Topic Stats

• 2,483 posts
  • 554 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 465 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EA1CF62C-8D25-4854-B9E8-FA7D185935F8 (resized).jpeg
AD7529B2-9B2E-4367-8ABE-9293AE6DC6AD (resized).jpeg
0085DB32-1DA7-4855-AAAA-A32BBB4218F0 (resized).jpeg
0E776FF9-8A75-4ABF-937C-3085BEB1F5D8 (resized).jpeg
E74AF906-4C67-4E7E-ACEA-2BCBED456F39 (resized).jpeg
4E98C481-9E11-4D78-8ADC-3B2F9AA15C9D (resized).jpeg
67BF2706-6731-42F8-8BC2-C0D3AC436B0D (resized).jpeg
C40C3C78-08A4-4D47-8DEB-37B973C755C6 (resized).jpeg
734CF841-7206-4724-8089-77E948CE9209 (resized).jpeg
1538628000348-1202773269 (resized).jpg
board 1 (resized).jpg
1538606017896-1202773269 (resized).jpg
20181003_054711 (resized).jpg
20181002_150510 (resized).jpg
832C202C-949B-42E0-98F6-BC1A1E0D4C0C (resized).jpeg
large (resized).jpg

There are 2483 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 50.
#2451 37 days ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Ok, I see why I ended up with 2n5550's and not 2n3904's. The 11c board has the 2n5550 transistor on q42-q49 but the 11a has the 2n3904 transistor in that same spot. Seems like it is the same but higher rated voltage, but that is only from reading other posts. I would think it will work since it is in the 11c board and perhaps even an upgrade? Am I wrong?
Thanks for any input

I think you are correct but the best guy to ask is Pinsider G-P-E (Great Plains Electronics)

Pm him. He'll know for sure.

#2452 37 days ago

Hey fellas, and gals... I need to buy a system 11B mpu, working...

I’m building a Transporter the rescue from scratch, I have almost every single piece except the MPU the left and right ramps, and plastic set.

Me and another fellow have taken many many steps on getting the plastic set reproduced, it won’t be long until we have all of the photo shopping and vectorizing finished.

Please let me know if you’ve got anything I need, thank you

#2453 37 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Hey fellas, and gals... I need to buy a system 11B mpu, working...
I’m building a Transporter the rescue from scratch, I have almost every single piece except the MPU the left and right ramps, and plastic set.
Me and another fellow have taken many many steps on getting the plastic set reproduced, it won’t be long until we have all of the photo shopping and vectorizing finished.
Please let me know if you’ve got anything I need, thank you

Love to see the plastic reproduction process - actually love to find someone to reproduce some plastic ramps!

#2455 36 days ago
Quoted from pb456:

Love to see the plastic reproduction process - actually love to find someone to reproduce some plastic ramps!

Freeplay40 will soon start on the left and right ramps!

The crossover ramp is already made and in stores.

The plastics have taken all summer, I think maybe spring we will have a first print???

#2456 36 days ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Ok, I see why I ended up with 2n5550's and not 2n3904's. The 11c board has the 2n5550 transistor on q42-q49 but the 11a has the 2n3904 transistor in that same spot. Seems like it is the same but higher rated voltage, but that is only from reading other posts. I would think it will work since it is in the 11c board and perhaps even an upgrade? Am I wrong?
Thanks for any input

Exactly. It's functionally the same transistor, but it doesn't blow up instantly if a higher-voltage wire accidentally touches its circuit due to a fault on the playfield. Just a little more robust, and a slight bit of insurance against ignorant folk working on the game with the power on.

#2457 35 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Freeplay40 will soon start on the left and right ramps!
The crossover ramp is already made and in stores.
The plastics have taken all summer, I think maybe spring we will have a first print???

I've asked before about them, but I think FreePlay40 was too backed up - someday I hope to be able to get repro TMNT ramps...!

#2458 35 days ago
Quoted from pb456:

I've asked before about them, but I think FreePlay40 was too backed up - someday I hope to be able to get repro TMNT ramps...!

hehe...I'm always backed up! Working to complete the Pinbot/Jackbot pieces then will move on to Black Belt and The Transporter ramps.

#2459 35 days ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Is your pinhauler a hearse??!

Hearses are purpose built to haul wood boxes. It’s a perfectly logical choice for a pinhauler.

