Topic Stats

• 2,876 posts
  • 603 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by GRUMPY
  • Topic is favorited by 259 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

258A6209-CEBA-455D-B8F8-99C2D513CDC1 (resized).jpeg
AF1C1EAE-92A0-4D45-BC26-998445E4E47A (resized).jpeg
BC7BF6AF-CB40-40E6-8544-BF69788733A2 (resized).jpeg
0D7463F4-302D-4C9A-98F6-4E8A39B3EDAB (resized).jpeg
50069 (resized).jpeg
taxi (resized).png
IMG_20190812_182637475 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190812_182641584 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
794A197E-3562-4B51-94EB-C6986F3B6476.gif
E8C83C08-617F-4EDC-993D-53B5C5795158.jpeg
C5273090-4256-462C-BD2D-6F2564B519BA (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190613_222315 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190613_222409 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190613_222426 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190613_222433 (resized).jpg

There are 2876 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 58.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Just added an excellent condition "Space Station" to the fleet -- amazing soundtrack, and green mode rocks...
MOF

Well done! Whatever happened to that Cyclone you were talking about shipping out?

#152 6 years ago

Sign me up! My absolute favorite era of pins!

I just bought a High Speed a couple of weeks ago and would one day love to compliment it with a Pin*Bot, a Space Station, and a Taxi.

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Just added an excellent condition "Space Station" to the fleet

Great game. Congrats!
You must re-dock.......................

#154 6 years ago

Sign me up!
Almost finish to restore my Cyclone!

#155 6 years ago

Sign me up -
Bad Cats and Rollergames when I can get it moved in.

Will be looking for Jokerz!, Taxi, Bride and a few others.

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Well done! Whatever happened to that Cyclone you were talking about shipping out?

Hope to close on it this week. =)
-mof

#157 6 years ago

Sign me up... I played almost all the system 11 machines growing up. I own a Cyclone.

#158 6 years ago

Sign me up. Best bang for the buck (imho) for those of us who cant afford the popular DMD games. I have Whirlwind, Cyclone, and Diner. Would love to add a Pinbot and a Taxi someday too.

#159 6 years ago

Sign me up!

Taxi
Cyclone
Pinbot
(and BOP, Centaur II)

Mike B.

#160 6 years ago

sign me up

Cyclone!

#161 6 years ago

Have:
HS
SOF

Had:
DINER
EATPM
F14 TOMCAT X2
JOKERZ!

Shouldn't system 9's count? The only major difference from system 11's is the sound section of the game.

#162 6 years ago

Sign me up. Purchased a Whirlwind at Pinfest last weekend!

#163 6 years ago

sign me up!
I've had my HS for 20 years now.

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Shouldn't system 9's count? The only major difference from system 11's is the sound section of the game.

Wondering... Should there not be a club for system 3-9 games?
-mof

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from amalongi:

Sign me up. Purchased a Whirlwind at Pinfest last weekend!

Sweet collection you've got there, amalongi!

I've got a Whirlwind that I love, but have also enjoyed:

Banzai Run
BK2K
Diner
F-14
Fire!
Radical
Swords of Fury
Taxi

...and wouldn't mind adding any of those to my line-up.

Cool thread!
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Wondering... Should there not be a club for system 3-9 games?
-mof

I've got a Sorcerer that would happily join.

#167 6 years ago

Sign me up!

Have Dr. Dude but would love to have Taxi, Fire! and Radical!

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Sweet collection you've got there, amalongi!

Thanks! I think I am actually going to put the WCS94 on the block soon and replace it with another System 11 game! My 13 year old son and I are fighting over which game though. I like Cyclone and Swords of Fury. He actually wants something older like a Space Shuttle.

#169 6 years ago

Maybe one of you guys can help me, I did start a thread for this. If someone bought the $50 Diner decal set and doesn't need the clock decal I'd like to buy it off you. If someone can take a pic of the clock wheel and shoot it over to me, that would work as well. Thanks!

