(Topic ID: 259146)

System 1 Display Segments - Board or connectors to glass?

By StratDoc

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by StratDoc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I have a System 1 display in a Joker Poker that is missing a couple of segments on the 1st and 4th digits. If I press on the display board just above the connector I can make it display all digits properly. No broken traces on the board, re-soldered all pins and connections on the board. The connector is fine because the problem follows the display in question.

Is it likely a bad connection from the board to the display glass? If so, anyway to fix the connection? From looking at the display I don't see how that is possible.

Thanks

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from StratDoc:

I have a System 1 display in a Joker Poker that is missing a couple of segments on the 1st and 4th digits. If I press on the display board just above the connector I can make it display all digits properly. No broken traces on the board, re-soldered all pins and connections on the board. The connector is fine because the problem follows the display in question.
Is it likely a bad connection from the board to the display glass? If so, anyway to fix the connection? From looking at the display I don't see how that is possible.
Thanks

Is it a score display or credit? If a score display swap with another player and see if the missing segment follows the display or stays on that player.

#3 4 years ago

Hairline fracture on the display whete glass meets the legs.?

#4 4 years ago

It follows the display. I am guessing Chad may be right. Is there anything that can be done to fix the issue? Unlike Williams displays the connection is up in the glass so I don't see anyway to repair it.

UPDATE: it was the ic socket. it was not making a good connection with all of the legs on the ic. removed and replaced - all good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-1-display-segments-board-or-connectors-to-glass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.