(Topic ID: 167297)

Sys80B - what are Tilt Switch Closed error symptoms?

By Topher5000

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Topher5000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I know that it's most likely Z14 & have replacement ICs & sockets, but I'm curious what the symptoms of the tilt switch closed error are.
I turned it on with the playfield up so I could check for smoke in the cab & the lights came on & the display showed 'Tilt Switch Closed' stationary in the first row & 0's in the bottom row with nothing in the credits but the solenoids didn't reset.
Later I put the playfield down & when I turned it on the solenoids reset, all the lights came on, including the chaser lights, the display behaved normal & the gameplay music played, although it shouldn't have. When I pressed the start button, the display said 'Tilt'. I turned it off & back on & 'Tilt Switch Closed' came up, then it beeped & 'Tilt Switch Closed' scrolled across the top. This repeated.
Is this normal behavior for that error, or did I eff up something else?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Smithfield, RI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Warrington, PENNSYLVANIA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Topher5000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sys80b-what-are-tilt-switch-closed-error-symptoms?tu=Topher5000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.