IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,569 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 92.
#2051 6 years ago

Sign me up!

Feeling the power of the wind.

#2052 6 years ago

Picked up a Whirlwind recently. In decent shape. I had to de-rainbow-puke it, rivet one target and replace another broken one.

Question: When a ball is in the shooter lane for a period of time, the game goes into a ball search. Is this normal?
Shooter lane switch is working correctly.

#2053 6 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Is this normal?

No.

Quoted from zene10:

Shooter lane switch is working correctly.

Does it have a pink connector on the switch? Yes, cut it off and solder wire to the switch.

#2054 6 years ago

Switch

Quoted from GRUMPY:

No.

Does it have a pink connector on the switch? Yes, cut it off and solder wire to the switch.

Shooter lane - Switch-Matrix: Switch 59, Row: White-Orange, Column: Green-Gray.

Looks like I have an issue: The diode is correct, however, I have a White-Red wire soldered to the same terminal as the White-Orange.

I'll try cutting the White-Red and check the White-Red row to see where the errant wire should belong.

Thanks.

IMG_3018 (resized).JPGIMG_3018 (resized).JPG

#2055 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

That sounds like a nightmare. I'll get in there and test the diodes and see what I find.

You can narrow it down slightly by unplugging large banks of targets if that is an option (I think diner has at least one bank of drop targets doesn’t it?)

#2056 6 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Switch

Shooter lane - Switch-Matrix: Switch 59, Row: White-Orange, Column: Green-Gray.
Looks like I have an issue: The diode is correct, however, I have a White-Red wire soldered to the same terminal as the White-Orange.
I'll try cutting the White-Red and check the White-Red row to see where the errant wire should belong.
Thanks.

Looking at the schematic, the White-Red and White-Orange share a jumpered connecter at the board. I thought that might be an issue.

I clipped the White-Red wire and the switch was dead. Hmmm...

But after tracing wires back, the White-Red wire in the picture turned out to be a White-'Reddish Orange' and not White-Red. There are definitely two different shades of orange in the White-Orange wiring.

I'll try GRUMPY 's suggestion next and remove the pink connector and solder directly.

#2057 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I am curently operating a High Speed, an F14 and hopefully a Taxi soon. They don't earn quite like the latest and greatest, but it's great to have some classics mixed in. The High Speed gets a lot of love.

I have a Diner, Taxi, F14, and Police Force on route. My biz partner has a WW and we both have High Speed projects. Diner tends to compete with my AFM as far as earnings go, and AFM was 6.5X the cost. Sys11s are great games, but are also great bang for the buck.

#2059 6 years ago

I’m starting a Transporter project, next to impossible to find parts... please help an insane person out

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transporter-the-rescue-rescue

4897A551-04AA-4725-BC21-D01EE074DC70 (resized).jpeg4897A551-04AA-4725-BC21-D01EE074DC70 (resized).jpeg

#2060 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I’m starting a Transporter project, next to impossible to find parts... please help an insane person out
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transporter-the-rescue-rescue

Damn, you better wear a breathing filter mask and gloves when you tear into that.

#2061 6 years ago

Sign me up!

#2062 6 years ago

Hey club! Joining soon hopefully today. Can someone tell me, are the cabinet dimensions the same for a WPC cabinet vs a System 11? My 2002 CRV fits a 90s WPC game barely, so curious if I'll have any trouble with an F14 Tomcat in the same space. Thanks!

#2063 6 years ago

Should be the same by looking at my pins, but f14 at the opposite end of the line of 10 pins, but can’t see any notable differences

#2064 6 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Hey club! Joining soon hopefully today. Can someone tell me, are the cabinet dimensions the same for a WPC cabinet vs a System 11? My 2002 CRV fits a 90s WPC game barely, so curious if I'll have any trouble with an F14 Tomcat in the same space. Thanks!

Dimensions are the same.

#2065 6 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

Dimensions are the same.

Confirmed by it fitting in my car the exact same way as my T2. Thanks! Excited to be part of the club! Love F14!

IMG_3425 (resized).JPGIMG_3425 (resized).JPG

#2066 6 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

F14 Tomcat in the same space. Thanks!

Woo hoo, F14 in da house!

#2067 6 years ago

Just picked this F14 up! Starting to go through it and de-glitch it.

2C9FE114-92FA-4128-87D8-1433AACB08A0 (resized).jpeg2C9FE114-92FA-4128-87D8-1433AACB08A0 (resized).jpeg

#2069 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Damn, you better wear a breathing filter mask and gloves when you tear into that.

Bro, you have no idea how excited I am to have this project, even if I find a full machine, I’m still going through with the process. But I need parts!!!

Anyone have a 3 bank drop target set from whirlwind, Radical, pool sharks, big guns? I just need 1 more set, including the opto board that comes on it, for a decent price ??

