IMG_0550 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240124_230023 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240124_230050 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240124_225826 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240124_225912 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240124_225846 (resized).jpg
IMG_0797 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0794 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,508 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 91.
#1051 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I have a Pinbot project along with a CPR playfield. I've actually had the game for years, but I'm now trying to make some time to work on it. The game has some small issues and I'd like to get it back to playing 100% before messing with the playfield. I think my main issues are more general System 11 than game specific, so maybe I can get some advice here.
What do you guys do to kind of bulletproof your machines? Is there a common situation that leads to weak slings and coils? I have a Pinscores power supply in the machine, but it just plays slow and lazy. It often has an issue of drop targets not resetting, and there seems to be no consensus on the cause of this. I have pulled them apart and cleaned them and can easily reset them with my finger. They're not binding, it just seems to go along with the general weakness of everything else.
I've read about the special solenoids and stuff, but have a tenuous grasp at best so end up getting kind of bogged down in detail. Does that big gray cap in the lower right feed that stuff? All I've done is visually inspect the boards and they all look pretty clean without any hacks/repairs.
Not looking to be spoon fed info, just a basic formula you guys that own multiple System 11 machines follow. Thanks!

Some good info here >>

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-system-11-bullet-proofing-thread

#1052 8 years ago

Thanks for that, I bookmarked it! I think this is gonna be slow going, but I'm looking forward to it!

#1053 8 years ago

The collection all fired up!

System11.jpgSystem11.jpg system1111.jpgsystem1111.jpg System111.jpgSystem111.jpg
#1054 8 years ago

pinball 010.JPGpinball 010.JPGpinball 007.JPGpinball 007.JPGpinball 008.JPGpinball 008.JPGpinball 006.JPGpinball 006.JPG
Finally joined the club great game.

#1055 8 years ago

Just noticed that the diode on trough ball eject coil is broken. It's standing nearly straight up. Can believe I didn't notice that before now. But it still works just fine. Is this surprising that it would still work? I'll be fixing that of course, and wondering what else it affected.

#1056 8 years ago

On my Whirlwind, I'm noticing if you hit the coin box hard with your knee, in the middle of the game, the game restarts. Any thoughts.

️Tks.

#1057 8 years ago
Quoted from KingDaddy:

On my Whirlwind, I'm noticing if you hit the coin box hard with your knee, in the middle of the game, the game restarts. Any thoughts.
️Tks.

The slam tilt switch inside the coin door,either disconnect it or bend the contact out.Other solution stop hitting the coin door with you knee!!!

#1058 8 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

Other solution stop hitting the coin door with you knee!!!

Yeah and if you keep the key in the lock.....a friend of mine slammed his knee into my coin door and broke the key off in the lock, had to drill out the lock. Shortly there after I put all keyless locks in ALL my games.

#1059 8 years ago

^^^^^^that sucks but it's funny

#1060 8 years ago

Can anyone link me to the Aux power driver board relay for an earthshaker?

#1061 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinbali:

^^^^^^that sucks but it's funny

You should have been here, he was cussin and a swearing cuz he tore his pants and had a nice bloody gash in his knee. He's been a LITTLE more calm with his playing ever since.

#1062 8 years ago

Would've been a nice YouTube video I'm sure.

#1063 8 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

Just noticed that the diode on trough ball eject coil is broken. It's standing nearly straight up. Can believe I didn't notice that before now. But it still works just fine. Is this surprising that it would still work? I'll be fixing that of course, and wondering what else it affected.

oh boy.. so I "fixed" that diode issue without checking first. There is no diode needed on that coil for ES. Somebody put an AE1-23-800 in there and just disconnected it on purpose. When I ran through the coil test with an unnecessary diode in there, it smoked. I quickly shut it off and removed it again. Now other things are acting strange. I get the same flasher flashing now often while running the coil test, when it should be coils popping. Is that a relay problem? So many things wrong with my poor ES now. I need a more disciplined approach. What's Clay's phone number again?

#1064 8 years ago

Hey, I purchased a six-diode LED pad in blue to place behind my blue spinout dish on Taxi - help me locate a 12v source that I can tie it into???? The pad just has two bare wires on the end - I don't want it to blink, but stay on all the time while the game's on. I think the flashers are 12v but I want a steady "on" not flashing in tandem with the flasher bulbs.

Thanks!

