By mof

4 years ago

Stats

• 1,817 posts
  • 480 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Ericpinballfan
  • Topic is favorited by 194 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 286 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

af213d0b34[1] (resized).png
20170612_220525 (resized).jpg
20170612_220609 (resized).jpg
20170612_220506 (resized).jpg
IMGA0862 (resized).JPG
IMG_6949 (resized).JPG
pop bumpers (resized).jpg
mousin playfield small (resized).jpg
mousin around (resized).jpg
0512171918 (resized).jpg
20170528_162412 (resized).jpg
20170528_162440 (resized).jpg
20170325_074305 (resized).jpg
20170324_205145 (resized).jpg
20170324_233453 (resized).jpg
IMG_0773 (resized).JPG

There are 1817 posts in topic. You are on page 33 of 37.
#1601 8 months ago

I believe the capacitor only affects how much spark you end up getting so the contacts last longer. I think something is up with your coil or the 3 contacts. But this is based on a limited understanding so take it as that.

#1602 8 months ago

Right on. Well I grabbed a full rebuild kit amongst other things so I certainly have the option of rebuilding both... tried to load up on common parts as I intend to go much further down the System 11 rabbit hole this year.

#1603 8 months ago
Quoted from emkay:

I intend to go much further down the System 11 rabbit hole this year.

Music to my ears!

#1604 8 months ago

I forgot to post it here ...

The 2nd Annual World System 11 Championships are at my place in New Zealand on March 5th, 2017.

I have chosen 10 machines from my collection (I have all of the Sys11s here to play)

Players play one game on each machine, top 32 go into head to head playoffs.

Last year we had about 75 players in the Champs, from Australia, NZ, Japan and France.

All welcome! Come play!

rd

#1605 8 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I forgot to post it here ...
The 2nd Annual World System 11 Championships are at my place in New Zealand on March 5th, 2017.
I have chosen 10 machines from my collection (I have all of the Sys11s here to play)
Players play one game on each machine, top 32 go into head to head playoffs.
Last year we had about 75 players in the Champs, from Australia, NZ, Japan and France.
All welcome! Come play!
rd

Dang if I had the money I'd be there.

#1606 8 months ago

Rotodave- That sounds amazing. Please update with what the ten machines will be. Still digging into my Big Hit.

#1607 8 months ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Rotodave- That sounds amazing. Please update with what the ten machines will be. Still digging into my Big Hit.

Can't say ... need to surprise everyone when they show up.

They are all machines with fixed scoring Roms fitted ... some Sys11 games just can't be used for comps due to floating jackpots or random scores. No Riverboat Gambler!

rd

#1608 8 months ago

Anyone have a "subway ramp" for Cyclone. Mine is being held together with duct tape.

#1609 8 months ago

Looking for a working 11b mpu board for a whirlwind. Hope somebody has one.last

#1610 8 months ago

Harley Davidson has just joined the line up.

#1611 8 months ago
Quoted from king-pin:

Harley Davidson has just joined the line up.

That's a WPC alphanumeric.

#1612 8 months ago
Quoted from emkay:

Found this guy laying in the coin box and ordered replacement parts but was wondering, should I check anything else while I'm at it? It looks like it just broke off rather than burning up but...

Make sure both/all your flippercoils have their capacitors locked down with a tyrap. Don't skip em or your EOS will eventually burn up early

#1613 8 months ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Anyone have a "subway ramp" for Cyclone. Mine is being held together with duct tape.

I bought a brand new one from starship fantasy not too long ago. Email Larry to see if they are still in stock.

#1614 8 months ago
Quoted from Jeroen:

Make sure both/all your flippercoils have their capacitors locked down with a tyrap. Don't skip em or your EOS will eventually burn up early

Thank you, I did remember to do that once I had it all back together. Flipping like a champ again!

#1615 8 months ago
Quoted from yfz450:

I bought a brand new one from starship fantasy not too long ago. Email Larry to see if they are still in stock.

Thanks. I was able to source one through a private seller. Just leaves one of those for someone else in need.

#1616 8 months ago

Hey All,

Does anyone sell the cyclone drop target decal? Is there someone repo'ing these?

#1617 8 months ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Hey All,
Does anyone sell the cyclone drop target decal? Is there someone repo'ing these?

I just bought one on ebay the other day. Needed ducks and it included rabbits and the spook. They seem to be very nice quality. Can buy them here...

ebay.com link » Williams Cyclone Pinball Machine Drop Target Decal Set

#1618 7 months ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Hey All,

I recently bought a ghost, cats, and ducks from Bay Area Amusements. Only used the ghost so far, looked good to me.

#1619 7 months ago

Hello,

i am looking for the decals on the bugs bunny house covers. if anyone has a scan please tell me..

thanks mike

#1620 7 months ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Hey All,

Send me your address, I have one for you I never used. I'll mail it out to you. PM sent.

1 week later
#1621 7 months ago

Hey guys,

Need some guidance. My WW has intermittent power off to flippers.
They are fully functional when on but will power off between balls or at initial startup.
I do hear a small click when they do activate again.
Seems more electrical than mechanical but where should I start? Thx!

#1622 7 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

intermittent power off to flippers.

Remove the cpu board and reflow the solder joints on the relay pins on the back side of the board.

#1623 7 months ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Send me your address, I have one for you I never used. I'll mail it out to you. PM sent.

Thanks for the drop sticker. It looks great.

#1624 7 months ago

Added another one to the collection. She's a little rough but it will be a nice addition.