74F3B9C0-FB5C-45E3-B6C8-33BB3C9D37B3 (resized).png74F3B9C0-FB5C-45E3-B6C8-33BB3C9D37B3 (resized).png

D7AB6059-7AAE-41B1-AD2D-E95B22100DE9 (resized).pngD7AB6059-7AAE-41B1-AD2D-E95B22100DE9 (resized).png

#2070 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Bro, you have no idea how excited I am to have this project, even if I find a full machine, I’m still going through with the process. But I need parts!!!
Anyone have a 3 bank drop target set from whirlwind, Radical, pool sharks, big guns? I just need 1 more set, including the opto board that comes on it, for a decent price ??

Radical (System 11C) has different boards to the one you've pictured that uses a single connector in the middle for both power and signalling:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Space Station (System 11B) uses the same board as you've pictured (I think):
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2071 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Radical (System 11C) has different boards to the one you've pictured that uses a single connector in the middle for both power and signalling:

Space Station (System 11B) uses the same board as you've pictured (I think):

You’re right! Thanks, so yes, I need the one I pictured, omit Radical

#2072 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

You’re right! Thanks, so yes, I need the one I pictured, omit Radical

Marco had a universal one that is supposed to work with many System 11 games but they are out of stock.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-13205-1

Not that you care, but I had to pay a bit more than this for a Whirlwind specific opto off of Ebay today. Boo.

#2073 6 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Marco had a universal one that is supposed to work with many System 11 games but they are out of stock.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-13205-1
Not that you care, but I had to pay a bit more than this for a Whirlwind specific opto off of Ebay today. Boo.

Thank you!

A few gracious pinsider sold me theirs!

Now I need the bowl that goes on top of the crossover ramp and various plastics

#2074 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Your all set on drop mechs and opto boards? You rock man. This is really coming together.. Hopefully Freeplay40 changes his mind on that bowl cover for the crossover ramp. There is a quite a few out there that were damaged by the flasher bulb.

#2075 6 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Your all set on drop mechs and opto boards? You rock man. This is really coming together.. Hopefully freeplay40 changes his mind on that bowl cover for the crossover ramp. There is a quite a few out there that were damaged by the flasher bulb.

If I decide not to do the cover I will give you the one I have....It's not perfect but better than nothing!

#2076 6 years ago

Good day folks.

Question is there a way to lower the default high scores on my F-14 Tomcat? I want my kids to be able to compete against each other and get excited about entering their initials but the default high scores start around 3,500,000 points and that's just not realistic for them at the moment.

#2077 6 years ago
Quoted from CoitusMysterioso:

Good day folks.
Question is there a way to lower the default high scores on my F-14 Tomcat? I want my kids to be able to compete against each other and get excited about entering their initials but the default high scores start around 3,500,000 points and that's just not realistic for them at the moment.

Yes. Head into the settings, crank the backup highscores (Adjustment numbers 14, 15, 16, 17) way down (eg. click into manual/down, hold start until you get to 0 or something, then auto/up, adv to the next one), then reset the high scores.

I also usually turn OFF high score resets (adj 22 from memory).

See the manual for further details: http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/804/Williams_1987_F_14_Tomcat_Full_Manual.pdf

#2078 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

If I decide not to do the cover I will give you the one I have....It's not perfect but better than nothing!

Quoted from Chosen_S:

Thank you!
Now I need the bowl that goes on top of the crossover ramp and various plastics

Yes It’s coming along! Doing my best to collect every part... the plastics are going to be the biggest challenge.

dozer1 Freeplay40 if you guys don’t figure out a way to reproduce this piece, I’ll jump in and help figure out something!

#2079 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Yes. Head into the settings, crank the backup highscores (Adjustment numbers 14, 15, 16, 17) way down (eg. click into manual/down, hold start until you get to 0 or something, then auto/up, adv to the next one), then reset the high scores

A Sys11 trick for those who don’t know -

When making adjustments (as per above) when you hold the start button the digits advance forward.

If you want to go backwards, push the centre adjustment button down (it locks) and the digits go backwards. Nicccceeeee

rd

#2080 6 years ago

edit: The same question is both here and the f-14 thread and I answered it in both, but slightly different posts. That's what's confused me.

