IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,583 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 92.
#2201 5 years ago

sign me up
I just got a Sorcerer and a space shuttle

#2202 5 years ago
Quoted from vassq:

sign me up

Both Sys9s.

Access denied! Lol.

rd

#2203 5 years ago

rotordave. Been following you for a long time. I'm just in awe of your System 11 collection...My favorites hands down!

Well done, sir.

#2204 5 years ago

How hard would it be to remove the head on a System 11 ? I'd like to get something to fool around with this winter,but it has to be a game, that I (beginner) can remove the head on. I have a nightmare of a staircase to maneuver this game up.

#2205 5 years ago
Quoted from vassq:

sign me up

The good news is if you buy a Comet you'll be system 9 complete. Then you will be the rotordave of System 9s!

Anyway, welcome to the system 9 club (not sure we actually have one).

#2206 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

How hard would it be to remove the head on a System 11 ?

It's not bad at all unless someone has hacked around with the wiring.
There are several connectors to take apart, that will generally only go back together correctly.
A couple of large bolts that hold the head in place. Most system 11s also have hinges. So you have to take a couple small bolts out of the hinges once the head is folded down. Not bad at all.
I took the head off the Grand Lizard I picked up yesterday as part of moving it, and have had the heads of a couple other of my system 11 games.

#2207 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

They’ve all gone way up in price since I bought them. Most have them have tripled.

You'd probably crap your pants at what I paid for my Bad Cats.

Even with everything in my collection it is the most expensive game I have ever bought. But totally worth it to me.

Chris

#2208 5 years ago

ISO transformer for my f14

#2209 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

You'd probably crap your pants at what I paid for my Bad Cats

Surprise us.

I paid a bit for my Bad Cats too. It was one of the last ones I needed - ended up getting one in the Philly area and shipping it home. Think it was $1800? Nice tidy PF and BG, cabinet is a bit faded. But it came with a nice tidy $400 Fireball 2 as well, so that sorta balanced it out.

Most I’ve paid for a Sys11 was the very nice restored Pinbot I got off pinheadpierre up near Sacramento. That was $2700 I think. New PF, the works. I already had a Pinbot but this one was much much nicer. I sold mine which subsidised a lot of the new one.

You can see the new Pinbot (and some more of my pins) in this video.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiwi-arcades-video-of-the-rd-arcade

rd

#2210 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Most I’ve paid for a Sys11 was the very nice restored Pinbot I got off pinheadpierre up near Sacramento. That was $2700 I think. New PF, the works. I already had a Pinbot but this one was much much nicer. I sold mine which subsidised a lot of the new one.

They seem to go for more than that here:

$5k Mousin' Around: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/west-croydon/miscellaneous-goods/-mousin-around-pinball-machine/1175380868

$3.5k Jokerz: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/west-croydon/miscellaneous-goods/jokerz-pinball-machine/1172965846

Even this Millionaire project they're asking $1k + tax: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/caroline-springs/collectables/millionaire-non-working-project-millionaire-pinball-machine/1184811817

#2211 5 years ago

I am wondeing Grumpy if you can point me at a starting point to get my Space Station board to boot? A quick review:
- board was sent away for repair, but the repair job was less than stellar
- board would boot if I left it on for 10 minutes then re-powered on, or if I flexed the board. Everything was working once it started.
- I was trying to track down the booting issue thinking it was a cold solder issue somewhere, so I reflowed pins in the u2 / u3 area
- afterwards it won't boot at all now, and have it on bench trying to diagnose
- only 5v led comes on, not the diagnostic or blanking leds

Following the Repairng Williams System 11 Pinball guide, I have checked:
- good 5v / 12v to the board
- u25 was changed to nvram
- using logic probe, u15 pin 39 seems to react properly (both high and low lights are solid)
- grounded pin 40 of u15 to see if reset circuit resets, nothing
- checked the PIA chips by testing with DMM pins 2-17, and all read in the .4 to .8v range, and all get +5v at pin 20 when powered on
- checked u11 and u13 with DMM, pins 1-9, 11-19 seem to read fine
- replaced the 4 caps (including c30) on the mpu

What should I be checking or replacing next? Thanks in advance!

Quoted from GRUMPY:

This fine, did you hook up a 12 volt line too?

#2212 5 years ago

sign me up!

