IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,583 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 92.
#1651 7 years ago

Picking up a Cyclone tomorrow. That puts me at 4 with f14, whirlwind, and taxi already here. This also gives me the comet/Cyclone/hurricane trilogy. Super excited.

#1652 7 years ago
Quoted from supermatt:

Long overdue pic of my Sys.11's that I've been meaning to post for a while. I always keep coming back to these games as the most fun and enjoyable to play.

Thats my top System 11 picks right there. Very nice mate

#1653 7 years ago

Atlantis and Truck Stop are on their way.

#1654 7 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

Atlantis and Truck Stop are on their way.

Nice! "Hybrid" games with Bally 6803 CPU and a Williams system 11 soundboard.

#1655 7 years ago

Count me in! I've had Taxi for just about 3 weeks now!

1 week later
#1656 7 years ago

Updates...

Have:
TAXI
HS
SOF

Had:
HS X3
EATPM X2
F14 TOMCAT X2
DINER
JOKERZ!
Pinbot

Also, I want to mention that I have shopped out every single system 11 machine except for Radical!, Bonsai Run, BBBB, and Transporter.

#1657 7 years ago

Sign me up. I had a Pinbot for about a year but never joined the club here. Sold it on Thursday but picked up an F14 on Friday so I'm still eligible.

#1658 7 years ago

Just want some opinions. If you bought a System 11 MPU board on eBay and the description said "good looking condition / untested" would you agree that it was inappropriately described if it showed up and had battery acid damage affecting most of the components within 1-2 inches of the battery box. Traces on the back look good, but solder joints on front clearly corroded and battery box connector pins corroded all the way through on 2 of the connectors.

#1659 7 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

Just want some opinions. If you bought a System 11 MPU board on eBay and the description said "good looking condition / untested" would you agree that it was inappropriately described if it showed up and had battery acid damage affecting most of the components within 1-2 inches of the battery box. Traces on the back look good, but solder joints on front clearly corroded and battery box connector pins corroded all the way through on 2 of the connectors.

Oh yeah, it does NOT "look" good with that kind of damage. Can you return it?

#1660 7 years ago

Yes, I'm returning it. I didn't expect a definitely working board, but I definitely wasn't expecting acid damage with a description like that. Looks like I'll be out up to $50-60 worth of shipping in the end which is rather frustrating for a deceptive description. He claims that he's not trying to scam and that he is no expert, but he has multiple pinball boards for sale and knows pinside, so I'm not buying it. Everybody in pinball knows about battery damage and I think it's just about the worst thing anyone talks about.

#1661 7 years ago

Boards on eBay are always a crap shoot.
Either guys getting rid of junk, or true working extras, you always roll the dice.
I've gotten lucky a few times.

#1662 7 years ago

Yes, I'm returning it. I didn't expect a definitely working board, but I definitely wasn't expecting acid damage with a description like that. Looks like I'll be out up to $50-60 worth of shipping in the end which is rather frustrating for a deceptive description. He claims that he's not trying to scam and that he is no expert, but he has multiple pinball boards for sale and knows pinside, so I'm not buying it. Everybody in pinball knows about battery damage and I think it's just about the worst thing anyone talks about.

On ebay did you mark it as Not as Described? You might not have to pay return shipping. I'm just guessing here.

#1663 7 years ago

Yeah, I'm paying return shipping and I'm assuming he will try to take my original shipping charges out of his refund as well.

#1664 7 years ago

Anyone know the part number for the springs used in bad cats drop targets. My drop targets are dropping slow and looking to buy some.

#1665 7 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

My drop targets are dropping slow

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-364

You are most likely going to have to disassemble that drop mech and clean it before it will work right. They get gummed up a little bit and drop slow. Very common.

#1666 7 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-364
You are most likely going to have to disassemble that drop mech and clean it before it will work right. They get gummed up a little bit and drop slow. Very common.

I just did that tonight to my Marilyn drops as they were dropping very slowly. Also cleaned the optos because it was slow registering as well. They snap right down now.

#1667 7 years ago

Also closely inspect each drop target when out of the mech. They can be broken, often at the bottom. It doesn't look like much, but they will give you grief until they are replaced.

#1668 7 years ago

I need a little clarification on something. I'm still in learn as I go mode so forgive me. My F-14 pop bumper and slings quit. Found fuse under playfield blown. Diverters are other two specials and still have power and test ok so must not be part of that fuse. Pop switch is staying closed so needs adjustment and I assume that caused the coil to lock and blow fuse? I want to make sure nothing else was damaged with it staying closed for who knows how long. Tested Q69 and 71,73,75 and get .42 and .61 on the outer legs. Anything else to check on boards that could have been effected before new fuse and testing coils? Any certain way to remove wiring from pop switch to keep things playable? Orange or white or both? I went through the System 11 repair guide but just want to make sure I'm not overlooking something. Thanks.