#170 6 years ago

Sign me up!!!
My one and only machine is High Speed!

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from amalongi:

Thanks! I think I am actually going to put the WCS94 on the block soon and replace it with another System 11 game! My 13 year old son and I are fighting over which game though. I like Cyclone and Swords of Fury. He actually wants something older like a Space Shuttle.

That's a great problem to have: which of those three great games to get? I bet you the market will dictate which one you get -- grab the first one of those three that's available at a price you can afford.

-mof

#172 6 years ago

Signed up last week, when my BK2K arrived. Love it!

#173 6 years ago

So I have a Grand Lizard. The upper left flipper sticks upright during gameplay occasionally. It'll stay that way unless I push the flipper button repeatedly. I've tried turning it manually and it does tend to stick if it rotates fully sometimes. So I don't think it's any electrical issue. Is that a spring issue? Does the coil need to replaced? Flipper rebuild? Any thoughts?

Thanks,

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

So I have a Grand Lizard. The upper left flipper sticks upright during gameplay occasionally. It'll stay that way unless I push the flipper button repeatedly. I've tried turning it manually and it does tend to stick if it rotates fully sometimes. So I don't think it's any electrical issue. Is that a spring issue? Does the coil need to replaced? Flipper rebuild? Any thoughts?
Thanks,

I'd check the coil sleeve to see if it's all gummed up.
Plus the spring. It could be wedging itself against the flipper plunger.
Also the coil stop to see if it's super beaten down and somehow "gripping" the bottom of the the flipper plunger.

#175 6 years ago

Sign me up. My two are ES and F14.

#176 6 years ago

Sign me up! Just got a Taxi a couple weeks ago. Shopping as we speak.

Would LOVE to own a Dr. Dude someday...

#177 6 years ago

I have a Swords of Fury up and running now. And a Taxi at the arcade. Sign me up!

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Also the coil stop to see if it's super beaten down and somehow "gripping" the bottom of the the flipper plunger.

I will be trying Vid1900's suggestions regarding replacing the flipper springs on System 11's. I bought a pack of 10 pairs to change 'em up on all my machines. Will report back the improvements. Will need to take videos of before and after. Got the parts, just need the time.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers

-mof

#179 6 years ago

Only two weeks until I get to move Taxi from my want list to my have list!

#180 6 years ago

Let us know how that turns out mof! I'm feeling much more comfortable with the thought of rebuilding my GL upper flippers thanks to his guide. Pretty sure my left flipper just needs a new spring but I'll just use the whole kit to get it done right.

#181 6 years ago

Only two weeks until I get to move Taxi from my want list to my have list!

Haha, I already moved my Cyclone over. If NAVL fumbles the ball somehow, I'll have to slide it back. =)
-mof

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I will be trying Vid1900's suggestions regarding replacing the flipper springs on System 11's. I bought a pack of 10 pairs to change 'em up on all my machines. Will report back the improvements. Will need to take videos of before and after. Got the parts, just need the time.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers
-mof

I followed vids tutorial when i did my whirlwind flipper rebuild.
The tutorial was perfect and the flippers are playing perfectly!

#183 6 years ago

I am in with my Police Force, which is casually for sale......

_DSC0012.JPG

#184 6 years ago

sign me up!
currently have a pinbot and earthshaker.

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

So I think I have things kind of figured out with my Grand Lizard Flipper problem.

Forgive my terminology... I'm new at this:

It looks as though the "gap" is too much when the flipper is engaged. It looks like the arm that opens the switch when it's engaged is over extending and getting caught up against the leaf switch. Is there away to adjust that?

Also... looking at that flipper guide... MOF talked about making sure the diodes are on the right side and not up against the stop. ALL my flippers are wrong if that's the case. Should I be reversing them or should I let sleeping dogs lie.

