IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,583 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 92.
#2751 5 years ago

I'm looking to trade my Rollergames for a nice Big Guns. In the Metro Detroit area.

Love system 11!

#2752 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Well this is new. Game will freeze after a game ends. Power cycle fixes it, but not ideal for location. Any ideas?
[quoted image]

I have experienced the same, though it's been too rare for me to get to root cause. I know it has to do with the ball not being detected when it goes into the trough. The game will just sit there if it has lost track of all 3 balls. Saw the same thing happen to a HS at TPF.

Sorry I don't have anything helpful, other than to say you're not alone

#2753 5 years ago

Sign me up! I have six system 11 games. Bad Cats, Earthshaker High Speed, Pinbot, Space Station and Taxi.

#2754 5 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

I have experienced the same, though it's been too rare for me to get to root cause. I know it has to do with the ball not being detected when it goes into the trough. The game will just sit there if it has lost track of all 3 balls. Saw the same thing happen to a HS at TPF.
Sorry I don't have anything helpful, other than to say you're not alone

Interesting. The lights you see on weren’t caught during a show or anything, that’s all that was on and did not change until power cycled. I have some spare drain switches though and will swap them if it happens again and see if it goes away.

It is infrequent, but not rate for me yet. Happened twice in the span of maybe 40 games between home and location.

#2755 5 years ago

Need some help with riverboat gambler...boards all serviced. Game now boots and plays and GI all fixed.

I think I am down to 3 issues:

1) The roulette wheel does not spin
2) Up/down ramp is always up
3) THe right black plastic diverter does not seem to move both ways. It opnes when you cant play roulette but cant close when you are supposed to( you can move it by hand though).

I hate the tests in these older games...coils all seem to have no loose wires.

Any help on these would be great.

#2756 5 years ago

Sign Me Up!
I have 4 pins, one is an F-14 Tomcat, and the greatest light show!

#2757 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Interesting. The lights you see on weren’t caught during a show or anything, that’s all that was on and did not change until power cycled. I have some spare drain switches though and will swap them if it happens again and see if it goes away.
It is infrequent, but not rate for me yet. Happened twice in the span of maybe 40 games between home and location.

Interesting. It's nowhere near that frequent for me. I've got ~1500 plays on mine and have only seen it 2-3 times.

Of course, this is pinball, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Best of luck hunting it down!

1 week later
#2758 5 years ago

Elvira had left the building 12 months ago but returned on the weekend. Fitted back in just nicely.

C7A7FB33-0AAB-4F6F-9920-03608E103436 (resized).jpegC7A7FB33-0AAB-4F6F-9920-03608E103436 (resized).jpeg
#2759 5 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Interesting. It's nowhere near that frequent for me. I've got ~1500 plays on mine and have only seen it 2-3 times.
Of course, this is pinball, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Best of luck hunting it down!

With that ratio, I wouldn’t see it again for a long time. Here’s to hoping.

#2760 5 years ago
Quoted from gypsycat:

sign me up i have 6 system 11
Police Force is the one i play the most Banzai Run and Rollergames hardly gets any use but i will never sell them[quoted image][quoted image]

Showing my age here but...

One of these things is not like the others
One of these things just doesn't belong
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

#2762 4 years ago

I'm searching high and low for a sys11B wiring harness. Anybody?....?...

#2763 4 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Elvira had left the building 12 months ago but returned on the weekend. Fitted back in just nicely.
[quoted image]

Great line up, if you ever decide to sell any shoot me a PM.
cheers

#2764 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Great line up, if you ever decide to sell any shoot me a PM.
cheers

Swords of fury is the only one I don’t seem to be clicking with at the moment. I’m trying to gel with it but maybe it’s just not for me. All the others I absolutely love and hopefully will never leave.

#2765 4 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Showing my age here but...

One of these things is not like the others
One of these things just doesn't belong
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

BSD and this weekend BOP is coming back after my mate done a playfield overhual on it they both don't belong here

#2766 4 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Swords of fury is the only one I don’t seem to be clicking with at the moment. I’m trying to gel with it but maybe it’s just not for me. All the others I absolutely love and hopefully will never leave.

I feel the same with swords .

#2767 4 years ago

Anyone try out Cliffy's inlane guides designed to eliminate ball hop at flippers?

#2768 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Anyone try out Cliffy's inlane guides designed to eliminate ball hop at flippers?

Yes they work well. Just put a set on Whirlwind.

#2769 4 years ago

Hey all, I had a full tear down of playfield pics of my Bally Game Show. Not that too many are working hard on GS, I thought i'd toss this link in for others.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xdfXZXW2YhcLfe5zORlQx0z1HD8K2ldb?usp=sharing

2 weeks later
#2770 4 years ago

Anyone know what size the coin door hinge screws are?

