IMG_0550 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240124_230023 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240124_230050 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240124_225826 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240124_225912 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240124_225846 (resized).jpg
IMG_0797 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0794 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,508 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 91.
#2601 5 years ago

Thank you for the link.

#2602 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

billsfanmd, If 12v and -12v test good, looks like I would change U1 - MC34167
Either from https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/ON-Semiconductor/MC34167TVG?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtqO%252bWUGLBzeHjEr4HqwwtH
or
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/search.asp?pg=1&stext=MC34167TVG&sprice=&stype=&scat=
Are C1 and C3 are puffed up? If so, I would replace the 100uf with high voltage ones. This is for the 100 and -100v for the display.

Still trying to see easy stuff first....Keep thinking connector since at power on I get nothing. No GI. boot or leds on MPU. But on Rottendog the 12v. -12v and 100 test good. If I can find a local PS to swap that would be great.

#2603 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Still trying to see easy stuff first....Keep thinking connector since at power on I get nothing. No GI. boot or leds on MPU. But on Rottendog the 12v. -12v and 100 test good. If I can find a local PS to swap that would be great.

+12v turns into +5v via the (U3) MC34167 part. The Rottendog board is easily damaged so have to take some care removing it out of the board.

No +5v = no boot

I prefer an original power supply over a Rottendog one.

#2604 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

+12v turns into +5v via the (U3) MC34167 part. The Rottendog board is easily damaged so have to take some care removing it out of the board.
No +5v = no boot
I prefer an original power supply over a Rottendog one.

So if I am getting 12v on rottendog. Then the board is bad since the board makes the 5v?

I prob should not attempt that repair so I’ll see what else I can do

Hoping to find a local board I can test/swap

#2605 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

So if I am getting 12v on rottendog. Then the board is bad since the board makes the 5v?

Correct. A power supply will convert/supply/generate the voltages needed to other parts of the game.

You can send it out for repair. If you do, I suggest having NVRAM installed on the MPU to get rid of the batteries.

#2606 5 years ago

Sign me up!!!

I just bought my first Williams system 11 pin...Big Guns!

I have tried to get this game several times before...but finally a SUCCESS!

It is one of my favorite system 11s

#2607 5 years ago

Hello my earthshaker display is out gassed and im not a fan of the LED look

I am after a original board (D-12232-1)
or just the displays (5670-12308-00)

In good working condition.
If any one has one lying around or is thinking to upgrading to LED give me a shout

Seller will need to ship to UK (can pay via paypal)

Regards
Russell

#2608 5 years ago

Anyone have some scrap backbox wiring? I'm working on a Cyclone, but I think Big Guns and Space Station would be the same. I'm specifically looking for a few inches of wiring associated with J1 and J8 on the D-8345 power supply. I'm looking at undoing some connector hacks. I believe I may have to extend the existing wiring. It would be cool to have matching color codes for my extensions.

...I'd also be interested in buying the whole wire harness. Don't care about condition.

#2609 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

Anyone have some scrap backbox wiring? I'm working on a Cyclone, but I think Big Guns and Space Station would be the same. I'm specifically looking for a few inches of wiring associated with J1 and J8 on the D-8345 power supply. I'm looking at undoing some connector hacks. I believe I may have to extend the existing wiring. It would be cool to have matching color codes for my extensions.
...I'd also be interested in buying the whole wire harness. Don't care about condition.

Bay Area Amusements sells wiring.
Go there and search "wire". Then scroll down. TONS of gauges and colors.

#2610 5 years ago

Thanks for the tip. I might do that. I'd still like to get a hold of a scrap wire harness for all the different colors and for any future projects. I once bought a box of hardware from a junked Pin*bot. It's amazing how many times that's come in handy. It beats trying to stock every little screw, washer, nut or post I might need.

#2611 5 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Hello my earthshaker display is out gassed and im not a fan of the LED look
I am after a original board (D-12232-1)
or just the displays (5670-12308-00)
In good working condition.
If any one has one lying around or is thinking to upgrading to LED give me a shout
Seller will need to ship to UK (can pay via paypal)
Regards
Russell

Found!

#2612 5 years ago

I'm 1/6 of the way to rotordave status now.

20190128_175521 (resized).jpg20190128_175521 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2613 5 years ago

Anyone around northern VA want to trade a System 11 for a Xenon?

