IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,581 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 92.
#3301 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah. But in this case you don’t do that.
It mounts to the car bracket.
<walks all the way to pin room, removes glass and takes photo>

rd
PS my belt is also stuffed. It’s on my parts order list. [quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for these pics Rotordave! They help immensely!

Chris

#3302 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Sorta embarrassed to admit I have 34 System 11s at the moment. Lol
All the 30 made … plus extra Taxi, Whirlwind, Rollergames and Pool Sharks.
When you have a Radical in your lounge, you know there’s a problem. Lol
rd[quoted image]

If you weren't overseas... I'd be trying to plan a trip to visit!! Every system 11 sounds pretty freaking awesome. The only way I would ever buy bugs bunny is if I had all of the other 29 sys11 machines! Congrats!

That's an accomplishment in my eyes!

#3303 2 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

The only way I would ever buy bugs bunny is if I had all of the other 29 sys11 machines!

I feel the same way about Millionaire. Lolll

rd

1 week later
#3304 2 years ago

Hopefully someone can help. I have a High Speed and Grand Lizard and they both have the same issue. Occasionally when I turn the game on the knocker goes off and tells me to adjust switch 46. Right Spinner on HS and right magnet on GL. Both switches are properly adjusted and work fine. What’s up with the error?

#3305 2 years ago
Quoted from AJGross:

Hopefully someone can help. I have a High Speed and Grand Lizard and they both have the same issue. Occasionally when I turn the game on the knocker goes off and tells me to adjust switch 46. Right Spinner on HS and right magnet on GL. Both switches are properly adjusted and work fine. What’s up with the error?

It could be that you did not hit these switches in 30 games of play, this causes the game to think they are broken or miss adjusted.

#3306 2 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

More
It could be that you did not hit these switches in 30 games of play, this causes the game to think they are broken or miss adjusted.

I'll check that out. It makes sense. Thank you!

#3307 2 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Yep … start up a game and manually activate the switch in question a bunch of times while the game is running.

In theory that should remove the error message.

rd

#3308 2 years ago

I am just finishing up a full restore of a FunHouse and I had to replace a flasher transistor and when I was working on the board I noticed this part had blackened the board and when I turned it on it was very hot; too hot to touch. However, everything is working. Firstly, what is this, I can't seem to find it in the schematics because there is not clear label on the board? Also the two grey cubes next to it also have some discoloration and are warm but not hot. These are BR2 and BR3 which I think are bridge rectifiers?

I see it has a large heat sink so maybe they are just supposed to be this hot? I feel like I should replace them and maybe the bridge rectifiers as well but there maybe some other logic that is driving why they are so warm.

Thanks in advance for any help.

It is the circular part with the purple heat sink in the picture.

1026211200_HDR (resized).jpg1026211200_HDR (resized).jpg
#3309 2 years ago

That's your plus 5 voltage regulator. They do run hot. There's a switching replacement for it that runs cooler but if it's working I wouldn't worry about it nor the bridges they also run hot.

#3310 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

That's your plus 5 voltage regulator. They do run hot. There's a switching replacement for it that runs cooler but if it's working I wouldn't worry about it nor the bridges they also run hot.

Great thanks. I just wanted to make sure I didn't have something that was going to burnup my board.

#3311 2 years ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

I am just finishing up a full restore of a FunHouse

Just FYI that’s a WPC89 board, not a SYS11.

Don’t let the alpha numeric displays throw you.

rd

#3312 2 years ago

Oh, I thought it was System 11 but you are right. Well got my answer in any case.