IMG_0714 (resized).jpgIMG_0714 (resized).jpg
#2771 4 years ago

Well it took me a few years but I’m finally in the System 11 club It’s a great feeling finally owning your #1 wishlist game! Now onto the next search...find an F-14 & Bad Cats

46FDBD37-0ADD-49FD-839D-87105BE5B971 (resized).jpeg46FDBD37-0ADD-49FD-839D-87105BE5B971 (resized).jpeg
#2772 4 years ago

Taxi and pinbot are the best system 11s.

Then ww and the rest...

#2773 4 years ago

Picked up a High Speed. Overall good shape. One issue it has when powered up the knocker and kicker fire. Everything seems to work ok. What could cause this? thanks

#2774 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Hey all, I had a full tear down of playfield pics of my Bally Game Show. Not that too many are working hard on GS, I thought i'd toss this link in for others.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xdfXZXW2YhcLfe5zORlQx0z1HD8K2ldb?usp=sharing

Thanks. I have my touched up and clear coated playfield back (Not that many are doing that ) and will need to do a playfield swap in my near future.

#2775 4 years ago
Quoted from Azfalconfixer:

Picked up a High Speed. Overall good shape. One issue it has when powered up the knocker and kicker fire. Everything seems to work ok. What could cause this? thanks

Mine fired the knocker when there was a display reset circuit issue. I assumed it was to signal an issue since the display couldn’t show anything. But it has also happened when everything seemed fine.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2776 4 years ago

My F14 keeps firing a couple kick out solenoids . The circuit board shows issues when solenoid area is tested.

2 weeks later
#2777 4 years ago

All 30 under 1 roof.

IMG_20190613_222315 (resized).jpgIMG_20190613_222315 (resized).jpgIMG_20190613_222409 (resized).jpgIMG_20190613_222409 (resized).jpgIMG_20190613_222426 (resized).jpgIMG_20190613_222426 (resized).jpgIMG_20190613_222433 (resized).jpgIMG_20190613_222433 (resized).jpg
#2778 4 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

All 30 under 1 roof.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WOW!

#2779 4 years ago

Both versions of Fire?

1 week later
#2780 4 years ago

Is this the correct lock for the head in a System 11, specifically Mousin' Around? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/LKA58BK

#2781 4 years ago

I got this one for my ES backbox (pinballlife sells them cheaper and with an extra key) and it worked great. I did have to reverse the cam on the lock to turn in the right direction.

https://www.pinballlife.com/coin-door-lock-single-bitted.html

#2782 4 years ago

I think mystman12 is looking for the head lock, not coin door. Typically that lock is shorter (not the hasp), than the coin door lock.

#2783 4 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

All 30 under 1 roof.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is just .... outstanding.

#2784 4 years ago

I know this plastic gets broken a lot, but if you replaced yours with a whole new set or even if you still have your old broken plastic, I'd love to buy it.

Parts - Wanted
Wanted! - “I, too, am looking for the Blob plastic for an Elvira and the Party Monsters, EATPM. It is part number: 31-1006-2011-10-SP. Thanks for checking, Alan”
2019-08-20
Jarrettsville, MD
Wanted
Archived after: 13 days
Viewed: 111 times

#2785 4 years ago

"EATPM Blob plastic" got deleted

#2786 4 years ago

Fellow System 11 lovers, would you recommend warm or cool white LEDs for GI on F-14 Tomcat? I was leaning toward cool white with all the blue on the PF. What are your thoughts? Anyone have pics of either scheme?

Thanks,
RC

#2787 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

would you recommend warm or cool white LEDs for GI on F-14 Tomcat?

I agree on the cool white or natural white. They brighten up this game some and it could use that.

#2788 4 years ago

Fellow System 11 lovers, would you recommend warm or cool white LEDs for GI on F-14 Tomcat? I was leaning toward cool white with all the blue on the PF. What are your thoughts? Anyone have pics of either scheme?
Thanks,
RC

My rule is always cool/natural white with blue or blueish artwork and warm or sunlight white with yellow and red artwork.

I always choose bright 2smd bulbs as well.

F-14 = Cool

C5273090-4256-462C-BD2D-6F2564B519BA (resized).jpegC5273090-4256-462C-BD2D-6F2564B519BA (resized).jpeg
#2789 4 years ago

Wow, that really brightens up that game. I definitely needs it, as dozer1 also mentioned. Thanks for the pic. I'll be going with cool white then.

#2790 4 years ago

Wow, that really brightens up that game. I definitely needs it, as dozer1 also mentioned. Thanks for the pic. I'll be going with cool white then.

Mirror blades and a couple of spotlight kits helps too.

#2791 4 years ago

Thanks,
RC

If your game is like most, the blue chevron plastics are faded. Blue LED's under those really make them look good.

#2792 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

If your game is like most, the blue chevron plastics are faded. Blue LED's under those really make them look good.