Machine - For Trade
For Trade: Xenon Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “I have a Xenon I'd like to use in a local trade deal for some sort of System 11 (Williams or Bally). I'm looking for a working game with better than average cosmetics. The Xenon ...”
2019-02-04
Warrenton, VA
Trade
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 463 times

#2614 5 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

I'm 1/6 of the way to rotordave status now.
[quoted image]

Boom!

Diner is one of the best.

Better than taxi. There. I said it. Lollll

rd

#2615 5 years ago

What do you consider to be the best S11 rotordave?

#2616 5 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

What do you consider to be the best S11 rotordave?

Hmmmm ...

I like most of them!

I would just say that F14 Tomcat is one of the better pinball machines ever made, IMO. It combines flow shots, speed, good understandable ruleset, not one but 3!! super rad flashing lights on the top that get the whole rooms attention .... it’s the whole package.

Earthshaker is cool - let down a little by some of the ruleset. (ie can’t relight the jackpot, loop the ramp, etc)

I like a lot of the weirder ones. Transporter is cool. Road kings ... space station ... Jokerz is a favourite. Underrated!

The Sys11B and C games are all good - you can really see the evolution to WPC style games coming through in Mousin, Elvira, Whirlwind...

rd

#2617 5 years ago

Why do I still want BBBB even with its reputation of being terrible? Is it really that bad? I’ve never seen one to play one. But i grew up with Bugs and the theme alone intrigues me...

#2618 5 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Why do I still want BBBB even with its reputation of being terrible? Is it really that bad? I’ve never seen one to play one. But i grew up with Bugs and the theme alone intrigues me...

Bugs is pretty average. But if you take it for what it is, more of a kids themed game, it’s ok. The kids (and the ladies, if I’m honest) like to play it.

If you judge it against Mousin or Elvira, of course it’s crappy. lol.

rd

#2619 5 years ago

If more people were able to get some time on Mousin I have a feeling it would get a lot more hype and appreciation. After whirlwind (that I wish I never sold!) Mousin is my favorite Sys 11.

#2620 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Jokerz is a favourite. Underrated!

Yes it is!

#2621 5 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

BBBB is the worst game i have ever played. I honestly wouldn't want one of it were a gift. I was bored on game one.

#2622 5 years ago

Maybe someone knows this answer. Are parts for the System 11 lockdown bar receiver sold individually? On my F-14 Tomcat, the sliding latch that holds the lockdown bar down isn't there.

49A293F7-91FA-473D-BC82-3F2BA9EB48E6 (resized).jpeg49A293F7-91FA-473D-BC82-3F2BA9EB48E6 (resized).jpeg
#2623 5 years ago

I have a Space Station (11B) that has the lock on the side of the backbox. Unfortunately I do not have the key for the backbox. Is drilling it out okay to do? I'm just concerned that it could somehow cause some damage inside the backbox.

#2624 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I have a Space Station (11B) that has the lock on the side of the backbox. Unfortunately I do not have the key for the backbox. Is drilling it out okay to do? I'm just concerned that it could somehow cause some damage inside the backbox.

If you have the key # someone might be able to gift you one. If you are to drill it out you might just drill the pins with a small bit. I have never done that but think it would do less damage to other parts. I had only one key for mine and have since replaced the locks to use the same keys

#2625 5 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

If you have the key # someone might be able to gift you one. If you are to drill it out you might just drill the pins with a small bit. I have never done that but think it would do less damage to other parts. I had only one key for mine and have since replaced the locks to use the same keys

Is there some way to find out the key number?

#2626 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

It is often printed on the lock

#2627 5 years ago

The guy who sold me my earthshaker drilled out that side lock and there were no issues.

#2628 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Drill it. Easy peasy. Get a small bit and drill right up the centre. Then repeat with slightly larger bits until it pops out.

Can’t damage anything. Except the lock.

rd

#2629 5 years ago

Okay, thanks guys, I'll just drill it out!

#2630 5 years ago

Speaking of backbox locks. Can someone share a good picture of the lock on an F-14 Tomcat. Inside and out shots would be super helpful. My machine is missing the whole assembly and the locks I’ve ordered don’t “just fit”.

#2631 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Okay, thanks guys, I'll just drill it out!

Check the number on the lock first and post it here. I have a pile of keys that are of no use to me. Maybe one of them is a winner.

#2632 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Look for the key. Could be hanging somewhere on the inside of the coin door. Could be screwed to the inside of the cabinet somewhere. Could be screwed under the cabinet.

#2633 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Jokerz is a favourite. Underrated!

Someone gets it..... Aside from the music it really is a great game. One of the most reasonably priced games at the moment.

#2634 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I would just say that F14 Tomcat is one of the better pinball machines ever made, IMO. It combines flow shots, speed, good understandable ruleset, not one but 3!! super rad flashing lights on the top that get the whole rooms attention .... it’s the whole package.

A-freaking-men! I'm literally kicking myself for not adding one to the lineup sooner. I think F-14 puts many a WPC to shame... so friggen fast and fun, and with full LEDs it's just an amazing light show. I threw a party last weekend and it easily garnished the most attention out of my lineup.

I'm a little under-impressed with Diner. Of my four System 11s that I currently have working (GL, the broken-down derelict doesn't count), it's solidly in last. But when you're comparing it to Whirlwind, ES, and F-14 last isn't as bad as it seems. Maybe it'll grow on me...

#2635 5 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

A-freaking-men! I'm literally kicking myself for not adding one to the lineup sooner. I think F-14 puts many a WPC to shame... so friggen fast and fun, and with full LEDs it's just an amazing light show. I threw a party last weekend and it easily garnished the most attention out of my lineup.
I'm a little under-impressed with Diner. Of my four System 11s that I currently have working (GL, the broken-down derelict doesn't count), it's solidly in last. But when you're comparing it to Whirlwind, ES, and F-14 last isn't as bad as it seems. Maybe it'll grow on me...

I bought my first F14 in around 91-92 - even after 25 years it’s still fun to play.

Diner - like a lot of sys11s, there are a number of different ways to play it that makes it cool.

1/ collect diners for Dine time jackpot
2/ build up left ramp value with repeated shots
3/ shoot the right ramp and open the cup for big points
4/ multiball

Probably more that I’m forgetting.

Dig into it, I’m sure you’ll like it.

rd

#2636 5 years ago

Just picked up a Jokerz anyone have an original manual?

#2637 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Just picked up a Jokerz anyone have an original manual?

There is a few on ebay.

#2638 5 years ago
Quoted from mantz88:

There is a few on ebay.

Want an original

#2639 5 years ago

System 11 test bench, a friend of mine has this, cool stuff

AA5F275C-F9FE-467F-8ED2-306EF3AE8BE4 (resized).jpegAA5F275C-F9FE-467F-8ED2-306EF3AE8BE4 (resized).jpeg
#2640 5 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

Check the number on the lock first and post it here. I have a pile of keys that are of no use to me. Maybe one of them is a winner.

There wasn't a number on it, but it popped open shortly after I started drilling into it. So that was easy at least! Thanks.

#2642 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

[quoted image]

Nice and you are in Texas!

#2643 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

[quoted image]

My buddy has an original Williams one.

Looks a little like an old 3-in-1 stereo system. All made of wood grain melteca board.

Has a panel with all the switches on it. Pretty cool.

rd

Edit - found a picture of one on the net. My mates one is the same.

rd

41B9706F-F706-421A-B66F-ADA214A98159 (resized).jpeg41B9706F-F706-421A-B66F-ADA214A98159 (resized).jpeg
#2644 5 years ago

is there a pool sharks club?

#2645 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

is there a pool sharks club?

rd

B13AFAA3-F081-428A-BB84-F5E4374D04F1 (resized).jpegB13AFAA3-F081-428A-BB84-F5E4374D04F1 (resized).jpeg
#2646 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

The guy who sold me my earthshaker drilled out that side lock and there were no issues.

Yup, and I took the drilled out lock and replaced it. I had a spare. Took me 5 minutes to swap out.

#2647 5 years ago

Got all my System 11's together for a group photo (ok, yes, I know Phantom isn't really a System 11, but it looks and plays like one, so I'm counting it!)

Chris

System 11 (resized).jpgSystem 11 (resized).jpg
#2648 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Got all my System 11's together for a group photo (ok, yes, I know Phantom isn't really a System 11, but it looks and plays like one, so I'm counting it!)
Chris[quoted image]

Nice photo Chris, but the Phantom definitely does not count!

#2649 5 years ago

Here is my partial group photo. 3 A’s and 1 B. My A collection is complete with Pinbot in another row.

CD608D74-DEFA-4F1F-BEC1-136D20A38B40 (resized).jpegCD608D74-DEFA-4F1F-BEC1-136D20A38B40 (resized).jpeg
#2650 5 years ago

I was really hoping to score an Earthshaker playfield from cpr to do a total restoration but have missed out on their run of them. The playfield I have isn’t terrible, but it is far from perfect. Anyone have an idea as to where I may get find one? I have spent hours on the net with no luck.

Scoot.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 4,508 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club/page/53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.