IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Boise_D.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#598 9 years ago

Sign me up! Taxi first, and now Jokerz! a few days ago. I bought Jokerz! without ever playing that title, or seeing it played, so I could keep the wife and kid hooked on pinball.

Post edited by Boise_D: Missed a word

5 months later
#823 9 years ago

Jokerz pin. Can anyone tell me the correct capacitors to get for the upper playfield switches (ace, king, queen)?

#842 9 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I don't know this game, but are you sure you don't mean "diodes" instead of "capacitors"?

Yes, I think that was it. I removed one and Radio Shack had some

3 months later
#1055 8 years ago

Just noticed that the diode on trough ball eject coil is broken. It's standing nearly straight up. Can believe I didn't notice that before now. But it still works just fine. Is this surprising that it would still work? I'll be fixing that of course, and wondering what else it affected.

#1063 8 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

Just noticed that the diode on trough ball eject coil is broken. It's standing nearly straight up. Can believe I didn't notice that before now. But it still works just fine. Is this surprising that it would still work? I'll be fixing that of course, and wondering what else it affected.

oh boy.. so I "fixed" that diode issue without checking first. There is no diode needed on that coil for ES. Somebody put an AE1-23-800 in there and just disconnected it on purpose. When I ran through the coil test with an unnecessary diode in there, it smoked. I quickly shut it off and removed it again. Now other things are acting strange. I get the same flasher flashing now often while running the coil test, when it should be coils popping. Is that a relay problem? So many things wrong with my poor ES now. I need a more disciplined approach. What's Clay's phone number again?

2 weeks later
#1105 8 years ago

Is there a “How to check voltage” for dummies link? I’d like to learn how to do the basics better. Which DMM settings, and how to check each pin for the right power.
Today, I'm troubleshooting EarthShaker.
1) I have checked fuses (even discovered that the manual has a slight difference on pg. 41 & 75, regarding the right fuse for F2/F3 - slow blow or not)
2) Using information from Clay's site, I also figured out how to set my DMM and check resistance, and discovered that Q25 transistor is shorted.
3) I also tried to check coils, but my DMM readings were all over the place. I'll try again another day.

#1107 8 years ago

Has anyone here replaced TIP102 before? Are some better than others for replacement?
http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=tip102

#1108 8 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Should read between 3.5 and 5 ohms

Yes - this is how I was trying to measure, but I kept getting a lot of zero reading. Didn't seem right, maybe I was doing it wrong.

5 months later
#1314 8 years ago

Looking for some troubleshooting advice on Diner. As I step through the single lamp test, whenever I light any lamp on any row, the lamp from that row, column 5 will light along with it.
Example:
If I light anything from Row 2, Babs will also light (Babs is row 2, column 5)
If I light anything from Row 3, Boris will also light with it (Boris is row 3, column 5).

At first I thought maybe I had an unintentional wiring connection, but it seems so consistent.
Any suggestions on where to look?

9 months later
#1536 7 years ago

Looking for some troubleshooting help on a Diner machine.
Symptom: whenever any controlled lamp lights, the lamp from the same row, in column 5, will light along with it.

I barely know how to use a logic probe. I wasn't sure which settings to use, but I removed the connector 1J7 and tested the pins. Pin 6 was always high, unlike all the others.

A few weeks ago I had the transistor in that circuit, q58, replaced because it tested short. At the time I thought maybe q57 (upstream from q58) was bad too, but it doesn't test as a short, and both legs read the same as the other lamp column transistors near it.

What should I do next? I've pulled the board but I can put it back.
Test the next chip in line (u52 I think)? How do I test that?
Replace q57 even though it doesn't test bad?

I'd appreciate some good advice.

#1539 7 years ago

no, only the Q58 transistor was replaced

8 months later
#1739 6 years ago

That Title Fight kicks ass, btw...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Boise_D.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club?tu=Boise_D and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.