A clear ramp from Freeplay40 brightens up the party as well.
E8C83C08-617F-4EDC-993D-53B5C5795158.jpegE8C83C08-617F-4EDC-993D-53B5C5795158.jpeg

794A197E-3562-4B51-94EB-C6986F3B6476.gif794A197E-3562-4B51-94EB-C6986F3B6476.gif
#2793 4 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

Mirror blades and a couple of spotlight kits helps too.

and spend the extra money on the double head spot lights.

#2794 4 years ago

Anyone have a spare display for sys11c
My diner display may just be on her last leg,

#2795 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

Anyone have a spare display for sys11c
My diner display may just be on her last leg,

Can you post a picture of what yours is doing?

#2796 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Can you post a picture of what yours is doing?

I can in the morning, but basically previous owner did a repair that hasnt aged well, the top display doesn't work and has acid damage on the solder points, the bottom does work but has enough garbage mixed in the you can't always tell what's displayed, I can likely fix that, but I don't have much hope for the top display, I don't think it's gassed , rather the board itself

#2797 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

I can in the morning, but basically previous owner did a repair that hasnt aged well, the top display doesn't work and has acid damage on the solder points, the bottom does work but has enough garbage mixed in the you can't always tell what's displayed, I can likely fix that, but I don't have much hope for the top display, I don't think it's gassed , rather the board itself

Well, there would not be any acid damage. If alkaline batteries did leak and spray fumes on the display board, it really is alkali that would have done the damage.

If there is a brown residue that is only on the solder pins of the glass display at the board, that would be solder flux. It is pretty common to see that on display assemblies where someone changed it out and did not bother cleaning it.

Garbage on a display can even be from a ribbon cable, so try and reseat both ends of the ribbon cable. If that does not help, you can even have the MPU at fault, especially if U41 has battery alkali damage.

You can swap the MPU, between the Fire, but you need to swap the 2 game ROMs with it because the displays are different between the 2 games. You can do that just as a test. The 11B Fire MPU is fully compatible in Diner. The 11C Diner MPU will function except for speech if you put it in Fire because it lacks the speech section that is needed in Fire.

#2798 4 years ago

Well, there would not be any acid damage. If alkaline batteries did leak and spray fumes on the display board, it really is alkali that would have done the damage.
If there is a brown residue that is only on the solder pins of the glass display at the board, that would be solder flux. It is pretty common to see that on display assemblies where someone changed it out and did not bother cleaning it.
Garbage on a display can even be from a ribbon cable, so try and reseat both ends of the ribbon cable. If that does not help, you can even have the MPU at fault, especially if U41 has battery alkali damage.
You can swap the MPU, between the Fire, but you need to swap the 2 game ROMs with it because the displays are different between the 2 games. You can do that just as a test. The 11B Fire MPU is fully compatible in Diner. The 11C Diner MPU will function except for speech if you put it in Fire because it lacks the speech section that is needed in Fire.

I misspoke about the acid damage, thanks for the correction, the flux residue is what clued me in to the repair, my Fire didn't have an mpu when purchased an later survived an arson fire(ironic) so I need an mpu for it, I've reseated all connections when I setup the game after 3+ yrs last week, corrected several issues, there are characters that stay on, that shouldn't, I usually repair my own stuff, looking at the back the corrosion at the top displays pins is pretty crusty, I was hoping someone had a spare board I could swap the glass onto, if not I'll clean it up try to fix the top display and buy an led replacement when I can, thanks for the insight

#2799 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

I misspoke about the acid damage, thanks for the correction, the flux residue is what clued me in to the repair, my Fire didn't have an mpu when purchased an later survived an arson fire(ironic) so I need an mpu for it, I've reseated all connections when I setup the game after 3+ yrs last week, corrected several issues, there are characters that stay on, that shouldn't, I usually repair my own stuff, looking at the back the corrosion at the top displays pins is pretty crusty, I was hoping someone had a spare board I could swap the glass onto, if not I'll clean it up try to fix the top display and buy an led replacement when I can, thanks for the insight

Did you have any luck finding a MPU for Fire? I will check tomorrow, but I doubt that I have a spare Diner display board without the glass displays. If the corrosion did not go through to the other side, you can sand the traces and resolder any parts that had the corrosion. Worth a shot trying to save it. I had installed a red Rottendog LED in my Black Knight and it looks pretty good.

#2800 4 years ago

Did you have any luck finding a MPU for Fire? I will check tomorrow, but I doubt that I have a spare Diner display board without the glass displays. If the corrosion did not go through to the other side, you can sand the traces and resolder any parts that had the corrosion. Worth a shot trying to save it. I had installed a red Rottendog LED in my Black Knight and it looks pretty good.

No, I need one, it was worth a shot, what I do have is data east/Sega boards and stern ws, but no games to put them in lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,583 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 92.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club/page/56?hl=scoot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.