You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Looking for a bit of guidance...

On my MA, what the manual calls the "left return loop" and the instruction card calls "the trap lane" isn't scoring or advancing. When the loop switch is activated you should get 50k for the first loop, 100k for the next, etc.

The switch activates fine in switch test, and makes it's associated noise during gameplay but no points are awarded nor does the value advance. I thought it was a setting, so I changed it to Extra Easy, which starts the lane at 150k, but still no scoring or advance. All other switches in the row and column of this trouble switch are working fine.

Hoping it is something dumb. Any direction would be helpful...

Rob
Creditdotpinball.com

image.jpgimage.jpg
#2 8 years ago

The game came with Rev 1 ROMs in the machine...is there a chance that feature wasn't programmed?

image.jpgimage.jpg
#3 8 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

The switch activates fine in switch test, and makes it's associated noise during gameplay but no points are awarded nor does the value advance. I thought it was a setting, so I changed it to Extra Easy, which starts the lane at 150k, but still no scoring or advance. All other switches in the row and column of this trouble switch are working fine.

Sounds like the switch is ok. Hopefully someone with more experience with the game will jump in on the rules behavior. I would upgrade the ROM and see what that does.

#4 8 years ago

If I'm remembering correctly, a second switch needs to be activated to award the points and advance the sequence. If there isn't another loop switch associated with it underneath the other stuff, I'd suggest checking to see if the right inlane switch is properly registering, as that may be the "last" switch the machine needs to register that the loop was properly shot/made.

Bolstering this theory is the fact that I've had the ball miss the inlane on the way down and had the sequence broken.

Try checking that switch for proper operation.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 23.95
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sys11b-mousin-around-switch-scoring-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.