IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,583 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 92.
#2951 4 years ago
Quoted from Scrimmbo:

Do you think I should change Br1? Seems like the only bridge on the P-supply board. I have a few KBPC3504-W's laying around. That's a 35a 400v bridge, would that work as a replacement?

Since the noise goes away when you remove F-1 fuse, the issue is the high voltage portion of the board. You could check for AC volts on each of the +/- 100 volt circuits.

#2952 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Since the noise goes away when you remove F-1 fuse, the issue is the high voltage portion of the board. You could check for AC volts on each of the +/- 100 volt circuits.

I will do that! the +/- 100v is used for the display correct? Might be worth mentioning that I replaced the original displays with a pinscore board, the noise was there before I swapped that though. Also, not sure if I mentioned it earlier but the noise usually goes away if the game is on for a little while. Anyway, I will take a look at the high voltage circuits and see what I can find, thanks a lot for your continued help!

#2953 4 years ago

When you want to fix the battery holder with a nice fitting/bolt or whatever...lol
shit (resized).jpgshit (resized).jpg

#2954 4 years ago
Quoted from onlydjz:

When you want to fix the battery holder with a nice fitting/bolt or whatever...lol
[quoted image]

Fix one problem... Create another problem... Whoa

#2955 4 years ago
Quoted from Scrimmbo:

So over the Christmas break I was able to change C8, I went ahead and changed C7 as well, just because I wasn't positive I had changed it last time. Hooked it up last night, and it's still singing! So onto the next thing!

What brand capacitors are you using?

Does this sound level on the noise change as less text is shown on the display?

#2956 4 years ago

Looking for thoughts and ideas I've had a SOF for quite a few years. I bought it and from day one it had "ghosts in the machine" boot issues etc... When it worked great fun to play but it stopped booting and I left it sit for several years and finally got back to trying to troubleshoot the issues. So it still would not boot, did multiple cycles and viola it boots. So I play several games and begin smelling heat/smoke. The outhole kicker is hot, I mean really hot, too hot to touch hot. I cycle the machine off and on and the outhole coil locks on. I changed out the coil(with a comparable coil, I ordered a proper replacement AE-23-800), coil still locks on on boot, but the machine consistently boots, (Q33 transistor tests okay with a MM in the machine.) I unplugged the 5J4 wiring from the Aux Power Board, machine continues to boot ok. (If I plug the 5J4 connector back in the coil locks on immediately.)
I have a new Rottendog CPU board but I am concerned that if the problem is on the Aux Power Board I will fry something on the new Rottendog CPU.

Help!

#2957 4 years ago
Quoted from PAR:

coil still locks on on boot, but the machine consistently boots, (Q33 transistor tests okay with a MM in the machine.)

Is this on the original board?

Quoted from PAR:

I have a new Rottendog CPU board but I am concerned that if the problem is on the Aux Power Board I will fry something on the new Rottendog CPU.

The outhole coil is controlled by the CPU not the aux power supply. So the problem should be on the CPU.

#2958 4 years ago

Anyone know where to score some Chrome Rivets to attach my 'Bally' Logo to the speaker cover panel?

#2959 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Anyone know where to score some Chrome Rivets to attach my 'Bally' Logo to the speaker cover panel?

Id use nickel rivets.

#2960 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Is this on the original board?
Yes It is, all the boards are original.
The outhole coil is controlled by the CPU not the aux power supply. So the problem should be on the CPU.

I'll plan to swap the CPU and see what happens
Thank you

#2961 4 years ago
Quoted from PAR:

I'll plan to swap the CPU and see what happens
Thank you

Ugh, broke a leg off one of the micro processors while swapping out chips to the rottendog board, (the last chip of course, an EF6802P at U24, so now I am dead in the water until I find a chip, any one know a good source for this particular chip?

#2962 4 years ago

PAR, check out Great Plains electronics.

#2963 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

What brand capacitors are you using?
Does this sound level on the noise change as less text is shown on the display?

There are a few different brands of caps in there, I used the autozone method, which is to say, I didn't buy the cheapest caps I could find, but I also wasn't buying the most expensive. Some I didn't have much choice as there were only a handful available in that certain value or style. The noise does not seem to fluctuate with the display being lit, I do however have some noise coming through the speakers that seems to change with the display. I think this is usually a ground problem on the sound board, I'll have to clean up those screw terminals nice, but it doesn't really bother me all that much.

I did some poking around in the high voltage section of the power supply, the 100v measured at 99v which I think is within spec, I didn't really find anything else glaringly wrong here, I did clean up some solder joints and stuff, but the issue persisted. So, for now, I've just pulled fuse F1, not the greatest solution, but since I've updated my display there is nothing else that uses that voltage anyway. I play tested the game just to be sure of that, and yeah, everything plays normally.

Thanks again to all of you who were giving me suggestions, I appreciate it a lot.

#2964 4 years ago
Quoted from PAR:

Ugh, broke a leg off one of the micro processors while swapping out chips to the rottendog board, (the last chip of course, an EF6802P at U24, so now I am dead in the water until I find a chip, any one know a good source for this particular chip?

Just a follow up, new chip arrived, plugged it in to the daughtboard and booted machine successfully, Lionman lives! Thanks to all for the help

1 week later
#2965 4 years ago

Hey all. So I am re-joining the Sys 11 club, I have someone shopping a Jokerz for me.

What I'd like to know, is if there are truly any above 3K System 11 titles? I'm looking to grow my collection and have seen some what I would say wonky pricing. Now I know people can ask what they want, but I was wondering about your input?

Thanks!

Ps. I'm looking for a Police Force next.. my son is into Police/Fire cars/truck stuff!

#2966 4 years ago
Quoted from Silvercoin:

Hey all. So I am re-joining the Sys 11 club, I have someone shopping a Jokerz for me.
What I'd like to know, is if there are truly any above 3K System 11 titles? I'm looking to grow my collection and have seen some what I would say wonky pricing. Now I know people can ask what they want, but I was wondering about your input?
Thanks!
Ps. I'm looking for a Police Force next.. my son is into Police/Fire cars/truck stuff!

I’ve owned a few system 11s (still have/love Mousin Around) and the only system 11s that probably deserve to be over 3k would be Banzai Run or gorgeously shopped-out/refurbished games like Whirlwind and Elvira. Maybe a couple of the “rare” system 11s that are in great shape like Transporter or Radical.
Just my thoughts.

#2967 4 years ago
Quoted from Silvercoin:

Thanks!

They only ones I think are worth over $3k are BR and BC (only because it is hard to find) - Most System 11 games should be in the $1500-$2000 range depending on title. Would love to have them all but not paying $3k for MA or a freakin earthshaker

#2968 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

They only ones I think are worth over $3k are BR and BC (only because it is hard to find) - Most System 11 games should be in the $1500-$2000 range depending on title. Would love to have them all but not paying $3k for MA or a freakin earthshaker

I think you are on the mark for the majority of system 11 games but condition is king and a true HUO system 11 (or one that has been reconditioned over the years with NOS parts) in amazing shape should fetch mid-to-high $2k in today’s market.

#2969 4 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

I think you are on the mark for the majority of system 11 games but condition is king and a true HUO system 11 (or one that has been reconditioned over the years with NOS parts) in amazing shape should fetch mid-to-high $2k in today’s market.

for sure, I am just talking your basic average shape system 11. I have several and love them but they are all pretty similar in game play and scoring. I just can't see spending $3-4k on a system 11 except for BR and maybe a nice BC or EATM

#2970 4 years ago

You all need to come out to the west coast, you wouldn't touch a popular system 11 in nice shape for the kind of money you are tossing out there.

#2971 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

You all need to come out to the west coast, you wouldn't touch a popular system 11 in nice shape for the kind of money you are tossing out there.

just picked up a nice police force for $1000, got a mousin around for $800, high speed for $500. They are not QC or anything but nice players

#2972 4 years ago

Well, I will probably be selling my Mousin' Around soon, and though it is strictly a player's quality machine, there is no way I would sell it for $800 (or even twice that).

