(Topic ID: 199666)

System 1 soundboard switch-a-roo.

By Slack_Thompson

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

555sounds (resized).jpg
    20171006_163546 (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

Anyone know if the beeps and boops of Gottlieb system 1 are contained on the sound board, say in a chip? Wondering if I could wire a harness to trigger 3 different sounds from a different source.

20171006_163546 (resized).jpg20171006_163546 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Not sure about that. What I do know is, all Gottlieb System Ones with the sound board are downward compatible if you want to install a chime box.

#3 6 years ago

Hello,
    Yes, you can very well control the "bip-blup-555" Gottlieb board from a different source.

This card is very basic, it has three circuit-based oscillators 555, each triggered by the grounding of a pin.
    The three frequencies generated (594 Hz, 266 Hz and 153 Hz) are then mixed and amplified by a LM380.
    555sounds (resized).jpg555sounds (resized).jpg
    It require a 24 v DC power on pins 9 and 6/7 (GND).

The tones are activated by grounding one (or more) pin : 1, 2 or 3
    - Connected to ground = tone
    - Not connected = no tone

The board has been designed to replace directly the xylophone coil controls (similar, activated by grounding).

#4 6 years ago

Thank you for the thorough response! I am going to play around with some other sounds for Count-down. It's sitting next to Dragon and if both machines are being played at the same time the sound can be a little maddening.

#5 6 years ago

i would really like to know what you figure out. please report back

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-1-soundboard-switch-a-roo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.