Topic Stats

• 2,865 posts
  • 601 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Chosen_S
  • Topic is favorited by 257 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

258A6209-CEBA-455D-B8F8-99C2D513CDC1 (resized).jpeg
AF1C1EAE-92A0-4D45-BC26-998445E4E47A (resized).jpeg
BC7BF6AF-CB40-40E6-8544-BF69788733A2 (resized).jpeg
0D7463F4-302D-4C9A-98F6-4E8A39B3EDAB (resized).jpeg
50069 (resized).jpeg
taxi (resized).png
IMG_20190812_182637475 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190812_182641584 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
794A197E-3562-4B51-94EB-C6986F3B6476.gif
E8C83C08-617F-4EDC-993D-53B5C5795158.jpeg
C5273090-4256-462C-BD2D-6F2564B519BA (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190613_222315 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190613_222409 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190613_222426 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190613_222433 (resized).jpg

There are 2865 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 58.
#801 4 years ago
Quoted from boris_37:

Did you buy your backglass from BG resto or get the one with the tarnished silver from mayfair?
Just curious what you think because I have a ruined backglass, need a new one and was looking at going the BG Resto route because it would be brand new and worry free (but not mirror only silver).

I bought the one from Mayfair. I figured since it is a players grade game that it would not really make that much of a difference. You can only tell when you are right up on it. I'm happy anyways.

#802 4 years ago

Like to get some thoughts and opinions on Police Force to any owners out there. Found one for a fair price in decent condition, but just don't know enough about it.

#803 4 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Like to get some thoughts and opinions on Police Force to any owners out there. Found one for a fair price in decent condition, but just don't know enough about it.

Rotation pin. If you can get it cheap, enjoy it 3-6 months and move it.
-mof

#804 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Rotation pin. If you can get it cheap, enjoy it 3-6 months and move it.
-mof

That was kind of my thoughts. Looks alright. Just don't think it would have a lot of staying power in a small collection.
thanks

#805 4 years ago

I like mine. However, I am only at about the one month mark. So...... probably for sale in five more months

#806 4 years ago

Anyone have a transporter?

or any system 11 projects for sale? (On the westcoast preferred)

#807 4 years ago

I am looking for the same on east coast. I can not think of a system 11 I do not like!

#808 4 years ago
Quoted from mainelycoasters:

I am looking for the same on east coast. I can not think of a system 11 I do not like!

Agreed. I really miss my Radical!

#809 4 years ago

"Hello Race fans and welcome to Banzai Run!"

I've made a Tech Chart for Banzai Run and now I would like to know what you think of it.
Attached is a copy of the file and this will be on my website at the end of the month.

Peter

Williams_Banzai_Run_Tech_Chart.pdf

1 week later
#810 4 years ago

Happy new year to all Sys11 fans! Here is my newest project, it was a parts machine, now I'll try to put it together again. Missing a lot of parts, but I have some ideas where to find them...

tax.jpg
#811 4 years ago
Quoted from Rec:

Happy new year to all Sys11 fans! Here is my newest project, it was a parts machine, now I'll try to put it together again. Missing a lot of parts, but I have some ideas where to find them...

tax.jpg 87 KB

Looks like a challenge. Best of luck in saving a great game.

#812 4 years ago

Budapest! OMG......that Taxi looks worse than my current restore project , makes me feel a little better!!!

#813 4 years ago

Im about to add a Radical to the lineup, any cool additions or mods out there for it?

2 weeks later
#814 4 years ago

Anyone have any insight into display "noise" in system 11 displays?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11a-display-noise

-mof

#815 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Im about to add a Radical to the lineup, any cool additions or mods out there for it?

someone is making skateboard wheel shooter rods. Love that game. Msg me if you ever want to sell it. Miss mine!

#816 4 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I like mine. However, I am only at about the one month mark. So...... probably for sale in five more months

I am at month two. Getting closer to dealing it. Lol

1 week later
#817 4 years ago

Just added another System 11...Mousin' Around! It's been a dream pin of mine ever since I was 13 or so. What an awesome game!

#818 4 years ago

Looks like a fun game, never played one though. Congrats.

#819 4 years ago

Sign me Up !!

