IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BCpinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#985 9 years ago

Hi Everyone,
I was hoping someone in the club here could help me with my Space Station - I'm having a problem with very low GI voltage, like down to 2.5v on the play field and 3.5 on the backbox lighting.

I have installed an xpin power supply and also re-capped the aux power driver board and replaced the 4pin molex connector that was pretty toasted - (the one that comes off the power supply board 4 yellow wires).

Can someone please tell me how to test a system 11 transformer to verify output at the recommended 5.9v for the GI circuit? There are 4 yellow wires coming off the transformer (2 yellow, 2 yellow/white), the schematic on page 70 of the manual says 5.9v but I don't get 5.9 v when individually testing each wire as open voltage with my dmm (on v AC). I think I have to pair up the 4 wires into two and measure that output. But I'm not sure what wires to pair up because my continuity test was wacky - there are only 4 wires so it cannot be hard but I don't want to screw anything up.

I'm thinking pairing up a yellow and yellow/white and test that but....? smoke/pop = $$$ ??

I have searched the forum and internet and cannot find a definitive guide to troubleshooting a transformer for sys 11. I hope this makes some sense the way I have explained my questions.
Thanks!

image1.JPGimage1.JPG
#986 9 years ago

In follow-up this is the diagram I'm referring to. How to test for the 5.9v AC?
I should mention that in testing one wire at a time to ground on AC I got:
yellow = 4.75v approx
yellow white = 0.45 v but as low as 0.3v??

schematic1.JPGschematic1.JPG

#990 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I had issues with my gi on Space Station, I had to replace the relay under the pf, and pushed all the connectors back in real tight everywhere. Don't know if this helps

Thanks RD will check that interconnect board and connectors.

Chosen - what kind of issues were you having. Do you mean the yellow relay box?

Was stuck drywalling most of the day so will poke around a bit now
- cheers!

#993 9 years ago

Cheers fellas - will pull that board out tomorrow morning and (re) measure voltage off the transformer, thanks Grumpy.

So a bit of suspense I'm afraid RD - no pay out $ yet - everything looks OK topside on the interconnect board. Maybe some cracked /cold solder on backside - hoping an easy fix like that...

Bummed out by my crappy mudding and drywall skills - need to go and get my ass kicked by Yagov...

6 months later
#1167 8 years ago

And it thought I had a sys 11 fetish going on! Lol! Congrats RD, have a blast with the new addition!! I' d love to score a pinbot, but have to make do peace with sourcing older titles within 1500 Klm of my location ...and I knock out a wall or 2.

On different note, can anyone please tell me what the error message "collect b.h.o." means? This would be on startup of my new to me Grand Lizard that has a few issues to sort out. Thanks!

1 month later
#1303 8 years ago

I'm going in for GI connector surgery on my space station. Pretty sure trouble is at the molex... a 4 pin connector behind the playfield connecting to the back box. I in process of redoing the power board molex and fuse block connectors...all very crispy. Tough to get one hand on nevermind two....these connectors wayyy in back of the cabinet.

Before I get into a potential messy situation and fight with wifey can the club please recommend some sanity saving tips on how to pull out the entire playfield? I found a brief video on actually removing the pf but how do you actually unhook the many connectors behind the playfield? There is at least 6 I think... I have never pulled a SS playfield! It is time to get arms deep! Thanks!

#1308 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Just removed my taxi not long ago.
Just disconnect the appx 6-8 board connectors that run from pf to backbox. Take a few pics or label.
Then have a buddy help you pull it straight out.
It was my first and like you I was apprehensive. It was a piece of cake.

Thanks Blackbeard. Just gonna have to give'r eh? I got a few connectors off one handed then chickened out cause we want to play it tomorrow! So some emerg connection replacements in the back box and fuse blocks and now we are back to the left hand side GI fully working and nothing on the playfield right. No coin door lights, and now no pop bumper lights also? Geeezz....Looks much brighter though the bulbs that are lit! I think i'll start a new thread.

For those in the know: Is there one wire or two wire main power "feed" from the backbox to the playfield GI? One wire for right side (white w yellow dash) one wire for left (white w violet dash). ....??? 2 wires is my theory judging from following them all the way from the power board 3j10 pins 9 and 8. I still suspect the 4pin molex connector I mentioned in my above post but I wiggled it a lot and did not get any flicker of bulbs ...on either side of playfield.
?? This is on my Space Station. Cheers, john

#1309 8 years ago

I figured out that the white w green dash powers the translite backlighting. The white w purple dash powers left playfield GI, I thought white w yellow powers the right side GI but I need to get into the molex connection with my dmm and it is very hard to get in there...tomorrow's job.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#1320 8 years ago

Nate and Blackbeard, thanks so much for that confidence booster and picture. I think I can handle that. Exciting to think I may be able to get deeper into this frustrating GI problem.

Re: f14 yeah, nobody likes getting laughed at here and consequently low plays from the kids and my wife, but I had a game on it recently and scored an amazing (for me) 2.5 million...before that I had barely cracked a million, but once you get the beacons going it really is such an exciting game. Still not enough score to make it into the high scores tho

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,500 (OBO)
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BCpinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club?tu=BCpinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.