IMG_1606 (resized).JPG

#1625 7 months ago

Anybody have a 11b mpu they want to part with. Pm me

#1626 7 months ago

I have a police force and high speed both of which had removed locks when I bought them. Got the keyless locks from pinball life but they don't hold the door closed. They came with the straight cam, do these titles require the offset cam for the lock? Can someone take a picture?

#1627 7 months ago
Quoted from Langless28:

I have a police force and high speed both of which had removed locks when I bought them. Got the keyless locks from pinball life but they don't hold the door closed. They came with the straight cam, do these titles require the offset cam for the lock? Can someone take a picture?

That's strange because I use all pinball life locks. Does it have a bit of slop in the door? If that's all it is then bend the cam with a couple pairs of vice grips. I've had to do that in the past

#1628 7 months ago

Is there a way to adjust how hard the trough kicker kicks out the ball? My Taxi is now bouncing the ball off the wall and then it goes back into the trough. On my High Speed, sometimes it would barely pop the ball and so it would sit on the ledge.

#1629 7 months ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

That's strange because I use all pinball life locks. Does it have a bit of slop in the door? If that's all it is then bend the cam with a couple pairs of vice grips. I've had to do that in the past

No the door pulls out by a good 1/2" when locked. I'm wondering if the coin door has a bump or ledge that got ripped off which is why I want to see a picture of one locked.

#1630 7 months ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Is there a way to adjust how hard the trough kicker kicks out the ball? My Taxi is now bouncing the ball off the wall and then it goes back into the trough. On my High Speed, sometimes it would barely pop the ball and so it would sit on the ledge.

It's not the coil power, it's the trough, the Angle of the metal right next to the shooter lane needs to be adjusted just right, my radical does it and so does my space station, sometimes I just have to pull glass and bend the angle toward me

#1631 7 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

It's not the coil power, it's the trough, the Angle of the metal right next to the shooter lane needs to be adjusted just right, my radical does it and so does my space station, sometimes I just have to pull glass and bend the angle toward me

Cool, I will check it out. Thanks.

#1632 7 months ago

Out of over the 1630 post on here, the answer to my question may have already been answered but I don't feel like reading over this whole thread trying to find it.

My sys 11b (mousin Around) sometimes doesn't boot up like it should when I flip the switch to turn it on.
Most of the time it turns on just fine like it should, but ever now and then when I go to switch it on the displays don't light up and the speech sound is in VERY slow motion.
All I have to do is switch it off and back on again and it boots up like it should and ready for play.
What should I look for to fix this problem?

#1633 7 months ago

HV caps

#1634 7 months ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

What should I look for to fix this problem?

Have you rebuilt the power supply?

#1635 7 months ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

All I have to do is switch it off and back on again and it boots up like it should and ready for play.

I have had several system 11's that have acted like this. Post #10 on this thread usually takes care of it. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/solenoid-fuses-keep-blowing-on-road-kings

#1636 7 months ago

Picking up number my second system 11 on Saturday

#1637 7 months ago

I switched on my Cyclone today and the knocker sounded, all the GI in the backbox and play field stays on, but I get no display, no call outs, and pressing the start button does not work. Any ideas where I should start looking?

#1638 7 months ago
Quoted from Langless28:

No the door pulls out by a good 1/2" when locked. I'm wondering if the coin door has a bump or ledge that got ripped off which is why I want to see a picture of one locked.

You need to bend the cam . I use an adjustable wrench (Crescent wrench)

image (resized).jpg

image.jpg

#1639 7 months ago

Bend that cam. Just like moto_cat's photos show. That is definitely one of the easier fixes when it comes to pinball machine problems.

#1640 7 months ago

Thanks motorcat!

#1641 7 months ago

Sign me up! I have several Sys 11's.

#1642 7 months ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Have you rebuilt the power supply?

No I have not

#1643 7 months ago
Quoted from dozer1:

I have had several system 11's that have acted like this. Post #10 on this thread usually takes care of it. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/solenoid-fuses-keep-blowing-on-road-kings

Thanks, I'll have to look into that

#1644 7 months ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

Thanks, I'll have to look into that

My Taxi acted out (no music, no display, loud noise) every now and then at boot up. Just Off and ON would solve it.

I just replaced C30 and so far so good. No issue, and soft boot up actually. Mine was just done, bulged and corroded, see for yourself.

IMG_4952 (resized).JPG

IMG_4951 (resized).JPG

#1645 7 months ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

I just replaced C30 and so far so good. No issue, and soft boot up actually.

Some of the best advice I had ever gotten on Pinside. Fixed several system 11's that I had with those symptoms. Thanks KBLIZNICK.

I actually just have that changed out now when I pull a board. Good thing to suggest to your board repair person if you are sending it in for an NVRAM install.

#1646 7 months ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Thanks KBLIZNICK.

Indeed!

#1647 7 months ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

My Taxi acted out (no music, no display, loud noise) every now and then at boot up. Just Off and ON would solve it.
I just replaced C30 and so far so good. No issue, and soft boot up actually. Mine was just done, bulged and corroded, see for yourself.

I am just now getting around to checking that out. C30 doesn't appear to be bulged, swollen, corroded, burnt or anything.
Will I be able to check it with my multi tester (mfd/uf setting) with it still soldered to the board?
....I don't have my multi tester here with me right now or I would.

#1648 7 months ago

Yo! Taxi!

20170219_152606 (resized).jpg

20170219_152523 (resized).jpg

#1649 7 months ago

I love my Taxi. Just set a whirlwind next to it also. Gotta love the system 11 pins.

#1650 7 months ago

Long overdue pic of my Sys.11's that I've been meaning to post for a while. I always keep coming back to these games as the most fun and enjoyable to play.

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 18.99
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
£ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 92.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 45.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 21.00
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1817 posts in topic. You are on page 33 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.