(Topic ID: 84443)

Sys1 Buck Rogers - Pops/Sling/Flippers - Non CPU controlled Solenoids don't work

By noahpdavis

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by CNKay
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Buckrogersbottompf.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I'm new to sys1's. Game has a ni-wumph board in it. From the bit of research I've done, I've got some connectors to rebuild - i'm just not sure where to start.

Game is booting
Displays work
CPU controlled solenoids (drop reset coils, outhole kicker and saucer kicker) all work fine.

The non-cpu controlled solenoids (flippers, pops and sling) seem fairly simple but they're not working at all. The switches do not register in game or in test, and the solenoids don't work in game or in test.

I checked for broken wires and didn't see anything. Also - it appears the game over/tilt relays are gapped correctly, although I have very little experience with them (relays in general). The fuses on the bottom of the cab all seemed fine.

Where else should I be looking?

#2 10 years ago

Note - the switches don't register. All other pf switches do.

#3 10 years ago

No specific help yet , but you might review this: http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_1

#4 10 years ago

Does it start a game ? Credits ? Slam switches closed ? I would need to look at my came to confirm I believe theres a relay on bottom of play field that's energized by CPU @ game start and that controls power to those coils

#5 10 years ago

Yes - adds credits and starts a game - all switches show open in switch test. The 2 relays at the bottom of the pf are the game over and tilt relay.Buckrogersbottompf.jpgBuckrogersbottompf.jpg

#6 10 years ago

All switches that aren't related to the pops/left sling score correctly. None of the switches associated with those solenoids register in test or in game.

#7 10 years ago

Repin connectors

#8 10 years ago

Correction - the scoring switches of the effected solenoids do score, but you have to actuate the mech by hand - the scoring switches are like EOS's so they're all the way at the end of the kick/pop.

We adjusted the tilt/game over relays last night and determined they weren't getting power. Traced the line back to the transistor that controls them and it's path is good. Going to do the ground mods and rebuild the connectors in the path from the power supply to mpu and mpu to driver board.

#9 10 years ago

Is your game over/tilt relay good. I do know that none functioning tilt and or game over could be cutting power to the devices you are having problems with. make sure the relays move freely with finger and clean contacts with business card. Power up and make sure they are activating.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.50
Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sys1-buck-rogers-popsslingflippers-non-cpu-controlled-solenoids-dont-work and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.