#3313 2 years ago

I am just finishing up a full restore of a FunHouse and I had to replace a flasher transistor and when I was working on the board I noticed this part had blackened the board and when I turned it on it was very hot; too hot to touch. However, everything is working. Firstly, what is this, I can't seem to find it in the schematics because there is not clear label on the board? Also the two grey cubes next to it also have some discoloration and are warm but not hot. These are BR2 and BR3 which I think are bridge rectifiers?
I see it has a large heat sink so maybe they are just supposed to be this hot? I feel like I should replace them and maybe the bridge rectifiers as well but there maybe some other logic that is driving why they are so warm.
Thanks in advance for any help.
It is the circular part with the purple heat sink in the picture.[quoted image]

Hard to tell in the Pic but the top Capacitor C11 looks like it might be bulging. If that is the case you definitely want to replace it.

#3314 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Hard to tell in the Pic but the top Capacitor C11 looks like it might be bulging. If that is the case you definitely want to replace it.

Thanks for the keen check but I think it was just a flash artifact. I just pulled the glass and they are both perfectly flat. No bulging.

#3315 2 years ago

Thanks for the keen check but I think it was just a flash artifact. I just pulled the glass and they are both perfectly flat. No bulging.

Hard to tell from the pic, must have been light illusion

#3316 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Hard to tell from the pic, must have been light illusion

No it does look funny in the pic but is just fine. I was ran to check myself.

2 weeks later
#3317 2 years ago

Hi
Does anyone have a picture showing the spotlights on there system 11 ? I’m planning on installing
them on my Taxi slings. I’m still not sure if I’m going with the double spotlights. ,or just a single spotlight?
Thanks in advance
Ralph

1 week later
#3318 2 years ago

So I am/was getting two annoying sounds through my High Speed speakers. First one was a high-pitched electronic "whine", which would change in volume as the lamps turned on/off in attract mode. I tightened all the boards' screws in the backbox and that eliminated 98% of the whine noise, so problem essentially solved there.

Second noise is a low pitched "hum". It mostly disappears if I disconnect either J1 or J2 from the sound board (same change when I unplug either one). Power supply possibly causing this?

#3319 2 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

So I am/was getting two annoying sounds through my High Speed speakers. First one was a high-pitched electronic "whine", which would change in volume as the lamps turned on/off in attract mode. I tightened all the boards' screws in the backbox and that eliminated 98% of the whine noise, so problem essentially solved there.
Second noise is a low pitched "hum". It mostly disappears if I disconnect either J1 or J2 from the sound board (same change when I unplug either one). Power supply possibly causing this?

Do you have the OEM Power supply?

I had the same hum and I put in an aftermarket power supply and 90% of the hum was gone. I have since rebuilt my OEM power supply caps but have not tried it to se if that may have fixed the problem.

#3320 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Do you have the OEM Power supply?
I had the same hum and I put in an aftermarket power supply and 90% of the hum was gone. I have since rebuilt my OEM power supply caps but have not tried it to se if that may have fixed the problem.

Yes, original PS and original transformer. Thinking I need to either recap the PS or the sound board?

#3321 2 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

I had a very similar problem with my Diner. There was a constant buzz/hum of sound. I reseated J2 and it improved dramatically but came back over time. I eventually repinned the connector and replaced the J2 header pins and now it is perfectly silent so I put it down to a poor connection through that connector.

#3322 2 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Yes, original PS and original transformer. Thinking I need to either recap the PS or the sound board?

Always a good idea to recap the PS if it has never been done. Wether that fixes the problem I am not sure.

One more thing to check is the volume rheostat. If it has a bad ground I have heard that can cause a hum as well.

#3323 2 years ago

Happiness is a shiny SYS11 transformer.

AKA “I spent hours doing this and nobody will ever see it”. Lol

rd

79B42FB9-1538-4D25-848F-73786A2D2BFF (resized).jpeg79B42FB9-1538-4D25-848F-73786A2D2BFF (resized).jpeg
#3324 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd[quoted image]

Both 110% accurate. But it is beautiful. Nice!!!!

#3325 2 years ago

No matter

#3326 2 years ago

Sign My Up!
I have a Cyclone and want more.. "Ya payz yer money, and ya takes yer chances"

Just don't know which one to hunt down next? and I haven't learned all of the benefits of System 11, but I love love love my Cyclone!