I just found this today. I am a big time System 11 fan! I currently own a Pin*Bot and High Speed. I have a buddy with a Road Kings that I really like and I'm looking at buying a Swords of Fury soon!

#2213 5 years ago

Guys, I'm new to Pinside and am working on my second solid state machine, a 1989 Williams Police Force. My first machine, a Bally Fireball Classic, spoiled me. All I had to do was clean it up a bit. Pretty much everything worked when I got it. This Police Force is kicking my butt. It doesn't help that I'm a novice when it comes to solid state issues. When I turn on the machine the CPU appears to power up. I get the two LED lights on the CPU steady on and the center LED blinking. The two displays are completely dead though and I'm not sure where to start looking to correct this.

Some background info:
This was originally a 220v machine that someone has converted over to 110v.
I had to replace the coin door switch and I'm not sure, when the coin door is open should the contacts in the coin door switch be open or closed. I'm thinking they should be closed? I think the schematic shows this switch to be open which it would be with the coin door closed.
With the coin door open, and contacts in coin door switch closed, and I press the SW2 test button on the CPU, I get the center LED blinking 2 times and the right LED blinking 10 times. Is this giving me a clue as to why the displays are dead? How can I check the displays to make sure they haven't gassed out?

I read in CFH's "Repairing Williams System 11 Pinball 1986-1990" (THANKS cfh) that a good thing to check for a dead display are two 39k resistors on the Power board. Setting my really cheap multi-meter to 200k ohms, I get 39.2 on one of them and 40.3 on the other. That's with the Power board sitting on the workbench. Am I correct to think they are good?

Thanks for your advice in advance,
Rick

#2214 5 years ago
Quoted from Rick37160:

Guys, I'm new to Pinside and am working on my second solid state machine, a 1989 Williams Police Force. My first machine, a Bally Fireball Classic, spoiled me. All I had to do was clean it up a bit. Pretty much everything worked when I got it. This Police Force is kicking my butt. It doesn't help that I'm a novice when it comes to solid state issues. When I turn on the machine the CPU appears to power up. I get the two LED lights on the CPU steady on and the center LED blinking. The two displays are completely dead though and I'm not sure where to start looking to correct this.
Some background info:
This was originally a 220v machine that someone has converted over to 110v.
I had to replace the coin door switch and I'm not sure, when the coin door is open should the contacts in the coin door switch be open or closed. I'm thinking they should be closed? I think the schematic shows this switch to be open which it would be with the coin door closed.
With the coin door open, and contacts in coin door switch closed, and I press the SW2 test button on the CPU, I get the center LED blinking 2 times and the right LED blinking 10 times. Is this giving me a clue as to why the displays are dead? How can I check the displays to make sure they haven't gassed out?
I read in CFH's "Repairing Williams System 11 Pinball 1986-1990" (THANKS cfh) that a good thing to check for a dead display are two 39k resistors on the Power board. Setting my really cheap multi-meter to 200k ohms, I get 39.2 on one of them and 40.3 on the other. That's with the Power board sitting on the workbench. Am I correct to think they are good?
Thanks for your advice in advance,
Rick

First thing to check is the voltage supply to the displays. No volts - no work! Info should be in Clays guides you have. You need to check the high power section of the power board.

Second, check the data cable from the cpu to the display. No data - no work!

That gives you somewhere to start.

rd

#2215 5 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

- board would boot if I left it on for 10 minutes then re-powered on, or if I flexed the board. Everything was working once it started.

Have you replaced the chip sockets for the rom chips?

#2216 5 years ago

No I haven't touched them (assuming you are talking about u21 and u22). Should I?

Quoted from GRUMPY:

Have you replaced the chip sockets for the rom chips?

#2217 5 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

No I haven't touched them (assuming you are talking about u21 and u22).

No U-26 and U-27. U-21 and U-22 are sound ROMs and will not cause this kind of issue.

#2218 5 years ago

Sorry, right. Not sure what I was thinking when I said that. No, they are socketed, but I didn't touch them.

Quoted from GRUMPY:

No U-26 and U-27. U-21 and U-22 are sound ROMs and will not cause this kind of issue.

#2219 5 years ago

elvira is gone (from time now), and pinbot just came in

#2220 5 years ago

Last call.