#1669 7 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

Pop switch is staying closed so needs adjustment

Is the switch staying closed because the skirt is sticking or was the switch adjusted too tight, either way this needs to be addressed first. After this you need to see if the pop plunger moves up/down freely, if not replace the coil, sleeve and diode. If the coil was damaged then you need to replace the driver and predriver. If the coil is ok then replace the fuse and test.

#1670 7 years ago

Rollergames has joined the line-up.

#1671 7 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

Rollergames has joined the line-up.

Congrats! My only System 11 game, but always fun to play. Fast, fits the time period (love it or hate it, I love it), and the music/sounds are great. Always get hyped when the "Rollergames" chant begins, and nothing beats the "Kick Butt" song. Enjoy!

#1672 7 years ago

System 11 ruuulezzzz !!
I own badCats and Whirlwind for more than 10 years.
This games just run, and run and run ..... nothing to fix, nothing to repair.
Have had a GoT LE .. only problems .. sold it, do not miss it.
WOZ and TH .... better but also to work on.
Sys11 ... just running. I can transport them to events, borrow them to a friend, whatever.

Now I have also a F-14, swapped the playfield, fixed some issues ... runs, runs, runs ... this is how pinball machines have to work.

Just my 5 cent ...

#1673 7 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

System 11 ruuulezzzz !!
I own badCats and Whirlwind for more than 10 years.
This games just run, and run and run ..... nothing to fix, nothing to repair.
Have had a GoT LE .. only problems .. sold it, do not miss it.
WOZ and TH .... better but also to work on.
Sys11 ... just running. I can transport them to events, borrow them to a friend, whatever.
Now I have also a F-14, swapped the playfield, fixed some issues ... runs, runs, runs ... this is how pinball machines have to work.
Just my 5 cent ...

I do agree for the most part. I have owned a LOT of system 11 games. I think that once you address the 20 year old worn out junk and follow a good rebuild (like vid's guide suggests), they were the first time in pinball history where the electrical engineers behind the games really "got it right". They can run for YEARS without any issues.

If you bulletproof a system 11, it's hard to kill them. Even more recently, the "special solenoid saver" board were kind off the last aspect of the system 11 machines that could still "get you", having one set up for constant play.

#1674 7 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Congrats! My only System 11 game, but always fun to play. Fast, fits the time period (love it or hate it, I love it), and the music/sounds are great. Always get hyped when the "Rollergames" chant begins, and nothing beats the "Kick Butt" song. Enjoy!

Thanks,off to pick it up now(9 hour round trip driving plus pick up).Will be setting it up and playing later tonight.

#1675 7 years ago

I have my Banzai Run in the marketplace for trade for other system 11 titles. Looking for Diner, Radical, Earthshaker may consider others

#1676 7 years ago

For any of my Aussie brethren here, what should I expect to pay these days in Aussie dollars for a good condition System 11 game?

I understand a game like Funhouse is likely more expensive than a game like Taxi. A "ball park" figure would be helpful to give me an idea if some of the prices I see on eBay or gumtree are realistic or over inflated.

I have played and absolutely love the following games:

Funhouse
Taxi
Whirlwind
Earthshaker

I have not played, but would like a chance to play in the future:

F14
Diner
High Speed
Space Shuttle

Hell, I would love to own them all...maybe one day.

#1677 7 years ago

My taxi is missing two of the resistors on the interconnect board - R9, R10. The board is pretty crispy under where they were but there aren't any functional problems with the board (tested on the DMM).

Neither of these resistors seems readily available to purchase - what are my options?

R9: 4 ohms, 5W 10%
R10: 5.6 ohms 5W 10%

THANK YOU

#1679 7 years ago

What a great club! Fun games that hold up well and membership won't break the bank. Whirlwind, Taxi, Pool Sharks and now Diner. Am I a silver level member yet? Now I can personally assess the Diner vs Taxi better game debate that I have seen before.

#1680 7 years ago
Quoted from muzikman:

What a great club! Fun games that hold up well and membership won't break the bank. Whirlwind, Taxi, Pool Sharks and now Diner. Am I a silver level member yet? Now I can personally assess the Diner vs Taxi better game debate that I have seen before.

