2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mr-zed
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A52D2901-6643-44E6-A9C5-8E0408F001FE (resized).jpeg
    34E0F643-673D-4913-A707-11530DCE2621 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr-zed.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hi there!

I have a Banzai Run game that will not boot.
    I get U25 ram failure.

It have been unused and waiting for restore/shop for 4-5 years. I have turned it once in a while with no errors. Guess about a 6 months ago last time.

The batteries was removed when I got it, but there is a bit of corrotion on the board.

replacing the u25 ram with a new 6116 ram did not make any difference.

I only get 4.86 volts from the psu - guess thats a bit low. Dont have any other system 11 games to test with.
    Is that too low and what could be the problem with the psu? (the 6057 is ok)

Regards

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Please post a picture of this board.

Here is a pic - the battery was allready removed, when I got the pin some years ago!
    Looking closer at the pic, the corrotion is quite bad - dont know if its fixable.
    Should have neutralized the board when I got the pin, but I didnt know or looked close at the board. Bad mistake.

34E0F643-673D-4913-A707-11530DCE2621 (resized).jpeg34E0F643-673D-4913-A707-11530DCE2621 (resized).jpeg
    3 weeks later
    #7 2 years ago

Update to the sys11 board.

Removed the board and neutralized the acid.

Yesterday I finally got time to trouble shoot.

Using a scope, it was clear that some pins on U25 (address bus) was not receiving data.
    With a multimeter I could trace it to the u25 socket. Replacing the socket solved the problem and the mpu boots again.

A bit of luck thats for sure.

Guess it was a little hint for me to begin restoration of this unique piece of pinball history. Love Lawlors innovative ideas.

3 weeks later
    #8 2 years ago

Now I’ve done it!
    Mylar removed with no problems!
    A bit of glue remaining!

Playfield is nice, but will need a little touching up/airbrush and some clearcoats!

Hoping the first coat with thin clear will fill/remove the fine cracks in the clear on some inserts!

Cabinet will need work also!
    Still deciding betweek repair and clearcoat, applying decals or use stencils as factory!

A52D2901-6643-44E6-A9C5-8E0408F001FE (resized).jpegA52D2901-6643-44E6-A9C5-8E0408F001FE (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr-zed.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sys11-b-u25-ram-failure?tu=mr-zed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.