I'm looking for someone sitting on an old taxi playfield that is beyond bringing back with touch-up. I'm about to sand down an average one to hardtop it.

Anyone?

#2221 5 years ago

Looking for two of the Locking Cam Brackets shown in the upper drawing in the pic. Part numberr I need is: Wms. 01-9281, not the bracket in the lower drawing. Needed for Bad Cats and Jokerz! Thanks.

20180616_103351 (resized).jpg20180616_103351 (resized).jpg
#2222 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

First thing to check is the voltage supply to the displays. No volts - no work! Info should be in Clays guides you have. You need to check the high power section of the power board.
Second, check the data cable from the cpu to the display. No data - no work!
That gives you somewhere to start.
rd

Thanks Dave for the advice.
I checked voltages from the power board to the main display; -100v, +100v and +5v all appear to be making it to the display.
I checked continuity on all of the strands in the data cable from the CPU to the main display and it also appears data should be getting there.
Is there anything else I can check before assuming the main display is shot?
Curious, if power and data are getting to the main display, what about the small display? It's also dead.
I know power and data passes through the main display to get to the small display but should or shouldn't I see something on the small display regardless if the main display is dead?

Another note: I just noticed that the CPU in my Police Force, game #573, appears to be out of a Whirlwind, game #574. At least that's what I'm seeing on the paper sticker on the CPU. How is that going to affect game play?

Rick

DSC_0147 copy (resized).jpgDSC_0147 copy (resized).jpg
#2223 5 years ago
Quoted from Rick37160:

How is that going to affect game play?

Not at all. As for your displays, did you have a good blanking signal at the display board?

#2224 5 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Not at all. As for your displays, did you have a good blanking signal at the display board?

Grumpy, please excuse my lack of knowledge, I'm new at this. How do I check the blanking signal?

Rick

#2225 5 years ago
Quoted from Rick37160:

I'm new at this. How do I check the blanking signal?

You can check it with a voltmeter or a logic probe. If you need help with there operation, just ask. Do you have a manual? Page #86 shows you that the blanking signal leaves the CPU board on pin 2 of J-22 on the way to the display board. Page #88 is the display board and it shows that the blanking signal goes U1,U2,U5 and U6. So if you measure pin 1 of U1 on the display board after the game boots up it should read as a low on a logic probe or read 0.8 volts DC or lower on the voltmeter. If you see a high or 5 volts DC then your ribbon cable maybe bad or you may have a problem with the CPU board. To check to see if the ribbon cable is bad you can reverse both ends and retest. If this doesn't help then you need to test pin 2 of J-22 on the CPU board as a bad trace or cold solder joint on J-22 can cause this.

#2226 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

It's not bad at all unless someone has hacked around with the wiring.
There are several connectors to take apart, that will generally only go back together correctly.
A couple of large bolts that hold the head in place. Most system 11s also have hinges. So you have to take a couple small bolts out of the hinges once the head is folded down. Not bad at all.
I took the head off the Grand Lizard I picked up yesterday as part of moving it, and have had the heads of a couple other of my system 11 games.

Thank you.

#2227 5 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get a ball gate assembly (left ramp part number A-13288) for Mousin Around?

#2228 5 years ago

How low can you usually turn the volume on a System 11? I can turn Space Station almost off, but Radical never turns down very much and the pot seems scratchy. Is the pot failing?

#2229 5 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

How low can you usually turn the volume on a System 11? I can turn Space Station almost off, but Radical never turns down very much and the pot seems scratchy. Is the pot failing?

Probably! Hit it with some oil free contact cleaner (always oil free! CRC make one ...) then move it rapidly left and right about 10 times.

Or replace it. $3.

rd

#2230 5 years ago

Guys, thank you for your help with this machine.
After determining that both displays were bad, I sold it to a pinball arcade the other day so they can finish restoring it.
I'm sticking with my Fireball Classic.

Rick

#2231 5 years ago
Quoted from Rick37160:

Guys, thank you for your help with this machine.
After determining that both displays were bad, I sold it to a pinball arcade the other day so they can finish restoring it.
I'm sticking with my Fireball Classic.
Rick

I like the Classic.

#2233 5 years ago

Added Fire today.

