(Topic ID: 322411)

System 11 backbox stencil

By JanS

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Is anyone out there still making this???

#2 1 year ago

Making what?

#3 1 year ago

Look at the topic?

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from JanS:

Look at the topic?

System 11 = three games, three different designs?
    https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?mpu=6&sortby=date&searchtype=advanced#1970

#5 1 year ago

Anyone know what the font is?

#6 1 year ago

OMG, no one knows what the hell you are talking about. There are multiple designs for all different games in pinball. All your OP says is system 11. This isn't supposed to be a treasure hunt. Radcals makes some but we honestly don't know what you are asking.

https://mircoplayfields.com/en/c/rad-cals-cabinet-art

#7 1 year ago

Maybe English is a second language to you. I did not ask for cabinet decals. I asked for a backbox stencil and was told for system 11 games there were 3. I then asked if anyone knew what font it was. I found a guy with silkscreen backbox warning screens. People like you are the reason people left Rec.games.pinball. Know it alls that no nothing. I've been collecting, repairing and restoring pins for close to 40 years. People have bought games from me all over the US. Back in the day before pinball collecting became a rich mans hobby I had a following that would buy sight unseen when I decided to sell a game as any of these people I'm sure will verify if they read this. It wasn't a business just a hobby that I tried to make my games as close to new as possible with what little spares were available at the time. So unless you have a mouse in your pocket don't use the collective WE. Just say I because I don't think you speak for the entire pinball community.

#8 1 year ago

The font in Post #7 is very close, only a few letters look to have minor variations. I haven't found an exact font, may have to trace or cleanup manually. I'm trying to do a System 11 backbox also.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-font-did-williams-used-89

#9 1 year ago

I've had over 60 pins here over the years and a lot of them being system 11's. Never did I know or even notice that they had 3 different backbox warning variations? I found a guy that makes silkscreen backbox screens. I told him what I need it for. When he gets back to me I will let you know. Before I found him I had thoughts of getting them made up on self stick paper for 1 time use if I could find the font and then find someone to make them. Thanks!

#10 1 year ago

Your Whitewater is probably the same as my Earthshaker backbox warning?

#11 1 year ago

Matt Merfeld (Merf’s Pins) made silkscreen kits for WPC and system 11. Not sure the current status but i purchased a WPC kit from him back in 2020. Pinside handle is merfeldma.

#12 1 year ago

All you needed to say was you are trying create a
    stencil for the yellow warning on the back of a system 11 backbox that was originally silkscreened. See how I communicated that clearly?

How does whatever you did for the past 40 years have anything to do with this thread? It’s like you are trying to start a pissing contest when one isn’t even necessary.

Many system 11 games had their entire cabinet art originally stenciled at the factory. You don’t see how that could be misunderstood with your original question?

If your communication skills are on par with your pinball work, I’d be very afraid.

This pinball world sure is a strange place these days. Have a good one!

#13 1 year ago

I'm sure that anyone that has restored pins over the years knew exactly what I was asking about in my original post when I didn't mention a game. Also listed my experience to let people know this isn't my first day doing this. As I said about rec.games pinball peoples snarky, know it all attitudes was their downfall. People answered my question knowing what I meant. Others chose to flame me. I can only imagine how someone new to this hobby is treated when they ask a "stupid" question here by some.

#14 1 year ago

Do you know how silly that sounds? Forum users like me are responsible for taking down internet newsgroups? Like they were not going to disappear on their own. Only flamer on here is you. Don't blame me for not understanding technology.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-backbox-stencil?hl=flipper_mcgavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.