(Topic ID: 264930)

System 11 alphanumeric 7 digit display schematic?

By FiatsRUs

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by SYS6
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230325_142928 - Copy (resized).jpg
Williams Sys 11 7 digit display schematic (resized).JPG
#1 4 years ago

Does anyone have a schematic for the 7 digit alphanumeric displays (the upper displays) for an early System 11? I have checked several early Sys 11 manuals and I can only find one for the numeric display.

I have a bunch of dead displays and one working alphnumeric display. I need a numeric display for a High Speed project (the bottom row). It seems to me that it should be possible to use the glass from my working aphanumeric display added to a circuit board donated by one of the dead numeric displays to make a working numeric display.

My plan is to ignore the inputs to the glass for "diagonal" segments at h,j,k and r,p,n, and combine the inputs to segments g and m. I know that I can get one on eBay but I like to tinker with stuff.

Thoughts? Schematic?

Note that the attached pic has a numeric schematic from the High Speed manual. I need the alphanumeric one.

Williams Sys 11 7 digit display schematic (resized).JPGWilliams Sys 11 7 digit display schematic (resized).JPG
#2 4 years ago

WTF is with these numeric displays? I have three system 11 display boards including six working alpha-numerics, but only one working numeric. Not enough parts to build one working board.

Watching with interest...

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

Does anyone have a schematic for the 7 digit alphanumeric displays (the upper displays) for an early System 11? I have checked several early Sys 11 manuals and I can only find one for the numeric display.[quoted image]

I used the schematic for a Data East Time Machine display and was able to get the info I needed. I have done the swap and it works except for segment m, which is necessary in conjunction with segment g to replicate segment g in the numeric character. I have the leads for both g and m connected to the same input so I am puzzled as to why segment m won't light. I will tinker with it some more.

2 years later
#4 1 year ago

An old thread, but I had a problem with an alpha numeric display on my High Speed and found this info when searching for a schematic to repair a broken trace. With a little more digging around I was able to add to add the following pinout details which may help someone in future.

20230325_142928 - Copy (resized).jpg20230325_142928 - Copy (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-alphanumeric-7-digit-display-schematic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.