Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by anthonyk
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20171118_222330 (resized).jpg
20171118_222443 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Hey guys,

My right side lower GI is out on my swords of fury. Figured I bumped something loose, short, bad bulb socket, etc..

My F2 fuse on my interconnect board keeps blowing, and i've found F2 & F4 have continuity across both sides of the fuse holder without any fuses installed. They also have continuity with eachother with no fuses installed. Im assuming thats not normal.

Also noticed my GI input plug is pretty suspicious looking from previous owners repairs. BUT was working. There is a burn spot on the connector but I think the previous owner repaired that pin but did not replace the connector. (I plan on repairing regardless)

No obvious visual issues on the GI strand, have not done bulb removal or desoldering of individual sockets.. What gives on the fuse continuity? Where do I go next?

Thanks!

20171118_222443 (resized).jpg

20171118_222330 (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

The first pic with the yellow wires the connector is burnt. Need to repin a new connector and replace the header pins on the board. While you have the board out take a close look at all the header pins solder joints a lot of others may need to be reflowed.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Mitch:

The first pic with the yellow wires the connector is burnt. Need to repin a new connector and replace the header pins on the board. While you have the board out take a close look at all the header pins solder joints a lot of others may need to be reflowed.

Thanks Mitch, I plan on replacing that connector and will try to inspect the rest of the board.

But does that explain the continuity issues between the fuses? Should both legs of both fuses have continuity between eachother or does that show symptoms of something somewhere else? Thanks!

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from anthonyk:

But does that explain the continuity issues between the fuses? Should both legs of both fuses have continuity between eachother or does that show symptoms of something somewhere else?

This actually is normal if you leave the J6 connector plugged in, which leaves the transformer in the circuit. This is the reason for removing fuses out of the game to be sure the fuse is bad. If you remove the J6 connector, then you would see you no longer have the continuity you mention.

See what happens once you replace the male header pins on the interconnect board and the female J6 rewired connector.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

This actually is normal if you leave the J6 connector plugged in, which leaves the transformer in the circuit. This is the reason for removing fuses out of the game to be sure the fuse is bad. If you remove the J6 connector, then you would see you no longer have the continuity you mention.
See what happens once you replace the male header pins on the interconnect board and the female J6 rewired connector.

Thanks for the clarification! Been looking over the schematics but i'm not at the point where I fully understand how everything on the interconnect board is connected. From board to transformers, to fuses, to GI strands, etc.

#6 1 year ago

Waiting on new pins and connectors to repair that plug. However I found a bulb tucked behind the drop targets that was shorting itself out. Everything should be good to go once I fix the plug. Thanks for everyones help!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 11.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greenfield, WI

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside