IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,583 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 92.
#1951 6 years ago
Quoted from Pwaka1986:

Sign me up. I Love System 11 games!

Welcome to the club, and to Pinside!

#1952 6 years ago

Anyone sitting on a jokerz playfield?

I need one.

Thanks

#1953 6 years ago

Sign me up! My favorite of all pins. Great themes, rule sets, and artwork!

I currently own Diner, High Speed, and Rollergames, and sort of like a sys 11 a DE Simpsons, Bad Cats is also coming soon! Very excited about that one.

#1954 6 years ago

Both low.

Quoted from GRUMPY:

So SS #2, #4 are working now. So what do you get at pin 3 and 6 of U-50 with a game started.

#1955 6 years ago

So, yes F3 is part of the story. It is blowing very quickly. During one test I could ground Q79 (lower pop bumper) and Q73 (right pop) and both would fire. When I grounded Q77 (middle pop), the fuse would blow.

I removed the board and checked the transistors, pre-drivers, traces, etc. and didn't find any shorts.

I then checked under the playfield for shorts, crossed wires and such and didn't see anything. Continuity back to the board (ground) was fine and was very close to 0 ohms. Even replaced the diode on the coil to see if it may be an issue.

Replaced everything and F3 fuse blew within a few seconds of starting a game.

Thoughts?

Quoted from ajfclark:

Contrary to the manual, they are all on the same wire, red-white, which is fused by F3. I'd start checking voltages from there.

#1956 6 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

When I grounded Q77 (middle pop), the fuse would blow.

Is the coil resistance low? Is the coil diode shorted?

Quoted from jedi42:During one test I could ground Q79 (lower pop bumper) and Q73 (right pop) and both would fire

Check the switch adjustment on the right pop, maybe to sensitive and going off on vibration.

#1957 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Anyone sitting on a jokerz playfield?
I need one.
Thanks

Sitting on a nice complete machine for sale!

#1958 6 years ago

Coils all read the same, just around 4 ohms. Diode was replaced on center pop already. Adjustments are fine.

Tried to diagnose a bit more, and this may help. I disconnected the left/middle pop bumper (which I thought was the issue). Once I start up the machine, the bottom pop bumper immediately fires and stays on until the fuse blows.

I then disconnected 1J19 from the MPU. Games starts, and nothing happens. As soon as I reconnect the plug, the bottom pop immediately fires, and stays on until the fuse blows.

Is this telling me anything?

Quoted from GRUMPY:

Is the coil resistance low? Is the coil diode shorted?

Check the switch adjustment on the right pop, maybe to sensitive and going off on vibration.

#1959 6 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

I then disconnected 1J19 from the MPU. Games starts, and nothing happens. As soon as I reconnect the plug, the bottom pop immediately fires, and stays on until the fuse blows.

Is this telling me anything?

Yes. 1J19 is the ground for the special solenoids. The fuse is blowing because there's a path to ground that's being held on too long. The driver circuit for the bottom jet is Q79 and friends.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Q79 would be the likely candidate but given the other issues you've had with the board, I'd check continuity between everything on that schematic.

If that all checks out, I'd leave 1J19 disconnected. Turn on, go into diag. Check the voltage at:
- U50 pin 4 (low), 5 (high), 6 (low)
- Q78 base (low), collector (high) and emitter (low)
- Q79 base (low), collector (will float with 1J19 disconnected) and emitter (low)

#1960 6 years ago

Did some logic testing. Q76 and Q77 are giving me the weird readings ( as compared to the others). Going to go ahead and replace them both and see what happens.

U-50 tested as you suggested below.

Quoted from ajfclark:

Yes. 1J19 is the ground for the special solenoids. The fuse is blowing because there's a path to ground that's being held on too long. The driver circuit for the bottom jet is Q79 and friends.

Q79 would be the likely candidate but given the other issues you've had with the board, I'd check continuity between everything on that schematic.
If that all checks out, I'd leave 1J19 disconnected. Turn on, go into diag. Check the voltage at:
- U50 pin 4 (low), 5 (high), 6 (low)
- Q78 base (low), collector (high) and emitter (low)
- Q79 base (low), collector (will float with 1J19 disconnected) and emitter (low)

#1961 6 years ago

Check the zener diode on the switch input for this coil as it maybe shorted.

Quoted from jedi42:Did some logic testing. Q76 and Q77 are giving me the weird readings ( as compared to the others). Going to go ahead and replace them both and see what happens.
U-50 tested as you suggested below.

#1962 6 years ago

Question can you replace a tip42 with a tip42c? Someone did this on my bk2k and seemed to cause a column to lock on. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/b2k2-knight-lights-not-turning-off-100

#1963 6 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Did some logic testing. Q76 and Q77 are giving me the weird readings ( as compared to the others). Going to go ahead and replace them both and see what happens.

Q76 and Q77 are special solenoid #5, left jet.

#1964 6 years ago
Quoted from PinWiz1969:

Sign me up! My favorite of all pins. Great themes, rule sets, and artwork!
I currently own Diner, High Speed, and Rollergames, and sort of like a sys 11 a DE Simpsons, Bad Cats is also coming soon! Very excited about that one.

Woah great collection here. I'm in aurora and I know how hard these titles are to get around these parts..

#1965 6 years ago

0 for 2.....Taxi and Whirlwind problems

I’m kind of new to this so please bare with me. Just picked up a Taxi. GI light but that’s it. No display. No inserts, nothing. None of the 3 diagnostic LEDs light. Obviously no power getting to the board. I did all I really know how to do. Checked the fuses and reseated the connectors.

Also have a Whirlwind that was working great except for the display. Followed what I could find on line and replaced R1 and R4 resistors. Display worked for about a week and is now dark again.

Any suggestions of what to do next on both or either of these issues would be really appreciated.

Would also be open to the name of a good Pinball repair guy in the Maryland suburbs outside Washington DC.

#1966 6 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Where is a good place to hook up to get 12vdc? Adding EL wire to my Dr. Dude.
thx

Izzy. I hooked up my RBG topper to the power driver board. You can always wall wart it to the service box to.

#1967 6 years ago
Quoted from Leosac:

0 for 2.....Taxi and Whirlwind problems

Sounds like both need the power supplies rebuilt.

Quoted from Leosac:Would also be open to the name of a good Pinball repair guy in the Maryland suburbs outside Washington DC.

I'm a fair repairman, but don't live in DC.

#1968 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Izzy. I hooked up my RBG topper to the power driver board. You can always wall wart it to the service box to.

Eric,
thanks. I hope all is well.

#1969 6 years ago

Just added another. F-14. Looking at a Taxi this weekend.

Radical
Pool Sharks
Gameshow
Dr. Dude
EATPM
Bad Cats
Diner
Police Force
Riverboat Gambler
Swords of Fury
Cyclone
Jokerz
F-14

#1970 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Radical
Pool Sharks
Gameshow
Dr. Dude
EATPM
Bad Cats
Diner
Police Force
Riverboat Gambler
Swords of Fury
Cyclone
Jokerz
F-14

Seek help.

For what it's worth, I'm really enjoying my F14. It'll have to go due to space, but it is adrenaline inducing fun!

#1971 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Radical
Pool Sharks
Gameshow
Dr. Dude
EATPM
Bad Cats
Diner
Police Force
Riverboat Gambler
Swords of Fury
Cyclone
Jokerz
F-14

I'm really enjoying the two Sys11s I have here ( Space Station and Radical!) and a police force came up nearby-ish...

What do you think of Police Force?

#1972 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

I'm really enjoying the two Sys11s I have here ( Space Station and Radical!) and a police force came up nearby-ish...

I loved police force. It’s cheesy as all get out but I love it. The call outs are hilarious

#1973 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I loved police force. It’s cheesy as all get out but I love it. The call outs are hilarious

It's not just shoot the middle ramp all day?

Cabinet needs work: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/west-croydon/miscellaneous-goods/police-force-pinball-machine/1175305700

#1974 6 years ago

It could be if that’s how you wanted to play it. But I always just played the game when I had it. Put all the bad guys in jail etc...

#1975 6 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Seek help.
For what it's worth, I'm really enjoying my F14. It'll have to go due to space, but it is adrenaline inducing fun!

Yeah I’m looking forward to getting some time on it. I might end up dropping a new play field in it. This hobby is out of control.

#1976 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

I like police force. It’s not deep but the call outs are fun. It’s also a fun game for group play. We always pull names out of the hat when we play it for the final order. That way it’s fair whoever goes last has a chance at stealing the high score.

It’s a fun shooter and it’s another sys11 in your collection so how do you go wrong.

I miss space station. That layout was just so unique with the slings right against the flippers.

#1977 6 years ago

Current count is 2 at my house: a mint HUO, one owner Whirlwind I picked up right before Christmas and a really nice Pinbot.

1B998F7A-C55A-4F21-941E-455C413F85DF (resized).jpeg1B998F7A-C55A-4F21-941E-455C413F85DF (resized).jpeg

BDC45E53-547F-4629-B185-794CFB2C13E8 (resized).jpegBDC45E53-547F-4629-B185-794CFB2C13E8 (resized).jpeg

2BFAF39E-FBB6-4874-9AA4-0AC22F0C4380 (resized).jpeg2BFAF39E-FBB6-4874-9AA4-0AC22F0C4380 (resized).jpeg

9C669F22-6EB6-4E33-9E97-BF071F60B654 (resized).jpeg9C669F22-6EB6-4E33-9E97-BF071F60B654 (resized).jpeg

12069059-DAFF-4077-A618-BCC514827486 (resized).jpeg12069059-DAFF-4077-A618-BCC514827486 (resized).jpeg

F8ADED2C-3B7F-4F26-A9F6-EF7603B05E38 (resized).jpegF8ADED2C-3B7F-4F26-A9F6-EF7603B05E38 (resized).jpeg

E7D0A1CF-0CFF-44F0-AE18-03C8F523563C (resized).jpegE7D0A1CF-0CFF-44F0-AE18-03C8F523563C (resized).jpeg

AB94E9C6-B20C-488B-BAEB-14100F47E475 (resized).jpegAB94E9C6-B20C-488B-BAEB-14100F47E475 (resized).jpeg

4B68E2E6-2A95-456A-9F9F-C2DC5162BCF5 (resized).jpeg4B68E2E6-2A95-456A-9F9F-C2DC5162BCF5 (resized).jpeg

0D26FCEC-6735-4BB6-99AB-3BEBBF421854 (resized).jpeg0D26FCEC-6735-4BB6-99AB-3BEBBF421854 (resized).jpeg

1A2EE2BC-2FB1-4A00-B0E8-AFD0C5CA0FD4 (resized).jpeg1A2EE2BC-2FB1-4A00-B0E8-AFD0C5CA0FD4 (resized).jpeg

7112FF56-C543-4DCA-BD60-9F285475C2DC (resized).jpeg7112FF56-C543-4DCA-BD60-9F285475C2DC (resized).jpeg

#1978 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I miss space station. That layout was just so unique with the slings right against the flippers.

Yeah, it's great. I really love it. Even when my muscle memory from every other game says TRAP so I do and it rolls up onto the slingshot and PUNT down the opposite outlane...

In fact, I think that's probably one of the things I love the most about it. It forces you to play differently to a lot of other machines. I think that gives it great longevity even in a small collection. My dead flips and live catches are 1000% better for playing it.

The music throughout the game and show when you get a high score are pretty sensational too.

#1979 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

like police force. It’s not deep but the call outs are fun. It’s also a fun game for group play.

Police Force is awesome!!

SWEEPING RAT! (That’s when you sweep the rat drops!)

Danni and I were playing it the other day. She was wasting me, so on ball 3 I shot the ramp twice and “stole her score” and really pissed her off!

Hahahaha

rd

#1980 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Police Force is awesome!!
SWEEPING RAT! (That’s when you sweep the rat drops!)
Danni and I were playing it the other day. She was wasting me, so on ball 3 I shot the ramp twice and “stole her score” and really pissed her off!
Hahahaha
rd

Do you call that The Bradbury Maneuver?