Taxi is a much better designed pin but personal preferences could differ greatly.

#1681 7 years ago

I've read up on the importance of fusing the BRs. This is what was available locally without having things shipped. The fuse holders are board style. They didn't have chassis mount. I know it doesn't look great but is this technically acceptable? I don't want to create other risks in preventing one. Should I mount them to plastic attached to the wood or is this ok?

IMG_0772 (resized).JPGIMG_0772 (resized).JPG

IMG_0773 (resized).JPGIMG_0773 (resized).JPG

#1682 7 years ago

Looks fine to me.

#1683 7 years ago

+1. Looks like it'll work just fine.

#1684 7 years ago

Officially in the club! First system 11 and it's a Taxi! "Taxi Taxi", hope one day to achieve the whole system 11 collection, but one will do for now. helps that the GF loves Taxi too.

20170324_233453 (resized).jpg20170324_233453 (resized).jpg

20170324_205145 (resized).jpg20170324_205145 (resized).jpg

20170325_074305 (resized).jpg20170325_074305 (resized).jpg

#1685 7 years ago

Taxi is so good!!

#1686 7 years ago

I recently repaired the GI in Radical! and yesterday while looking at something else, I leant on the transformer after the machine had been on for an hour or so and it was very warm. Can't comfortably keep my hand on it warm. Is that normal?

#1687 7 years ago
Quoted from PAPPYBALL:

Taxi is so good!!

I agree. The one I'm repairing now has been a real ball buster though. Problem after problem after problem. Hopefully I'm nearing the end of working out all the bugs...

Why the hell did ops put lock-tite on stuff back in the day? Fools!

#1688 7 years ago
Quoted from Vinosky:

helps that the GF loves Taxi too

I've yet to meet a woman who enjoys pinball that doesn't like Taxi. Taxi is girlfriend/wife/daughter approved.... ALWAYS.

#1689 7 years ago

I have had WW, Radical, HS, and RG. I liked them all a lot but sold them over the past 5 years to try different machines. I missed the look and play of these games so recently added Mousin Around, EATPM, and Taxi. I plan on keeping all of these long term and will add back WW when I find a nice one. I now have 3 system 11's, 5- 90's Bally Williams, 2 Newer Sterns , 1 Sega, and 1 EM. I think this is a good mix . What's up ED.

#1690 7 years ago
Quoted from SPeD66:

I've yet to meet a woman who enjoys pinball that doesn't like Taxi. Taxi is girlfriend/wife/daughter approved.... ALWAYS.

Not in my house, my wife can't stand it. Discovered that this weekend, who knew!?!
Could have picked up a Marilyn at tpf, but was shot down

#1691 7 years ago

Too bad about the Marilyn. My wife's two fav machines in my house are WOZ and Taxi followed by Rocky Bullwinkle. She despises F14 and isn't a fan of Cyclone (hates clowns).

#1692 7 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

What's up ED.

Hiya Wolfy!

#1693 7 years ago

Taxi was our first machine too and my wife was probably more excited about it than i was! Love the bell! And you cant beat some Gorbie ESL "You give to me ride!"

#1694 7 years ago

Need some help with A/N display troubleshooting. My Cyclone has an Xpin LED display and several segments don't work. However, it works perfect if I swap it over to F-14 which means the display board components and the displays are fine. Where do I go from here. The ribbon cable goes from that board back to the MPU but I don't know where to go from there for additional troubleshooting since everything I see online focuses on checking/changing display board components and not MPU components.

#1695 7 years ago

The ribbon cable goes from that board back to the MPU

Have you tried swapping this too from F-14?

#1696 7 years ago

The cyclone is currently out of commission so the best I can do is see if I have a problem with the cyclone cable in f-14. I'll give that a try and post an update.

I was just making sure there wasn't anything i could check myself on the board before sending it off for repair.

#1697 7 years ago

I was just making sure there wasn't anything i could check myself on the board before sending it off for repair.

You will need a logic probe to test the MPU.

#1698 7 years ago

looking for an xpin or pinscore display for pinbot. Please pm me if you happen to have an extra laying around...

1 week later
#1699 7 years ago

Thanks to MGC I now have a SoF.

I'm coming for you Dave.

RBG
Police Force
Diner
Bad Cats
Radical
EATPM
Dr. Dude
Pool Sharks
Cyclone
ES
Gameshow
Swords of Fury

#1700 7 years ago

TO ALL HURRICANE OWNERS: go over to {COLORDMD.com} and send out a request for a colordmd for the hurricane game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,490.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 70.00
There are 4,583 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 92.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.