By nateluke85

7 months ago

Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by LateCenturyMods
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

#1 7 months ago

I recently purchased a High Speed pin. I noticed that the sound effects and speech are way, waaaay louder than the background music. Regardless of how I adjust the volume pot, the ratio between the two just seems really out of whack.

My question is, is there a way to either isolate the sfx signal and lower it, or isolate the bgm signal and boost it, prior to them both reaching the summing amp? Or is there a possible reason why there would be such a huge difference?

Thanks everyone!

#2 7 months ago

Any chance that J1 and J2 might be mixed up on the Background Sound Board?

Manual says that J1's cable goes to the CPU board, while J2's cable goes down to the volume control. See if they're mixed up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 15.75
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Saratoga Springs, NY
Machine - For Sale
Denver , CO
$ 99.95
Cabinet Parts
Merf's Pins
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 380.00
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Apparel - Unisex
Double Danger Pinball
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Siegecraft Electronics

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 218 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.