#1981 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Do you call that The Bradbury Maneuver?

Dunno what that is ... but every time we sweep the drop targets on any game, we always scream out SWEEPING RAT! at the top of our voices.

Cause that’s how we roll.

rd

#1982 6 years ago

Update to the status of my sys11s:

Working:

Road Kings
Millionaire
Radical
Pool Sharks
Transporter the Rescue
Bally Game Show
Bugs Bunny
Dr. Dude
EATPM
Bad Cats
Taxi
Diner
Rollergames
Police Force
Whirlwind
Earthshaker
Riverboat Gambler
Swords of Fury
Big Guns
Space Station
Grand Lizard
High Speed
Pinbot
Cyclone
Mousin Around
Bk2000
Fire
Jokerz
F-14

Under restoration:
Banzai Run

The Sys11 World Champs are on again, Sunday 11 March!

“You are Champion!”

rd

#1983 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Dunno what that is ...

From http://slll.cass.anu.edu.au/centres/andc/meanings-origins/b :

Bradbury: do a Bradbury

Be the unlikely winner of an event; to win an event coming from well behind. The phrase comes from the name of Steven Bradbury, who won a gold medal in speed skating at the 2002 Winter Olympics after his opponents fell. For a detailed discussion of this phrase see our blog 'Doing a Bradbury: an Aussie term born in the Winter Olympics' (which includes a video of Bradbury's famous win http://ozwords.org/?p=5912 ), and our Word of the Month article from August 2008 (http://slll.cass.anu.edu.au/sites/default/files/andc/WOTM%20Aug.%202008.pdf ).

2002 Sydney Morning Herald 19 February: Maybe Doing a Bradbury will become a common saying in Australian sport[:] To succeed only because everyone else fell over. The Socceroos need some of that luck.

2014 Herald Sun (Melbourne) 10 July: Someone would one day do a 'Bradbury' and finish third or fourth in the Brownlow Medal yet be crowned the winner.

You can watch the whole race here:

#1984 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Update to the status of my sys11s:
Working:
Road Kings
Millionaire
Radical
Pool Sharks
Transporter the Rescue
Bally Game Show
Bugs Bunny
Dr. Dude
EATPM
Bad Cats
Taxi
Diner
Rollergames
Police Force
Whirlwind
Earthshaker
Riverboat Gambler
Swords of Fury
Big Guns
Space Station
Grand Lizard
High Speed
Pinbot
Cyclone
Mousin Around
Bk2000
Fire
Jokerz
F-14
Under restoration:
Banzai Run

I hate you.

#1985 6 years ago

Boooooya!!!

rd

#1986 6 years ago

Sys 11 wizards. Is it possible to use the display from bride of pinbot in system 11 games?

#1987 6 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Sys 11 wizards. Is it possible to use the display from bride of pinbot in system 11 games?

I didn’t think so, and this confirms it - the display is a different replacement part for BOP and Funhouse.

https://ksarcade.net/rottendog-led-display-system-dis089.html

If it was compatible they wouldn’t make a seperate display just for the two WPC Alpha numeric models.

rd

#1988 6 years ago

I checked the zener diodes, and a lot of them seemed to have been cut ( to test I assume ), but never soldered back correctly. So, I just replaced them. That with a couple more replacements and the special solenoids work, except the right dock.

Wiring is OK to Q75, as I can ground the resistor and it fires. Am I reading the schematic correctly here:

U45 pins 11 and 12 should go high to fire (correct?). What I have on coil test is:
11 - low
12- high

So I trace back, and here I am not sure I have it correct, U44 pin 23 feeds into U45 pin 11?

What I get is all three lights coming on in logic probe.

Then, does U51 pin 2 feed into U44? I don't get any reading on U51 pin 2. Am I reading the schematic correctly?

Another issue I have (among a couple of others), is that when I boot the machine, it will only boot every 5-10 times I turn the main power switch on. Hooked it up to a desktop power source and same thing. I thought I had read that one of the pia chips may be at fault, but can't find the article again. Thoughts?