#2081 6 years ago

Im having an issue with pool sharks. letter "O" on the 4 bank targets isalways opens on that drop target. Right when the ball is plunged it credits the "O" target as being hit. also during teh gaem if targets are completed, it will start off with "O" being collected immediately. even if i unplug the harness at that drop target assembly, it still does it. i did replace the opto initially and it still had the issue. so i assume the drop target opto board isnt at fault, correct?
this machine has had this issue since i purchased it. all other switches work correct in the game

#2082 6 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

Im having an issue with pool sharks. letter "O" on the 4 bank targets isalways opens on that drop target. Right when the ball is plunged it credits the "O" target as being hit. also during teh gaem if targets are completed, it will start off with "O" being collected immediately. even if i unplug the harness at that drop target assembly, it still does it. i did replace the opto initially and it still had the issue. so i assume the drop target opto board isnt at fault, correct?
this machine has had this issue since i purchased it. all other switches work correct in the game

Some of these issues can be like finding a needle in a haystack.

First off, I would get the switch matrix, and follow the row and column of the affected switches and check for loose/broken diodes on the other switches.

You can also check the CPU for errors by removing the rows and columns molex plugs and using a jumper lead across the plugs. This discounts the CPU as being a problem. Then you know the issue is on the playfield.

rd

#2083 6 years ago

What would sys 11c boards be worth? I have a Top Dawg bowler that I am about to give up on. I just spent over $250 having the mpu and power supply rebuilt by Chris Hibler. I think its time to stop throwing good money after bad.

#2084 6 years ago

Unfortunately, the 11c board is the one with the least compatibility, as it is completely missing the sound section. If it is a known working board, I image you could get somewhere between $150 to $200 for it.

#2085 6 years ago

I need a system 11b, but I Have an 11c

Anyone have a parts list of what to populate the sound section with?

#2086 6 years ago

Are the sys 11 displays interchangeable between pinball machines and shuffle bowlers? Would the display driver board from a shuffle bower work in a pin?

#2087 6 years ago
Quoted from kaz1961:

Are the sys 11 displays interchangeable between pinball machines and shuffle bowlers? Would the display driver board from a shuffle bower work in a pin?

There are several different System 11 displays. Some have individual boards; some combined boards; some are 16-alpha while others have some alphanumeric, some numeric, and credit/match display. Which shuffle bowler is it?

#2088 6 years ago

It is a Top Dawg, has six individual displays and one credit display.

#2089 6 years ago

Back at my old condo. I have a house now and the games are in the basement soon to be joined by the other system 11 games I have. Will post pics of that when the gameroom is more setup:

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg

Added over 6 years ago: Oh yeah... Sign me up!

#2090 6 years ago

Love it Pinwizkid each pin gets their own fluffy carpet!

#2091 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

Back at my old condo. I have a house now and the games are in the basement soon to be joined by the other system 11 games I have. Will post pics of that when the gameroom is more setup:

Sounds like the couch and tv are going bye bye.

#2092 6 years ago

I need ramps for Transporter... all three except the crossover, can a few of you fellows that need ramps for transporter please send Freeplay40 a message or post on his ramp thread that you are interested?!?

He has the ramps in question and can produce them if there’s enough interest...

Or if you want to sell me yours, I will take the 2 that are on the rear left, the one on the right I might attempt making a wire form , maybe. Maybe not

#2093 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

Hey Brendan, congrats on the house! Kelly and I bought one last year also, finally enough room for my collection (and a few to come) in the basement.

#2094 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

Will post pics of that when the gameroom is more setup:

I dig the “power-up” foot rests. Very clever.

#2095 6 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Hey Brendan, congrats on the house! Kelly and I bought one last year also, finally enough room for my collection (and a few to come) in the basement.

Congrats to you as well! I loved my condo and having those 4 pins together was great, but the all the additional open space in the basement is worth it!

#2096 6 years ago

Sign me up! Just got my first machine, Diner, and we are loving it. Prepare for the onslaught of questions...

IMG_0460 (resized).JPGIMG_0460 (resized).JPG

#2097 6 years ago

Still working on a Space Station with boot up issues. It will only boot randomly. What I have just found is that if I leave the machine on for an hour (in the state where the cpu didn't boot), when I come back to it, it seems to boot fine. So, something seems to be heating up and then making the required connection for the cpu to boot. Does that point to a cracked solder joint somewhere on cpu, or a power supply issue?

Voltages seems good, and power supply caps have been replaced.

#2098 6 years ago

Sign me up! I have a High Speed already and a Cyclone coming tomorrow!

#2099 6 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Still working on a Space Station with boot up issues. It will only boot randomly. What I have just found is that if I leave the machine on for an hour (in the state where the cpu didn't boot), when I come back to it, it seems to boot fine. So, something seems to be heating up and then making the required connection for the cpu to boot. Does that point to a cracked solder joint somewhere on cpu, or a power supply issue?
Voltages seems good, and power supply caps have been replaced.

Check for burnt connectors going to and from the transformer, or cold solder joints on the power supply board

#2100 6 years ago

11b - Does anyone know if there are supposed to be diodes on the Pop Bumper solenoids?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,569 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 92.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club/page/42?hl=deleenhe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.