#2460 35 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

hehe...I'm always backed up! Working to complete the Pinbot/Jackbot pieces then will move on to Black Belt and The Transporter ramps.

If you ever get to the point where you are itching to make some *other* ramps, I have a TMNT that could use some!

#2461 34 days ago

Hi guys,
Does anyone know is there someone who can change the sounds on a system 11 millionaire ( i believe it is 11a) , speech and or sound rom?

#2462 32 days ago

On Whirlwind I have been getting locked balls kicked out automatically. I asked on here and the first suggestion was to replace the 3 lock switches. I did that and played a few games without issue. On the last test game I was going to play sure enough the balls kick out. So about the same regularity prior to the new switches. It hasn't mattered if there are one or two balls locked.

I set up both 1 and 2 balls locked and triggered each switch on the rows and column that are shared with the 3 lock switches. I did this multiple times. None of them triggered it to kick out the balls. One thing to note is that when it kicks out the balls it just kicks them out. If there is one locked and I drop another into the lock area (as if the next highest switch is triggered) it will say "ball 2 locked" and then kicks out the next ball. So at this point I don't think it's a lock switch activating and causing it to kick out.

#2463 31 days ago

I'm finding that the black drop targets (part #03-8749, the ones that have opto tabs) on games such as Earthshaker and Riverboat Gambler are prone to breaking right at the thin part on the very bottom where the reset plate pops them back up. The plastic they're made of is unaffected by SciGrip solvent, the one I use to repair ramps, so that's no use. Has anyone had luck with using crazy glue to fix these, or are they made of one of the plastics the CA glues don't work well with? Yes, I can buy new ones, just don't want to if I don't have to.

#2464 30 days ago
Quoted from jibmums:

I'm finding that the black drop targets (part #03-8749, the ones that have opto tabs) on games such as Earthshaker and Riverboat Gambler are prone to breaking right at the thin part on the very bottom where the reset plate pops them back up. The plastic they're made of is unaffected by SciGrip solvent, the one I use to repair ramps, so that's no use. Has anyone had luck with using crazy glue to fix these, or are they made of one of the plastics the CA glues don't work well with? Yes, I can buy new ones, just don't want to if I don't have to.

It’s a lot of time / discussion/ effort to try various repairs when these targets are very cheap to just replace. High likelihood the repair doesn’t hold and you are back where you started. Lots of targets available.

#2465 29 days ago

I Have a System 11b CPU/Driver board from my Bad Cats that worked great for ten years before some old alkaline battery damage took out the sound section. Trying to get an idea as to what this thing might be worth.

Thanks,

Alan

#2466 28 days ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

I Have a System 11b CPU/Driver board from my Bad Cats that worked great for ten years before some old alkaline battery damage took out the sound section. Trying to get an idea as to what this thing might be worth.
Thanks,
Alan

Likely it had damaged U41 and/or U42 and/or any of the yellow SRC parts above the battery pack holder.

#2467 28 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Likely it had damaged U41 and/or U42 and/or any of the yellow SRC parts above the battery pack holder.

Definitely, I can see damage on U41 and SRC 2 and 5. This board should be repaired by an experienced tech. Need a value in it's current condition.

#2468 28 days ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Definitely, I can see damage on U41 and SRC 2 and 5. This board should be repaired by an experienced tech. Need a value in it's current condition.

As is value is tough to put on it, especially without a picture. Some boards are more damaged than others. I like having spare boards so I suggest asking chrishibler for a repair estimate. I repair my own, even as time consuming as it is sometimes but it worth having an original board.

#2469 28 days ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

I’ll give ya $200 for it

I really need a system 11B folks

#2470 28 days ago

Sold, it's yours. I'll throw in the shipping as well. PM sent.
Thank you, I appreciate it.

Alan

#2471 26 days ago

I have a system11c board for sale that is in need of repair. It has a transistor blown out and some general corrosion. It is not from battery leak, it must be from airborne something else. I don’t know. The transistor got smoked from a sling that got stuck on and went before I hit the power off. I have detailed pics of condition. Make a reasonable offer if you’re in the mood to repair. I will ship inside Canada for free next Tuesday. Other than that, I will ship for exact cost to any other take . If no taker here quickly I’ll put it on market.

