(Topic ID: 173949)

System 11 - board mounting screws

By Nighthawk128

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I sent my system 11 mpu out, 10 weeks later I noticed the screws are gone, lost. Could they be metric? Does anyone know exactly what these screws are?

#2 7 years ago

I think they are 8/32x 3/8 keps screws.

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from GRUMPY:

I think they are 8/32x 3/8 keps screws.

Yup, they are. I have also used 8-32 x 1/2" long ones in a pinch.

#4 7 years ago

I tried #10-32 pitch but they spin in easy or don't thread in properly, the same Alan screws used for the coil stops because those were the closest that seem to fit but they don't. #8's simply push in the risers' holes.

#8 is good for the WPC Era from 1990 on, this system 11 to be more specific is a High Speed game.

#5 7 years ago

Try a screw from the power supply board mounting. If it is too small, the MPU mounting holes have been hogged out by
    a previous owner using something like wood screws. If it fits, then you know the proper screw to use.

#6 7 years ago

Williams games are all the same as far as I know. I believe yours have been damaged by someone.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from GRUMPY:

Williams games are all the same as far as I know. I believe yours have been damaged by someone.

I have seen a lot of this on my system 11 games. (might have even done it a time or two ) Leaving you with little choice but to find something that "bites" good and doesn't do additional damage. Use the proper fastener on any of the holes that they still work in.

1 week later
    #8 7 years ago

Your right they ARE #8's but not 3/8" because the first 1/2" is a void in the hole, 3/4" does it perfectly since... that's what I found. Thanks guys for your input

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-board-mounting-screws and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.