#1065 8 years ago

I just bought the DK pinball 12 volt power boards for all my system 11's and that allows for some very cool led strip add ons or even a mod with a splitter I can add two long led strips, will post some pics when I done. Mezel sells them I believe as well.

http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/?page_id=940

#1066 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I just bought the DK pinball 12 volt power boards for all my system 11's and that allows for some very cool led strip add ons or even a mod with a splitter I can add two long led strips, will post some pics when I done. Mezel sells them I believe as well.

Where did you tap into for 12v power? A different place for each game?

#1067 8 years ago

2 more added,total 11.IMAG0233.jpgIMAG0233.jpgIMAG0234.jpgIMAG0234.jpg

#1068 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Where did you tap into for 12v power? A different place for each game?

No its on the PS in the backbox, take a look at the installation guide on the DK site.

#1069 8 years ago

Oh that's right, it's all explained on their site....dummy me. I have 3 in my Stern games so that's what I was thinking of. I forgot there were different versions. Thanks

#1070 8 years ago

What does one do when one has a few hours to spare?

Move all your System 11 pins into order of manufacture of course!

Starting with High Speed right up to Rollergames along this wall. A few gaps for machines that are in the workshop. The black top Ballys are on the other wall ...

rd.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1071 8 years ago

i have a few, wish i had more..

d1.jpgd1.jpg

#1072 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Starting with High Speed right up to Rollergames along this wall. A few gaps for machines that are in the workshop. The black top Ballys are on the other wall ...
rd.
image.jpg

OMG. I would have loved to be there to help with the move. What a great way to do it.

#1073 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd.
image.jpg

So I'm not the only one so anal,slowly catching you rd.

#1074 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

OMG. I would have loved to be there to help with the move. What a great way to do it.

Chris!

I've been meaning to do it for ages, then I'd go to do it, look at 25 odd machines, and go do something else instead.

The whole room is re-orientated since you were here last time. I worked out I could get more in with a different layout, so I moved them all. There are 94 in there now, with gaps left for the missing ones ... Will be 100ish when they all move into the room.

Sweet!

rd.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1075 8 years ago

My favorite collection on Pinside right here. Impressive!

#1076 8 years ago

Riddle me this roller games gurus, line fuse is good. I have 117 volts at the service outlet. At the on off switch I have .5v . How???

#1077 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Chris!
I've been meaning to do it for ages, then I'd go to do it, look at 25 odd machines, and go do something else instead.
The whole room is re-orientated since you were here last time. I worked out I could get more in with a different layout, so I moved them all. There are 94 in there now, with gaps left for the missing ones ... Will be 100ish when they all move into the room.
Sweet!
rd.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Dave I love it.

I love that you can walk in now and with the internal rows spun you can see the SYS11 row on the back row.

Was it trial and error to find out that you could make more of the space? Or did you map it out on paper?

chris

#1078 8 years ago

sign me up!
love all system 11's . I have few now and working on some more !!!

#1079 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Dave I love it.
I love that you can walk in now and with the internal rows spun you can see the SYS11 row on the back row.
Was it trial and error to find out that you could make more of the space? Or did you map it out on paper?
chris

We had 100+ people here for Pincade in March, and the flow around the long rows wasn't good. So I thought "how about turning them...?"

I got a plan of the house and drew the new layout on there ... Turned out I could get more machines in, and increase the flow of people. The original plan allowed 100 machines, with nothing else. This way, I have 100 (or slightly more) and also have room for the sofa in the corner. Nice one.

rd.

#1080 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Hey, I purchased a six-diode LED pad in blue to place behind my blue spinout dish on Taxi - help me locate a 12v source that I can tie it into???? The pad just has two bare wires on the end - I don't want it to blink, but stay on all the time while the game's on. I think the flashers are 12v but I want a steady "on" not flashing in tandem with the flasher bulbs.

Thanks!

On both of my machines, I added a 110 volt outlet that is switched on when the machine is turned on. There is a connector plug going to the main power transformer that has a jumper for 110 volts. I tied into this for the extra outlet. Then I plugged in a 12 volt wall wart for my external power supply. This isolates it from all the other power supplies in the machine. If you need less than 12 volts, just add a different wall wart. Just make sure the amp rating of the wall wart is larger than what the circuit requires. You should also wire the outlet correctly with respect to the hot and neutral.

Goodwill is a good source for cheap wall warts.

#1081 8 years ago

Road Kings with Led's and I just finished putting in several comet LED strips. With a nice high pitch this game is fast and set to hard quite challenging, music and SFX are the coolest, love it.

DSC01741.JPGDSC01741.JPGDSC01742.JPGDSC01742.JPGDSC01743.JPGDSC01743.JPGDSC01745.JPGDSC01745.JPGDSC01748.JPGDSC01748.JPGDSC01749.JPGDSC01749.JPGDSC01753.JPGDSC01753.JPG

#1082 8 years ago

Whirlwind, quickly becoming one of my favorite pins.

DSC01758.JPGDSC01758.JPG DSC01759.JPGDSC01759.JPG DSC01763.JPGDSC01763.JPG DSC01764.JPGDSC01764.JPG
#1083 8 years ago

Sign me up! I currently have Dinner, Taxi, Pinbot . Bride of pinbot,
BK2, Wirlwind, and Funhouse. Love these games!

Rob

#1084 8 years ago

"SIGN ME UP" I'm a passionate collector of the 11 series and if don't have it in my own collection I have had at the least the opportunity to learn from a friends. Point I am making is i cut my teeth on 11' s and they are what started the bug. I just opened my pinside account a few days ago after years of fourm stalking. So bear with me and soon I'll have my personal info and all updated and current thank you.

#1085 8 years ago

Welcome to the club.

#1086 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Road Kings with Led's and I just finished putting in several comet LED strips. With a nice high pitch this game is fast and set to hard quite challenging, music and SFX are the coolest, love it.
DSC01741.JPG DSC01742.JPG DSC01743.JPG DSC01745.JPG DSC01748.JPG DSC01749.JPG DSC01753.JPG

Way cool looking.

#1087 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Whirlwind, quickly becoming one of my favorite pins.

DSC01758.JPG
DSC01759.JPG
DSC01763.JPG
DSC01764.JPG

That looks great.

#1088 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

We had 100+ people here for Pincade in March, and the flow around the long rows wasn't good. So I thought "how about turning them...?"
I got a plan of the house and drew the new layout on there ... Turned out I could get more machines in, and increase the flow of people. The original plan allowed 100 machines, with nothing else. This way, I have 100 (or slightly more) and also have room for the sofa in the corner. Nice one.
rd.

Sounds like it's time for another trip to NZ.

#1089 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That's awesome, the lighting mods in your Whirlwind and Road Kings look great. I have the GI Buddy in my F-14... great little board.

#1090 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Sounds like it's time for another trip to NZ.

Pencil in Auckland, March 2016.

Big System 11 news coming for that date ... Wink wink

rd

#1091 8 years ago

Looks like i need a vacation in Nz!! Looks AWESOME!

#1092 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Pencil in Auckland, March 2016.
Big System 11 news coming for that date ... Wink wink
rd

I'd LOVE to go but the price.

#1093 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'd LOVE to go but the price.

I just booked to Los Angeles (ex Auckland) ... About $900 USD return on Air New Zealand.

About the same price as a beat up Millionaire pin. Cheap!!

rd.

#1094 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I just booked to Los Angeles (ex Auckland) ... About $900 USD return on Air New Zealand.
About the same price as a beat up Millionaire pin. Cheap!!
rd.

But I'd also have to get from Minneapolis to LA first and that's more $$$$

#1095 8 years ago

There are so many great System 11 machines that I remember playing in the arcades when I was little. Every time I pick up a Sys11 it's a magical experience hearing the familiar sounds of my youth. Currently have Jokerz, Rollergames & Game Show.

#1096 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But I'd also have to get from Minneapolis to LA first and that's more $$$$

True that! The USA is a big place. I've driven across it twice. Took days!!

rd.

#1097 8 years ago

I have a HS, Pool Sharks, and Space Station for sale in CT. Take all 3 for 3700.

#1098 8 years ago

DennisAZ:

Wow, that is a good idea also - I'm not that electronically inclined so I think I'll stick with the DK power tap plug-in thingy..........thanks though for the idea! I had no clue that finding 12v was a bit more than just tying into a pre-existing light somewhere!!!

Haven't heard a thing from DK Pin, are they still active?

#1099 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

DennisAZ:

Wow, that is a good idea also - I'm not that electronically inclined so I think I'll stick with the DK power tap plug-in thingy..........thanks though for the idea! I had no clue that finding 12v was a bit more than just tying into a pre-existing light somewhere!!!

I needed 9 volts for my sound controlled speaker LED light mods. So I used the switched outlet with a 9 volt wall wart:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sound-controlled-speaker-led-lights

I have also used a wall wart with selectable output volts to lower the light level of another LED mod.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette-drag-strip-under-lighting

#1100 8 years ago

I am suppossing this would work for under cab leds as well?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 4,508 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.