Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by HighSpeed1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

So, Im scratching my head at this one. Just grabbed a jokerz. The game is in nice shape, but it has a few issues.

1)The display is totally dead. Fuses check out. Ive never seen a totally dead display before. Is there any hope or am I just SOL and have to buy a new one.

2) Both ball trough coils do not fire. they are the only ones that dont. Why? Is there an under PF fuse associated with them?

3) I keep hearing a clicking sound coming from the bottom right board (The name escapes me right now) Is that related to either problem?

#3 10 years ago

1. Wiggle the ribbon cable feeding the display. I had to replace mine (after I had already bought an LED replacement), and even then the next owner had to replace it again (something about the reach of the cable)

2. Check the matrix, both coils might be on the same line. Another user here had a short issue where the upper left solenoid in the gobble hole would fire at the same time as the trough solenoid.

3. Bottom right board I assume you're talking about the GI relay? It should only click when it's adjusting the GI (lights turn off usually at the end of a ball).

#4 10 years ago

Have you measured at the connector for power?

Quoted from the96stang:

1)The display is totally dead. Fuses check out. Ive never seen a totally dead display before. Is there any hope or am I just SOL and have to buy a new one.

#5 10 years ago

Swapped it into taxi and got nothin. That seems weird to me.

#6 10 years ago

Check your test points on the power supply for correct voltages. Sounds like The power supply needs work in the 100+ volt section or get a new set of led displays and you will not have to fix the 100 volt section of the power supply as the led display only needs +5 volts to operate, witch eliminates the use of the 100 volts on the PS. This is a common issue on system 11 games. Or you could go with a new rottendog PS for around 100.00 the led displays are a little more or have your original PS fixed, It will cost around 100.00.

#7 10 years ago

for the 2 coils for the ball eject. Check the colors of wires. Do they share a color? If they do follow that color farther upstream. you might have one wire off upstream of the daisy chain.

#8 10 years ago

Check, Check & recheck! Check all your needed voltages including the test points on the board. Rebuilding the power supply is easiest thing, and cheapest thing to do. Start with your voltages coming up from your transformer. Unplug the male/female plugs in the base cabinet of your transformer that send the voltages up to the backbox, check all required voltages on the transformer side, plug back in and recheck all voltages at their destinations. If those are correct check your power supply board voltage outputs. I rebuild all my boards. You still might need a displays.
Did you go through a manual diagnostics to see what coils do and do not work?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-challenges-jokerz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.