks

2 months later
#2503 5 years ago

anyone know where I can find this post bracket for sale circled in red?... it has a threaded middle hole for the metal post

E5D8E64C-9386-4BDB-9000-D1CE367E03AB (resized).jpegE5D8E64C-9386-4BDB-9000-D1CE367E03AB (resized).jpeg
#2505 5 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I’ll double check when I get home. I may have one

That would be amazing, I believe I may need 2, I can check tomorrow

Thank you !

#2507 5 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I’ll double check when I get home. I may have one

A kind familiar soul has supplied the part. Thank you for offering, very kind

Thanks for this , I’ve never seen that part

1 month later
#2639 5 years ago

System 11 test bench, a friend of mine has this, cool stuff

AA5F275C-F9FE-467F-8ED2-306EF3AE8BE4 (resized).jpegAA5F275C-F9FE-467F-8ED2-306EF3AE8BE4 (resized).jpeg
4 weeks later
#2709 5 years ago

I’m think of adding a headphone jack to each of my system 11 collection, anyone know where to start?

3 weeks later
#2745 5 years ago

Transporter plastics, the full set... is available over on the transporter club thread

6 months later
#2865 4 years ago
1 month later
#2891 4 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

Transporter has landed![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WOW, Im going to need to see more pictures of your line up...

and more pictures of your boat!

#2906 4 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

Damn Transporter transports it's self anywhere!

Badass line up and boat!!! Nice sharkin!

3 months later
#3053 4 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

Thanks, Grumpy. I’ll go with 1n4007.

I believe the nomenclature denotes the voltage the diode can handle:

1n4001:100v
1n4004:350-400v
1n4007:700-1000v@1a
The 1n4007 is the most robust of the 3 being built to handle high voltage as well as being able to last longer

2 years later
#3622 1 year ago

I have a problem with my Radical!, if anyone can please help or wants to sticky this once I fix the issue...

All solenoids and flashers stopped working, in attract mode as well as when starting a game

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-no-solenoids-working#post-6941690

GRUMPY any help for a bumbling fool? Hehe (grumpy is the man by the way!)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chosen_S.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club?tu=Chosen_S and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.