Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hoping for a fresh set of eyes on this one.

I traded my buddy a Radical that was playing totally fine at my house. We moved the game to his house and after about 25 games the F6 fuse on the auxiliary driver board started blowing. After some trouble shooting we determined that after a few presses on the left flipper the fuse would blow. We cut the power to the upper left flipper coil and the problem went away, so we are pretty sure the problem is isolates to that flippper/mech.

We replaced the coil just to rule that out and the fuse still blows. We pulled the whole thing apart and have quadruple checked for shorts at this point but nothing is obvious. The game was playing with no issues prior to moving it so the flipper wiring is correct.

The only other variables I can think of are the EOS and the cabinet switch. None of these seem to be shorting but I guess could be bad? Caps on either switch? Just wanted to throw it out there and see if there were any thoughts on what to check that maybe we haven't. Thanks!

#2 3 years ago

Hi,

Now the first thing to check is that you have not burned your new coil. Take the resistance between lugs with the DMM and compare with the other flipper coil.

Then
Have you touched the coil after 10-15 flips ? If it is hot you might think of a mechanical problem with the eos. Either the switch does not open at the end of course or your switch is bad and need to be replaced (you can check that in test mode)

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from jimy_speedt:

Hi,
Now the first thing to check is that you have not burned your new coil. Take the resistance between lugs with the DMM and compare with the other flipper coil.
Then
Have you touched the coil after 10-15 flips ? If it is hot you might think of a mechanical problem with the eos. Either the switch does not open at the end of course or your switch is bad and need to be replaced (you can check that in test mode)

The coil reads the same as the others. If we replace the fuse, it will temporarily work again - sometimes just a few flips and some times a full game. It also looks like the EOS is opening as it should but we did notice the mounting plate and hardware for the flipper doesn't appear to be original and was probably replaced by an operator at some point...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-blowing-flipper-fuse?hl=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.