IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,583 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 92.
#1351 8 years ago

A pic of my Camaro and it's new plates, anxiously waiting for spring.

DSCF5333_(resized).JPGDSCF5333_(resized).JPG

#1352 8 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

waiting for spring.

Come over to my house and give a ride and play some pinball.

#1353 8 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

A pic of my Camaro and it's new plates, anxiously waiting for spring.

DSCF5333_(resized).JPG

Looks nice Dean. Zip on up to the Cities in the Spring and we'll have a little race. I'll let you decide which car in my garage you'd rather go up against. That is a AWESOME plate on there.. Unfortunately very few people will understand it.

20150718_182232_(resized).jpg20150718_182232_(resized).jpg

#1354 8 years ago

Thanks Scott, yeah, unless you are into pinball, you wouldn't know what that is about. That's cool though, and kind of the idea. I can see people reading that and saying "WTF is systm11 all about. Then google system 11 and finding out pretty quickly. I am planning a subtle Williams hint back there too. Maybe a plate frame or small bumper sticker.

#1355 8 years ago

When I get my Mustang on the road we could have our own car show.

#1356 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

When I get my Mustang on the road we could have our own car show.

Good idea Paul. Spring will be here in no time. Car show, and then some pinball after and a beer or 2 or 3 or 4 or?

Quoted from dozer1:Thanks Scott, yeah, unless you are into pinball, you wouldn't know what that is about. That's cool though, and kind of the idea. I can see people reading that and saying "WTF is systm11 all about. Then google system 11 and finding out pretty quickly. I am planning a subtle Williams hint back there too. Maybe a plate frame or small bumper sticker.

The plate is cool no matter what. I'll know it's you when I'm flying past you..................

#1357 8 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I'll know it's you when I'm flying past you

You have a Learjet too? That's pretty impressive man.

#1358 8 years ago

Dean,
You are the president of the system 11 club.

#1359 8 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

You have a Learjet too? That's pretty impressive man.

Oh yeah, just no room in the garage. I keep that at my airport

#1360 8 years ago

Hello everyone. I have a few questions from the group regarding replacement bulbs. I have a space station and just bought LEDs. When replacing my standard bulbs, I realized that not one of my larger bulbs works. Is this normal or woukd this be a different issue (fuse? Wiring?). Also, the main bulbs under the playfield don't seem to be standard bulbs, with black casings on each of them. Tried to find replacements on pinball life. tu couldn't figure out which bulbs. Any suggestions? Thanks

#1361 8 years ago
Quoted from tomh52722:

not one of my larger bulbs works.

Could you take a pic of them, I think you are referring to flash bulbs.

#1362 8 years ago
Quoted from tomh52722:

Also, the main bulbs under the playfield don't seem to be standard bulbs, with black casings on each of them.

I think you mean 555 wedge base bulbs in twist sockets. The sockets simply twist out of the circuit boards so you can easily change the bulbs.

abl_wedge_flat_(resized).jpgabl_wedge_flat_(resized).jpg

pbl_24-8767_(resized).jpgpbl_24-8767_(resized).jpg

#1363 8 years ago

Here are pictures of the small bulbs and also the large bulbs. I think the 555 wedge base bulbs look right (thank you) but not sure about the larger bulbs (2nd and 3rd picture).

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#1364 8 years ago

Actually, the order oft pictures might be backwards. The larger bulbs are the oictures on the playfid and translight. The other bulb is the last picture. Sorry for the confusion

#1365 8 years ago

The bigger bulbs are 906 flash bulbs.

#1366 8 years ago

The larger bulbs are 906 wedge base flash lamps in larger twist sockets. They only light briefly at times during game play. Be careful with Space Station, there a a couple of odd, high voltage flash lamps that are easy to replace with the wrong bulbs. Do some reading in the Space Station Club thread.

#1367 8 years ago

Sign me up

Have
BK2K
Transporter the rescue

Had
Rollergames
SOF
Radical.

#1368 8 years ago

Hey guys, it was recommended to me to change out the Bridge that works with the flipper coils... Any idea where that might be? It is on a Jokerz machine.

#1369 8 years ago
Quoted from Silvercoin:

Any idea where that might be? It is on a Jokerz machine.

Aux power supply.

#1370 8 years ago

Which I already replaced with a whole new one...

#1371 8 years ago
Quoted from Silvercoin:

Which I already replaced with a whole new one...

What's the whole story, maybe someone can help.

#1372 8 years ago

Ok, the video illustrates the problem. In a cold room machine plays fine. Once it warms up, and you start a game, the buzz starts when the flashers light up.

Now. Once you end a game and the power is cut to the flippers the buzz goes away while its playing the game over music.

I have capped the p/s and replaced the aux power supply pcb with a new one. no change. I was gonna adress the Bridge Rectifier on the P/S next.

Also GI lights are all out on the right side.

Any help you Sys 11 guys? I love this game!

#1373 8 years ago
Quoted from Silvercoin:

Once you end a game and the power is cut to the flippers the buzz goes away

Does it make the buzz during the game without pressing the flipper buttons.

#1374 8 years ago

Silvercoin,
My best guess is that big ol' 30,000uF Capacitor on the back box not doing it's job.
Put a load on the lights, the AC is getting through to the audio system. (it is not filtering too well)
It could also be the bridge connected to it as well.
Bud

#1375 8 years ago

Yeah, System 11 has some sound issues in certain games, resolder the capacitors in the backbox or put in some brand new ones, and make sure to ground the boards with all your might.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1376 8 years ago

Did a cap kit on the p/s pcb. 30K Cap? Which bridge are we talking about?

I DID NOT replace the bridge on the P/s. So its still original.

#1377 8 years ago

Good news for the Jokerz owners. New plastic sets are now available.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-31-1006-567&Store_Code=PP

#1378 8 years ago

Silvercoin, Did the issue start with the flashers after doing any repairs?

You will need to look to see if you have a burnt J6 (far right) connector on the interconnect board for your right side GI being out.

#1379 8 years ago

Silvercoin there is a service tip from Williams for audio hum. Check the ipdp last file.

#1380 8 years ago

Silvercoin,
JokerZ manual page 40, lower right back box.
That supply feeds the lamps via CPU board.
Bud

Backbox_(resized).JPGBackbox_(resized).JPG

Backbox_JokerZ_(resized).JPGBackbox_JokerZ_(resized).JPG

#1381 8 years ago

I see. No i didn't do any repairs.. actually it came to me this way. I have to do the hum mod, but this isn't that problem.

Do the values have to be exact for these parts? Pinball life has a bridge @ 35A 200Volts, and that cap at 15Kufd 35V?

#1382 8 years ago
Quoted from Silvercoin:

Pinball life has a bridge @ 35A 200Volts

They have the wire bridge, you need a lug bridge.

#1383 8 years ago

Sign me up!

F-14 Tomcat
Mousin Around

#1384 8 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

They have the wire bridge, you need a lug bridge.

Ok, whats a lug bridge?

#1385 8 years ago

Go Marcos and search this, KBPC3502-L

#1386 8 years ago

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=172
Part# GBPC3504L

GPE has the best prices by far on electronic stuff for pinball.

2 weeks later
#1388 8 years ago

Sign me up, just got my first pin a fire! Table I'm restoring a month ago. Hopefully adding a bk2k soon as well!

#1389 8 years ago

Hey guys, does anyone have a source for early system 11 style machine post/studs that hold the star posts on? They measure 2.4" and are 6/32 on the top and bottom. It looks like Pinball Life and Marco have the later versions 6/32 bottom and 8/32 top and PBR doesn't seem to have them in the right length. What have you guys used in the past?

#1390 8 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Hey guys, does anyone have a source for early system 11 style machine post/studs that hold the star posts on?

Try Action Pinball. They had some posts that no one else seemed to have last time I was looking.

Edit: Is it this one? Shows as "out of stock".
http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=530-5008-00

#1391 8 years ago

Sadly, that looks like it. I will drop him a line and see if he has an ETA. Many thanks. I'll have to take a look through his inventory as I need the 1.75" wood screws with built in washer as well and can't seem to find them either.

#1392 8 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Sadly, that looks like it. I will drop him a line and see if he has an ETA. Many thanks. I'll have to take a look through his inventory as I need the 1.75" wood screws with built in washer as well and can't seem to find them either.

A 6-32 top and bottom is 530-5012. All I can find is a 530-5012-02. 6-32 with a wood screw bottom is a 530-5010. I don't see anything with a built in washer. You may have to add one.

#1393 8 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Sign me up, just got my first pin a fire! Table I'm restoring a month ago. Hopefully adding a bk2k soon as well!

Welcome to the club. Iowa City? Always good to have more Hawkeye fans on here. Go Hawks..........

#1394 8 years ago

I'm digging this thread. System 11 games are my favorite generation of games, and it seems like they've been making a resurgence in popularity lately.

#1395 8 years ago

Pick up a police force. Highly recommend, especially if you like taxi.

Call outs are great and so are the sound effects, especially Croc's machine gun.

Great layout too. The flack it gets is totally not warranted.

#1396 8 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

I grew up in Iowa City playing pinball in the 1970's, first at the student union and bowling alleys, then at the many bars, several had entire gamerooms with several machines.

Welcome to pinside, I would love to play your Fire sometime.

#1397 8 years ago

Would love to have people over to play it sometime, but it's not quite "show off" ready yet - we're still replacing burnt out bulbs, old rubbers, need to rebuild the flippers, and I'm pretty sure we somehow blew a fuse last night as one of the wires under the Rescue Victim! light came out while the game was on, and now the ramps, ball release, and fire plug won't work ><
Looks like another trip to the hardware store is in my future...

#1398 8 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Would love to have people over to play it sometime, but it's not quite "show off" ready yet - we're still replacing burnt out bulbs, old rubbers, need to rebuild the flippers, and I'm pretty sure we somehow blew a fuse last night as one of the wires under the Rescue Victim! light came out while the game was on, and now the ramps, ball release, and fire plug won't work ><
Looks like another trip to the hardware store is in my future...

All part of the "fun" of the hobby.............

#1399 8 years ago

I only have one System 11 game. Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball.

#1400 8 years ago

Sign me up. Bad Cats is my first System 11.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Titusville, FL
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
There are 4,583 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 92.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.