Suggestions on the next title welcome. Jokerz looks cool. I would love a High Speed.

#3327 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd[quoted image]

Wow!! That's proper nice. It's funny, stuff like Transformers are what I look at on "restored" pins. Tells a lot.

#3328 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd[quoted image]

There is something about a sharp looking Transformer. The heartbeat of the system.

#3329 2 years ago

I sent all boards for my Grand Lizard for refurbishment and just reinstalled everything. My question, before I reinstall the flipper ground I want to make sure it should be connected at the ground braid in the back box.

4CEA8011-9F5F-4EA4-AEAC-B2289AA17CFA (resized).jpeg4CEA8011-9F5F-4EA4-AEAC-B2289AA17CFA (resized).jpeg
#3330 2 years ago

Guess I should join this thread... HS and Taxi reside here now

#3331 2 years ago
Quoted from PatWoodrailLVR:

Suggestions on the next title welcome. Jokerz looks cool. I would love a High Speed.

I only have 13-15 games on Jokerz, but I saw it has a second tier title in the System 11 family. High Speed is fun, Taxi, Whirlwind, and Swords of Fury are all significantly better than Jokerz, in my opinion. Diner is also good. Space Station is somewhat one dimensional but I would rate it ahead of Jokerz among the second tier group of games (the tiers in my head, of course). I'd avoid Big Guns.

#3332 2 years ago
Quoted from Phesson:

My question, before I reinstall the flipper ground I want to make sure it should be connected at the ground braid in the back box.

Is that factory? That cannot be factory. It makes no sense to be factory.

fgr (resized).jpgfgr (resized).jpg

If you do that you will bypass the flipper ground relay. This will result in the flippers always being active even when the game is in attract mode (game over).

#3333 2 years ago
Quoted from Phesson:

My question, before I reinstall the flipper ground I want to make sure it should be connected at the ground braid in the back box.

The only wired that connect at the backbox braid is the white with a red stripe for the magnasaves.

#3334 2 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

Is that factory? That cannot be factory. It makes no sense to be factory.
[quoted image]
If you do that you will bypass the flipper ground relay. This will result in the flippers always being active even when the game is in attract mode (game over).

A previous owner has attached a connector to the flipper ground and yes they are always active. Where does the original flipper ground attach?

#3335 2 years ago
Quoted from Phesson:

A previous owner has attached a connector to the flipper ground and yes they are always active. Where does the original flipper ground attach?

There's a power wiring diagram in the manuals for system 11s that should tell you the connectors etc. Here's an example from Dr Dude:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3336 2 years ago
Quoted from Phesson:

This is because there was a issue with the CPU board. The ground is supposed to come from the relay on CPU.

#3337 2 years ago

FGR = flipper ground relay.

Schematic:

fgr1.jpgfgr1.jpg

Wiring diagram:

fgr2.jpgfgr2.jpg

Board:

fgr3.jpgfgr3.jpg

#3338 2 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

FGR = flipper ground relay.

This connector attaches to the 2 orange wires coming from the board. The schematic shows they would run to the flipper buttons, yes?

#3339 2 years ago
Quoted from Phesson:

This connector attaches to the 2 orange wires coming from the board. The schematic shows they would run to the flipper buttons, yes?

Remove the 2-pin connector with the orange wires from the "Z" connector/header. Plug the 2-pin connector into 1J19. Discard the other black wire and the ring terminal.

Here is the image from IPDB that shows the wiring. 1J19 has a 2-pin connector and a 7-pin connector that together occupy the 9 pins on the 1J19 header.

grand_lizard.jpggrand_lizard.jpg

3 weeks later
#3340 2 years ago

Hi guys. Long shot, but does anyone have a system 11 apron they can sell? Specifically Whirlwind but I know most are very similar. Thank you!

#3341 2 years ago
Quoted from Evets:

I only have 13-15 games on Jokerz, but I saw it has a second tier title in the System 11 family. High Speed is fun, Taxi, Whirlwind, and Swords of Fury are all significantly better than Jokerz, in my opinion. Diner is also good. Space Station is somewhat one dimensional but I would rate it ahead of Jokerz among the second tier group of games (the tiers in my head, of course). I'd avoid Big Guns.

I definitely wouldn't avoid Big Guns. I love mine and it can still be found pretty cheap. It's a really simple yet really exciting game.

#3342 2 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

I definitely wouldn't avoid Big Guns. I love mine and it can still be found pretty cheap. It's a really simple yet really exciting game.

I would agree with this. I got a really nice Big Guns and really enjoy it. It's affordable (in comparison), has multiball, cool catapults, and classic System 11 sounds. Sure it's not deep, bot no System 11 machine is. It is a tall mofo though. Make sure you have the room. I bought one once bfore we redid the basement and when I measured realized it wouldn't fit. Luckily the seller was cool about it.

If I had it to do over again, I'd buy Big Guns before a few other System 11 machines.

IMG_3468 (resized).jpgIMG_3468 (resized).jpg
#3343 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

If I had it to do over again, I'd buy Big Guns before a few other System 11 machines.

Big Guns is pretty cool - right in the middle of the SYS11 pack.

Getting the MB jackpot is pretty challenging to do.

rd

#3344 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Big Guns is pretty cool - right in the middle of the SYS11 pack.
Getting the MB jackpot is pretty challenging to do.
rd

Hey RD, I’m sure you may have posted your top 4-5 fav system 11 in past somewhere since you have the set. Would love to get your take on them.
Thx!

#3345 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Hey RD, I’m sure you may have posted your top 4-5 fav system 11 in past somewhere since you have the set. Would love to get your take on them.
Thx!

Nahhh … I like them all. Except Millionaire. Lol.

Even Bugs Bunny has its charms. Sorta.

I’ll just leave this here instead ….

rd

6CCF7273-7F29-4BC9-B7B9-91D56A5E359A (resized).jpeg6CCF7273-7F29-4BC9-B7B9-91D56A5E359A (resized).jpeg
#3346 2 years ago

Have some leads on a Whirlwind (for me) and Police Force (for the wife, who is not much of a pinhead) to start my pin collection. Anything I should know about common to owning and working on System 11 machines, other than they are fun as hell to play?

#3347 2 years ago
Quoted from Ryguy80:

Have some leads on a Whirlwind (for me) and Police Force (for the wife, who is not much of a pinhead) to start my pin collection. Anything I should know about common to owning and working on System 11 machines, other than they are fun as hell to play?

Get the batteries off the MPU if not done already. NVRAM is king, off board batteries do the trick too. If any corrosion is there, it needs to be cleaned properly.

Vid1900 flipper rebuild using extension springs is a big improvement over conical springs.

Check the GI plugs for burning. If there are signs of that or actual GI problems, they should be re pinned.

#3348 2 years ago

Any idea what the “German score board” switch would be?

The switch matrix for Space Station lists this switch 34 in a column with other playfield switches.

Other system 11’s have this switch in their matrix as well. Including Swords of Fury and in that case it is in the column with other cabinet switches.

10B50777-DEB9-49BC-8DBC-30CA3F819429 (resized).jpeg10B50777-DEB9-49BC-8DBC-30CA3F819429 (resized).jpeg7A064929-9C6F-4727-A92C-CFC24008F1B3 (resized).jpeg7A064929-9C6F-4727-A92C-CFC24008F1B3 (resized).jpeg
#3349 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffc:

Any idea what the “German score board” switch would be?

For swords it's an additional tilt switch, I guess they might have one up in the head if people are smacking it?

Probably added at the request of the large German distributor who was buying 60% of Williams' output.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 279.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 4,581 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 92.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club/page/67?hl=sawbill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.