0085DB32-1DA7-4855-AAAA-A32BBB4218F0 (resized).jpeg0E776FF9-8A75-4ABF-937C-3085BEB1F5D8 (resized).jpeg4E98C481-9E11-4D78-8ADC-3B2F9AA15C9D (resized).jpeg67BF2706-6731-42F8-8BC2-C0D3AC436B0D (resized).jpegE74AF906-4C67-4E7E-ACEA-2BCBED456F39 (resized).jpeg
#2472 24 days ago

So I got myself stuck again. Was trying to get the last 2 coils to fire on my cyclone and now it won't boot. Replaced u28 and got the coil 8, which was just a flasher, to work. Was probing to see why the knocker (7) wasn't firing and I must have jumped something trying to probe the transistor. I get a solid red on the left led and that is it. Sometimes it will start to flash like it is booting with "factory settings" but then goes blank. I read a little on the blanking circuit, but can anyone help me diagnose where to start?
Please and thanks to anyone willing to help.

#2473 24 days ago

Strangely enough it is now booting after a rest. I guess power supply? Anyway now I am trying to get the knocker to work. I get a pulse at q30 but the middle leg is no signal pulsing low but I think it should be high pulsing low?

#2474 23 days ago

Any techs with somr advice? I swapped u 19 to be sure it wasn't that. The input to u19 sol7 is low pulsing high like the other solenoids and the one pin is solid high. The output for sol7 low pulsing to no tone. In attrack the output is solid low like the input and the other pin is high like it should be. The transistor and predriver seem to test fine with a dmm. Not sure where to go next.

#2475 22 days ago
Quoted from Tomass:

The output for sol7 low pulsing to no tone.

That would indicate that there is no power on the coil, coil winding has a break in it or a break in the wire from the coil to the Cpu 1J-11 pin 8.

#2476 22 days ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

That would indicate that there is no power on the coil, coil winding has a break in it or a break in the wire from the coil to the Cpu 1J-11 pin 8.

Hmmm. The flasher does not work on the other side of 7. Does that make it a problem on the aux board?

#2477 21 days ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Does that make it a problem on the aux board?

It might be R-3 on the aux board, or a cracked header pin on 5J1 pin 2.

#2478 21 days ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

It might be R-3 on the aux board, or a cracked header pin on 5J1 pin 2.

Gotcha! Thanks.

2 weeks later
#2479 4 days ago

Latest addition added today

My System 11 row is taking shape - now i just have to find a HS and a SOF to round out my top eleven 11’s.

AD7529B2-9B2E-4367-8ABE-9293AE6DC6AD (resized).jpegEA1CF62C-8D25-4854-B9E8-FA7D185935F8 (resized).jpeg
#2480 4 days ago
Quoted from dozer1:

This is not always the fix, but it has corrected problems like this 3 out of 4 times for me anyway. Here is a cut and paste from an old thread.
Quoted from dozer1:
I might have a couple of games with similar issues. As long as I double click the toggle switch, everything will be OK and the games will boot without issue. If I just click the game on (like you should be able to do) a host of different things can happen. No display, bad noise from speaker, cleared high scores and settings, to name a few. This happens with my Taxi, Whirlwind, and F-14 sometimes. I will keep an eye on your thread for possible answers, otherwise continue double clicking as it is something I can live with.
The reset capacitor at C30 (a 22 uf electrolytic) can cause this. I have had mulitple games where they won't boot unless you flip the power twice and every time it was C30.

I went to my location today and the display was out again, so it was time to change C30. I did that and the display is now working when I power up, which is the good news. The interesting side is that in the two times I power cycled it, the knocker sounded both times. There are no other errors that it is showing, and was something that only ever happened previously when the display failed to come on. It's not an issue in reality as long as the display works, but if I can make it stop I'd prefer to.

#2481 4 days ago
Quoted from Completist:

Latest addition added today
My System 11 row is taking shape - now i just have to find a HS and a SOF to round out my top eleven 11’s.[quoted image][quoted image]

Then add another 19 and you’ll have all of them!

rd

#2482 4 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Then add another 19 and you’ll have all of them!
rd

That’s an awesome ambition. Going to be a grind that’s for sure!

#2483 4 days ago
Quoted from Completist:

That’s an awesome ambition. Going to be a grind that’s for sure!

Then you can truly be completist !!

rd

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Howell, MI
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
3,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Middletown, DE
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
£ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 229.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
There are 2483 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 50.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside