Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I was lookin through the manual for my Spring Break machines, on the last page there was instructions for a topper light box. In the schematics it looks like there's all the info, I just want someone with more knowledge then I to look at this. I think my machine is missing an auxiliary lighting board. Are these available? Or will I need to make one?

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Has anyone seen one of these working? I don't know the wiring diagram of the lights and what order they flash.

There's an aux light board under the PF, can I make a "y" jack jumper cable to tap off this board? Or do I need another aux light board?

#3 11 years ago

I've only seen them on Goldwings. If you really want one, find a Goldwings topper from a parted out game, they're out there if you look hard enough. It's possible that the lightbox and schematic are in all manuals but not meant specifically for Spring Break, even if the lightbox was planned but dropped from production. That one sure looks like a Goldwings lightbox to me.

1 week later
#4 11 years ago

To update and get out the correct info here, I was looking through the 1992 parts catalog and Gottlieb apparently did make 3 different auxiliary lightboxes in that cabinet series. Gold Wings (pg.158), Monte Carlo (pg.159) & Spring Break (pg.160). They also made a rather odd looking flood light box for the top of Lights... Camera... Action (pg. 161) that I've never seen before as well.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

To update and get out the correct info here, I was looking through the 1992 parts catalog and Gottlieb apparently did make 3 different auxiliary lightboxes in that cabinet series. Gold Wings (pg.158), Monte Carlo (pg.159) & Spring Break (pg.160). They also made a rather odd looking flood light box for the top of Lights... Camera... Action (pg. 161) that I've never seen before.

Steve, I do recall seeing a topper of Spring Break. I *may* have it in my photo archives - I'll look.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

To update and get out the correct info here, I was looking through the 1992 parts catalog and Gottlieb apparently did make 3 different auxiliary lightboxes in that cabinet series. Gold Wings (pg.158), Monte Carlo (pg.159) & Spring Break (pg.160). They also made a rather odd looking flood light box for the top of Lights... Camera... Action (pg. 161) that I've never seen before as well.

I have spotlight box on my lights camera action... Adds a lot to the game when has blue or red spotlight on... Great game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
RGP Models

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sullivan, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sys80-lightbox-topper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.