IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,583 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 92.
#1501 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Can you post a picture of your MPU board just above and below the battery pack?
If you do not have any damage, try reseating the ribbon cable on the display and to where it plugs in at the MPU board.

Sorry it took a bit extra to post pics I was working out of town.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1502 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Sorry it took a bit extra to post pics I was working out of town.

Glad to see there is not any battery acid damage. I see you posted a new System 11 Display issue thread. I would definitely follow ChrisHibler's instructions. Reseating the ribbon cable at the MPU and at the display did not do any good?

#1503 7 years ago

sign me up!

Play Whirlwind and Pin-bot at home daily, I like punishment.

#1504 7 years ago

My Taxi is making an audible "wimper" from the speakers when I turn it off. Almost like a gasp of signal is shooting thorough, and fading away after a second or so. Works great, just wondering if it's anything to be concerned with.

#1505 7 years ago

Collection grows by 1. Picked up a police force. All functioning but PF has no Mylar and needs some fixing.

#1506 7 years ago
Quoted from KingDaddy:

My Taxi is making an audible "wimper" from the speakers when I turn it off

It's just the ghost of Marilyn saying hi.

rd

#1507 7 years ago

Glad to see there is not any battery acid damage. I see you posted a new System 11 Display issue thread. I would definitely follow ChrisHibler's instructions. Reseating the ribbon cable at the MPU and at the display did not do any good?

Yea I'm deffinately going to follow his instructions. I'm working out of town Monday to Friday right now so can only work on it on the weekends.

#1508 7 years ago

Sign me up!

Late to the party but just got my first system11!

High Speed!
Uh dispatch he got away

#1509 7 years ago
#1511 7 years ago

Yes, i seen that and am waiting on one response from a lead and if that fails I'll contact you

#1512 7 years ago

Just lemme say here that pinsider agodfrey is an awesome guy to deal with!!!!

#1513 7 years ago

Anyone know why Kohout (pinballpcb) stopped selling these?

http://www.pinballpcb.com/System9-11cMainBoard.html

"Replacement System 9-11c Main Board (No longer for sale):"

#1514 7 years ago

Still have the mpu/driver and the sound card.

Quoted from Brazy:

Yes, i seen that and am waiting on one response from a lead and if that fails I'll contact you

#1515 7 years ago
Quoted from highspeed:

Just guessing not enough demand to justify. But that sucks.

#1516 7 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Just guessing not enough demand to justify. But that sucks.

I was looking to pick one up to futureproof my high speed.

#1517 7 years ago

Fire is on it's way!

#1518 7 years ago

Save my baby!

#1519 7 years ago
Quoted from highspeed:

http://www.pinballpcb.com/System9-11cMainBoard.html
"Replacement System 9-11c Main Board (No longer for sale):"

Dunno. Ordered one about 2 months ago for bk2k. It took a long while to arrive but wow does it work well. Ordered a rottendog for transporter 2 weeks ago. it works, but any sound that comes off of that daughter board doesn't sound right. I wish I would have bought 2 kohout boards.

#1520 7 years ago

Any body have a used taxi playfield they want to get rid of. Need one to install a overlay.

#1521 7 years ago

So can I assume all System 11B machines will have the same color coding on their inter-connect plugs?

If thats the case, I need some pix of the connectors that plug into the Master interconnect PCB..

Could I get pics of plugs J9, J7, and J6? mine look like hacked crapola!

Thanks! This will help with repairs!!

005_(resized).JPG005_(resized).JPG

#1522 7 years ago
Quoted from Silvercoin:

So can I assume all System 11B machines will have the same color coding on their inter-connect plugs?
If thats the case, I need some pix of the connectors that plug into the Master interconnect PCB..

Wow. That interconnect board looks toasted. You have a long red wire running from J6 to a fuse, just above J7 that "fixes" a heavily burnt trace. I would suggest buying another board since J6 will be difficult to repair without adding wires and still be reliable. If you choose to repair it, I would shorten the length of the wire and run it on the backside of the board. Though, you likely have internal board problems which is why it burnt so badly.

So you can look for a replacement D-12313-xxxx board, where xxxx is the configuration of the resistors/jumpers on the 'W' locations. I see one on Ebay for $50 that was in very nice condition recently. At one time, Marco had new replacement boards, but I think they were about $120, but at least they came already configured for what ever game you needed it for.

#1523 7 years ago

Wow. That interconnect board looks toasted. You have a long red wire running from J6 to a fuse, just above J7 that "fixes" a heavily burnt trace. I would suggest buying another board since J6 will be difficult to repair without adding wires and still be reliable. If you choose to repair it, I would shorten the length of the wire and run it on the backside of the board. Though, you likely have internal board problems which is why it burnt so badly.
So you can look for a replacement D-12313-xxxx board, where xxxx is the configuration of the resistors/jumpers on the 'W' locations. I see one on Ebay for $50 that was in very nice condition recently. At one time, Marco had new replacement boards, but I think they were about $120, but at least they came already configured for what ever game you needed it for.

Ug, Well.. I have parts on the way to fix it, I guess once its off the machine I can really see whats going on.

I'd still like pics if thats possible?

#1524 7 years ago

Only just found this club! Picked up a Space Station a couple of weeks ago to add to my Swords of Fury and Banzai Run and will hopefully be getting a Transporter the Rescue soon to take me up to 4 System 11b's

#1525 7 years ago
Quoted from Silvercoin:

Not sure if they would all be the same. I wouldn't think so ...

Best to have a look at your manual, it should have all the information there ... Or post up what machine it is and someone can post a photo up.

rd

#1526 7 years ago
Quoted from Silvercoin:

Ug, Well.. I have parts on the way to fix it, I guess once its off the machine I can really see whats going on.
I'd still like pics if thats possible?

Here is one on Ebay that burnt and wires were ran to fix the damaged traces. It may not be much better than yours once you remove it and see the back side of the board.
ebay.com link: Williams System 11 Interconnect board D 12313 574 5768 12332 00

What game is this from?

#1527 7 years ago
Quoted from Silvercoin:

Here you go. mine are a little toasty too.
Whoops. Edit BK2K picture.

Ignore my wires on the right. I never bothered to fix it when i got the machine. I just don't care since it currently works and has no reason not to.

DSC_0015_(resized).JPGDSC_0015_(resized).JPG

4 weeks later
#1528 7 years ago

Anyone have an extra 3 gang service switch on coin door? Usually players on web are out.
Please Pm me if you do, as long as it works or worked when you removed it.
Thank you very much, ERIC

#1529 7 years ago

Sign me up! Got a Big Guns last week and have been making improvements daily as parts arrive.

#1530 7 years ago
Quoted from pigeonfarmboy:

Sign me up! Got a Big Guns last week and have been making improvements daily as parts arrive.

Now your Invincible!! Big Guns is a Great pin!

#1531 7 years ago

Riverboat Gambler SYS11C for sale.
Nice SYS11 for anyone's collection.

Machine - For Sale
Fully restored (full original status) - “For sale is a Riverboat Gambler The Good: The colors and art on this machine are outstanding! NOS playfield installed - HSA clear coated Cabinet was gutted, cleaned and painted i...”
2017-09-04
Westerville, OH
2,900 (OBO)
Archived after: 49 days
Viewed: 785 times

#1532 7 years ago

Starting to have small issue with my Rollergames. Trough keeps spitting out 2 balls into shooter lane??? Not always, but more than 50% of the time. Went thru programming and it works fine on test.
Keeps doing it. Thinking old diodes on through switches? Any thoughts?
Thanks Eric

#1533 7 years ago

I'm in with High Speed! Just had it a week and love it.

None of the playfield lamps are working- don't seem to be getting power and the fuses check out. I'm planning on investigating the power supply next time I'm at my shop to figure out what's going on. There is only a very small current coming out of the 18V pins so maybe there's something shorting to ground somewhere? Everything else works great including the general illumination lights.

It's really fun to play but I hope to make it live up to it's name. There are lots of odd mylars and bad seams. I'm thinking stripping those off and giving it some fresh clear coat will speed it up? It's probably a winter project.

1 week later
#1534 7 years ago

It's rough but someone needs to make this BG for HS! 12637040_10209174167535416_1855804404_o.jpg12637040_10209174167535416_1855804404_o.jpg

#1535 7 years ago

reminds me of Speed Zone where the cop steels the Lambo t get in the race check it~

1 week later
#1536 7 years ago

Looking for some troubleshooting help on a Diner machine.
Symptom: whenever any controlled lamp lights, the lamp from the same row, in column 5, will light along with it.

I barely know how to use a logic probe. I wasn't sure which settings to use, but I removed the connector 1J7 and tested the pins. Pin 6 was always high, unlike all the others.

A few weeks ago I had the transistor in that circuit, q58, replaced because it tested short. At the time I thought maybe q57 (upstream from q58) was bad too, but it doesn't test as a short, and both legs read the same as the other lamp column transistors near it.

What should I do next? I've pulled the board but I can put it back.
Test the next chip in line (u52 I think)? How do I test that?
Replace q57 even though it doesn't test bad?

I'd appreciate some good advice.

#1537 7 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

Looking for some troubleshooting help on a Diner machine.
Symptom: whenever any controlled lamp lights, the lamp from the same row, in column 5, will light along with it.
I barely know how to use a logic probe. I wasn't sure which settings to use, but I removed the connector 1J7 and tested the pins. Pin 6 was always high, unlike all the others.
A few weeks ago I had the transistor in that circuit, q58, replaced because it tested short. At the time I thought maybe q57 (upstream from q58) was bad too, but it doesn't test as a short, and both legs read the same as the other lamp column transistors near it.
What should I do next? I've pulled the board but I can put it back.
Test the next chip in line (u52 I think)? How do I test that?
Replace q57 even though it doesn't test bad?
I'd appreciate some good advice.

Did you replace the pre driver for that lamp row/column as well?

#1538 7 years ago

Oh, and I just picked up my third F-14 Tomcat. Such a great game.

#1539 7 years ago

no, only the Q58 transistor was replaced

#1540 7 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

no, only the Q58 transistor was replaced

That's where I would start then.

#1541 7 years ago

Just added number 10 with Cyclone.

Riverboat Gambler
Police Force
Diner
BatCats
Radical
EATPM
Dr. Dude
Pool Sharks
Cyclone
Earthsharker

#1542 7 years ago

Sign me up! I am a new System 11 owner (Swords of Fury)! I am more and more towards the older pins from the 80s and early 90s, than the modern ones. Thank you guys for a nice thread!

#1543 7 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Just added number 10 with Cyclone.
Riverboat Gambler
Police Force
Diner
BatCats
Radical
EATPM
Dr. Dude
Pool Sharks
Cyclone
Earthsharker

You're 1/3rd of the way there Chris! Keep going!!

Soon you too will have the joy that a house full of Sys11s can bring! Miraculous joy! Joy for all seasons!!

Or something like that.

rd

#1544 7 years ago

Hurry! Hurry! Sign me up! Cyclone owner here.

#1545 7 years ago

Jealous of the cyclone owners. What a reasonable price compared to some others.

#1546 7 years ago

Cyclone is an awesome game.... much better than Hurricane I once owned....

1 week later
#1547 7 years ago

I have these used Millionaire plastics for sale on ebay or best offer here

ebay.com link: itm

1 week later
#1548 7 years ago

Im quickly becoming a big fan of system 11's. I just picked up a black knight 2000 and its my new favorite in the gameroom. Now when I play my old ballys and williams system 6/7's I find them quite boring. Looking to acquire more system 11's!
Currently have:
Bad Cats
F-14 Tomcat
Black Knight 2000
Road Kings

#1549 7 years ago
Quoted from Riptor:

Im quickly becoming a big fan of system 11's. I just picked up a black knight 2000 and its my new favorite in the gameroom. Now when I play my old ballys and williams system 6/7's I find them quite boring. Looking to acquire more system 11's!
Currently have:
Bad Cats
F-14 Tomcat
Black Knight 2000
Road Kings

You should check out that Grand Lizard that was just posted in the marketplace. It has some cool features like magna save...an underrated game and the owner has a nice sample

#1550 7 years ago

sign me up!

High Speed
Road Kings
... what's next? Cyclone? Pinbot?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cheat Lake, WV
$ 279.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 4,583 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 92.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club/page/31?hl=pigeonfarmboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.