IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,583 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 92.
#351 10 years ago

I'd guess 1-2 years honestly. Not any time super soon. Long enough that I felt like doing some restore work. Maybe I'll just skip matching the green and shoot a brand new color, like a pearl.

#352 10 years ago

Sign me up! Taxi is the first machine I played on a regular basis. I am currently on the hunt for Taxi or Whirlwind.

#353 10 years ago

Sign me up - recently got a F14 which I am currently working on to bring it back to it's somewhat former glory. At least I got it some what working now...but still a long road as still have to strip the playfield and rebuild the mechanicals. Be my first attempt at removing Mylar, so that should be interesting...

#354 10 years ago

Sign me up!

Got my Diner yesterday and my mom has a TAXI, so it's a System 11 family!

Marc

#355 10 years ago

Just got my big guns. Cant wait to see what adventures system 11 gets me into.

1 week later
#357 10 years ago

Since I've last come here to the SYS11 meeting I've:

Lost a F14,
Added a Mousin' Around
Added a Diner (which I still need to pick up).

#358 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Since I've last come here to the SYS11 meeting I've:
Lost a F14,
Added a Mousin' Around
Added a Diner (which I still need to pick up).

Winter projects? I just got a Space Station, those slings are the fastest I've ever seen, you can't even see the ball when they get going.

#359 10 years ago

Pinballcenter.eu has color transparent pop bumper bodies and skirts for Williams games. The whole assembly would light up not just the caps.

#360 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Winter projects? I just got a Space Station, those slings are the fastest I've ever seen, you can't even see the ball when they get going.

Not project machines. Both ready to go.. The Mousin Around is about the best non restored sample I've ever seen, and the Diner looks great in the photos.. Just have to pick It up now...

That Mousin Around has slings like that... They're powerful nasty!

#361 10 years ago

Update on my HS...

I ended up sending the main board and sound board off to get repaired. One week and $60 later and I'm up and running!

That was just too easy.

I played it for an hour last night and I can say that the sounds and callouts do really help the experience.

#362 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Update on my HS...
I ended up sending the main board and sound board off to get repaired. One week and $60 later and I'm up and running!
That was just too easy.
I played it for an hour last night and I can say that the sounds and callouts do really help the experience.

I don't have the time or the need to learn a new skill like board repair so I'm with you.

#363 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Not project machines. Both ready to go.. The Mousin Around is about the best non restored sample I've ever seen, and the Diner looks great in the photos.. Just have to pick It up now...
That Mousin Around has slings like that... They're powerful nasty!

With the ball flying around like that it's a wonder something doesn't get broken.

#364 10 years ago

Update on my HS...
That was just too easy.

Where did you get it back from in one week? I called all the usual suspects that people like and minimum was about 3-4 weeks wait, one of the even more popular guys said 8 weeks.

I landed up using my spare 11a in my cyclone and will send the original out to be repaired.

Tip102's and n24401's are kinda easy to replace with a little practice and understanding how to test them, now those U chips, i don't trust myself with, the traces are much thinner....

#365 10 years ago

I texted the guy and asked him if it is okay for me to spread the word. If I get the okay I'll post his details.

#366 10 years ago

I suck and still haven't started a thread like people told me to, but I've got the first coat of clear coat on Elvira sanded down with 600 grit and am getting ready to start touch up paints and decals.

I'm thinking of taking my waterslide paper out to Kinkos to see if they can laser print the big Elvira in color. If that comes out okay I'd mask her off on the playfield with frisket, airbrush her flat white, and then lay down the color decal right over that. I've never used waterslides, I have no idea if that will really work, but on paper it sounds like the best shot at restoring all her little details.

#367 10 years ago

Sign me up!

Can`t believe I just found this

#368 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I suck and still haven't started a thread like people told me to, but I've got the first coat of clear coat on Elvira sanded down with 600 grit and am getting ready to start touch up paints and decals.
I'm thinking of taking my waterslide paper out to Kinkos to see if they can laser print the big Elvira in color. If that comes out okay I'd mask her off on the playfield with frisket, airbrush her flat white, and then lay down the color decal right over that. I've never used waterslides, I have no idea if that will really work, but on paper it sounds like the best shot at restoring all her little details.

Sounds tricky.

#369 10 years ago
Quoted from sys11fan:

Sign me up!
Can`t believe I just found this

How long you had yours? In good shape I hope.

#370 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

How long you had yours? In good shape I hope.

Which one?

#371 10 years ago

I didn't notice you had so many pins, I thought you only had one System 11 .

#372 10 years ago

Hell yeah! Sign me up!

Just picked up a nice Cyclone (lifelong wishlist pin) and Dr. Dude.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#373 10 years ago

got a pinbot and earthshaker. thinking about picking up a project whirlwind, but only have room for one more pin max. worried it might be too similar to ES and also that it might be too much system 11. thoughts?

#374 10 years ago
Quoted from Dommer:

got a pinbot and earthshaker. thinking about picking up a project Whirlwind, but only have room for one more pin max. worried it might be too similar to ES and also that it might be too much system 11. thoughts?

Way too close to ES for a keeper. You have a BO, a Lawlor, now aim for a Mark Ritchie: Taxi, Big Guns, Diner, or Sorcerer -- or Steve Ritchie: Black Knight, High Speed, BK2K or F14.