Finally... the sleeve and the actual pin itself are filthy. We're talking black. It appears to still be smooth, not worn and doesn't appear to be mushroomed... it's just filthy. Do I clean this? And if so... with what?

Thanks for the help guys.

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

So I think I have things kind of figured out with my Grand Lizard Flipper problem.
It looks as though the "gap" is too much when the flipper is engaged. It looks like the arm that opens the switch when it's engaged is over extending and getting caught up against the leaf switch. Is there away to adjust that?
Also... looking at that flipper guide... MOF talked about making sure the diodes are on the right side and not up against the stop. ALL my flippers are wrong if that's the case. Should I be reversing them or should I let sleeping dogs lie.
Finally... the sleeve and the actual pin itself are filthy. We're talking black. It appears to still be smooth, not worn and doesn't appear to be mushroomed... it's just filthy. Do I clean this? And if so... with what?

And more to the story yet. I've come to the conclusion... this flipper coil was replace with the wrong coil. I've now noticed where it mounts there are 2 possible mount points to put the coil. This one was on the bottom mount because it's a smaller coil. The others are on the top because they're longer coils. Thus, when this one engages it has further to go to extend fully and is over-extending.
Looking in the manual and comparing parts numbers confirms this. So I'm hoping if I replace that coil I'm good and nothing has been wrecked.

Still would like advice on how to clean it up.

Thx,.

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

And more to the story yet. I've come to the conclusion... this flipper coil was replace with the wrong coil. I've now noticed where it mounts there are 2 possible mount points to put the coil. This one was on the bottom mount because it's a smaller coil. The others are on the top because they're longer coils. Thus, when this one engages it has further to go to extend fully and is over-extending.
Looking in the manual and comparing parts numbers confirms this. So I'm hoping if I replace that coil I'm good and nothing has been wrecked.
Thx,.

Great detective work.

There's a must-have "SWITCH ADJUSTER TOOL" for about $10. I'm sure one of the online pin stores has one in stock. It's a top-10 tool for sure.
I am re-adjusting pops, flippers, and flipper button switches often. It's VERY satisfying to get your pops to become loud fast machine guns.
I use rubbing alcohol for easy stuff -- Citrus cleaner occasionally for gummier stuff since the fumes are more harsh.

-mof

#188 6 years ago

My favorite games I played in college were F14 and BK2k. I currently own a Pinbot and I have owed a Grand Lizard.

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

There's a must-have "SWITCH ADJUSTER TOOL" for about $10. I'm sure one of the online pin stores has one in stock. It's a top-10 tool for sure.

Worth every penny, pinball life has one.

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Quoted from Pauz21:

Read this, all the advice you will ever need. Done by a very knowledgeable pinsider Vid900

http://www.performancepinball.com/rebuilding-flippers.html

#191 6 years ago

Worth every penny, pinball life has one.

Do they call it a "Leaf adjuster tool"?

#193 6 years ago

sign me up!!

currently have pinbot and big guns.

previously had cyclone, riverboat gambler , earth shaker and 3 whirlwinds

#194 6 years ago

Sign me up - Cyclone. Currently undergoing the longest playfield swap in the history of playfield swaps. I need more hours in the day!

#195 6 years ago

I just joined the club again this weekend.

EATPM joins Radical! and F14 Tomcat.

#196 6 years ago

SIGN ME UP! Just awaiting the arrival of the new CPR playfield and my TAXI will be brought back to life...getting closer!

#197 6 years ago

Sign me up!

Grand Lizard
Pin*bot
Space Station
Cyclone
Bad Cats

#198 6 years ago

Rollergames added yesterday officially. Just have to get it working properly.

#199 6 years ago

Just added a Diner to my pile, and a second Earthshaker which I will be trading for somthing else.. love the sys 11s

#200 6 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Just added a Diner to my pile, and a second Earthshaker which I will be trading for somthing else.. love the sys 11s

I want Diner really bad. Score for you!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 839.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
There are 2876 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 58.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside