1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Tsunami
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9ADFF3C6-8AB1-4A1D-B6DD-11D9F3AEC6C0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ViperTim.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

So I have already repaired my aux driver board for my Big Guns by adding the cut off diode, changing capacitors and adding the cut off varistor VR2.
    But my knowledge ends at varistors.
    What does VR2 do? Why on earth was it cut off on my board? The legs were still inside the through holes on the board so definitely there has been a Varistor in place.

What does VR2 actually do?
    Circuit diagram called for a “47v” varistor so that’s what I bought but apperently it also has a capacitance rating of 1100mF (the one I bought). Circuit diagram says nothing about capacitance only a voltage.
    And voltage seems to be different depending on AC and DC when buying a varistor.
    9ADFF3C6-8AB1-4A1D-B6DD-11D9F3AEC6C0 (resized).jpeg9ADFF3C6-8AB1-4A1D-B6DD-11D9F3AEC6C0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ViperTim.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-aux-driver-board-varistor?tu=ViperTim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.