(Topic ID: 129824)

Sys 9/11 test switch help (and parts?) needed...

By Frax

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Frax
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG0893.jpg
IMAG0894.jpg
IMAG0896.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Test switches do not work on my Comet. I'm sure part of it is probably related to the fact that one of the switches seems "stuck" and someone hacked a replacement button in around the wiring to get around that... I'm having issue finding replacement button switches, or a full switch bracket assembly...anyone know who might have these?

Also looking for a wiring diagram, preferrably a shot from a comet of how the wiring is attached to the switches... don't understand the positioning of all the lugs on these switches and why each switch has like eight lugs.

#2 8 years ago

Service switches right? I'll can grab you a shot in the next hour

#3 8 years ago

Yeah, on the coin door. No big rush, I don't even get off work for four hours. I'm going to have to replace at least one of these if nothing else...or leave the hack button in lol.

#4 8 years ago

I have at least 2 sets with broken switches. I need to figure how to make 1 good set out of them.

I order my new ones on eBay. Guy there has decent prices.
ebay.com link: link

#5 8 years ago

Link won't load for me by click or copy/paste. If it's one seller you can just send me the name and I'll find it.

#6 8 years ago

Finding*my*way is the eBay handle

Here's the pics
IMAG0893.jpgIMAG0893.jpgIMAG0894.jpgIMAG0894.jpgIMAG0896.jpgIMAG0896.jpg

#7 8 years ago

Here's a replacement unit that simply plugs into the cpu board:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-WDSI

#8 8 years ago

Wow, nice and clean wiring..

That's pretty awesome Ken. If I can test the switch inputs manually on my game and determine it's just the wiring to the coin door and/or the physical switches, I'll probably just buy that and hand it to the person interested in buying Comet.

#9 8 years ago

Okay, so Siegecraft sells the tester/switch Marco re-sells for 19.95 plus shipping for.......5 bucks plus shipping. I just paid the eight bucks and ordered the thing....

#10 8 years ago

Frax I just picked one up myself. Thanks Ken for posting that the switch even existed!

1 week later
#11 8 years ago

Small update. Got the part in from Siegecraft, board is completely fine. Issue is the switches or the wiring to the switches. Haven't pursued further. Put the game on free play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sys-911-test-switch-help-and-parts-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.