On

Quoted from GRUMPY:

Check the zener diode on the switch input for this coil as it maybe shorted.

#1989 6 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Are you wanting to use the the display glass or the whole unit with the driver board?

#1990 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Are you wanting to use the the display glass or the whole unit with the driver board?

I have the whole speaker panel left from a BOP to 2.0 upgrade. thinking about either selling the speaker panel or keeping it as a spare for sys 11 games in the future. But it looks like that option is out.

#1991 6 years ago

I have a question for you sys11 gurus.

Diner:
At the end of a ball, after you drain the ball sits in the trough and the game stops making music / sound. Then it sits there doing nothing for about 15 seconds. Then it totals your bonus, gives you your score and moves onto the next ball of player.

This isn’t consistent and happens every 5-7 games after 1 of the balls.

Thoughts?

#1992 6 years ago

I have never owned a Diner, but I doubt it is supposed to do that. Does it proceed to count up bonus if you jar the game a little? That would probably mean a ball trough switch needs adjusting or might be sticky and just needs replacement. Can't hurt to give 1J8 a look on the CPU for ANY sign of corrosion as well. If ther is any of the green oxidation on it, that will need to be re-pinned. That would be the first 2 things I would do ..GL

#1993 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Then it sits there doing nothing for about 15 seconds. Thoughts?

It’s stuffed mate!

CPU related somehow.

Maybe check the chips and see if any are getting excessively hot. Sounds like one of the processing chips is getting confused and stalling.

Maybe swap out the 6802s (the big ones) carefully with another pin, and see if the problem goes away ....

rd

#1994 6 years ago

I have a question about putting a coin cell battery holder on a Taxi. I get putting the wire across positive, but in the pic I saw (attached) it looks like you put the positive lead of the holder to the center negative hole? Is that correct?

d074f06148d6baf841de27d480097dd17e2ea3c1 (resized).jpgd074f06148d6baf841de27d480097dd17e2ea3c1 (resized).jpg

#1995 6 years ago
Quoted from PinWiz1969:

Is that correct?

Yes, B2 negative connection is also the same as the positive connection of B3. You need to look at the trace on the back of the board.

#1996 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Yes, B2 negative connection is also the same as the positive connection of B3. You need to look at the trace on the back of the board.

Awesome. Thanks Grumpy!

#1997 6 years ago

Sign me up!
I’ve been unlawfully posting here. Apologies.
System 11 pins are the greatest!

#1998 6 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

I have never owned a Diner, but I doubt it is supposed to do that. Does it proceed to count up bonus if you jar the game a little? That would probably mean a ball trough switch needs adjusting or might be sticky and just needs replacement. Can't hurt to give 1J8 a look on the CPU for ANY sign of corrosion as well. If ther is any of the green oxidation on it, that will need to be re-pinned. That would be the first 2 things I would do ..GL

Thanks man. Typically even with the shaking it still thinks about it.

Quoted from rotordave:

It’s stuffed mate!
CPU related somehow.
Maybe check the chips and see if any are getting excessively hot. Sounds like one of the processing chips is getting confused and stalling.
Maybe swap out the 6802s (the big ones) carefully with another pin, and see if the problem goes away ....
rd

Thanks RD. Yeah after league last night it did it more and more with the increased play. So maybe it’s heat related.

#1999 6 years ago

Ok. Taxi is home. Somehow I forgot about ES when I made the list.

Radical
Pool Sharks
Gameshow
Dr. Dude
EATPM
Bad Cats
Diner
Police Force
Riverboat Gambler
Swords of Fury
Cyclone
Jokerz
F-14
Taxi
Earthshaker

#2000 6 years ago

Hey all,

Looking for a few things.

Taxi:
Left ramp
Play field - CPR or one that is blown out so I can do a hardtop to it

Jokerz:
Playfield

F-14:
Play field

Thanks for any leads. Just PM me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 109.00
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,583 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 92.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club/page/40?hl=trueno92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.