If that's what they are going for, I'll just keep it.

#2973 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Well, I will probably be selling my Mousin' Around soon, and though it is strictly a player's quality machine, there is no way I would sell it for $800 (or even twice that).
If that's what they are going for, I'll just keep it.

They go for more, I found it in a antique store and they did not know how to turn it on so thought it didn't work.

#2974 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

$1k might get you a nice System 11 Cabinet in the intermountain West. It would probably need repairs, though.

#2975 4 years ago

Just joined the System 11 club with a project Taxi. Took a little to get working but new playing well except for a shorted knocker coil.

One question: there are no flipper switch capacitors or flipper capacitors. There should be right?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2976 4 years ago
Quoted from Barr993:

Just joined the System 11 club with a project Taxi. Took a little to get working but new playing well except for a shorted knocker coil.
One question: there are no flipper switch capacitors or flipper capacitors. There should be right?

Yes, there should be capacitors. (see attachment)

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 7.59.33 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-01-10 at 7.59.33 PM (resized).png
#2977 4 years ago

Both right flippers on my Transporter the Rescue are suddenly not working. Where would you check first? Thanks!

#2978 4 years ago

Picked up a space station and got bk2k back in the line up. Never played space station. It’s not a bad pin. I love the multiball but I think bk2k is still one of my fav system 11s. Space station I don’t think will have the staying power as bk2k for our line up

2FD23AC2-EA2E-4B71-9FE9-C9D93624A375 (resized).jpeg2FD23AC2-EA2E-4B71-9FE9-C9D93624A375 (resized).jpeg4B482F03-9E2D-429A-B55D-2554ABB628D7 (resized).jpeg4B482F03-9E2D-429A-B55D-2554ABB628D7 (resized).jpeg
#2979 4 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

Where would you check first?

Fuse on the aux power supply.

#2980 4 years ago

Anyone have a sys 11 service switch laying around? (Or a link to a site that has them in stock) I tried to find one in the various stores, but only see the 4 button version. It's for a Sys9 Space Shuttle technically, but same as the other earlier WMS systems

#2981 4 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

Anyone have a sys 11 service switch laying around? (Or a link to a site that has them in stock) I tried to find one in the various stores, but only see the 4 button version. It's for a Sys9 Space Shuttle technically, but same as the other earlier WMS systems

digi key - I bought the individual push button switches and replaced the bad ones instead of a entirely new 3 button switch

Grumpy turned me onto these folks. Got tons of cool stuff.

#2982 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

digi key - I bought the individual push button switches and replaced the bad ones instead of a entirely new 3 button switch
Grumpy turned me onto these folks. Got tons of cool stuff.

I bought my replacements from Digikey also. Here's what I used:

outside black switches: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/c-k/F2UOA/401-1225-ND/417519
middle red switch: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/c-k/F2UEE/401-1223-ND/417517

They also sell the coloured caps, but you can just pull the old ones off and push them onto the new switches.

#2983 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Yeah, I'd expect to pay in the neighborhood of 3k or more for a nice example of BK2K, Elvira, or BR here. Transporter more still but that's a rare enough game that it's a national market.

#2984 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Fuse on the aux power supply.

2 amp s/b! Replaced that and now it's fixed. Thanks!

#2985 4 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

2 amp s/b! Replaced that and now it's fixed. Thanks!

Playball!

#2986 4 years ago

Need some help finding the correct "cam" for a backbox lock.
My Mousin' Around is missing the flange for the lock that actually holds the backglass in place (preventing it from being lifted out).
The manual seems to indicate that it is part 01-9358, but I have not been able to locate such a part.

I would think that this part would be shared by a bunch of machines that have a similar backbox mechanism.

If anyone knows what part this is, and/or where I could find one, I would appreciate it.
If anyone could provide a picture of the inside part of the lock (so at least I know what to look for), that would be helpful too.

Thanks.