Radical
Pool Sharks
Gameshow
Dr. Dude
EATPM
Bad Cats
Diner
Police Force
Riverboat Gambler
Swords of Fury
Cyclone
Jokerz
F-14
Taxi
Earthshaker
Fire

#2234 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Added Fire today.
Radical
Pool Sharks
Gameshow
Dr. Dude
EATPM
Bad Cats
Diner
Police Force
Riverboat Gambler
Swords of Fury
Cyclone
Jokerz
F-14
Taxi
Earthshaker
Fire

Over half way there champ!

rd

#2235 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Added Fire today.
Radical
Pool Sharks
Gameshow
Dr. Dude
EATPM
Bad Cats
Diner
Police Force
Riverboat Gambler
Swords of Fury
Cyclone
Jokerz
F-14
Taxi
Earthshaker
Fire

I'll see your 16 sys11's and raise you 5.

#2236 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Over half way there champ!
rd

Ha. Slowly but sure wins the race. Actually when I picked up the Fire the seller had a Banzai Run........I didn't even want to ask.

#2237 5 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

I'll see your 16 sys11's and raise you 5.

#2238 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Added Fire today.
Radical
Pool Sharks
Gameshow
Dr. Dude
EATPM
Bad Cats
Diner
Police Force
Riverboat Gambler
Swords of Fury
Cyclone
Jokerz
F-14
Taxi
Earthshaker
Fire

What, no Whirlwind?

#2239 5 years ago

Up to Two Sys 11 now. Prob one of the fewest owned ones and the most owned one

Game Show is my new one, will have lots of time to put into it when the weather goes to shit in the winter, fun game

5580E210-6C82-48A4-93B4-7D352781F74F (resized).jpeg5580E210-6C82-48A4-93B4-7D352781F74F (resized).jpeg
#2240 5 years ago

Best generation of pinball. System 11!

#2241 5 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Up to Two Sys 11 now. Prob one of the fewest owned ones and the most owned one
Game Show is my new one, will have lots of time to put into it when the weather goes to shit in the winter, fun game

Love the mirrored bg on RS.

#2242 5 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

What, no Whirlwind?

To be honest. WW isn't one of my favor machines. I know i'm not odd many out but I am. So that is always further down the list of wants on my part. Don't you worry.......I'm working on it........

chris

1 week later
#2243 5 years ago

My display is out on Diner. It has happened in the past but a quick power cycle fixed it and then the issue went away. Well, yesterday it wouldn't go away. I swear I posted in the past about this and asked about the likely fix. It was answered but now for the life of me I can't find the post. I think it was a single capacitor that was suggested to be replaced. Sound familiar to anyone?

#2244 5 years ago

Ah ha! I had taken a screen shot, so still have no idea what thread it was in. It looks like C30 on the MPU board is the first target. 22mfd @10V.

#2245 5 years ago

Proud member of this club.
IMG_5348 (resized).jpgIMG_5348 (resized).jpgIMG_5349 (resized).jpgIMG_5349 (resized).jpgIMG_5351 (resized).jpgIMG_5351 (resized).jpgIMG_5361 (resized).jpgIMG_5361 (resized).jpgIMG_5374 (resized).jpgIMG_5374 (resized).jpg

#2246 5 years ago

Finally got all the system 11 games in one row!

20180718_223331 (resized).jpg20180718_223331 (resized).jpg20180718_223405 (resized).jpg20180718_223405 (resized).jpg20180718_223438 (resized).jpg20180718_223438 (resized).jpg20180718_224320 (resized).jpg20180718_224320 (resized).jpg20180718_224335 (resized).jpg20180718_224335 (resized).jpg20180718_224403 (resized).jpg20180718_224403 (resized).jpg20180718_224451 (resized).jpg20180718_224451 (resized).jpg20180718_224507 (resized).jpg20180718_224507 (resized).jpg20180718_224515 (resized).jpg20180718_224515 (resized).jpg20180718_224525 (resized).jpg20180718_224525 (resized).jpg
#2247 5 years ago

Pinwizkid: I see an imposter in that crowd....

#2248 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Pinwizkid: I see an imposter in that crowd....

It's just an adolescent System 11.

#2249 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

It's just an adolescent System 11.

Best description of System 9s there is!

#2250 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

Finally got all the system 11 games in one row!

Awesome

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Titusville, FL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,583 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 92.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club/page/45?hl=ajfclark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.