F14, High Speed, and Big Guns will pop the most.

#375 10 years ago
Quoted from TheShameGovernor:

Hell yeah! Sign me up!
Just picked up a nice Cyclone (lifelong wishlist pin) and Dr. Dude.

Great, now go get your butt in the Cyclone Club!
-mof

#376 10 years ago

Sign Me up!

I've got Big Guns & Police Force.

#377 10 years ago

I texted the guy and asked him if it is okay for me to spread the word. If I get the okay I'll post his details.

Have you gotten permission to post yet? I had minimal sound on my Big Guns prior to upgrading to a new Rottendog MPU, and now she's silent. I almost have more $$$ in the resurrection after rescuing her then she's worth. (Anyone with some insight please check my thread in Tech)

#378 10 years ago

BTW... "Sign Me Up"

Big Guns: Rescue & Resurrection Project

#379 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Way too close to ES for a keeper. You have a BO, a Lawlor, now aim for a Mark Ritchie: Taxi, Big Guns, Diner, or Sorcerer -- or Steve Ritchie: Black Knight, High Speed, BK2K or F14.
F14, High Speed, and Big Guns will pop the most.

Thinking about doing it anyway because its a project pin that would be fun to work on. Might sell trade out one or the other if they are too similar for something else. Really just depends on if I can get it for a good price.

#380 10 years ago

get the ww. its a hot title right now and you can sell it later. you may find you like it so much it will be a keeper.

4 weeks later
#381 10 years ago
Quoted from Dommer:

got a pinbot and earthshaker. thinking about picking up a project Whirlwind, but only have room for one more pin max. worried it might be too similar to ES and also that it might be too much system 11. thoughts?

To me Earthshaker and Whirlwind seem similar but play very differently. Earthshaker is a 1 jackpot per multiball game whereas Whirlwind will give you jackpots for as long as you can pound that ramp from the upper flipper. Both are popular machines so if you have both and decide you want to get rid of one you shouldn't have much trouble finding someone to buy one.

#382 10 years ago

Elvira is rising from the dead. Sneak peek before/after:

image-896.jpgimage-896.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#383 10 years ago

Sign Me Up......I just purchased my 1st pinball......High Speed. I really enjoy the game.

#384 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Elvira is rising from the dead. Sneak peek before/after:

image.jpg 2 MB

image-896.jpg 2 MB

What a difference. Great job!

#385 10 years ago
Quoted from 1969nam:

Sign Me Up......I just purchased my 1st pinball......High Speed. I really enjoy the game.

Welcome and good choice.

#386 10 years ago

I'm in again for the fifth time..

DINER.jpgDINER.jpg
#387 10 years ago

Diner....nice. You got all 22 pins in one room?

#388 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Diner....nice. You got all 22 pins in one room?

All of my system 11's are in one room..

But I have pins in 3 different areas, all in the basement..

#389 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What a difference. Great job!

Thanks, I was pretty pleased with how well I was able to match the purple, it's a tricky color. It's not a crazy HEP restore, but it's going to feel really good when it's done I think. Gotta order decals, this cabinet is ROUGH.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#390 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thanks, I was pretty pleased with how well I was able to match the purple, it's a tricky color. It's not a crazy HEP restore, but it's going to feel really good when it's done I think. Gotta order decals, this cabinet is ROUGH.

image.jpg 2 MB

I'll say it is. Be careful with the new decals, the ink is thin and you can rub it right off.

#391 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'll say it is. Be careful with the new decals, the ink is thin and you can rub it right off.

That's not good! I need them too badly to even think twice about it though.

#392 10 years ago

Sign me up. I got into pinball during the system 11 years and they will always be favorites.
Have: F14, Rollergames and Police Force
Had: High Speed and Road Kings

#393 10 years ago
Quoted from jkroeck25:

Sign me up. I got into pinball during the system 11 years and they will always be favorites.
Have: F14, Rollergames and Police Force
Had: High Speed and Road Kings

I just got my F-14 last weekend. It's a MONSTER!

#394 10 years ago

Looking to own them all eventually, but for now F-14, SOF, BK2000, and Riverboat Gambler are the only ones in my collection.

#395 10 years ago

Sign me up! Defenitely the best pinball machines came out around that time. I have a whirlwind and a police force now, had a high speed in the past and getting a rollergames next month! cant wait

2013-09-08 21.36.54.jpg2013-09-08 21.36.54.jpg
#396 10 years ago
Quoted from haffie96:

Sign me up! Defenitely the best pinball machines came out around that time. I have a Whirlwind and a Police Force now, had a High Speed in the past and getting a Rollergames next month! cant wait

2013-09-08 21.36.54.jpg 2 MB

Nice S11 line-up.

#397 10 years ago

I can now officially join the club, picked up a high speed in nice shape.

#398 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I can now officially join the club, picked up a High Speed in nice shape.

To be a real member ya got to get the club T-shirt and wear it every time you play it.

#399 10 years ago

Well looky here... Whirlwind, fire, jokerz!, present.. =D

Whirlwind posterized ramp 2.JPGWhirlwind posterized ramp 2.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,500 (OBO)
$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,583 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 92.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.