#2987 4 years ago

I haven't found one. I made my own with a pair of regular cams...

lock-01 (resized).jpglock-01 (resized).jpg

lock-02 (resized).jpglock-02 (resized).jpg

#2988 4 years ago

Thanks, that's helpful.

#2989 4 years ago

Any idea what specific parts you used to make that?

I haven't been able to find those parts either, or did you bend/drill them yourself?

#2990 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

did you bend/drill them yourself?

Yes. They are the basic cams that come with any lock...

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/LKTS2201-17

If you're not placing an order, it may be easier to just go to the hardware store and buy a couple of cheap locks. Or use scrap metal. Although filing out a square hole would be a pain.

#2992 4 years ago

Just re-joined the Sys11 club!

Picked up a Jokerz yesterday, and its a great game. Sold all my pins 3 years ago, and have cursed that day since.

Looking for more already. BK2K, Police Force, BOP, and a cpl others..

Only issue with this one is the flashers on the ramp are missing their wiring.. need to look into that.

DSC_0282 (resized).JPGDSC_0282 (resized).JPGDSC_0280 (resized).JPGDSC_0280 (resized).JPGDSC_0279 (resized).JPGDSC_0279 (resized).JPG
#2993 4 years ago

Well, in going through my box of random parts, I found the original cam for the Mousin' Around!
However, it seems that I have the wrong lock installed in the backbox. The lock seems to expect a cam with a much smaller (and almost oval shaped) hole, not the larger square hole that the correct cam has.

The picture here shows the cam that fits the current lock (but doesn't work with the backglass) on top, and below shows the cam that is supposed to be used.

So, now the question becomes how do I buy a replacement lock and know that it will fit with the cam shown below?

20200126_151707 (resized).jpg20200126_151707 (resized).jpg
#2994 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/91025

Just posted space station if anyone is interested. Great pin but Bk2k is our favorite system 11. Its the only one staying in the lineup

#2995 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Well, in going through my box of random parts, I found the original cam for the Mousin' Around!
However, it seems that I have the wrong lock installed in the backbox. The lock seems to expect a cam with a much smaller (and almost oval shaped) hole, not the larger square hole that the correct cam has.
The picture here shows the cam that fits the current lock (but doesn't work with the backglass) on top, and below shows the cam that is supposed to be used.
So, now the question becomes how do I buy a replacement lock and know that it will fit with the cam shown below?[quoted image]

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/LKA118

Most cam locks you buy have the correct sized square cutout, unless they are tubular key locks they usually have the smaller type. The ones that PBR sells are usually the 1382 key with the correct cam as well.

#2996 4 years ago

Still haven't gotten bored..

DSC_0292 (resized).JPGDSC_0292 (resized).JPG
#2997 4 years ago

Jokerz! is a great game once you get it tuned properly. A lot of people like to crap on it as one of the worse System 11 games, but if you learn how the table shots all work, you can rack up some good scores, even without the DYS. Sure, the rule set is a little shallow but I think a lot of people don't also realize that not many games of this era had a super deep rule set. I picked one of these up back in September and have been fiddling with it and ALMOST have it where I want it. I really like the table and am hoping to eventually get a Taxi and a Cyclone to put next to it.

#2998 4 years ago

Sign me up. I have an Earthshaker and F14. Had Fire a few years ago. I'm a fan of the system 11 games.

#2999 4 years ago

Looking to sell a nice clean Rollergames for $2100. Need to thin the herd.

#3000 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Frog:

Jokerz! is a great game once you get it tuned properly. A lot of people like to crap on it as one of the worse System 11 games, but if you learn how the table shots all work, you can rack up some good scores

Jokerz is a great game.

All Sys11 games are reasonably shallow.

Most have 2-3 things to do. Jokers has more than most.
- multiball
- left orbit build up value
- right orbit spin the wheel
- build ramp value on the left, collect on the right
- 1m shot from the drops
- double score last ball.

Mine has fixed 4m jackpot value - it’s one of our most played Sys11 games.

If people don’t like it - well, that’s on them.

rd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,583 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 92.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club/page/60?hl=onlydjz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.