Am proud to house:

Diner
Police Force
Grand Lizard
Pin Bot

in my Arcade.
reg
Matt in Sweden

#820 4 years ago

I just added Radical! to my list

but I had to let f-14 off to make it happen, Im realy enjoying Radical, its not super challenging but it's just really fun and quick, I have it setup on a really really steep incline, I'm guessing an 8% grade? it made the game play just as wacky as it looks

I'm in the process of adding in the 3rd slingshot, as of right now, I just need to wire it up. I'm thinking of adding in the VUK, but i'm not sure what all parts I need, and I believe I need special prototype roms that I dont really want to use, if anyone has a simple way of making the mod happen, please let me know!!!

#821 4 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Now this is why I sell my Bridge Boards!
My Bridge Board prevents this kind of problems.

Shout out to Inkochnito for his bridge board. Bought one for the PinBot (still need the bits of wiring/connectors that connect to it) since I was going need to replace rectifiers and cap anyways.

After seeing what the bad power design did to PinBot, and not wanting my BK to see the same, I just install one of the boards in BK. Man is this thing easy to put in - took about 15 min total. I dislike soldering, so the design made it a no brainer to install. While I didn't really have any problems to solve in this case, it did clear up some buzz and its nice knowing its protected as it should be. Have another for F14 (currently in the hanger).

Given adding the fuse protection is something I'd want/have/recommend to do anyways (forgot about my TFTC), getting this protection in a package that includes new parts, requires no soldering, and saves time/frustration adding the protection, makes it a great value.

#822 4 years ago

Sign me up!

System 11 wise, I currently have a:

Whirlwind
Cyclone
Elvira

Would like to purchase a Diner, Taxi & Jokerz in the future. (really clean examples for a collection)

#823 4 years ago

Jokerz pin. Can anyone tell me the correct capacitors to get for the upper playfield switches (ace, king, queen)?

#824 4 years ago

Sign me up!
Currently have an Earthshaker
In the Future (Don't tell the wife) Whirlwind

IMG_6600.JPG
#826 4 years ago

Picked up a Grand Lizard this weekend, so now have GL, SoF, WW, and ES. Plus I am babysitting Taxi and Cyclone, so have a beautiful system 11 lineup right now. Had to sell HS to get my GL, but feel that it's a definite upgrade.

#827 4 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

Jokerz pin. Can anyone tell me the correct capacitors to get for the upper playfield switches (ace, king, queen)?

I don't know this game, but are you sure you don't mean "diodes" instead of "capacitors"?

#828 4 years ago

Sign me up! I recently bought a F-14!

#829 4 years ago

I just added the third kicker in my Radical!
It works ok, it's not really strong, but I'm not sure it needs to be.

Does anyone here have a radical, and installed the third kicker, and can let us know their experience?

#830 4 years ago

Going to look at a Police Force this weekend. Any problem areas I should be aware of? Also, any lead on a Radical for sale near St. Louis?

#831 4 years ago
Quoted from Bbismuth:

Going to look at a Police Force this weekend. Any problem areas I should be aware of? Also, any lead on a Radical for sale near St. Louis?

On police force make sure the inner ramp is in good shape. There is a guy on here trying to make a run of remakes but Pinball Inc will not be running them for at least 6 months and you will have to buy both ramps in a package then. Other than that they have typical issues cabinet fade, broken plastics, wear at the ball drops, etc...

I am actually trading my Police Force on Friday but it is a super fun game

#832 4 years ago

I have been a DMD snob for a while until about 6 months ago when picked up Elvira. I just recently picked up a Whirlwind, and now I have my eyes set on Earthshaker. My tune has certainly changed, and I caught the System 11 bug.

#833 4 years ago

Does anyone make replacement System 11 GI Power harnesses? My Taxi's is pretty shot from the Iso transformer side to the Interconnect board. Seems like a pretty straight forward harness to remake.

#834 4 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

I have been a DMD snob for a while until about 6 months ago when picked up Elvira. I just recently picked up a Whirlwind, and now I have my eyes set on Earshaker. My tune has certainly changed, and I caught the System 11 bug.

Im looking for an earthshaker as well! Let me know if you find one you pass on. I really dont care about condition (i love fixing these things more than playing!).

Mat

#835 4 years ago

Sign me up. Hey guys just picked up a Pool Sharks yesterday! It's in VERY rough shape. Warped plastics, bubbling mylar on the inserts, very dirty. I wasn't really in the market for a PS it just came up for $200 so I took on a project haha. The backglass is PERFECT and the cabinet has minimal fade which is definitely a plus! It boots up but has a blown F4 Coil fuse (the pops and flippers work though). Got the top of the playfield all stripped down and cleaned up with some Novus 2. The mylar is hazy like usual and some bubbles here and there I'm prolly just gonna leave the mylar alone. I'll upload some pics in a bit they are on a crappy camera I used to document the tear down. I have a lot of heating up plastics and straightening them ahead of me! The main ramp is RIDICULOUS. It's beyond warped. I am missing the backboard plastic though (the big long one in the back with the woman holding a cue). So if anyone knows of one lemme know please! I might just fab up a piece of plexi and paint the back felt green or something. Anyway I hope I can get her going again!!

#836 4 years ago

Here we go!DSCN0898.JPGDSCN0910.JPGDSCN0922.JPGDSCN0929.JPGDSCN0937.JPGDSCN0945.JPGDSCN0966.JPGDSCN0907.JPGDSCN0908.JPGDSCN0997.JPGDSCN0999.JPG

#837 4 years ago

Sign me up! System 11 games are what I grew up with, to me they are pinball. Didn't know what system 11 was until I picked up my first pin two weeks ago, one of my favorites, F14 Tomcat. Started to look around and now realize that the System 11 machines are the ones I played and want to play. Bonzai Run is top of my list. Picking up a Big Guns and Grand Lizard soon. Look forward to learning more about these games.

#838 4 years ago

Sign me up! Owner of Whirlwind, Cyclone, Taxi.

Whirlwind is my favorite pin. Ever.

#839 4 years ago

Was that Pool Sharks involved in a fire at some point?

I've never seen plastics that melted on a machine before.

Pool Sharks is a pretty fun game. I've had mine for about 4 years now.

#840 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Yeah me neither! I don't think it was in a fire. Zero smoke damage anywhere, does not have any funky smells and it's mainly the upper plastics only. It looks like the machine was just left on and never turned off so all the incandescent bulbs slowly melted the ramp and plastics over time.

#841 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm guessing some form of non-temp controlled storage that experienced some extreme high temps. As far as he purchase goes, I would buy any system 11 game that is all there for $200 all day long.

#842 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I don't know this game, but are you sure you don't mean "diodes" instead of "capacitors"?

Yes, I think that was it. I removed one and Radio Shack had some

#843 4 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

RCA1 said:

Yes, I think that was it. I removed one and Radio Shack had some

Diodes are directional. Make sure you put the diodes in with the correct direction.

#844 4 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I'm guessing some form of non-temp controlled storage that experienced some extreme high temps. As far as he purchase goes, I would buy any system 11 game that is all there for $200 all day long.

You're prolly right about the non climate controlled storage. After all, I'm in Las Vegas and it was stored in a garage. I can't believe the plastics got that bad!! I hope I can reshape them using the oven and a propane torch. I'm gonna go REEEEAAAALLY slow. Plastics for this game are literally non existent. And yeah I figured $200 was worth it also. So far a fun project and my first playfield tear down!

#845 4 years ago

in vegas let the sun do the work. sandwich the plastics between 2 sheets of glass and let the sun do the work

#846 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

You're prolly right about the non climate controlled storage. After all, I'm in Las Vegas and it was stored in a garage. I can't believe the plastics got that bad!! I hope I can reshape them using the oven and a propane torch. I'm gonna go REEEEAAAALLY slow. Plastics for this game are literally non existent. And yeah I figured $200 was worth it also. So far a fun project and my first playfield tear down!

I have done several with similar plastics. I clean them with novus and then cook them in the oven on parchment paper at 200 degrees until they are soft and then I remove and sandwich them. They always turn out nice.

#847 4 years ago

I miss my Pool Sharks!

#848 4 years ago

Man parts are near impossible to find for this thing!! I cant wait to get it up and running. Hopefully I can straighten out that main ramp. Thats by far going to be my biggest challenge. Its seriously twisted and warped.

#849 4 years ago

Be careful with the torch! Perhaps start with a blow dryer then heat gun if needed. I was thinking that if I was going to replace a missing plastic, I would get a dark-translucent green acrylic from Tap and fabricate one.

#850 4 years ago
Quoted from Daddy-o:

Be careful with the torch! Perhaps start with a blow dryer then heat gun if needed. I was thinking that if I was going to replace a missing plastic, I would get a dark-translucent green acrylic from Tap and fabricate one.

Yeah I'm def gonna start with the hairdryer and go slow. This ramp is all jacked up but it feels like the only one in the world lol, so Im gonna treat it like it is! I have to also fab up a rear plastic for the backboard area. Thats the only one Im missing. I like the dark green acrylic idea.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Radford, VA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
There are 2865 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 58.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside